PDA

View Full Version : Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 13

triondfootball
12-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Official NFL Power Rankings: Week 13 (http://sportales.com/football/official-nfl-power-rankings-week-13/)

HighBoltageMD
12-01-2009, 02:06 AM
Looks like a pretty fair assessment, not sure about GB being #5 though...I'd say more like #8. IMO http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/12/1.jpg

Chicago coaching staff

http://www.hooplife.ca/raptorshq/upload/articles/Clown-Car1.jpg

triondfootball
12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
a good part of this is that its weekly, and they looked awful goog this week. (albeit against detroit)

KristofLaw
12-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Maybe I'm a bone-head for thinking this, but I see Minnesota as the top team in the land right now. Undefeated or not... god I hate saying that. :(

Seek
12-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Maybe I'm a bone-head for thinking this, but I see Minnesota as the top team in the land right now. Undefeated or not... god I hate saying that. :(

Minnesota is beating bad team, right now with Seattle, Da Bears and Detroit. They are not destroying quality teams like the Pats.

KristofLaw
12-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Minnesota is beating bad team, right now with Seattle, Da Bears and Detroit. They are not destroying quality teams like the Pats.

Yes, I agree. But their pass defence, run defence, special team defence are all looking pretty good. Add that to their ground game, pass game, and special teams looking pretty successful and... well they've got to be a scary team to meet up with in the playoffs.

I hope they lay an egg, but that's just me.

yashi
12-04-2009, 01:39 PM
The Saints are scarier than the Vikings in my opinion. Their defense is unbelievably improved when DT Sedrick Ellis is playing (the DT taken after Dorsey in the draft). The passing game is as good as there is, and the sum of their parts in the running game is really good too with Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell, Reggie Bush (as a receiver).

Favre ran out of gas down the stretch last season, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again. Minnesota still has really good personnel even if he plays only average football though.

matthewschiefs
12-04-2009, 01:42 PM
The Saints are scarier than the Vikings in my opinion. Their defense is unbelievably improved when DT Sedrick Ellis is playing (the DT taken after Dorsey in the draft). The passing game is as good as there is, and the sum of their parts in the running game is really good too with Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell, Reggie Bush (as a receiver).

Favre ran out of gas down the stretch last season, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

I realy think that the Vikings are the team to beat. There D is far and above the saints. And With AP there Offense can go off just as much as the saints can on any given week. The Saints offense is more proven but the Vikings do have that abilty to put up points. The diffrance is Defense in the playoffs. When the Cards made there Run in the playoffs a year ago it was becuse there D got hot at the right time. Defense in the playoffs is what wins you championships and the Saints Defense is not proven enought.

Seek
12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Yes, I agree. But their pass defence, run defence, special team defence are all looking pretty good. Add that to their ground game, pass game, and special teams looking pretty successful and... well they've got to be a scary team to meet up with in the playoffs.

I hope they lay an egg, but that's just me.

They are a good team. I am not saying they are not, but New Orleans is beating up good team. Minnesota is beating up some bad teams, and getting scared from others.

I would like to see San Diego play Minnesota, because I think San Diego may be better right now.

I strongly believe New Orleans is.

CapitalT
12-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Brees vs. Rivers in the superbowl. I'd like to see that!

Canada
12-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Brees vs. Rivers in the superbowl. I'd like to see that!

I wouldn't, F**K the chargers

IlovetheChiefs
12-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Yeah besides Brees vs. Manning would be a pretty good match anyway.

I do think the Vikings are good enough to possibly take the Saints in the playoffs, but remember that New Orleans (at least as it stands now) would have the home field advantage. And that Saints crowd is loud. And will REALLY be loud if it's the championship game and can make the Super Bowl for the first time ever.

I also think the Cardinals, with Warner healthy, are dangerous enough to possibly upset the Vikings and Saints. But wouldn't predict it. Just wouldn't consider it out of the question. But Dallas, Philly, Giants, Green Bay, and Atlanta, I say forget it. They ain't gettin' by Minnesota or New Orleans.

Stumplifter
12-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Crazy thing about Minnesota and New Orleans this year is, both teams could 'win out' from here and (if the playoffs went their way) you could have a team that went 15-1 in the regular season NOT having home field advantage for the NFC championship game.