PDA

View Full Version : Trade Dorsey and draft Ndamukong Suh if still available

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 06:01 PM
I realize KC has needs all over the place especially offensive line, however I heard several experts say he is the best DT to come out of college in 15 years. If he's still on the board when KC picks, wouldnt it make sense to draft him? Is there a offensive lineman in this years draft worthy of a top 5 pick?

kilobytes
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
NO. Dorsey is finally descent now and getting better. Not gambling. Thats all the draft is is a gamble so I don't get wanting to be high in the draft because most seem to be busts. Thats why you go with O linemen in 1st round this year because they usually make the biggest impact in that they are a higher percentage of no suckage.

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
WHICH O-LINEMEN THIS YEAR ARE READY TO START IN THE NFL? I HAVENT HEARD MUCH RUMBLE ABOUT ANY o-LINEMEN THIS YEAR.

Do you think the Lambs will take McCoy?

wolfpack
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Last year was the year for o-lineman, not this year. But we picked Jackson. Boy sofar thats been a great pick.
We need to spend some money in FA, not break the bank. clarkie needs to stop being so cheap.

King_of_the_Cassel
12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Last year was the year for o-lineman, not this year. But we picked Jackson. Boy sofar thats been a great pick.
We need to spend some money in FA, not break the bank. clarkie needs to stop being so cheap.

JACKSON A GREAT PICK? I HOPE THAT IS SARCASM. I HOPE WE STAY AWAY FROM ALL LSU PLAYERS THIS YEAR!!!

honda522
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Bringing in new players every year to replace old ones will not help. This is part of the problem with our team.

Alot of the players on this team don't know each other. They need to build a freind ship and work with each other. Right now, each player is in their own area.

kilobytes
12-06-2009, 06:36 PM
WHICH O-LINEMEN THIS YEAR ARE READY TO START IN THE NFL? I HAVENT HEARD MUCH RUMBLE ABOUT ANY o-LINEMEN THIS YEAR.

Do you think the Lambs will take McCoy?
I know really nothing of College or anyone going in to the draft but I do know going with an O lineman is a safer bet and that I don't want Dorsey traded period. We also need WR's and safeties. I think everything else will be okay and like honda said let them build together.

Three7s
12-06-2009, 07:04 PM
JACKSON A GREAT PICK? I HOPE THAT IS SARCASM. I HOPE WE STAY AWAY FROM ALL LSU PLAYERS THIS YEAR!!!
His post was obviously sarcasm, and please give your caps lock button a break.

Xanathol
12-06-2009, 11:25 PM
You do realize you guys said the same thing about Dorsey last year, right? And now, on this very board, some posters claim Dorsey is as one of the Chiefs best players. DL takes time and Jackson is the definition of a 3-4 DE. If by some miracle the Chiefs could draft Suh as a NT, KC would have something unheard of - a supremely dominant, pass rushing front - in a 3-4 defense! That could be scary...

As for LSU players... Bowe is KC's best WR, Dorsey has been claimed this year as one of KC's best, and this is Jackson's first year... ie that was a rather uneducated statement.

KottkeKU
12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Jackson was a GREAT pick... we werent winning the superbowl this year, or anytime soon for that matter so i dont see why everyone expects him to be lightning for our defense right off the bat... fans can be really stupid sometimes, and you are expecting too much if you think ANY d-lineman regardless of where he is drafted, to be a dominating force in his first year.

they are getting experience for the young defensive players...and offensive too. Dorsey should not be traded... it will just create another void, and if you use dorsey's pick for ANOTHER d-lineman, you can chalk up another year or two of him sucking before he gets good...which this defense doesnt need. They will all grow up together...

what we need is a safety who doesnt let WR's run free after they run right past our corners.... Mike Brown and McGraw are SORRY excuses for nfl starters...

And if you think we should trade Dorsey for a draft pick, and then use that pick on another d lineman, im sorry but that is just the dumbest thing i have ever heard... maybe you should try giving our young defensive lineman some TIME to learn how to play the game at a professional level... sorry they cant do it with nobody else for support, and only with a year or less experience...

tornadospotter
12-07-2009, 01:54 AM
SUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHH!
YouTube- Suh For Heisman

bigpoppachief
12-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Honestly I am kinda liking some mock drafts that has us taking Dez Bryant he is a monster and I think will eb even more so because he didnt have to take the ebating of the rest of the college season

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Jackson was a GREAT pick... we werent winning the superbowl this year, or anytime soon for that matter so i dont see why everyone expects him to be lightning for our defense right off the bat... fans can be really stupid sometimes, and you are expecting too much if you think ANY d-lineman regardless of where he is drafted, to be a dominating force in his first year.

they are getting experience for the young defensive players...and offensive too. Dorsey should not be traded... it will just create another void, and if you use dorsey's pick for ANOTHER d-lineman, you can chalk up another year or two of him sucking before he gets good...which this defense doesnt need. They will all grow up together...

what we need is a safety who doesnt let WR's run free after they run right past our corners.... Mike Brown and McGraw are SORRY excuses for nfl starters...

And if you think we should trade Dorsey for a draft pick, and then use that pick on another d lineman, im sorry but that is just the dumbest thing i have ever heard... maybe you should try giving our young defensive lineman some TIME to learn how to play the game at a professional level... sorry they cant do it with nobody else for support, and only with a year or less experience...

Oh man, thank goodness someone else gets it.

Defensive line takes the most time to adjust to the NFL (after the QB position).

the reason they drafted jackson was so they could begin developing the 3-4 front. Without incredibly strong linemen to occupy double teams, the linebackers aren't free to make plays on the ball. It takes 3 years for DL guys to adjust. Essentially, 3-4 DE are like 4-3 tackles. They don't get upfield penetration. Well, they can, but it's not their focus.

If we drafted OL last year, our team would have become very lopsided. You draft DL first, and they will take that extra year to adjust, then you can bring in other players who can make an impact right away.

Personally, I think we make a move in free agency for a couple of guys.

I like Albert, but I would have no problem moving him back to right guard if there were a top tackle available.

Sadly, I think the best tackle in the draft this year isn't up to the benchmark we've seen the previous few drafts. So, we are better off getting either a top safety (if Berry is available), a wide receiver, or a DE/OLB with our top pick. In the second round we HAVE to address the right side of our line. Have to.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-07-2009, 02:39 PM
I don't think people realize just how big of a difference a good offensive line would make for this team.

pbatrucker
12-07-2009, 03:57 PM
I think Pioli has a very hard decision to make in April. Berry is a special player and is just what we need at FS.
McClain is a beast at ILB, good in all areas and plays with a mean streak which the defense needs.
On the other hand our biggest need is OL and there is only one LT that stands out above the rest and that's Okung from Okie State. He's every bit as good as last years top choices. Campbell from MD looks good but has a history of nagging injuries that causes him to miss playing time. If Okung is there at our first pick, we have to take him.

KottkeKU
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Ill take either Berry or Mays with out top 10 pick....

then you take OL at 35 or so, and with the pick from Tony G late in the 2nd we take a Wide Receiver (Briscoe!!!!)

A good rookie safety taken high (not out of the question), plus experience along the d-line would make our defense WORLDS better...

throw in another lineman who can actually start and not be a complete loser, and a wideout who can actually catch and make some plays deep down the field (Briscoe) and you could see quite a bit of improvement right there...

then with our 3rd rounder, draft the TE from USC.... matchup nightmare fo sho....

i like the sound of that :)

Hayvern
12-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Offensive line MUST be addressed, I don't think we can do it in the draft this year and I fully expect Waters to be leaving very soon as well. We HAVE to do something big in free agency this season if we want to win more than 4 games next season.

pbatrucker
12-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Offensive line MUST be addressed, I don't think we can do it in the draft this year and I fully expect Waters to be leaving very soon as well. We HAVE to do something big in free agency this season if we want to win more than 4 games next season.
But if 2010 is a uncapped year, the free agent group will s***.

OPLookn
12-07-2009, 06:45 PM
I still want Gresham (TE) from Oklahoma, the guy's a beast. Barring any lasting effects from his knee injury I'll dare to say if he converts well from college he very well could be Gonzo like.

yashi
12-07-2009, 07:30 PM
1. Eric Berry S
2a. Jerry Hughes OLB
2b. Jason Fox OT

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
that would be a killer first two rounds.

We would still need to pick up a guard or center in the third round, though.

Ldub
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
I would love to have Suh on the team, but there is no way we draft a d-linemen 3 years in a row. O-lineman gets my vote as well. Albert is the only one worth keeping.

texaschief
12-08-2009, 05:11 AM
I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks Tyson Jackson at #3 was a "great" pick, needs to be evaluated professionally. If he were a Seymour-eske type player, MAYBE. But he's not even CLOSE to being COMPARABLE to Seymour. Yes, D-linemen take time... yes, he'll probably be a starter at DE for us for the next 6 or 7 years or so... but in no way, shape, or form was he worth the #3 pick in the draft. The HIGHEST he should've been picked was in the teens and I'm sure most draft boards had him in the 20's.

Tyson Jackson at #3 was ridiculous. It was ridiculous when we made the pick and even more ridiculous now that he only has 17 TOTAL tackles through 12 games, when the guy he was drafted to replace who "was too small to play as a 3-4 DE" in just his SECOND year in the league, has 47.

And yes, while Glenn Dorsey's rookie year was "bad," the guy averaged just under 3 tackles per game and ended last season with 46 tackles. Jackson, on the other hand is averaging just under 1.5 tackles per game and is on track for exactly HALF of Dorsey's rookie year production.

That being said, if Suh falls to us at #3 or #4 or wherever we land, we should draft him. That would be just as big of a steal as landing Dorsey at #5. Both Dorsey and Suh were/are being hailed as "the best DEFENSIVE PLAYER to come out in more that 10 years." You don't pass on those types of players which is why I think this thread is probably an idle discussion.

Jackson, Dorsey, Suh and Hali coming off the end would be one of the nastiest defensive attacks the NFL would have EVER witnessed... too bad there's no way in hell it's gonna happen.

You've gotta think at least Tampa, St. Louis, Detroit, and Cleveland will pick before us. If we happen to beat Buffalo, you could put them ahead of us as well. There's no way in hell Suh falls to us at #5 like Dorsey did... Oh, and we hold the tie breaker over Washington as well as Oakland. So if we end up with the same records, they both get to pick ahead of us as well.

Anyone think Suh will be around at #8? I don't.

Sn@keIze
12-08-2009, 05:42 AM
Sighs..........

if we are going to be in a 3-4 Suh is the last person i would want on this team.

He may be awesome on a 4-3. With at least 3 other guys helping him in the line. The same as dorsey being in 4-3. Dorsey in 3-4 to me wouldnt work.

If we went back to 4-3 and then we convert dorsey back to DT then have Suh as DT also. Then maybe

But we have Haley.

What does Haley know about D. He's concerned about Off.

We hired an offensive coordinator from NFC west. the worst division last year (and maybe this year). what does he know about fixn this D(or pendergast).

I wish FN Clark Hunt would die in an FN car crash for hiring that idiot.

Instead one of the greatest Chiefs ever die in a car crash.

Why cant things be different? Now im rambling. Its gettn to where im not going to be able to post at all here after a chiefs loss.

I was going to go on to say ............

how i wish Clark, Pendergast and Clark were driving in a car and then suddenly they drive off a cliff plummeting to their death, leaving the org in a better situation better off. But im not going to say that, but that would be innappropiate, so i wont.

Crap i typed it already. Oh go i am embarrassed.