PDA

View Full Version : Golden Tate?

matthewschiefs
12-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Hes been very good at Noter Dame anyone eles think that he might be a good pick for the Chiefs in the draft. Chambers might still be around and bowe will still be in KC so they would defently be able to help him learn. And after yesterday WR is defently a spot the chiefs need help with. I think he might be worth a pick if hes still around in the secound round. Not sure he will be.

dad005
12-07-2009, 03:34 PM
I think he'd be a great 2nd round pick if he's there, assuming we address the o-line in the 1st. And maybe a safety or LB with the other 2nd?

lucky_lefty
12-07-2009, 05:31 PM
There are way better wideouts that are out there but I still can't deny his potential. Floyd (his counterpart @ ND) will be the better WR in the league

yashi
12-07-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm a fan, but not in the 2nd round. I think if resign Chambers that WR isn't a priority at all this offseason.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-07-2009, 08:25 PM
UH...WHAT?

Wide receiver is not a priority? In case you missed it, Bowe still hasn't become the player we thought he would be.

Golden Tate in the 2nd round would be huge. he isn't good enough to draft as high as we will be in the first, but if he falls to the 2nd round, you absolutely take him. the guy is a serious playmaker who scores from all over the field.

I agree that Floyd will be the better pro, but he won't come out for another year at least.

Floyd will also be the first receiver off the board when he does come out.

lucky_lefty
12-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I'd take Benn (Illini), Bryant (OK St), LaFell (LSU), Gilyard (Cinnci), Thomas (Ga Tech), Ford (Clemson) & maybe Decker (Minn) before I'd take Tate....not saying he isn't nice, just saying these guys are MORE COMPLETE and ready to contribute

honda522
12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Hm, seems like we were all complaining about How the OL SUCKS..so there for we will spend millions building and OL.

You build a team starting with the OL.

Sn@keIze
12-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Hm, seems like we were all complaining about How the OL SUCKS..so there for we will spend millions building and OL.

good post honda

KristofLaw
12-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Notre Dame's Golden Tate wins Biletnikoff Award - ncaa - SI.com (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/wires/12/10/2060.ap.fbc.biletnikoff.award.0182/)

Notre Dame's Golden Tate wins Biletnikoff Award

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (AP) -Notre Dame's Golden Tate has won the Biletnikoff Award honoring the nation's best receiver.

Tate accepted the honor at the annual college football awards at Disney World on Thursday night.

Tate had 93 catches for 1,496 yards with 15 receiving touchdowns, two rushing TDs and a punt return for a score. He finished third in the nation in receiving yards per game (124.67) and seventh in catches per game (7.75).

Tate and Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen announced earlier this week that they will bypass their senior seasons and enter the NFL draft.

honda522
12-10-2009, 11:18 PM
And IF were going to get another WR I bet we could pick up Danario Alexander in a late 3rd pick.

hometeam
12-10-2009, 11:24 PM
Alexander is my boy DAMN HES A BEAST!!

just thought I would throw that out there~

josh1971
12-11-2009, 12:27 AM

The truth.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I'd take Benn (Illini), Bryant (OK St), LaFell (LSU), Gilyard (Cinnci), Thomas (Ga Tech), Ford (Clemson) & maybe Decker (Minn) before I'd take Tate....not saying he isn't nice, just saying these guys are MORE COMPLETE and ready to contribute
I'd take Jordan Shipley before I took any of these guys OR Tate.

lucky_lefty
12-12-2009, 12:53 AM
I'd take Jordan Shipley before I took any of these guys OR Tate.

You can't be serious? You'd take Shipley before Dez Bryant??:lol: :lol: Shipley will be Jordy Nelson Part Deux in the league

Drunker Hillbilly
12-12-2009, 12:43 PM
You can't be serious? You'd take Shipley before Dez Bryant??:lol: :lol: Shipley will be Jordy Nelson Part Deux in the league
I think Dez Bryant is a system receiver and will struggle in the NFL. Shippley to me is a good receiver in line with a Welker but bigger. IMO he made McCoy more than McCoy made him.

moonshiner
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
I think he'd be a great 2nd round pick if he's there, assuming we address the o-line in the 1st. And maybe a safety or LB with the other 2nd?

Agreed :11:

jay josefino
12-14-2009, 10:26 PM
i think if dez bryant doesnt get into trouble, tate doesnt get that award. character issues aside, he's better than tate. alexander would be a good pickup, too. i dont know about as early as the second round for a wideout, though. we need defensive help. and god knows we still need a qb.

yashi
12-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Dez Bryant is clearly the most talented WR in this draft. Just my 2 cents.

chief31
12-16-2009, 05:41 PM
No need for WRs in my opinion.

Not that there is no room for improvement. There always is.

But I think we have enough talent there. And that we have serious deficiancies all over the team, except for at WR.

Kicking and WRs would be the only two positions that I would be confident in, without changing them, to start next season.

Codac
12-17-2009, 05:51 PM
We need one receiver. Its a must. But I'm not sure we need to get one in the first 2 rounds. There is still free agency and a lot of the good receivers in the league came at a late round. The draft needs to consist of OL, LB, and Secondary. Thats it. I would be a fan of Alexander from Missouri. Yes I love Mizzou but I think he has lots of raw talent. But I also wonder if he was just a one year system wonder.

pbatrucker
12-17-2009, 07:02 PM
We need one receiver. Its a must. But I'm not sure we need to get one in the first 2 rounds. There is still free agency and a lot of the good receivers in the league came at a late round. The draft needs to consist of OL, LB, and Secondary. Thats it. I would be a fan of Alexander from Missouri. Yes I love Mizzou but I think he has lots of raw talent. But I also wonder if he was just a one year system wonder.
He's not a polihed reciever by any means, but has a lot of upside, good size and speed, but needs to work on running routes. Because of more pressing needs, he'll be drafted before we can think of WR's.

endzonewillie
12-17-2009, 08:24 PM

Agreed.

hometeam
12-17-2009, 08:36 PM

I dont think he was a one year wonder, if you remember he beat out maclin for the starting job before he got injred, and was recovering from knee injury before that.

IMO thats the thing to watch for with him, injurys, but if we can get him in the third round, or maybe trade around a bit and get him, im all for it. This guy is a MONSTER and he has ALL the tools to be a great WR in the NFL

KottkeKU
12-17-2009, 11:10 PM
He is too much an injury risk.... but a good player. I still wouldnt touch him in the first three rounds due to injury concerns... i would rather have a few other WRs in the 3rd-4th round range rather than take this guy.... there will be TONS of good receivers in rds 2-4 this year...