PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the year

Crawdadr
11-24-2009, 12:21 PM
So I was comparing the scheduals for the rest of the year and noticed that the Chargers have a tough couple of games. Also the Broncos slide seems set to continue. If we capitilize on the Broncos and browns we could actually take 2nd in our devision!

Of course :drunkhb: this could be just me getting over exited. But the scheduals leave 2nd place in our hands. Meaning there are very few unwinnable games for us left.

honda522
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Yea, we have easy schedule after a hard start.

nigeriannightmare
11-24-2009, 01:29 PM
So I was comparing the scheduals for the rest of the year and noticed that the Chargers have a tough couple of games. Also the Broncos slide seems set to continue. If we capitilize on the Broncos and browns we could actually take 2nd in our devision!

Of course :drunkhb: this could be just me getting over exited. But the scheduals leave 2nd place in our hands. Meaning there are very few unwinnable games for us left.

Sports Illustrated picked us to finish second and the Broncos to finish 3rd in the AFC West. Thought that was interesting.

Ryfo18
11-24-2009, 01:31 PM
One game at a time....one game at a time....

pbatrucker
11-24-2009, 01:57 PM
As with most young teams, we could win the rest of our games, or we could lose them all. I know one thing if we keep it close into the fourth quarter, we'll have a chance.
:bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
11-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Sports Illustrated picked us to finish second and the Broncos to finish 3rd in the AFC West. Thought that was interesting.

I hope we win a couple more games and get the pick between the 7-10th so we can actually trade down, or pick someone up that isn't uber expensive.

IlovetheChiefs
11-24-2009, 08:53 PM
After 6 games: Denver 6-0, KC 1-5, Titans 0-6.

Now: Denver 6-4, KC 3-7, Titans 4-6

After game 16 both KC and Tennessee could be ahead of Denver. Yep, it ain't how you start, it's how you finish!

Chiefster
11-24-2009, 09:37 PM
If we come away with five or six wins then they will have overly exceeded my expectations; they have already won one more game then they won last year which leaves me with the impression that perhaps they are finally moving in the right direction. Is it possible that they win the next six games to end the season 9-7 with a possible playoff berth? Of course. Is it probable? Not so much. Right now I'm much more satisfied with their progress.

honda522
11-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Remember, we still need a good set of draft picks. We don't want Cassel to end up like Marc Bulger.

Chiefster
11-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Remember, we still need a good set of draft picks. We don't want Cassel to end up like Marc Bulger.

I don't think we have to worry about picking early in the draft.

honda522
11-24-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't think we have to worry about picking early in the draft.
I am saying I don't want a late pick.

SIC J
11-24-2009, 09:55 PM

Yeah cuz more rookies will get this team back on its feet......

honda522
11-24-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah cuz more rookies will get this team back on its feet......
Better than having a washed up vet.

matthewschiefs
11-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Better than having a washed up vet.
we need some rookies and some vets. Both would be a help for this team if they get the right people. Pioli has made some real good pickups so far. Hopefuly the draft can be just as good.

Chiefster
11-25-2009, 01:38 AM

Maybe I misunderstood, but that is what I was trying to say is that I don't think we have to worry about pinking late in the draft.

KCINNYC
11-25-2009, 02:04 AM
No one wants to say it, so I will say it...

What if? What if we beat San Diego? Will that be an even bigger win than Pittsburg? Can we imagine? Can we imagine what this team will be if we can pull out a win in San Diego? There will be national attention focused on the Chiefs. Remember when Haley said in training camp "No one cares about us, its clear as day" well, they would care about us then for sure.

What if we won the rest of our games? Ah, one can dream...win out and go to the playoffs...

josh1971
11-25-2009, 02:10 AM
A win in San Diego would be, as I said in another thread, HUGE. The morale would shoot through the roof, and it would likely generate some more confident play from the team.

I'd love to see that this coming weekend.

jb

Chiefster
11-25-2009, 02:19 AM
I think the fact that we were able to put two wins in a row together is huge. Not willing to say we've turned the corner yet, but it is the first step in changing the mind set of players and fans IMO, and hopefully the first step in "changing the culture in KC".

IlovetheChiefs
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM
A win in San Diego would be, as I said in another thread, HUGE. The morale would shoot through the roof, and it would likely generate some more confident play from the team.

I'd love to see that this coming weekend.

jb

Yeah I said the same thoughts in another thread too. But also added how I wish we didn't have to have such a hard game now. Be nicer if we had Cleveland and Buffalo coming in now and capped off a four game winning streak. If we win at SD that'll be so huge for us. But they might end up being too much for us this week.

But hey, gotta play all the games on the schedule anyway. Gotta be able to face anyone. And even if we did have lighter games now instead and went to 5-7, people would then say, "Well other than the Steelers, the Chiefs really haven't beaten anyone good." So the Charger game does gives us a shot for TWO back to back BIG victories!

(I just confess I'm worried about this game is all, heh).

GO CHIEFS!

Seek
11-25-2009, 12:56 PM
After the Washington game, everyone got positive and happy and the Charges handed us probably the most disappointing loss to us the following week. Can we just worry about this week first.

Ryfo18
11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah they need to worry about this week. The Chargers THROTTLED them the first game. I say focus on giving the Chargers a game, because unfortunately the Chargers are in a different league than the Chiefs right now.

matthewschiefs
11-25-2009, 01:33 PM
The Chargers are on a roll and that is scary. Most the time they get going very few teams can stop them. I am kind of scared of what the final will be but hey last week I had the same felling with Pit comeing to town and that did not turn out so bad. So maybe the Chiefs have anther shocker in them. GO CHIEFS!!!!!

OPLookn
11-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Win or lose I'll be curious to see the turn out for the next home game. Granted that the Steelers and Cowboys always have big turn outs for fans there have been many more opposing fans than normal for the past few chiefs home games. If we win the game I'd pretty much be shocked if the entire stadium wasn't packed. Lose the Dolts game and meh...won't even speculate on that one.