PDA

View Full Version : I'm impressed with Cassel

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
He has played very well so far in my opinion.
He has been under pressure all year, and has stood in there. Cassle has also proven he can take a hit, and get right back up.
It seems like the 4 or 5 times a game he actually has time to look over the field, he is accurate, and makes the most of it.
Get the o-line shored up in the draft and free agency this offseason, and I think we are set at qb for several years.

honda522
11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
His biggest flaw is holding on too long.

drstandley31
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
He'll be fine. He didn't play college ball, and played one year of pro. The guy just needs some experience and games like this are where you get it. He's who we have, and he'll be fine if he can stay healty. There are a lot of holes to fill on this team, and he'll play better as we fill them. I like the kid.

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
He has played very well so far in my opinion.
He has been under pressure all year, and has stood in there. Cassle has also proven he can take a hit, and get right back up.
It seems like the 4 or 5 times a game he actually has time to look over the field, he is accurate, and makes the most of it.
Get the o-line shored up in the draft and free agency this offseason, and I think we are set at qb for several years.
Apparently not enough to spell his name correctly

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Apparently not enough to spell his name correctly
I don't care if his name is Assel, as long as he's good.

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
What makes him good being the most sacked qb two years in a row, having a below average completion rate, his below average arm strength, or his sub par accuracy?

texaschief
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
What makes him good being the mostsacked qb two years in a row, having a below overage completion rate, his below average arm strength, or his sub par accuracy?

YES.

... and Hey!!! Don't talk about David Carr that way!!

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 11:36 PM
What makes him good being the mostsacked qb two years in a row, having a below overage completion rate, his below average arm strength, or his sub par accuracy?
You should have a space between "mostsacked".
Also, it's average, not "overage"
Since grammar and spelling are important issues to you, I thought you should take note.

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
You should have a space between "mostsacked".
Also, it's average, not "overage"
Since grammar and spelling are important issues to you, I thought you should take note.
sorry Im typing on my wifes laptop and I have big hands, but you get the point.

IlovetheChiefs
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM

:lol:

And that's also funny because I remember there was a baseball player around 1980 on the Braves called Brian Asselstine. Matter of fact, I was at a Braves-Phillies game that year and he hit a home run, heh.

Vandelay
11-22-2009, 11:41 PM
I know, but it's not cool correcting spelling on a forum.

We disagree on Cassel, thats fine.
Truce?:bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I know, but it's not cool correcting spelling on a forum.

We disagree on Cassel, thats fine.
Truce?:bananen_smilies046:
:bananen_smilies046::toast2:truce, but if he is in the top 5 in sacks next year, Im going to be pissed.

drstandley31
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
What makes him good being the most sacked qb two years in a row, having a below average completion rate, his below average arm strength, or his sub par accuracy?
Well then you're going to be spending a lot of time ranting, because he's not going anywhere.
Everything spelled ok in my post?

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
I like Cassel, I just wish they'd roll him to the outside more often so that he has the option to throw it away if no one is open down field.

Ryfo18
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM

You're that guy aren't you? You know, the one who the coach never put in because you sucked, but you could pick out everyone's flaws who was playing in front of you in your position because you thought you should be playing. Still not over those years bud?

I think we all know we don't have the next Peyton Manning on our hands. The most admirable thing about him is he doesn't make a lot of costly mistakes. Yeah he's a little more leading to more sacks, but he gives us a chance to win. That's all I can ask for. A couple of those sacks came off PA though and as soon as he turned around from the fake, he was down. The line is bad.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 09:46 AM
You're that guy aren't you? You know, the one who the coach never put in because you sucked, but you could pick out everyone's flaws who was playing in front of you in your position because you thought you should be playing. Still not over those years bud?

I think we all know we don't have the next Peyton Manning on our hands. The most admirable thing about him is he doesn't make a lot of costly mistakes. Yeah he's a little more leading to more sacks, but he gives us a chance to win. That's all I can ask for. A couple of those sacks came off PA though and as soon as he turned around from the fake, he was down. The line is bad.
Look at my other post I am not even close to that guy, for the most part I look at the positives, but it seems like no one is calling him out.

Bike
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
Look at my other post I am not even close to that guy, for the most part I look at the positives, but it seems like no one is calling him out.
Think there might be a reason for that? Theres no reason to. Looks like you're doing a good of calling him out all by yourself...

Canada
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM

...he did just beat the Steelers.

Pro_Angler
11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
didnt cassel play golf? oh im sorry thats the coach..but cassel has almost the same football "experience".. not sold on him yet and may never be.

Canada
11-23-2009, 01:35 PM
didnt cassel play golf? oh im sorry thats the coach..but cassel has almost the same football "experience".. not sold on him yet and may never be.

Who cares if he played golf? I mean most people on this site seem to know how to run this team but I don't think we have and members who are NFL players. Just because he didnt play does not mean he does not understand the game.

matthewschiefs
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM

I cant say that i am 100% sold. But with his play hes at least made me want to see more. Sure hes not lit the world on fire and throw up wowing numbers. But hes not surrounded with the talent to do that. With the talent around him I think hes done just about as much as you can hope to see from him. At least for me anyway.

Isawa_mo
11-23-2009, 05:56 PM

Some people never were sold on Trent Green either...

hometeam
11-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Im still nowhere near convinced thats hes a QB we should hang our hat on for the future.

yashi
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Im still nowhere near convinced thats hes a QB we should hang our hat on for the future.

Doesn't matter really. Too much money invested to turn back for several years.

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Doesn't matter really. Too much money invested to turn back for several years.

That's a bad reason to stick with a player, Cassel could be great one day right now he is not even good, but even if we think he will be great we need to pick up a good Qb in case he gets hurt or if he doesn't pan out right now we have Brodie who is okay when he stays healthy but unless he puts on 25 pounds of muscle I don't see him staying healthy.

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 05:23 PM

I agree completely, like I said he has not impressed me, does he suck no but I don't see him RIGHT NOW, as my future franchise QB.

drstandley31
11-24-2009, 07:14 PM
His biggest flaw is holding on too long.
Well, could it be that he has the worst recivers in the league, at least until Chambers came. Of course Chambers showed up and Bowe leaves for 4 weeks. No Tony G, little blocking and until recently no running game to depend on to take the pressure off, and an offensive scheme that's drawn up in the dirt every Friday afternoon that nobody has experience with. Oh, and no full-time OC. Hmmmm, wonder why a guy with so little experience might be hanging on to the ball so long and making some mistakes.
If this kid doesn't get killed first, he'll be a great QB! He's young, has no college experience and 1.5 years in the pros. He's tough as F'n nails and once we get some stability around him (in every area) he will produce.

yashi
11-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Well, could it be that he has the worst recivers in the league, at least until Chambers came. Of course Chambers showed up and Bowe leaves for 4 weeks. No Tony G, little blocking and until recently no running game to depend on to take the pressure off, and an offensive scheme that's drawn up in the dirt every Friday afternoon that nobody has experience with. Oh, and no full-time OC. Hmmmm, wonder why a guy with so little experience might be hanging on to the ball so long and making some mistakes.
If this kid doesn't get killed first, he'll be a great QB! He's young, has no college experience and 1.5 years in the pros. He's tough as F'n nails and once we get some stability around him (in every area) he will produce.

No because he did it with Randy Moss and Wes Welker on his team also.

drstandley31
11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
No because he did it with Randy Moss and Wes Welker on his team also.
Oh, when he won 10 games??????? when it was his first start since HIGH SCHOOL!!! Give the kid a break. did you ever play the game?

yashi
11-24-2009, 07:23 PM
That's a bad reason to stick with a player, Cassel could be great one day right now he is not even good, but even if we think he will be great we need to pick up a good Qb in case he gets hurt or if he doesn't pan out right now we have Brodie who is okay when he stays healthy but unless he puts on 25 pounds of muscle I don't see him staying healthy.

You think so? I'd be interested to hear of any team in NFL history being successful with 2 highly paid QBs on the roster. I have a hard time picturing a team investing that kind of money in one position and still finding a way to be talented at the other positions.

yashi
11-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh, when he won 10 games??????? when it was his first start since HIGH SCHOOL!!! Give the kid a break. did you ever play the game?

Jesus, chill out. You asked if his holding onto the ball too long could be a result of having bad receivers. Obviously not because he had the same issue with great receivers. You're picking a fight with the wrong person. I'm not even a Cassel hater.

IlovetheChiefs
11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Heh heh, this is funny every day still seeing these 2 threads come up next to each other ("impressed with Cassel", "not impressed with Cassel").

Canada
11-25-2009, 06:43 AM
...and they both keep saying the same thing.

IlovetheChiefs
11-25-2009, 12:45 PM
...and they both keep saying the same thing.

:lol: yes

SIC J
11-25-2009, 02:37 PM
Cassel made some awesome throws against the Steelers.