PDA

View Full Version : How many cookies? Tailgating this Sunday!

Connie Jo
12-01-2009, 03:30 PM
First...no Canada, hahahaha...no funny cookies, sorry! lol

I'm wondering though, how many cookies should I bake to bring to our Chiefs Crowd tailgating this Sunday at Arrowhead? How many of us will be there approximately...any idea?

I'm also bringing homemade fudge!!

WOW...this coming Sunday Derrick Thomas (RIP) will have come 'full circle', with the Chiefs Organization retiring his #58 jersey number in a half time ceremony. It's gonna be emotional for me, as I'm sure it will be most Chiefs fans from the DT era.

I'm excited to witness and be a part of the history taking place this Sunday at Arrowhead. I was in Canton to witness DT's induction in to the NFL HOF, sure wouldn't miss his #58 being retired either!

I hope we kick the Mountain Jacka**es butts, and they return home with their pony tails between their legs! :D

Connie Jo
12-01-2009, 05:46 PM
My Chiefs friend from Wisconsin called me a bit ago, and confirmed driving to Kansas City Saturday to be there early for the game this Sunday. YAY!

Does anyone know the tailgating plans...YZILLA, Canada? I need to know where to go in the parking lot, and to tell my friend where to meet me at too. Lot A like last time?

What time do they open the parking lot for tailgating?

Planning on arriving early. I'm leaving my house by 6:30 AM, will be driving to KC alone, so no delay's with picking someone up on my way like last time. Should be there by 9 AM at the latest...it's an hour & a half drive from home.

tornadospotter
12-01-2009, 08:29 PM
YouTube- Sesame Street: Cookie Monster Sings C is for Cookie

I will eat a dozen, but I not going to be there, so that's one dozen less needed.

yashi
12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Wish I could make it.

Connie Jo
12-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I wish everyone who wanted to be at Sunday's game could be there! I'm hoping it's a wonderful day all around in honorable memory of DT (RIP)...including a win for the Chiefs!!

In some way it's gonna be bittersweet, but I intend to cherish the moment his #58 is retired!

If I could send y'all virtual cookies I would, hahaha. :)

YZILLA
12-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Sorry Connie for not responding earlier ! I will be coming to KC on Saturday . looks like I will be bringing two of my kids As far as tailgating goes There will be 6 of us coming from South Dakota , Canada and two of his buddies .My youngest son has a best friend and his parents are bringing him. needless to say it will be me, my oldest boy and the two young ones sitting together . So anyone who reads this , I wont have any tickets for sale due to the fact this was the only way my wife would let me go! LoL !! Ill be there at 8:30 when the gates open and bring whatever kinda meat you wanna cook on the grill ! I will let ya know what parking lot ! Im guessing the same one but closer to B

Sn@keIze
12-03-2009, 04:09 AM
Im sure you will find plenty of people to eat cookies there.

I dont know what donkies eat but u may want to put some grass or hay or somethin in their cookies for them fans.

We want to be hospitibal.

IlovetheChiefs
12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I dont know what donkies eat but u may want to put some grass or hay or somethin in their cookies for them fans.

We want to be hospitibal.

:lol:

And then the next Sunday when the Bills come can give them Buffalo chips to be hospitable!

Canada
12-03-2009, 10:32 AM
:lol:

And then the next Sunday when the Bills come can give them Buffalo chips to be hospitable!

...or we could just give them a punch in the mouth...sutpid b-lls

yashi
12-03-2009, 02:19 PM
The Toronto Bills. They're playing their home game tonight in Canada! LOL

Canada
12-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I checked out tickets for that game and 3 of them were $873.
T.O. in T.O. I cant wait until we pound that douche bag!!

hardcorechiefsfan
12-03-2009, 03:45 PM
First...no Canada, hahahaha...no funny cookies, sorry! lol

I'm wondering though, how many cookies should I bake to bring to our Chiefs Crowd tailgating this Sunday at Arrowhead? How many of us will be there approximately...any idea?

I'm also bringing homemade fudge!!

WOW...this coming Sunday Derrick Thomas (RIP) will have come 'full circle', with the Chiefs Organization retiring his #58 jersey number in a half time ceremony. It's gonna be emotional for me, as I'm sure it will be most Chiefs fans from the DT era.

I'm excited to witness and be a part of the history taking place this Sunday at Arrowhead. I was in Canton to witness DT's induction in to the NFL HOF, sure wouldn't miss his #58 being retired either!

I hope we kick the Mountain Jacka**es butts, and they return home with their pony tails between their legs! :D
I thought DT's number was already retired.

Connie Jo
12-04-2009, 11:04 AM
I thought DT's number was already retired.

It is more or less, but they're having a half time ceremony at the game Sunday to officially retire his number #58, and present the Thomas family with DT's NFL HOF ring, etc.

This is from kcchiefs.com

THE MATCH-UP
Sunday’s game will mark the 99th renewal of the Chiefs-Broncos rivalry that dates back to the American Football League’s inaugural season of ‘60. Over the years, the Kansas City-Denver series has featured Hall of Fame performers, thrilling finishes and even vertically-striped socks.

One of the most storied performers in Kansas City history will be honored at halftime as LB Derrick Thomas will officially have his number 58 retired. A member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2009, Thomas registered a franchise-record 126.5 career sacks and also holds Chiefs records for career safeties (3), forced fumbles (45) and fumble recoveries (19).

Representatives from the Hall of Fame will also make a special presentation to Thomas’ family at halftime. In addition to Thomas’ on-field legacy, his “Third and Long Foundation” is celebrating its 20th anniversary in 2009, with his longtime friend and teammate, DE Neil Smith, serving as the driving force of the organization. Students from the Derrick Thomas Academy, a tuition-free public charter school, will also be attending Sunday’s contest.

Connie Jo
12-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Sorry Connie for not responding earlier ! I will be coming to KC on Saturday . looks like I will be bringing two of my kids As far as tailgating goes There will be 6 of us coming from South Dakota , Canada and two of his buddies .My youngest son has a best friend and his parents are bringing him. needless to say it will be me, my oldest boy and the two young ones sitting together . So anyone who reads this , I wont have any tickets for sale due to the fact this was the only way my wife would let me go! LoL !! Ill be there at 8:30 when the gates open and bring whatever kinda meat you wanna cook on the grill ! I will let ya know what parking lot ! Im guessing the same one but closer to B

I'm looking forward to seeing you again YZILLA!!YEEHAW!

I'll find out what my friend from Wisconsin wants, likely Bratz, and bring whatever we need along, some extra stuff too, just in case. Happy you'll be bringing the grill though, cause I don't have a lightweight one I can haul to Arrowhead.

If gates open at 8:30, then I'm gonna try to be there by then too. As I said, an hour & a half drive from home for me...so I'll try to leave as early as I can.
:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Im gonna walk across the street and party as soon as I wake up!!