PDA

View Full Version : Proof Benard Pollard Sucks!

imcorrect
12-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Scout.com: No Respect: Most-Targeted Defenders (http://kan.scout.com/2/926374.html)

This article says he has the worst burn rate(72.2%) in the league while being targeted often.

From what I can tell all burn rate means is that 72.2% of passes thrown at him are completed.

He Sucks!

AussieChiefsFan
12-08-2009, 07:59 PM
hmmmm....

honda522
12-08-2009, 08:00 PM
And yet he still better than what we have right.

CapitalT
12-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah, it must be true. I read it on the internet.

I thought we put the Pollard issue to bed?

raiderhater79
12-08-2009, 11:10 PM
he is no longer a chief so I can care less about him now

Chiefster
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Pollard who???

matthewschiefs
12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
he is no longer a chief so I can care less about him now

I agree. He was not a Chiefs long enough for me to fallow what he is doing with anther team. I do like to see what Tony G does but thats about it. That may have some to do with him being on my fantasy team.

Hayvern
12-09-2009, 12:36 AM
I agree. He was not a Chiefs long enough for me to fallow what he is doing with anther team. I do like to see what Tony G does but thats about it. That may have some to do with him being on my fantasy team.

Tony G... uh Who?

Oh you mean that Former Chiefs Player who shall remain nameless!

Vandelay
12-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Tony G... uh Who?

Oh you mean that Former Chiefs Player who shall remain nameless!
It looks like he might remain playoffless too.:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
The Falcons suck. That 2nd round pick is moving up fast. :D

honda522
12-09-2009, 12:37 PM
It looks like he might remain playoffless too.:bananen_smilies046:
:yahoo: I shouldn't be happy, but I told Tony so.

Ok, I didn't tell Tony himself, but I said to Falcon fans they woudn't make it.

Then they had a great start and I thought I might of been wrong, but things change. And it wasn't cause Turner went down with injury.

josh1971
12-09-2009, 02:36 PM
And yet he still better than what we have right.

You mean Mike Brown, who has 1 more pick, the same number of tackles, plus 2 more sacks than Pollard?

Yeah... way better. :D

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-09-2009, 06:11 PM
You mean Mike Brown, who has 1 more pick, the same number of tackles, plus 2 more sacks than Pollard?

Shhhh....you can't possibly agree with anything Haley does. Don't you know? His arrogance is why guys miss tackles, drop balls, and let defenders get into the backfield.

It's Pioli's arrogance that kept us from replacing Willie Roaf and Will Shields with draft picks. God forbid, we have more than two good offensive linemen! Hey, is there a punter who used to play hop scotch with Herm Edwards' kid? Better draft him!!!

honda522
12-09-2009, 08:10 PM

Mike Brown can't persue. He also had lucky INTs. There were off tipped balls that should have been Int'ed by Flowers and Studebaker.

hometeam
12-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Every pick Brown ended up with where gives! Anyone can pick off a ball that is tipped right into thier hands.

Vandelay
12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Every pick Brown ended up with where gives! Anyone can pick off a ball that is tipped right into thier hands.
I'll bet Bobby Wade couldn't.

Ldub
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM

:lol:

hometeam
12-09-2009, 08:40 PM

:lol:

josh1971
12-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Mike Brown can't persue. He also had lucky INTs. There were off tipped balls that should have been Int'ed by Flowers and Studebaker.

So wait a minute- Flowers and Studebaker didn't come up with those INTs, and those INTs were "gimmes", so isn't it fortunate, then, that someone was there to get them? Isn't that what an opportunistic safety would/should do? How he made them is irrelevant- the fact is, he made them, and one of them sealed a victory against the super bowl champs.

Pollard, according to the first stat posted in this thread, apparently can't pursue either.

So I guess when Pollard, Flowers, or anyone else gets an interception that's skill. With Mike Brown it's just dumb luck, huh?

Sn@keIze
12-10-2009, 05:09 AM
What kind of lame thread is this?

Pollard went to the Texans as a third stringer.

He has since earned starting S. And has done nothing but help that D.

yashi
12-10-2009, 09:39 AM

In run defense, yes. In pass coverage, he's been as big of a liability as you can have.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-10-2009, 01:20 PM

Apparently 72.4% of the time he's done nothing but hurt that D.

hometeam
12-10-2009, 10:09 PM
With Mike Brown it's just dumb luck, huh?

classic straw man argument.

go back and take a look at the tape. In this particular case YES THEY WHERE DUMB LUCK!

honda522
12-10-2009, 10:21 PM
So wait a minute- Flowers and Studebaker didn't come up with those INTs, and those INTs were "gimmes", so isn't it fortunate, then, that someone was there to get them? Isn't that what an opportunistic safety would/should do? How he made them is irrelevant- the fact is, he made them, and one of them sealed a victory against the super bowl champs.

Pollard, according to the first stat posted in this thread, apparently can't pursue either.

So I guess when Pollard, Flowers, or anyone else gets an interception that's skill. With Mike Brown it's just dumb luck, huh?

Studebaker and Flowers jumped the routes. Every INT that Brown has besides 1 was tipped up in the air by someone else.

josh1971
12-10-2009, 11:32 PM
classic straw man argument.

go back and take a look at the tape. In this particular case YES THEY WHERE DUMB LUCK!

Studebaker and Flowers jumped the routes. Every INT that Brown has besides 1 was tipped up in the air by someone else.

Sorry fellas- the balls were tipped in the air, and Mike Brown came down with them to make them interceptions. Flowers had his hands on at least one of them and failed to come down with it. You're just not going to convince me that they are somehow lesser turnovers because they were tipped.

But to keep focus here, my point is that Mike Brown has played every bit as good as Pollard (Hallowed be his name), and some people just refuse to see or admit that.

Fact is, I don't care HOW he came down with the interceptions- it doesn't matter. They were turnovers KC had. And what all of the Pollard disciples seem unwilling to do is realize that he is not a chief any more, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I don't understand why Bernard Pollard getting cut had to create a bad guy in Mike Brown.

We need to draft/sign some better DBs, but I think Mike has done ok back there. Not great, but ok.

Hayvern
12-11-2009, 03:09 AM
Sorry fellas- the balls were tipped in the air, and Mike Brown came down with them to make them interceptions. Flowers had his hands on at least one of them and failed to come down with it. You're just not going to convince me that they are somehow lesser turnovers because they were tipped.

But to keep focus here, my point is that Mike Brown has played every bit as good as Pollard (Hallowed be his name), and some people just refuse to see or admit that.

Fact is, I don't care HOW he came down with the interceptions- it doesn't matter. They were turnovers KC had. And what all of the Pollard disciples seem unwilling to do is realize that he is not a chief any more, and there's nothing we can do about it.

I don't understand why Bernard Pollard getting cut had to create a bad guy in Mike Brown.

We need to draft/sign some better DBs, but I think Mike has done ok back there. Not great, but ok.

Ahh, but the point that I feel keeps getting overlooked here is that Pollard is young and has his best years in front of him. Brown is on his way to retirements, he is already losing a step.

Pollard was a serviceable player who had a bright future, something this team needs, and Haley simply released him in order to keep his favorite safety... Brown. Yes, that's right, Haley likes Brown saying that he is one of the best safeties in the game. OK, I am not seeing it, but if Pollard was almost as good as Brown with only three years of playing time, what would he be in two, three or more years.

Strikes me funny we could not have found a way to keep him around. But hey, he is gone now and we are not as good of a team for the loss in my opinion.