PDA

View Full Version : Well, Say Hello To Mediocrity (Not A Troll Thread Either)

lucky_lefty
12-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Guess Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder got their wish....I know this isn't Chiefs related but this WILL effect all of us(NFL fans) in the end....

NFL to pull plug on $100 million revenue-sharing program - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4718965)

#58ChiefsFan
12-07-2009, 10:04 PM
That is a very bad situation for professional football.

Consider it an opening of the flood gates to turn the NFL into MLB. It would be a matter of time until you are looking at a yankees like billion dollar payroll becoming the cowboys.

Jerry Jones is a huge doucher.

Money can't necessarily buy a championship or the yankees would win the series every year. What it will do is turn the lower market NFL teams into the Royals. There is already becoming to wide of a gap between the upper and lower teams in the NFL, this would be the dagger that kills what competition we have grown to love.

Lets hope the NFLPA can do something to stop this nightmare.

lucky_lefty
12-07-2009, 10:31 PM
That is a very bad situation for professional football.

Consider it an opening of the flood gates to turn the NFL into MLB. It would be a matter of time until you are looking at a yankees like billion dollar payroll becoming the cowboys.

Jerry Jones is a huge doucher.

Money can't necessarily buy a championship or the yankees would win the series every year. What it will do is turn the lower market NFL teams into the Royals. There is already becoming to wide of a gap between the upper and lower teams in the NFL, this would be the dagger that kills what competition we have grown to love.

Lets hope the NFLPA can do something to stop this nightmare.
That's the thing, I think NFLPA will only be looking out for its best interest which is sad

KottkeKU
12-07-2009, 10:53 PM
wow, i am a sad, sad panda after reading this :( PLEASE do not turn the NFL into MLB....what a joke

hometeam
12-08-2009, 12:01 AM
wow.. this, along with the salary cap are two of the biggest things that keep parity in football.. it almost makes me sick the direction the league is taking, this, adding games, even more international games. ugh.

captainamerica
12-08-2009, 12:04 AM
There's also talks of extending the regular season and shortening the pre-season as well. This is all just terrible. Why can't they realize that what's not broke doesn't need fixin'. The NFL is great just the way it is.

Connie Jo
12-08-2009, 12:33 AM
This is just another example of an overall failing materialistic greedy society, of which a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of setting social examples of failure in integrity, of principle, value, & morally.

Possibly if fans stood up in opposition and in numbers of which could not be ignored...this devasting action could be prevented? It seems too many become complacent with accepting what they're against...no? Possibly an on line petition similar to that of the one against LJ that drew nationwide attention, as well as the NFL's & Chiefs organization?

lucky_lefty
12-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Too add on to this, I've also heard rumblings of after this current TV contract is up that the league is considering instead of having packages like Sunday Ticket & etc...that they may start having all games on PPV which would really suck. If any of this is allowed to take place then I'm back to just rooting for CFB & MLB even though that salary structure is flawed as well.

Canada
12-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Watch the CFL!!

Ldub
12-08-2009, 05:48 PM
What would be great is if we had a professional sport where no team had an advantage over the other. Crazy f*cking concept! The NFL is the last fair sport so I figured this day was coming...

I guess ill be watching Collage Football, oh wait thats another flawed system... Golf? F.U. Jerry Jones.

Vanilla Garilla
12-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Watch the CFL!!

Lets not and say we did

honda522
12-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Watch the CFL!!
no offense Canada, but Candians shouldnt play football....they should stick to hockey.

But I have no problem with Canadians liking Chiefs football :D

tornadospotter
12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Makes you wonder about not spending the cap dollars, was it to get past this uncapped season? I feel this is just a bargaining ploy for the players union, by the owners. You would think that the smaller market owners will raise hell over this.

KottkeKU
12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
man, i cant wait until the World Cup....

Chiefster
12-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Too add on to this, I've also heard rumblings of after this current TV contract is up that the league is considering instead of having packages like Sunday Ticket & etc...that they may start having all games on PPV which would really suck. If any of this is allowed to take place then I'm back to just rooting for CFB & MLB even though that salary structure is flawed as well.

If that's the case then it'll be back to listening to the game on the radio for me.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2009, 12:09 AM

I dont think the NFL would do this. They would take such a hit in $ becuse there would be a large group of fans that either dont have the money to pay for the games every week or will be so ticked off that they have to pay for them that they wouldn't. I no I would be pretty ticked off if the NFL did that.

lucky_lefty
12-09-2009, 08:52 AM
I believe their whole premise behind the PPV games was to eliminate the blackouts. If more & more blackouts occur, I wouldn't see it being out of the question. Especially w/ the NFL being more of an entity than ever, this isn't so far fetched and only adds a more lucrative stream of finances via advertisers, sponsors, etc...

Connie Jo
12-09-2009, 08:30 PM

It took MLB years to recover fan support after the historic strike, and I don't think even now it's as popular with fans as it was pre-strike. Apparently the NFL needs to take a look at what happened to MLB relating to fan anger over 'money', which is what the strike was all about...and no consideration for the fans at all was a factor to either side.

This of course isn't a strike situation, but it's similar in nature since it's all about 'money', and no consideration for the fans at all. This country is in economic disaster, and they are wanting to charge fan's money more or less to watch a game on TV at home?...guess they assume fan's will pay the price, regardless.

It's a shame as it is that fan's can't afford to take their kids to a game very often, nor oneself for that matter. The average price for a single Chiefs ticket is $100, plus parking $22, then add $7.50 per bottle of beer, or $5.00 for one soft drink, and so on.

I don't think a losing Chiefs team can afford to increase the cost of watching a game at home or at Arrowhead...considering the number of empty seats now at Arrowhead each home game. :(

hometeam
12-09-2009, 08:43 PM
I believe their whole premise behind the PPV games was to eliminate the blackouts. If more & more blackouts occur, I wouldn't see it being out of the question. Especially w/ the NFL being more of an entity than ever, this isn't so far fetched and only adds a more lucrative stream of finances via advertisers, sponsors, etc...

If they wherent so greedy, then less blackouts would occur.

drstandley31
12-09-2009, 09:01 PM
This is just another example of an overall failing materialistic greedy society, of which a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of setting social examples of failure in integrity, of principle, value, & morally.

Get off your F'n soap box! "a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of blah, blah, blah. I seriously doubt the majority of people that risked everything to get ahead, and to provide jobs for the rest of us, are morally evil. In fact I'd say the majority are very kind, giving, charitable people. I'm willing to bet you make your living off of people like that, and that doesn't bother you a bit, does it. Everytime I get on here to read about football, I read somehting like this that ruins it.

Ldub
12-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Get off your F'n soap box! "a majority of those in power and/or with money contribute habitually of blah, blah, blah. I seriously doubt the majority of people that risked everything to get ahead, and to provide jobs for the rest of us, are morally evil. In fact I'd say the majority are very kind, giving, charitable people. I'm willing to bet you make your living off of people like that, and that doesn't bother you a bit, does it. Everytime I get on here to read about football, I read somehting like this that ruins it.

Jesus... do you need a midol? Chill out.

Connie Jo
12-09-2009, 10:02 PM

If you re-read, I think you may note that the thread is about the 'NFL' seeking a way to make more profit off of fans...a majority of which are struggling from week to week to make ends meet.

The NFL is a major corporation of which is majorily about profit and could care less about whether I, nor any other fan can afford to pay to watch an NFL game or not.

IMO...your reply has inspired the thread now be taken off course of the NFL, as I feel I'm entitled to honorably defend myself against your harsh & unfair judgement.

You're entitled to your opinion, respectively so, as I am mine. In my personal experience, I've known far more corporate heads who are greedy and evil, when it comes to taking advantage of the hard working American...than not. Hell, all one has to do is listen to the news to hear of the next corporate head, etc...being caught doing something illegal and morally wrong, majorily related to pure greed.

I wasn't referring to 'individuals' who have honestly worked hard & sacrificed to make it, and stayed honest & moral...rather a vast majority of those who appear to have not...considering scandals right & left, as well as Federal Investigations and criminal charges being brought. IE: Fannie Mae, banking industry, insurance industry, power companies, and yes...the NFL has had it's scandals related to greed & immorality as well.

Our society is indirectly influenced by such corporate & organization greed...that sir is proven documented fact by acclaimed research universities, etc..

I don't make my living "off of" anyone. I sell on Ebay items I no longer need or use, and I am also a baker, of which I bake for hard working individuals like myself. I provide an honest product, at a fair price from an honest hard working person, to honest hard working individuals, of which I witness first hand struggling every day to make ends meet. Often, I reduce my price for those I know are struggling in one way or another, sometimes even offer to bake for free to help out.

I witness my neighboring senior citizens losing their homes, because their SS income isn't enough to pay their outrageous heating and electric bills, nor their property taxes...while multi million dollar sports complexes are being built for middle school aged children, of which only 10% of the student body benefits from realistically.

Respectively, you don't know my history, nor me...and until you do, you have no right to pre-judge my opinion of greed & immorality within our society, of which that opinion is based upon my own personal daily life experiences.

I would give someone my last bite of food if both of us were starving...God blessed me with an unselfish heart, and a moral conscience. I can guarantee many CEO heads would not do the same. Sure, they donate to charities...for gain, as it's a tax right off & great publicity. If not, then they would give anonymously...rather than seek public glory for their charitable contributions.

I wish you and yours a very blessed holiday season. :)

tornadospotter
12-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Well then maybe I WILL GET ON MY F'N SOAP BOX AND SAY THAT THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do not like it to :sign0053: bad!!!

prough91
12-10-2009, 02:51 PM
Well then maybe I WILL GET ON MY F'N SOAP BOX AND SAY THAT THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you do not like it to :sign0053: bad!!!

Do they even make soap boxes anymore?

Canada
12-15-2009, 10:19 PM
no offense Canada, but Candians shouldnt play football....they should stick to hockey.

But I have no problem with Canadians liking Chiefs football :D

News flash...most of the CFL is made up of Americans.
I would however like to extend an invitation to you to come play football on SB Sunday with a bunch of Canadians and see is u can hang!!

honda522
12-15-2009, 10:39 PM
News flash...most of the CFL is made up of Americans.
I would however like to extend an invitation to you to come play football on SB Sunday with a bunch of Canadians and see is u can hang!!
yes, our very own Trent green got his start there. They just have goofy rules. 12 men on the field.:11:

Chiefster
12-16-2009, 12:40 AM
Do they even make soap boxes anymore?

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/12/12.jpg

Canada
12-16-2009, 01:11 PM
yes, our very own Trent green got his start there. They just have goofy rules. 12 men on the field.:11:

Don't forget...our balls are bigger too!! :pointlaugh: