PDA

View Full Version : How long will it take to realize Todd Haley is your problem?

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
As a Broncos fan I take comfort in knowing that Todd Haley will be K.C.'s coach for the foreseeable future.

And in saying that, may you look forward to many plays like the fake punt inside a division rivals territory to break a winnable game wide open.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Its not all Haley. I Am hopeful for Haley in the longterm. He took over a bad team. Its going to take time to get this team turned around. Herm and Carl gutted this team. They are both gone now and that is a very good thing. Has Haley made mistakes YES. I dont think that fake punt was a terrible call. Did it work no but thats why they call it a gamble. Haley has more wins then a "proven coach" did a year ago with his players. You can not overlook that. This year its bad yes but I think the Chiefs are going to be good in a couple of years and partly thanks to haley but i guess that something that we will just have to wait and see on.

figcrostic
12-06-2009, 05:01 PM
As a Broncos fan I take comfort in knowing that Todd Haley will be K.C.'s coach for the foreseeable future.

And in saying that, may you look forward to many plays like the fake punt inside a division rivals territory to break a winnable game wide open.

As of now I don't see it that way, I think he has done good with what he has.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I dont think that fake punt was a terrible call.

That's so ridiculous it's funny.

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Kid Azteca, Get Off Our Board And Go To Your Donkeys Board. Your Team Simply Has More Talent Right Now And That Was The Difference.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
As of now I don't see it that way, I think he has done good with what he has.

And theirIn lies the problem. Chief fan has been beaten down so badly lately that bad coaching seems acceptable.

I find it difficult to believe that a Denver Bronco fan has higher standards for a K.C. team than some "supposed" fans do.

kilobytes
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Now I don't like this Donkey fan at all that really was a terrible call. If you convert people will think differently but overall you shouldn't do that period. You never go for it that deep on your side of the field especially if you are actually only 1 possession away from tying it. Plus we have an awesome punter who could pin them deep.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Kid Azteca, Get Off Our Board And Go To Your Donkeys Board. Your Team Simply Has More Talent Right Now And That Was The Difference.

Deal with it. And please, quit crying. Talk football for a change.

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
That really was a terrible call. If you convert people will think differently but overall you shouldn't do that period. You never go for it that deep on your side of the field especially if you are actually only 1 possession away from tying it. Plus we have an awesome punter who could pin them deep.

Well said , shouldve punted it there...however, this year is a bust. If this game really meant more this year Haley punts there.

drstandley31
12-06-2009, 05:14 PM

Does your Mom know you're on her PC again?

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Kid Azteca, I Hope You Are Hungry Because You Will Get Your Humble Pie Soon When Your Donkeys Play A Better Team. The Chargers Will Destroy The Donks.

figcrostic
12-06-2009, 05:27 PM
And theirIn lies the problem. Chief fan has been beaten down so badly lately that bad coaching seems acceptable.

I find it difficult to believe that a Denver Bronco fan has higher standards for a K.C. team than some "supposed" fans do.

Haley can't play the game for the team, he has bad players, a lot of the plays he called worked, the execution just stank, the qb either underthrew it or the WR did not capatilize.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Kid Azteca, I Hope You Are Hungry Because You Will Get Your Humble Pie Soon When Your Donkeys Play A Better Team. The Chargers Will Destroy The Donks.

We've played one of the league's toughest schedules this year and already have eaten our share of "humble pie". But we've also beaten more teams with a winning record than anyone else in the league as well.

My question to K.C. fan is this though-why are you begging San Diego to beat us(we're 1-1 with them or did you forget) when you have another shot at us in Denver?

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
We've played one of the league's toughest schedules this year and already have eaten our share of "humble pie". But we've also beaten more teams with a winning record than anyone else in the league as well.

My question to K.C. fan is this though-why are you begging San Diego to beat us(we're 1-1 with them or did you forget) when you have another shot at us in Denver?

I guess I forgot we have another shot against you. Donkeys suck, and who have you beat?

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 05:33 PM
figcrostic
King Karls helper
Favorite Chiefs Player: TG
Chiefs Fan for 9 years

I realize you havn't been a football fan for that long so I'll forgive you for not knowing what a true Kansas City Chief fan used to be like.

honda522
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Dude, don't come here promoting the donks. As far as I am concerned this is spam.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I guess I forgot we have another shot against you. Donkeys suck, and who have you beat?

Oh nobody really-unless you consider the division leading Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, San Diego Chargers, and Cincy Bengals decent teams.

honda522
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Dude, don't go talking $h!t. We just got beat, and it makes you look like a dumbass.

kilobytes
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
He is just a Troll. Ignore it and it may go away.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 06:01 PM
That's so ridiculous it's funny.

realy how about you get off a board you have no bussness being on. That play would have work if ANYONE would have decided to block. The Chiefs Had a guy get WIDE OPEN. No one blocked thats what killed the play. Thats not a bad play call it work becuse again a guy was WIDE OPEN. The players messed that one up.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
realy how about you get off a board you have no bussness being on. That play would have work if ANYONE would have decided to block. The Chiefs Had a guy get WIDE OPEN. No one blocked thats what killed the play. Thats not a bad play call it work becuse again a guy was WIDE OPEN. The players messed that one up.

Don't cry because I make a valid point that none of you have an answer for. And don't give me that tired old excuse "the play would've worked if only the players would have blocked" crap. The fact is-you NEVER call a fake punt in that situation. Period.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Don't cry because I make a valid point that none of you have an answer for. And don't give me that tired old excuse "the play would've worked if only the players would have blocked" crap. The fact is-you NEVER call a fake punt in that situation. Period.

I am not crying What i am saying If you had any sense at all is that was not a terrible play call by the head coach. The job of a head coach is to put his team in position to succeed. thats the job of a head coach. That play he put them in a position to succeed bottom line. That play was well drawn up. It SHOULD HAVE WORKED. thats what i am saying why call the play let me explain that to you as well. It was a head coach trying to A. give his Struggling D a break. B. trying to light a fire in his offense to get back into that game. If it works Todd Haley is a genius but it didn't. But I truly dont think it was a bad play call.

honda522
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I am not crying What i am saying If you had any sense at all is that was not a terrible play call by the head coach. The job of a head coach is to put his team in position to succeed. thats the job of a head coach. That play he put them in a position to succeed bottom line. That play was well drawn up. It SHOULD HAVE WORKED. thats what i am saying why call the play let me explain that to you as well. It was a head coach trying to A. give his Struggling D a break. B. trying to light a fire in his offense to get back into that game. If it works Todd Haley is a genius but it didn't. But I truly dont think it was a bad play call.
Matt, just let it to go...he is going to keep firing back and thats what he wants...i just start giving him negitve rep.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Matt, just let it to go...he is going to keep firing back and thats what he wants...i just start giving him negative rep.

:lol: i am just trying to make some fun out of this bad day for the chiefs. I have already given negative rep that was fun :drunkhb:

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
:lol: i am just trying to make some fun out of this bad day for the chiefs. I have already given negative rep that was fun :drunkhb:

Typical new era Chiefs fan-when the going gets tough, quit.

Or if someone can make a better football point than you-don't debate just give negative rep. Classic.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 06:39 PM
The job of a head coach is to put his team in position to succeed. thats the job of a head coach. That play he put them in a position to succeed bottom line.

No it didn't. In fact it did the exact opposite. Ask any real K.C. fan.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 07:00 PM
Typical new era Chiefs fan-when the going gets tough, quit.

Or if someone can make a better football point than you-don't debate just give negative rep. Classic.

No it didn't. In fact it did the exact opposite. Ask any real K.C. fan.

OK one last response

first off thanks for the entertainment. Instead of enjoying your teams win with a little hint of class you had to come on and make an :sign0053: of yourself. But i enjoy having fun with your kind.

Now you were not looking for a debate. I enjoy a good debate i think i hold my own in most. But any one who is truly debating does not throw in little jabs at the one there debating. Like any true kc fan or simply new era kc fan. I have been a chiefs fan since i was 10 years old. I did add negative rep when you deserved it in my opinion. You have the same right.

as for the punt play when the play the coach call leads to a guy getting WIDE open IMO that does mean the Head coach put them in position to succeed you may disagree thats fine. But again why don't you show a little hint of some class and enjoy your win.
YOU HAVE A NICE DAY ITS BEEN FUN GO CHIEFS!!!!!

Hayvern
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey guys, let's all face it, Haley did not have this team ready to play again. We of course do not want to hear that from the outside, but when you get right down to it, we really were horrible.

How long are we going to keep saying the players did not execute? This team never shows up at the same time. Sometimes, the defense shows up, today was not that day, sometimes the offense shows up, about half did today.

Once again I am here asking myself, "Am I seeing any improvement in this team?" And again I have to answer that with a resounding "no".

Improvement is when you see consistently good play out of everyone. Aside from a couple of outstanding individual performances, this team has never had anything remotely resembling back-to-back oustanding team performances.

Nope, this Chief's fan is simply not impressed with this team. What can we hang out hat on for awesome play this year. Name one player who has had such an awesome year that we could never replace them?

There is not one. I expect to see a lot of new faces in the coming years and it is possible that few of the starters we have now will be starters three years from now.

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 07:43 PM
This kid is funny...i don't think it's haley at all..in fact i like the fire he brings to the table...he doesn't take mistakes lightly and he inherited herm edwards team..give it time...and an example of him getting fired up was him going after bobby wade..i love it

#58ChiefsFan
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
The problem with our team is inexperience.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 08:02 PM
The problem with our team is inexperience.

That is very true. Hopefuly that will be changeing soon. with some good signings in the offseason.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 08:08 PM
...as for the punt play when the play the coach call leads to a guy getting WIDE open IMO that does mean the Head coach put them in position to succeed...

Really, so in essence-you're saying that a fake punt inside your own territory at the beginning of the 2nd half during a one possession game is totally justifiable because Haley "expected" it to work?

You're a retard.

Hayvern
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
This kid is funny...i don't think it's haley at all..in fact i like the fire he brings to the table...he doesn't take mistakes lightly and he inherited herm edwards team..give it time...and an example of him getting fired up was him going after bobby wade..i love it

You get fired up when you have given your players the tools to be successful. To me it is clear Haley has not given this team what they need to win. You have to be a COACH, that means you help them figure out how to catch the ball, protect the ball, and move the ball.

You simply cannot just yell at them and expect them to play better. Expecially with this team, these guys need mentoring and they are not getting it.

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
This kid is funny...i don't think it's haley at all..in fact i like the fire he brings to the table...he doesn't take mistakes lightly and he inherited herm edwards team...

Lol. What mistakes, like his own? Because I didn't see Herm call a fake punt?

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Really, so in essence-you're saying that a fake punt inside your own territory at the beginning of the 2nd half during a one possession game is totally justifiable because Haley "expected" it to work?

You're a retard.

I have been told that before. :lol:

Kid Azteca
12-06-2009, 08:16 PM
I'm sure you have.

lucky_lefty
12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Its not all Haley. I Am hopeful for Haley in the longterm. He took over a bad team. Its going to take time to get this team turned around. Herm and Carl gutted this team. They are both gone now and that is a very good thing. Has Haley made mistakes YES. I dont think that fake punt was a terrible call. Did it work no but thats why they call it a gamble. Haley has more wins then a "proven coach" did a year ago with his players. You can not overlook that. This year its bad yes but I think the Chiefs are going to be good in a couple of years and partly thanks to haley but i guess that something that we will just have to wait and see on.
My thing with the bolded matthew is that Pioli and Haley had the offseason (OTAs, mini camps, preseason) to right the wrongs but Carl & Herms guys can't be all too bad because the ones that they selected that are still here are the only ones on this squad that's producing (Charles, Hali, Flowers, DJ, etc) while the ones, Haley's guys (specifically Cassel, Brown,, McGraw) aren't

chief31
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
While I would love to be the one to intervene with alot of logic and statistics to make a Broncos fan look stupid......

All logic and statistics are on his side.

Haley has made a whole lot of questionable decisions since becoming the HC here. Questionable? I would call most of them horrible.

And he is absolutely dead-on about that fake punt.

Not that a fake punt is a bad idea. Just that the situation where he tried it is about as bad a situation as you could possibly choose to do that.

No matter how 'well drawn up' the play might have been, you know there is a certain possibilty that it might fail. Players may make a bad throw, a bad snap, a missed block, a dropped pass, or a number of other things.

And since a fake punt only happens on fourth down, that makes it much higher risk.

But so deep in your own territory makes it flat out stupid.

And even that may be overlooked if you are trailing late, and desperate for momentum.

But this was at the start of the second half, with a score of 14-6.

Now...

This isn't something that I am gonna hold against him, long-term, if he does find a way to make The Chiefs into a football team. It was only one game, and we were obviously out-classed in the game. (At least from that play on.)

But I am sure not gonna pretend like that was anything short of a horrible decision.

And for the thread title...

It took me about five to ten seconds to figure out that I didn't trust our new HC anymore than I did the last one.

I mean, who in their right mind tries to emulate The Arizona Cardinals? An eternal cellar-dwellar that made it to 9-7 last season? That is what we want to be like?

Because this is my team, I have no choice but to hope that he will become a great HC. But I most certainly do not believe that he will.

I believe that he was given a "free pass" for this season.

I believe that he will lobby for another free pass next season, with "gonna take awhile" comments.

I believe that he will make us a 6-10ish team for as long as he is here.

And worst of all, I believe that he will be allowed at least two more seasons for his "rebuilding project".

Alot of people here tell me that I just refuse to see the positives with this team.

But I do see the bright spots. It's just a matter of them being so few, as opposed to the huge darkness that this team has been for so long. (9-35 since the start of the '07 season)

BTW...

Jared Allen as favorite current Chiefs player? Yep.

A.) He is still a Chief in my eyes, dammit!!!

B.) Someone needs to step up and fill that position for me. Maybe if we can draft or sign an OT this offseason, I will get to change that. (Only Charles and Flowers are close to taking that spot.)

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Lol. What mistakes, like his own? Because I didn't see Herm call a fake punt?

you right he would have ran the ball 3 straight times and punted at least they tried something

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 08:54 PM
Kid azteca why are you on are boards anywhere...did the donkies forum kick you out for being arrogant? and the mistake i was talking about is bobby wade dropped a pass that shoudl have been caught dude...did u even watch the game

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
You get fired up when you have given your players the tools to be successful. To me it is clear Haley has not given this team what they need to win. You have to be a COACH, that means you help them figure out how to catch the ball, protect the ball, and move the ball.

You simply cannot just yell at them and expect them to play better. Expecially with this team, these guys need mentoring and they are not getting it.

Yeah but there was no excuse for that drop

chief31
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM

Yeah but there was no excuse for that drop

The "excuse" is that he is a haman being. And he is not Jerry Rice.

In fact, I remember, on a couple of times, where even Jerry Rice dropped easy passes for first downs.

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I know he is a human being but he's getting paid to catch passes not drop them...that's the point i'm making..i hope he gets cut.

chief31
12-06-2009, 09:17 PM
I know he is a human being but he's getting paid to catch passes not drop them...that's the point i'm making..i hope he gets cut.

Me too.

Hell cut all them linemen too. We'll just delve deeper into the "off the street" philosophy. :D

Sometimes, the pressure of having a coach who will act like a pr**k if you make a mistake can make a guy more nervous, and error-prone.

Not everyone responds in a positive way to public humiliation.

As player after player "explodes" on Haley, he will eventually have to figure that out.

kilobytes
12-06-2009, 11:26 PM
While I would love to be the one to intervene with alot of logic and statistics to make a Broncos fan look stupid......

All logic and statistics are on his side.

Haley has made a whole lot of questionable decisions since becoming the HC here. Questionable? I would call most of them horrible.

And he is absolutely dead-on about that fake punt.

Not that a fake punt is a bad idea. Just that the situation where he tried it is about as bad a situation as you could possibly choose to do that.

No matter how 'well drawn up' the play might have been, you know there is a certain possibilty that it might fail. Players may make a bad throw, a bad snap, a missed block, a dropped pass, or a number of other things.

And since a fake punt only happens on fourth down, that makes it much higher risk.

But so deep in your own territory makes it flat out stupid.

And even that may be overlooked if you are trailing late, and desperate for momentum.

But this was at the start of the second half, with a score of 14-6.

Now...

This isn't something that I am gonna hold against him, long-term, if he does find a way to make The Chiefs into a football team. It was only one game, and we were obviously out-classed in the game. (At least from that play on.)

But I am sure not gonna pretend like that was anything short of a horrible decision.

And for the thread title...

It took me about five to ten seconds to figure out that I didn't trust our new HC anymore than I did the last one.

I mean, who in their right mind tries to emulate The Arizona Cardinals? An eternal cellar-dwellar that made it to 9-7 last season? That is what we want to be like?

Because this is my team, I have no choice but to hope that he will become a great HC. But I most certainly do not believe that he will.

I believe that he was given a "free pass" for this season.

I believe that he will lobby for another free pass next season, with "gonna take awhile" comments.

I believe that he will make us a 6-10ish team for as long as he is here.

And worst of all, I believe that he will be allowed at least two more seasons for his "rebuilding project".

Alot of people here tell me that I just refuse to see the positives with this team.

But I do see the bright spots. It's just a matter of them being so few, as opposed to the huge darkness that this team has been for so long. (9-35 since the start of the '07 season)

BTW...

Jared Allen as favorite current Chiefs player? Yep.

A.) He is still a Chief in my eyes, dammit!!!

B.) Someone needs to step up and fill that position for me. Maybe if we can draft or sign an OT this offseason, I will get to change that. (Only Charles and Flowers are close to taking that spot.)
Once again I completely agree with you. Very well said. The donkey fan does bring up a very valid point as much as we hate the guy. You don't gamble like that period. I don't understand the people defending the call like "oh if they would have made the block it would have worked". Thats irrelevant because you don't do that on your side of the field with a chance to stay in it with a great punter that can boom it. The odds are against you.

Chiefster
12-06-2009, 11:52 PM

All logic and statistics are on his side...

...This.

tornadospotter
12-07-2009, 12:34 AM
That!

Chiefster
12-07-2009, 12:35 AM
That!

...And, the other thing! :11: :D

matthewschiefs
12-07-2009, 12:38 AM
Once again I completely agree with you. Very well said. The donkey fan does bring up a very valid point as much as we hate the guy. You don't gamble like that period. I don't understand the people defending the call like "oh if they would have made the block it would have worked". Thats irrelevant because you don't do that on your side of the field with a chance to stay in it with a great punter that can boom it. The odds are against you.

I no that most would agree but i just see this diffrently. I see what Haley was trying to do and hey this season a season were the chiefs are not going anywere i dont mind him trying to get life into his offens anyway he could. Did it work No but I think he was right to try to do something anything to get the offense going. Thats just how i see it. I no most disagree but hey thats what forums are for right. :lol:

chief31
12-07-2009, 02:33 AM
I no that most would agree but i just see this diffrently. I see what Haley was trying to do and hey this season a season were the chiefs are not going anywere i dont mind him trying to get life into his offens anyway he could. Did it work No but I think he was right to try to do something anything to get the offense going. Thats just how i see it. I no most disagree but hey thats what forums are for right. :lol:

I don't disagree that some trickery is a good idea. But that was just the absolute wrong situation to try it. You try that out at mid-field. Not near your own endzone.