PDA

View Full Version : Stretch plays.

honda522
11-28-2009, 12:59 AM
I noticed once LJ was gone we started running stretch plays. I like them, and then seem to work.

Combine it into a play action pass, and it seems to be an effective play against the opposing defenses. It also gives Cassel a bit more time, and almost acts as a boot leg, opens a recivier or two down field. It's working and working well, and hopefully we will continue to use it.

Vandelay
11-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Not suprising as LJ was slow as hell, defenses knew we couldn't get outside, so all they had to do was plug up the middle. With the speed of Charles, he can get outside, and it seems like the middle has opened up a little. If we can just get some linemen, our offense would really come to life.

yashi
11-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I just really like watching Charles run. I get a good feeling every time he has the ball, like every play has home run potential. I wasn't getting that feeling when LJ was getting the ball. I just think Haley needs to have a little more confidence in Charles still though. Too many runs out of the shotgun on 1st down. Just line up in the I and hand off or pitch to him.

Chiefster
11-28-2009, 12:35 PM
I like the direction the team is headed at this point.

matthewschiefs
11-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Not suprising as LJ was slow as hell, defenses knew we couldn't get outside, so all they had to do was plug up the middle. With the speed of Charles, he can get outside, and it seems like the middle has opened up a little. If we can just get some linemen, our offense would really come to life.

Ya the draw up the middle was the only play that was used for LJ. There were a couple of good tosses and sweeps to LJ that just shocked the D and had some sucess. but for the most part LJ just couldnt break one to the outside. Part his speed part the way the O line was. I think the O line has played better then it was lately still needs alot of improvement but Getting rid of LJ was a good choice.

AussieChiefsFan
11-28-2009, 06:20 PM

Hopefully we can pick up a good lineman in the draft next year.

Coach
11-28-2009, 09:22 PM
Hopefully we can pick up a good lineman in the draft next year.

There aren't many good OL players entering the draft next year unfortunately. Hopefully they will find something via free agency as well.

AussieChiefsFan
11-28-2009, 09:45 PM
There aren't many good OL players entering the draft next year unfortunately. Hopefully they will find something via free agency as well.
How do you know? the draft is 5 months away.

Coach
11-28-2009, 09:58 PM
How do you know? the draft is 5 months away.

I know everything....Just ask my wife.

Oklahomans vie for top O-line spot - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtaBpJuDUte9RuYZzi3VPQZDubYF?slug=pfw-20091127_oklahomans_vie_for_top_o_line_spot&prov=pfw&type=lgns)

Chiefster
11-28-2009, 10:41 PM
I know everything....Just ask my wife.

Oklahomans vie for top O-line spot - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AtaBpJuDUte9RuYZzi3VPQZDubYF?slug=pfw-20091127_oklahomans_vie_for_top_o_line_spot&prov=pfw&type=lgns)

You're lucky; I wish I could convince my wife that I, too, in fact know everything. :D

josh1971
11-29-2009, 12:37 AM
I think we'll try to pick up a power back as well. Jamaal is really proving himself to be a good, Emmitt Smith-type back, but we'll need a bruiser for short yardage situations, and I can totally see us drafting someone like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to watch us cobble together an O-line from free agency and the draft, and... *gasp* the guys we have.

jb

Hayvern
11-29-2009, 09:30 AM
You're lucky; I wish I could convince my wife that I, too, in fact know everything. :D

I wish I could convince my wife that I know something, anything!

Hayvern
11-29-2009, 09:31 AM
I think we'll try to pick up a power back as well. Jamaal is really proving himself to be a good, Emmitt Smith-type back, but we'll need a bruiser for short yardage situations, and I can totally see us drafting someone like that.

I wouldn't be surprised to watch us cobble together an O-line from free agency and the draft, and... *gasp* the guys we have.

jb

Oh I certainly expect us to not do anything of any real worth on the O-Line this off season. I expect us to pull an Al Davis and choose a wide receiver in the first round.

There, you heard it here first!

Ldub
11-29-2009, 09:42 AM

jb

We do still have Jackie Battle on the IR. Hes out for the season but should be good to go by next year. Hes not a future pro bowler by any stretch, but I like the guy and think he could help Charles carry the load fine. I hope we dont use anything before a 3rd rounder on a running back.

fairladyZ
11-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Anybody else watching LJ rip up the browns? right now he is 5 rushes for 47 yards

honda522
11-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Anybody else watching LJ rip up the browns? right now he is 5 rushes for 47 yards
Anyone can run the ball well if you have great blocking.

Lets have a look at Charles. No OL, more yards than LJ.

fairladyZ
11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
actually he didn't LJ still finished with more being the #2 back for the bengals on the day.

Charles did average more per carry because of his 30 yard run.

oop and here is the big one. Charles 1 fumble lost that killed a good drive.

honda522
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
actually he didn't LJ still finished with more being the #2 back for the bengals on the day.

Charles did average more per carry because of his 30 yard run.

oop and here is the big one. Charles 1 fumble lost that killed a good drive.
I actually ment all purpose yards...Still LJ sucks.

fairladyZ
11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
lol whatever floats your boat and helps you sleep better at night.

Ldub
11-29-2009, 07:28 PM

Lj didnt do sh*t the last 2 years with us. They can have him. nuff said.

josh1971
11-29-2009, 07:34 PM

It does- it really does help me sleep better at night. Just knowing we get a shot at him, too.

Ah....

Now I can sleep better.

I don't own a boat.

fairladyZ
11-29-2009, 09:44 PM
haha yeah well it will turn into a nightmare when we "get a shot at him".

and yea he hasn't done much for us in 2 years but he goes to a team with a good oline and in his first game with significant carries and as the #2 back he puts up impressive numbers and leads the team to a win where the rest of teh offense was inept and could nto do anything. LJ put the bengals on his back today.. I watched the whole game.

I wish he was still here doing it for us but we would not fix the glaring hole of an offensive line and we lost a very good back that everyone said was finished. which obviously he's not

Ldub
11-29-2009, 09:57 PM
haha yeah well it will turn into a nightmare when we "get a shot at him".

and yea he hasn't done much for us in 2 years but he goes to a team with a good oline and in his first game with significant carries and as the #2 back he puts up impressive numbers and leads the team to a win where the rest of teh offense was inept and could nto do anything. LJ put the bengals on his back today.. I watched the whole game.

I wish he was still here doing it for us but we would not fix the glaring hole of an offensive line and we lost a very good back that everyone said was finished. which obviously he's not

Im sorry, but a guy with a 43.2 million dollar contract needs to average more than 2.5 yards a carry. I agree the line sucks, but Charles is having some good games behind it. You throw in his off the field issues and the fact he was suspended all the time... no thanks. Hope the bengals enjoy the headache.

fairladyZ
11-29-2009, 10:14 PM
charles gets his yards a totally different way. Now just imagine a real good oline and LJ averaging 5 yrds per carry in between the tackles and charles averaging 6 on the edge. But the line never got fixed. oh well

Vandelay
11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
charles gets his yards a totally different way. Now just imagine a real good oline and LJ averaging 5 yrds per carry in between the tackles and charles averaging 6 on the edge. But the line never got fixed. oh well
LJ quit on the Chiefs.
Then he went and shot his mouth off like a little b!tch.
Thats why he's gone.
He is a cancer, and as soon as something dosen't go his way in cincy, he will quit on them too.

yashi
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM
100 yards against the Browns is meaningless.

fairladyZ
11-30-2009, 01:45 AM
so is 100 yards against the raiders but everyone here was hootin and hollerin for charles. And the browns D did pretty good against bernard scott and leonard... Both of which nobody else seems to think suck !

chief31
11-30-2009, 07:12 AM
so is 100 yards against the raiders but everyone here was hootin and hollerin for charles. And the browns D did pretty good against bernard scott and leonard... Both of which nobody else seems to think suck !

Bottom line is that he was worthless here.

I never thought that he was finished. I figured he would wind-up somewhere that had a good running game, and he would do good in it.

But that doesn't change the fact that he was worthless here.

In all liklihood, he will run all over our defense and make us look bad when we play them.

But he was worthless HERE.

Do I blame him for complaining at the end? Not the complaints about the team and coaching. No.

He has spent the past few years here as worthless. And that has everything to do with the front office's neglect of o-line talent, and poor coaching. And not all that much to do with Larry's own ability. He was misused for years, and had every right to be upset, and after so long, that will come out.

However, he was a stubborn player, who insisted, on many occaisions, that he get running plays called to the inside, and not the outside. And certainly not plays where he would be asked to block a big man.

So, while he may still do well with a team that is designed to fit his only talent, he was still...

worthless here.

yashi
11-30-2009, 08:01 AM

Um, is there a single person in the world who thinks Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard are good?

I didn't know giving up 87 yards to Scott and 4.8 per carry was doing pretty good. So LJ was slightly better than Bernard Scott with his 4.9... congratulations to him.

As soon as Benson is back LJ will be back to standing around on the sideline so it's all moot.

What he does in Cincinnati doesn't matter. He sucked here.

chief31
11-30-2009, 08:51 AM
Um, is there a single person in the world who thinks Bernard Scott and Brian Leonard are good?

I didn't know giving up 87 yards to Scott and 4.8 per carry was doing pretty good. So LJ was slightly better than Bernard Scott with his 4.9... congratulations to him.

As soon as Benson is back LJ will be back to standing around on the sideline so it's all moot.

What he does in Cincinnati doesn't matter. He sucked here.

Yeah...To give a little insight, The Browns are the 4th worst rushing defense in The NFL...

NFL Stats: by Team Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2009&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1)

But then, the Raiders are the 2nd worst. :lol:

However...

Charles, in the two games against matching opponents, (San Diego and Oakland) has done FAAAAR beter in both yards, and YPC than LJ did with the same team.

Stumplifter
11-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Bottom line is that he was worthless here.

I never thought that he was finished. I figured he would wind-up somewhere that had a good running game, and he would do good in it.

But that doesn't change the fact that he was worthless here.

In all liklihood, he will run all over our defense and make us look bad when we play them.

But he was worthless HERE.

Do I blame him for complaining at the end? Not the complaints about the team and coaching. No.

He has spent the past few years here as worthless. And that has everything to do with the front office's neglect of o-line talent, and poor coaching. And not all that much to do with Larry's own ability. He was misused for years, and had every right to be upset, and after so long, that will come out.

However, he was a stubborn player, who insisted, on many occaisions, that he get running plays called to the inside, and not the outside. And certainly not plays where he would be asked to block a big man.

So, while he may still do well with a team that is designed to fit his only talent, he was still...

worthless here.

Good post.

yashi
11-30-2009, 09:20 AM
Yeah...To give a little insight, The Browns are the 4th worst rushing defense in The NFL...

NFL Stats: by Team Category (http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2009&seasonType=REG&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&d-447263-o=2&conference=ALL&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1)

But then, the Raiders are the 2nd worst. :lol:

However...

Charles, in the two games against matching opponents, (San Diego and Oakland) has done FAAAAR beter in both yards, and YPC than LJ did with the same team.

Yep.

vs. SD
Charles - 14 carries, 93 yards (6.6 per)
LJ - 16 carries, 49 yards (3.1 per)

vs. OAK
Charles - 18 carries for 103 (5.7 per)
LJ - 24 carries for 78 yards (3.3 per)

There's really no question who the better running back is. Both of the LJ games were at home too.