PDA

View Full Version : Are we in the midst of a dynasty?

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
We beat a really really good team sunday, and it got me thinking that Haley is doing things right. He is not taking the easy road, he is inserting his system on these guys, and it's paying off. I can honestly see us being very good next year like playoff good, even with Cassel as our qb. Are we going to be one of those teams like the steelers or pats or Indy that people are thinking we are going to go to the playoffs or possible the big one before the season even starts, what do you guys think?

josh1971
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
I think you hate Matt Cassel.

He must have run over your dog.

greg3564
11-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I think we'll do good, but not playoff good. Playoffs would be nice, but there's a lot of work to do on the O line and WR's. I think playoffs could happen in the 2011 season.

figcrostic
11-23-2009, 07:38 PM

If he starts killing it I will jump on that bandwagon and tell you all you were right. But if he sucks then I want you to admit that he sucks.

#58ChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 07:55 PM
We beat a really really good team sunday, and it got me thinking that Haley is doing things right. He is not taking the easy road, he is inserting his system on these guys, and it's paying off. I can honestly see us being very good next year like playoff good, even with Cassel as our qb. Are we going to be one of those teams like the steelers or pats or Indy that people are thinking we are going to go to the playoffs or possible the big one before the season even starts, what do you guys think?

Quick answer is yes.

I agree it will take a few years but now that Pioli is finding our new talent I hope he does as well as he has in the past.

Our problem is we have not been able to develop any young players and our roster resembles something of a fast food restaraunt in employee turnover.

The teams you mentioned all have players that have been in there systems for years. They are able to teach the younger players and when older players move on for whatever reason the system is still intact.

Patience will be the key as we watch our team develop.

Cassel has 25 starts now and is showing improvement. He had 15 starts with the Pats and then went to an entirely new system so all and all I am fine with where he is at now. The guy has a ton of heart and gives great effort every week.

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
11-23-2009, 08:05 PM

Wow that is correct!!! he hates cassel straight to the point!!:bananen_smilies046:

josh1971
11-23-2009, 08:14 PM
If he starts killing it I will jump on that bandwagon and tell you all you were right. But if he sucks then I want you to admit that he sucks.

I think, like any NFL player, that the guy has faults. He holds onto the ball too long, and behind our line, that's dangerous.

But he has lit things up when given the chance, and it has had some pretty exciting, encouraging results. It is beyond nice to know that we have a QB who can orchestrate a comeback drive even John Elway would have to be proud of- twice to send games to overtime, one more time to put a game in reach.

If he begins to make lots of stupid errors, or bad decisions independent of coverage, his line, etc., then yes, I'll be glad to admit he sucks. But fumbling because Branden Albert let a guy run almost untouched into his back is hardly Cassel's fault.

jb

matthewschiefs
11-23-2009, 08:43 PM
I think we'll do good, but not playoff good. Playoffs would be nice, but there's a lot of work to do on the O line and WR's. I think playoffs could happen in the 2011 season.

I could see playoff good for this team next year. we do get to play the NFC west. Thats most years best way to turn things around. I could see it happeing. I would be surprised but its possible. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
11-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I agree. Playoffs could happen for us in 2010. :)

Stumplifter
11-23-2009, 10:12 PM
DYNASTY?....... easy now. 8-)

I can at least guarantee you that we're not in the "midst" of a dynasty.... let's hope there's a chance that this is the embryonic stage of one!!!!

PawnshopMarimba
11-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Maybe I'm still caught in the afterglow of an amazing win, but I really agree with what Mitch Holthus was saying in the post game last night; that this game could be, in a few years from now, a reference point to indicate the exact moment in time that the Chiefs turned their franchise around.

Dynasty? It's very possible. If they stick to their system, and find some more young talent through the draft, they could definitely be laying the groundwork for an NFL dynasty.

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 11:34 PM

:lol:

Chiefster
11-23-2009, 11:35 PM

You've been overtaken by the body snatchers haven't you?

drstandley31
11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
I think you drink more than I do. Not saying there's anything wrong with that.

jtandcrew
11-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Maybe I'm still caught in the afterglow of an amazing win, but I really agree with what Mitch Holthus was saying in the post game last night; that this game could be, in a few years from now, a reference point to indicate the exact moment in time that the Chiefs turned their franchise around.

Dynasty? It's very possible. If they stick to their system, and find some more young talent through the draft, they could definitely be laying the groundwork for an NFL dynasty.

IN A FEW YEARS! Its not now or soon! Its in a few years! :bananen_smilies046:

captainamerica
11-24-2009, 01:13 AM
I
But fumbling because Branden Albert let a guy run almost untouched into his back is hardly Cassel's fault.
jb
I'm not hating on Cassel or taking sides here, but this isn't the account of the game I remember (I could be wrong, because I haven't went back and watched the game). I remember Cassel holding on to the ball for way too long in this situation and getting the sack and the fumble.

I blame Cassel for that not Brandon Albert and not our O-line. Our O-line has played poorly for awhile now, but I think a lot of the time they take unneccessary blame for things that are Cassel's fault and not theirs. That doesn't mean I think Cassel sucks, but Cassel does need to work on getting rid of the ball sooner. Hell throwing the ball away is better than taking a sack. People were glad to see Thigpen go, but in my opinion the only real difference between Cassel and Thigpen is that Cassel takes sacks and Thigpen would take off and run in those same situations and pickup yards. Other than that they're really pretty similar.

josh1971
11-24-2009, 01:18 AM
I'm not hating on Cassel or taking sides here, but this isn't the account of the game I remember (I could be wrong, because I haven't went back and watched the game). I remember Cassel holding on to the ball for way too long in this situation and getting the sack and the fumble.

I blame Cassel for that not Brandon Albert and not our O-line. Our O-line has played poorly for awhile now, but I think a lot of the time they take unneccessary blame for things that are Cassel's fault and not theirs. That doesn't mean I think Cassel sucks, but Cassel does need to work on getting rid of the ball sooner. Hell throwing the ball away is better than taking a sack. People were glad to see Thigpen go, but in my opinion the only real difference between Cassel and Thigpen is that Cassel takes sacks and Thigpen would take off and run in those same situations and pickup yards. Other than that they're really pretty similar.

I was just watching it, and it actually looks like a combo- the guy goes right around Albert almost immediately, but Cassel doesn't look like he knows what to do because the pocket collapses at the same time there is outside pressure.

Bad situation all around, but certainly not all Cassel's fault. He was trying to roll out when he was caught from behind by the guy that got around Albert.

Hayvern
11-24-2009, 04:10 AM

My Gawd man, come down to Earth, there is a long way to go before I would say dynasty. If we can beat San Diego/Denver and/or the Bengals this year, then we might have something.

Sunday we got some good plays against a very good team, but we were NOT the better of those two teams. I hope we can win this weekend, but it is going to be a tough game going into San Diego, and those weaknesses we had before this game? Well they are still there.

Canada
11-24-2009, 06:45 AM
My Gawd man, come down to Earth, there is a long way to go before I would say dynasty. If we can beat San Diego/Denver and/or the Bengals this year, then we might have something.

Sunday we got some good plays against a very good team, but we were NOT the better of those two teams. I hope we can win this weekend, but it is going to be a tough game going into San Diego, and those weaknesses we had before this game? Well they are still there.

Yes we were!! :bananen_smilies046:
Chiefs vs. Steelers (http://view.picapp.com/default.aspx?term=Chiefs&iid=7112784)
:D

bigpoppachief
11-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Piloi is a genius and given a full season to plot and I mean come on we are stocking up on picks. He is going top work some magic in the offseason and while we will stil have things needed I think he will make us contendors at least

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 11:26 AM

I don't think we are the best team in the world now or honestly even a good time I am just wondering if what Haley is doing is going to make us a future dynasty I honestly think we could have a chance to go to the playoffs next year, maybe lose our first game but go. Hell Herm got us there his first year.

Bike
11-24-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't think we are the best team in the world now or honestly even a good time I am just wondering if what Haley is doing is going to make us a future dynasty I honestly think we could have a chance to go to the playoffs next year, maybe lose our first game but go. Hell Herm got us there his first year.
You mean herm took Vermiels team there his first year. He then destroyed it. But I agree a dynasty is in the making...

pbatrucker
11-24-2009, 01:06 PM
You mean herm took Vermiels team there his first year. He then destroyed it. But I agree a dynasty is in the making...
REP!!!!:bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Yeah but what im saying is even his bad coaching couldn't get us out of the playoffs, plus didn't we lose Roaf that year?