PDA

View Full Version : Chambers best WR we have

King_of_the_Cassel
11-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Love Bowe or hate him, Chambers has become the reason we won the last two games. This guys middle name is "CLUTCH". I hope that Bowe can watch Chambers and learn what a professional athlete is all about. Sign Chambers for next year now!

Thanks San Dog!!

josh1971
11-24-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree- he's the hot hands right now.

KottkeKU
11-24-2009, 09:23 PM
i think we found ourselves a Pollar esque pickup.... one team's trash is another team's gold as they say...

Chiefster
11-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I would love to see him back next year.

honda522
11-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I don't agree with you about he being the reason we have won 2 staright. It was a team effort, and Charles has put his 2 cents in a well as the defense.

Its amazing how many yards the defense have allowed, and yet them manage to keep up in the game.

Just watched the replay and the defense on the last drive in OT never gave up. They played with heart, and had the encouragement to give it their best.

matthewschiefs
11-24-2009, 10:02 PM
Chambers has been a real good pick up. I still like bowe a little better but thats just me.

reded
11-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Bowe just doesn't seem to have the speed to break away like Chambers, or maybe he just doesn't get himself into a position to be able to break away.

Chief Tyler
11-24-2009, 10:34 PM
I'd like to see what Bowe is able to do with a real threat across from him. Bowe's been subject to some pretty tight coverage all year long, and he might not have breakaway speed, but he's still a physical freak capable of making plays after the catch. I think Chambers is going to help Bowe more than he helps any other player on this team, I'm excited to see what they can do together when they have room to work.

On a sidenote, Haley started airing it out quite a bit more with the addition of Chambers. It's like a completely new offense, so comparing the two right now is a little premature I think.

DMN
11-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Bowe just doesn't seem to have the speed to break away like Chambers, or maybe he just doesn't get himself into a position to be able to break away.

I think you are right with the position aspect. Bowe is so physical that once he learns the routes, and more importantly one more year with cassel to get that chemistry he is going to be nasty... via chambers, the draft, or free agency you know Haley will be sure that a viable #2 will help bowe even more.

I forget jerry rice's 40 but I think it was something like a 4.62.... I mean linebackers run that. But his awareness and route running made him the greatest ever.

DMN
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
With Chambers play it is even more unfortunate the timing of this suspension.... :lamende:

honda522
11-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Bowe isn't a speed guy. But he does have a good catch and run....if he could keep a hold on the ball.

hometeam
11-24-2009, 11:14 PM
Chambers was definately the best move since the draft, I agree, we need to pick him up again next year.

Lazeye
11-25-2009, 01:11 AM
Why not for the next two years?

josh1971
11-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Yes, I think we could get two good years out of the guy, especially with Bowe drawing coverage on the other side as well. That also, with the two of them, frees up Pope, Wade, and others to get open.

And of course, allows Jamaal to swing out of the backfield and get some huge reception yards.

jb

Sn@keIze
11-25-2009, 04:05 AM
i think we found ourselves a Pollar esque pickup.... one team's trash is another team's gold as they say...I wouldnt go that far. Simply bcuz of the age aspect.

Chambers is actually a bid dude too. And pretty physical.

Not sure about speed, bcuz again, of his age. But one thing is for sure. He is a veteran that can teach a thing or two to Bowe.

I actually think this will be good for Bowe. To sit back and watch Chambers work from his TV.

figcrostic
11-25-2009, 07:49 AM
Love Bowe or hate him, Chambers has become the reason we won the last two games. This guys middle name is "CLUTCH". I hope that Bowe can watch Chambers and learn what a professional athlete is all about. Sign Chambers for next year now!

Thanks San Dog!!

That's a ballsy statement brosuf, Bowe is a well liked WR, but as of his last couple games, I can't say your wrong.

Fouts
11-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Chambers is a stud, it was tough to see him go, but we have so many weopons, we could afford it. Just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us!

josh1971
11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us!

I do.

matthewschiefs
11-25-2009, 07:57 PM
Chambers is a stud, it was tough to see him go, but we have so many weopons, we could afford it. Just hope he doesn't come back to haunt us!

I think we could afford him, I belive this team has a lot of cap room still. I would love to see him finish a chiefs. As long as he preforms like he has.

hometeam
11-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Why talk about him being finished so prematurely :P

hes at least 2 contracts out from retiring, I say we give him that first one.

Pro_Angler
11-26-2009, 11:08 AM
remember when Cassell said that Chambers came back to the huddle and told him about the coverage he was getting? he said he like that.. That means Bowe doesnt, Bowe is a star among half regects now with a true wr WITH SOME EXPERIENCE bOWES TRUE COLORS SHOW. HE HAS A LOT TO LEARN AND NEEDS A VETRAN TO LEARN FROM..

yashi
11-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Chris Chambers admitted that he's still upset about the way his Chargers' career ended and he will play this week's game with a chip on his shoulder.

Chambers said the writing was on the wall about Malcom Floyd taking over and he wished the Chargers had told him before the season. But the truth is the Chargers probably didn't think Chambers could still do what he's doing now. Chambers already has five catches of 20 yards or more in three games with the Chiefs.

Hope he has a huge game against his old team this week.

AussieChiefsFan
11-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Hope he has a huge game against his old team this week.
I think he will!

Chiefster
11-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I think D-Bowe and Chambers would make a great 1-2 punch so to speak!

josh1971
11-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Agreed- I think that would open things up to have a pair of wideouts that we could throw to, that could get open and draw coverage to take some pressure off the running game.

It would also lead to more good stuff like Pope's TD, I think.

jb

slimdagreat
11-30-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised SD didn't use him effectively. He was a beast in Miami, I'm just glad he's in KC now.

Hopefully they bring him back next year, the 2 of them (he and Bowe) could give Cassel the tools needed to be better

yashi
11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Chiefs receiver Chambers proves something to his former team - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1600681.html)

Chris Chambers told reporters after Sunday's loss that he would be interested in returning to the Chiefs next year.

Chambers, who will be 32 next season, is scheduled to hit free agency in late February. Since being claimed off waivers from San Diego, Chambers is averaging 80 yards per game and has scored three touchdowns in four games. However, the Chiefs are trying to build a young foundation. They're unlikely to offer him more than $2-3 million a year on a short-term contract.
Bringing back Chambers would most importantly mean that we would have 1 less hole to fill this offseason.

pbatrucker
11-30-2009, 09:59 AM
For a position that was probably the weakest on the team at the begining of the year, with the addition of Chambers, Wade and Long, this might be the stongest WR group the Chiefs have everr had.

kilobytes
11-30-2009, 05:08 PM
We will have to see if he can keep it up all year. Its a good pickup no matter what as I said initially. D Bowe has more potential but Chambers is better so far.

Ldub
11-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Chambers will only get more open when Bowe gets back too. If they want to get anyone rushing the QB one of them will be single covered. If they try to double them both Cassel will have alot more time to throw. Throw Wade in the mix and I say we are looking alright. Cant wait.

josh1971
11-30-2009, 06:12 PM
And with both D Bowe and Chambers on the field, Bradley, Wade, Pope, Ryan, and so on will get even *more* open.

Wheee!

jb

Connie Jo
12-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I would love to see him back next year.

Ditto! He's certainly been impressive so far!