PDA

View Full Version : Should we start Brodie?

figcrostic
12-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Matt has not been playing good at all, I am not saying Brodie is better, but something needs to change he benched Bowe for dropping balls even though he played much better for a wr then Cassel for a QB, we need to send a message to the team that we won't put up with playing like crap no matter how much we pay your. Plus Croyle looked decent today and I wonder if he has learned anything being on the sideline, his passes looked good and his arm still looked strong.

matthewschiefs
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I think maybe it would be something to try for a week then see if when Cassle comes back he gets a fire lit under him. I still think Cassle can be very good outside of the last couple of games he has not played badly this season. But it might be something for the Chiefs to look at for a week.

loyalchief91
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
I agree

Hayvern
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM
It would matter if Croyle was a possible replacement for Cassel. He's not. Croyle is a third string QB at best, if Cassel is not starter material because he has not played well, that is one thing, but replacing him at this point is not the answer.

Cassel has been described as the face of the future for this team. If he is truly going to be that guy, then he has to remain the go to guy each sunday.

In reality, I do not think Croyle has played so poorly aside from this weekend. He has had absolutely NO help. A number of very catchable passes this season have been dropped, simply let fall on the ground for very little reason.

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Absolutely not...my god he doesn't have much to work with this year give him time...i still have a hunch that all that money kc has in salary cap money will come to getting better offensive lineman and receivers and such..give it time

figcrostic
12-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Absolutely not...my god he doesn't have much to work with this year give him time...i still have a hunch that all that money kc has in salary cap money will come to getting better offensive lineman and receivers and such..give it time

U don't think it's inconsistent to bench Bowe and DJ when you don't like the way he plays, but to let Cassel play when he plays like crap?

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 07:56 PM
You keep letting cassel play..brodie croyle didn't do a thing either...actually i wish dj and bowe were both playing..

marloweopatchiefs
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
sorry computer acting up

#58ChiefsFan
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Remember when Matt and coach Haley were the future after the Steelers victory?

chief31
12-06-2009, 09:49 PM
Meh.

I wouldn't mind seeing Croyle get some snaps. Maybe, like LJ/Charles, there could be a way of doing something with nothing.

But I have no serious problems with Cassel. Bad game.

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2009, 10:00 PM
Maybe at some point this year we can give Croyle (and how about Gutierrez?) some more snaps too. But I would want Cassel to at least start the next 2 home games against Buffalo and Cleveland. Cuz those are games we could and should win. Let's do all we can to get much needed wins for this team and go to 5-9.

Now if Cassel performs poorly and we, say, even lose to Cleveland, then maybe should start another qb to see if we get any better performance in the closing games.

Gotta be hard to not start a guy who has a 6 year 63 million $ contract, though. But if his numbers are like today again (10 for 29 for 89 yards, no td's, 2 ints, and a 14.6 qb rating?) then maybe have not much of a choice.

But then the oline and dropped balls by receivers is a factor too. As people said here today, Cassel played badly but it wasn't all his fault.

Saw in the pregame show today that Shannon Sharpe was asked if the big contract for Cassel was a mistake. And Sharpe said he thinks Cassel is good but not good enough to be a franchise qb, as they signed him to be, of course.

But Croyle and Gutierrez probably wouldn't be franchise qb's either. So not sure what the answer is at this point. But haven't given up on Cassel (or Haley) yet either and hope it ultimately does work out.

chief31
12-06-2009, 10:07 PM
Gotta be hard to not start a guy who has a 6 year 63 million $ contract, though.

<Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IlovetheChiefs
12-06-2009, 10:10 PM
<Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.><Deleted expletive.>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well I mean from the Chiefs organization's point of view since they put up all that money, yikes!

chief31
12-06-2009, 10:14 PM
Well I mean from the Chiefs organization's point of view since they put up all that money, yikes!

Hmmm. How much would he be demanding right now, if we hadn't made that deal?

Not that he will never be worth it. I don't know that.

But that it made no sense to do it when they did.

While I am not yet ready to pin Cassel with the "Elvis Grbac" title. I have it on my desk and ready.

#58ChiefsFan
12-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Matt and Todd don't seem like the others who would take away Gannons streak and our best shot at the big show. :sign0053: Sorry that still makes me angry.......

figcrostic
12-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Matt and Todd don't seem like the others who would take away Gannons streak and our best shot at the big show. :sign0053: Sorry that still makes me angry.......

What if Thigpen was our Rich Gannon?

Isawa_mo
12-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I think that the backup QB is always the favorite player on a losing team. Regardless of their skill. Brodie did nothing more than Cassell when he came in, but his short comings are acceptable to people because he is the backup afterall. Then he becomes the starter (Damon Huard) and people realize that he was not any better than the current starter and sometimes worse.

I cannot see how you can blame Cassell for yesterday. I saw endless dropped passes and poor routes. I saw him hit as he threw the ball on his second pick, which was the cause. Those short comings are supposed to be overlooked to serve your witch hunt, I get it.

Just because he was brought in by Pioli and given the contract, he is supposed to be the second coming of Peyton Manning (mind you, he did not get Manning money, he got David Gerrard money). Just chill and realize that there are many other factors causing his poor play. Brodie is not going to come in and be the savior of this team. However, I do love the screams for Croyle right before we play our weakest portion of the schedule. Then if he came in and won the next two games he would be our savior, until of course, the Chiefs play their last two and we lose those, then you would be screaming for the third string QB.

yashi
12-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I cannot see how you can blame Cassell for yesterday. I saw endless dropped passes and poor routes. I saw him hit as he threw the ball on his second pick, which was the cause. Those short comings are supposed to be overlooked to serve your witch hunt, I get it.

I counted two passes that would have been touchdowns if not thrown poorly. The second one he was hit because he hesitated on the throw for a split second, just long enough for the defender to get to him. Get rid of the ball Matt!

Sick Dog
12-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Ya you have half a second to get rid of it before you have to run for your life because our O-line is so good....

hometeam
12-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Ya you have half a second to get rid of it before you have to run for your life because our O-line is so good....

it doesnt matter what happens, he doesnt throw the ball on time~

matthewschiefs
12-08-2009, 01:38 PM
it doesnt matter what happens, he doesnt throw the ball on time~

Thats my biggest thing with Cassle. He hangs on to the ball to long at times. He takes sacks sometimes that he realy shouldn't. Hopefuly thats something that he can cut out as he devolpes.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-08-2009, 06:56 PM
I don't think it's crazy to ask this, but I have to say that I have never been a fan of benching a QB after a bad game. Just ask Cleveland how well that works.

QB isn't the same as RB or LB. You don't want to get in your QB's head too much. Things take time. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his Rookie season. TWENTY EIGHT. Granted, he also threw 26 touchdowns, but Cassel is still in the positive when it comes to TD/INT ratio.

When it comes to Cassel's play, the only positions I'm concerned with are the offensive line. We need a wide receiver and a tight end, but he'll never have time for plays to develop without some protection.

figcrostic
12-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I don't think it's crazy to ask this, but I have to say that I have never been a fan of benching a QB after a bad game. Just ask Cleveland how well that works.

QB isn't the same as RB or LB. You don't want to get in your QB's head too much. Things take time. Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions his Rookie season. TWENTY EIGHT. Granted, he also threw 26 touchdowns, but Cassel is still in the positive when it comes to TD/INT ratio.

When it comes to Cassel's play, the only positions I'm concerned with are the offensive line. We need a wide receiver and a tight end, but he'll never have time for plays to develop without some protection.

I can't believe you compared Cassel, Peyton Manning, I will forgive your ignorance because of your Van Damme picture of him rockin the mullet.

Chiefster
12-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Should we start Brodie?

Nope.

Sick Dog
12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
and he has done so well when he has started.

MDChiefs!
12-09-2009, 07:20 PM
Too early to start playing revolving doors at the QB position...that is supposed to be one position where we shouldnt have to. For the love, Cassel needs time just like anyone else... I do however think we should re sign him after this season to remain as a back up :)

Ldub
12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Croyle is made out of glass, and is not as mobile as Cassel. He would be eaten alive behind our weak line.

figcrostic
12-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Croyle is made out of glass, and is not as mobile as Cassel. He would be eaten alive behind our weak line.

He is injury prone, but he gets rid of the ball quickly and can throw farther of his back foot then Cassel can with both feet planted.