PDA

View Full Version : Please let me eat crow this year!

carlfromcali
08-31-2007, 05:39 PM
Hear this Chiefs, I'm dying to feel guilty for all the bad things I've said and thought about you this off season. I'll gladly eat up some boundtyful servings of crow for some significant signs of life on the field. I'm chomp'n at the bit to feel that overwhelming guilt of being completely and utterly wrong with my critisizims.
Please prove that I'm an Idiot for ever douting you
Signed California Dreaming

rbedgood
08-31-2007, 06:35 PM
Carl,

When the time comes you may need the following recipe

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
1 Tbsp lard/shortening
1 pint stock or gravy
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 cup mushrooms
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short
time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to
brown them.

Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt,
pepper and cayenne to taste.

Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes
more and then stir in cream.

Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

Sick Dog
08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Well if you said all the same things last year and the Chiefs ended up making the playoffs you will hopefully be eating rbedgood recipe. Again I will say this; on paper this team is better than last year!:beer:

Coach
09-01-2007, 01:44 AM
on paper this team is better than last year!:beer:

The D is better. The offense could be better, but the Qb is the question mark. We'll see how Huard performs.

m0ef0e
09-01-2007, 01:34 PM
The D is better. The offense could be better, but the Qb is the question mark. We'll see how Huard performs.

Peyton Manning eat-your-heart-out?? I hope.

sling58
09-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Peyton Manning eat-your-heart-out?? I HOPE!!.

Fixed your post. It's a big HOPE!

carlfromcali
09-01-2007, 01:58 PM
Last year there were a few more signs of life. This year, we're the walking dead out there.
So, if I may be SO bold, If we make the playoffs I'll gladly come to Arrowhead and eat that bird of choice prepare by the Chiefs fans that maintained their optimizm. Let it be written and so it will be done.(a qoute from Ben Her)

Chiefster
09-01-2007, 09:31 PM
I would love nothing more then to heartily dine on crow this season.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-02-2007, 12:01 AM
Carl,

When the time comes you may need the following recipe

Crow and Mushroom Stew

3 crows
1 Tbsp lard/shortening
1 pint stock or gravy
2 Tbsp cream
1/2 cup mushrooms
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper

Clean and cut crows into small portions and let them cook a short
time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to
brown them.

Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt,
pepper and cayenne to taste.

Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes
more and then stir in cream.

Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.

:funnypost: Yum! Yum! Would you have red or white wine with this meal?

Canada
09-02-2007, 12:55 AM

Beer!! :toast2:

rbedgood
09-02-2007, 02:26 AM

You could go with Canada's default response...however I'd lean towards a nice red...the touch of spice in the stew should complement the strenth of a Red Zinfandel nicely. The crow does have a strong flavor that would overpower the gentler touch of a chardonnay or Pinot Noir.

j/k...what the heck...you think just because I like the 49ers and grew up in Northern California I know anything about wine...(actually I know a little, but I don't even know if Crow would be a white or dark meat)

OTR Chiefs fan
09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
You could go with Canada's default response...however I'd lean towards a nice red...the touch of spice in the stew should complement the strenth of a Red Zinfandel nicely. The crow does have a strong flavor that would overpower the gentler touch of a chardonnay or Pinot Noir.

j/k...what the heck...you think just because I like the 49ers and grew up in Northern California I know anything about wine...(actually I know a little, but I don't even know if Crow would be a white or dark meat)

Hey, I should have you cater my next dinner party! :D:lol:

carlfromcali
09-03-2007, 07:17 PM
So, I'll not be dinning alone!
Let's start a wishful list of crow eaters for their first playoff game in Jan.

#1 Carlfromcali

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 07:29 PM
So, I'll not be dinning alone!
Let's start a wishful list of crow eaters for their first playoff game in Jan.

#1 Carlfromcali

I'm in.:D

Canada
09-03-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm gonna eat chili and drink beer while I watch the Chiefs kick ***!!!!!!!! 17 more days until my plane lands in KC!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm gonna eat chili and drink beer while I watch the Chiefs kick ***!!!!!!!! 17 more days until my plane lands in KC!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!! :yahoo:

Yer optimism is contagious.

spiman
09-03-2007, 11:40 PM
That crow recipe stinks. It will take a case of beer & a hand full of tums to keep that meal down.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 05:28 AM
That crow recipe stinks. It will take a case of beer & a hand full of tums to keep that meal down.

I'm game! :D

Canada
09-04-2007, 04:06 PM

I'm game too!! :bananen_smilies046:

carlfromcali
09-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Is that bad? Spiman

Add spicey V-8 to the beer to make it red!

Canada
09-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Is that bad? Spiman

...and taste bad!! :toast2:

carlfromcali
09-05-2007, 01:30 PM
Red beer and crow, a delectable compination. Winning a playoff game, priceless.

carlfromcali
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
With all these crow eaters we might be short of crow servers at that platoff game against Jac at Arrowhead.

Crow servers stand and be recognized.

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
With all these crow eaters we might be short of crow servers at that platoff game against Jac at Arrowhead.

Crow servers stand and be recognized.
Afraid I wont be able to serve, hopefully Ill have an appetite

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Afraid I wont be able to serve, hopefully Ill have an appetite

I too hope to have an appetite!

carlfromcali
09-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Let's see if my pictures are on my profile now

Chiefster Say hello to the twitchells for me

carlfromcali
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh ya! Even I look good with that eye candy. I'm the one smiling

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh ya! Even I look good with that eye candy. I'm the one smiling

That is just wrong dude! :p
j/k

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Always a big fan of eye candy:yahoo:

Chiefster
09-06-2007, 10:44 PM
Always a big fan of eye candy:yahoo:

...Never heard of her; I hear tell of a Candi Sugar-lips though. :D

sling58
09-07-2007, 08:08 AM
Is that bad? Spiman

If you want to eat healthy that's fine but don't mess with the beer!!! The nerve of some people!!!!

:lol: :lol:

Canada
09-07-2007, 10:34 AM
add the blood of the man who steals my beer to it to make it red!!

sling58
09-07-2007, 10:35 AM
add the blood of the man who steals my beer to it to make it red!!

Or the blood of all the other Pukes that don't play for the CHIEFS!!!!!

carlfromcali
09-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Beer is like revenge, its a dish best served cold!

So it is written!

carlfromcali
09-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Hoooo Can bring some Eye Candy to do the serving of all that crow we will be eating?:11:

carlfromcali
09-07-2007, 07:03 PM
:yahoo:

My drinking buddies in Cali!

m0ef0e
09-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I just wanted to bring this thread back and say that a foot-and-crow sandwich is rather bitter. I did call the loss to the Bears (though I knew we would have a chance to win) but I was waaay off on my prediction for the game against Houston. I'm picking the Chiefs again this week. Hopefully, they put something on my plate I can actually enjoy.

swmochiefsfan
09-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I didnt really think we would beat Chicago but that game was alot closer than I had thought. It was winable, to many mistakes and penalties (Hermmie) and not being able to capatalize on key plays was our downfall, and even after all that we still had a chance. I cant figure these guys out, it just seems like they don't want it bad enough. Maybe its a morale issue? Brody looked good I thought but it was only one drive, I would have liked to see a little more.

The play calling, well that's a horse of a different color. It's 3 and 2 in the redzone and you throw to the endzone for an interception, you got a hoss in the backfield use him.

Basically you take away a few stupid penalties and some dumbass plays and we walk out of there with a W.The commentaters said something interesting to me, that Hermmie's teams statistically have fewer penalaties than any other team, so that makes me wonder if the guys are just not happy in the current situation.

I'm sure you guys have already talked about this game to the point of exhaustion and I apologize but today is the first day back for me, its been pretty hectic.

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 05:49 PM
If you want to eat healthy that's fine but don't mess with the beer!!! The nerve of some people!!!!

:lol: :lol:

No fruiting of the beer; Manlaw!

Chiefster
09-22-2007, 05:51 PM
I didnt really think we would beat Chicago but that game was alot closer than I had thought. It was winable, to many mistakes and penalties (Hermmie) and not being able to capatalize on key plays was our downfall, and even after all that we still had a chance. I cant figure these guys out, it just seems like they don't want it bad enough...

...Reflection of coaching.

carlfromcali
09-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Well don't put the bird in the pot yet, I think we will need to soak it awhile in salt water. We woudn't want our crow to be gamey, or would we? But a
:toast2: might be nice before the meal.