PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Shelf RB Priest Holmes For The Year

Sweets
09-01-2007, 06:31 PM
The Chiefs placed Priest Holmes on the Non-Football Injury list today, ending his season. The whole Holmes saga was bizarre and this could be an appropriate, if sad, ending to his career. We believe Holmes won't get paid now, and he's not eligible to play elsewhere.

Source: Rotoworld.com (http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=KC)

Sweets
09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
This is just business....right????? <sarcasm>

Chiefster
09-01-2007, 09:43 PM
This is just business....right????? <sarcasm>

Typical King Carl.

zona chief
09-02-2007, 12:00 AM
He's not out for the year. He is out for the first 6 weeks & then they make a decision on him.

sling58
09-02-2007, 07:22 AM
He's not out for the year. He is out for the first 6 weeks & then they make a decision on him.

ANd it will be....."Sorry Priest see Ya! Thanks for coming in and letting us make a mockery of you trying to make a comeback, grab a free t-shirt on your way out!"

Canada
09-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I want a free T shirt

Guru
09-02-2007, 04:32 PM

I don't really know what the hell the NFI list is but it is not like the PUP list. It sounds like he is out for the year.

PUP list would have the Chiefs being forced to make a decision at week 6.

DrunkHillbilly
09-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Hate to say it it but I knew it was a ploy all along! Besides Rod Graves for the Cardinals, Peterson is the worst GM in the game!! I even think Priest knew what was going on. No way was he ever going to play! Pretty cheese dick way to try and get a guy to end a hold out!

chief31
09-02-2007, 09:11 PM
I don't really know what the hell the NFI list is but it is not like the PUP list. It sounds like he is out for the year.

PUP list would have the Chiefs being forced to make a decision at week 6.

Actually, I am hearing that it is very similar to the PUP list, in that Priest can not be activated until at least week six.

Coach
09-02-2007, 11:00 PM

Exactly. Holmes probably won't suit up for the Chiefs even after week 6 though. But Priest served his purpose for Carl by giving him some leverage with LJ during the contract negotiations. I do have my fingers crossed for him to play again for the Chiefs. I loved Priest and the offense we had when he played here.

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Exactly. Holmes probably won't suit up for the Chiefs even after week 6 though. But Priest served his purpose for Carl by giving him some leverage with LJ during the contract negotiations. I do have my fingers crossed for him to play again for the Chiefs. I loved Priest and the offense we had when he played here.

Exactly!

All the while playing Priest like a stradivarius.

sling58
09-03-2007, 07:10 AM
I knew it was a gimmick to get LJ back on the field from day one. I think I might have even posted that a few times. It's sucks for Priest though. He did a lot for the Chiefs and this is how CP rewards him.

Canada
09-03-2007, 07:53 AM
I knew it was a gimmick to get LJ back on the field from day one. I think I might have even posted that a few times. It's sucks for Priest though. He did a lot for the Chiefs and this is how CP rewards him.

I was just really hoping that it wasn't true!! :drunkhb:

sling58
09-03-2007, 07:59 AM
I was just really hoping that it wasn't true!! :drunkhb:

I was hoping that too but I always knew in the back of my head it was a ploy to begin with. It was to fishy that he would come back when LJ held out. DAMN YOU TO H*** CP!

Canada
09-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah....what he said! :iamwithstupid:

DrunkHillbilly
09-03-2007, 07:39 PM
I agree but I still think Priest knew what was going on.

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 10:41 PM
I agree but I still think Priest knew what was going on.

I don't know he seemed genuinely disappointed that he was not taken off PUP!

swmochiefsfan
09-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Exactly!

All the while playing Priest like a stradivarius.
Stradawhat? Is that like a banjo?

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Stradawhat? Is that like a banjo?

Yeah; like banjo you play with a bow. :D

DrunkHillbilly
09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't know he seemed genuinely disappointed that he was not taken off PUP!

How was he suppose to ACT????

My opinion is that all who were involved knew he wasn't going to play. His doc's cleared him and then it was a big mystery as to why he still wasn't given the oppurtunity. Two possibilities here: either Carl paid him to come out and make a situation out of this or he thought he owed it to Carl to put some pressure on LJ because he had been paid for the last 2 years to do nothing!

Now, if Priest ends up playing somewhere else, then I might reconsider my thoughts but I don't believe anyone is going to take a chance on an older RB that has been out of the league for 2 seasons with a possible career ending injury and one that could paralyze him if he gets hit just right.( more so than any other player)

They succeeded in the fact that LJ was in camp before the season and now Priest will have all the time he wants to spend with his family. I just think it was a chicken **** way to get a guy into camp. That's why I am leaning towards Priest feeling a little guilty for being paid for the last two years. Carl, well, he is just a scumbag that has worn out his welcome.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 12:03 PM

My opinion is that all who were involved knew he wasn't going to play. His doc's cleared him and then it was a big mystery as to why he still wasn't given the oppurtunity. Two possibilities here: either Carl paid him to come out and make a situation out of this or he thought he owed it to Carl to put some pressure on LJ because he had been paid for the last 2 years to do nothing!

Now, if Priest ends up playing somewhere else, then I might reconsider my thoughts but I don't believe anyone is going to take a chance on an older RB that has been out of the league for 2 seasons with a possible career ending injury and one that could paralyze him if he gets hit just right.( more so than any other player)

They succeeded in the fact that LJ was in camp before the season and now Priest will have all the time he wants to spend with his family. I just think it was a chicken **** way to get a guy into camp. That's why I am leaning towards Priest feeling a little guilty for being paid for the last two years. Carl, well, he is just a scumbag that has worn out his welcome.

No argument there. I won't propose to know what is in the mind of Priest though.

tornadospotter
09-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Maybe Carl gets paid by HBO for more drama and excitement he can bring to Hard Knocks.

swmochiefsfan
09-04-2007, 12:17 PM

You make some great points and you're dead on in my book, CP, what a dick. Messing with peoples lives and paycheck's for what, a little extra cash or just to get LJ into camp, there are civil ways to go about things. What CP did for attendance and the chiefs in general early on can not be ignored and for that I always kinda respected him, but after the way he has handled things these past few seaons........ I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his guts were on fire!!!!!!!!!! Dont mean to rant but poor desicions affect my mood after awhile. Just my opinion anyway.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 12:23 PM
You make some great points and you're dead on in my book, CP, what a dick. Messing with peoples lives and paycheck's for what, a little extra cash or just to get LJ into camp, there are civil ways to go about things. What CP did for attendance and the chiefs in general early on can not be ignored and for that I always kinda respected him, but after the way he has handled things these past few seaons........ I wouldn't piss in his mouth if his guts were on fire!!!!!!!!!! Dont mean to rant but poor desicions affect my mood after awhile. Just my opinion anyway.

...One that is shared by most I believe.

peekaboo224
09-05-2007, 07:09 AM
I was really hoping to see Priest back this year. I have LJ on my fantasy league so I guess I won't have to worry about them sharing the ball and maybe I will kick some tail. Give LJ the ball all the time.

Canada
09-05-2007, 07:54 AM

Chiefs fans did that...not CP!! :bananen_smilies046:

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Chiefs fans did that...not CP!! :bananen_smilies046:
Maybe so but where were those fans when Arrowhead wasn't selling out. Then again I didn't go to my first game till a couple of years ago and I only live about 130 miles due south,but I wasn't making any money then either, perhaps you're right.

Canada
09-05-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm just saying that I will go see the Chiefs, not CP, not matter what!!

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Well now that I can totally agree with

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm just saying that I will go see the Chiefs, not CP, not matter what!!

In fact if CP wasn't there I believe would provide increased motivation to attend said games. :lol:

Canada
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
In fact if CP wasn't there I believe would provide increased motivation to attend said games. :lol:

We would have a better team!! :beer:

Chiefster
09-06-2007, 11:07 PM
We would have a better team!! :beer:

My point exactly! :)

sling58
09-07-2007, 07:57 AM
My point exactly! :)

Yeah what he said!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah what he said!

...What he said that I said!

sling58
09-07-2007, 11:51 AM
...What he said that I said!

Exactly, like I said what he said I said! Whoa head spinning!

Chiefster
09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Exactly, like I said what he said I said! Whoa head spinning!

sling58 Johnson is right....!

nfler4
09-23-2007, 02:42 PM
:fatlock:
The Chiefs placed Priest Holmes on the Non-Football Injury list today, ending his season. The whole Holmes saga was bizarre and this could be an appropriate, if sad, ending to his career. We believe Holmes won't get paid now, and he's not eligible to play elsewhere.

Shame on the Chiefs for doing this to Priest. Larry Johnson does'nt give a **** about the team, only money:fatlock:.
PRIEST IS THE HEART OF THE TEAM!!!!!:mob:
Source: Rotoworld.com (http://rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=KC)

YMIAchiefsFAN
09-23-2007, 03:12 PM
IS LJ overrated without a good O-line ???
some quick math... he is paid approximately 450,000 per game... Take off his stupid penalties, and he (as of this message, 108 yards of 3 games. This is $13,000 per yard. Money would have been better spent on a great Offensive Line, with an 12 year old grade running back behind them. What happened to LJ???

chief31
09-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey, YMIAChiefsfan, we are having some gametime chat, in the shoutbox, just scroll to the bottom of this page, if you want to join us.

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 07:45 PM
QUIT BLAMING THIS ON THE WRONG PEOPLE. You know that LJ hates priest and felt like he lost some years due to priest's success.

LJ (no i wasnt there, i just KNOW THESE THINGS) wasn't going to sign a contract if he had to worry about sharing the ball with Priest again.

truth is, LJ is not a good running back. He got "too big" for his position. He lacks mobility, cannot cut good. In other words, the only way LJ picks up yardage is if he has an extremely good offensive line giving him free yards.

so this is what it has come to. Chiefs will only win games if their passing game is on the money. Bennett is an ok runner, but LJ just simply is not a good back. He is slow and very immoble.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 07:54 PM
QUIT BLAMING THIS ON THE WRONG PEOPLE. You know that LJ hates priest and felt like he lost some years due to priest's success.

LJ (no i wasnt there, i just KNOW THESE THINGS) wasn't going to sign a contract if he had to worry about sharing the ball with Priest again.

truth is, LJ is not a good running back. He got "too big" for his position. He lacks mobility, cannot cut good. In other words, the only way LJ picks up yardage is if he has an extremely good offensive line giving him free yards.

so this is what it has come to. Chiefs will only win games if their passing game is on the money. Bennett is an ok runner, but LJ just simply is not a good back. He is slow and very immoble.

If they didn't try to run him into a brick wall he would have so many more yards.

LJ is no joke.

rbedgood
09-23-2007, 08:03 PM
LJ isn't Barry Sanders...he's a power back...Timsat...by your logic Jerome Bettis is the worst RB ever...c'mon, not all guys are the same, but LJ is a great RB...

timsatt1
09-23-2007, 08:32 PM
c'mon, not all guys are the same, but LJ is a great RB...

:sign0098: :yahoo: yeah all right buddy, tell me that after this season is over. All his success lies in had played for a great o line for one season. He is done. Time will tell, so I really should not laugh at you yet. But he is not good.

m0ef0e
09-23-2007, 09:12 PM
:sign0098: :yahoo: yeah all right buddy, tell me that after this season is over. All his success lies in had played for a great o line for one season. He is done. Time will tell, so I really should not laugh at you yet. But he is not good.

LJ will get it going. Right now, he is not crashing into the line of scrimmage because he is waiting for blocking. With the current o-line we have, LJ would be better served to just hit the handoff and beyond full-speed like he did at the beginning of his career. He'll figure it out.

tornadospotter
09-23-2007, 11:39 PM
LJ will get it going. Right now, he is not crashing into the line of scrimmage because he is waiting for blocking. With the current o-line we have, LJ would be better served to just hit the handoff and beyond full-speed like he did at the beginning of his career. He'll figure it out.
I agree, I just hope when he does start crashing into the line he does'nt hurt any of our weak O-Line.

hermhater
09-23-2007, 11:40 PM
I agree, I just hope when he does start crashing into the line he does'nt hurt any of our weak O-Line.

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!

That is classic!

DrunkHillbilly
09-23-2007, 11:59 PM
Nobody could run behind this line!!!!!

stlchief
09-24-2007, 12:12 AM
I would even go so far as to say it is not the lines fault. They are not the same as they were 2 & 3 yrs ago, but they are good. Not HOF across the board, but good. Take a good line, send a telegram to the defense you will run on 1st and 2nd down no matter what, scouts honor, and see how many yards any RB would get.

And the idea of 13k per yard is ignorant. If you do that, you can look at any star's stats and show they are not "worth it". If the team wins & makes $, that is the gauge....

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 12:14 AM
this is not a bad o-line. They only allowed one sac on huard today. the problem lies within #1 playcalling #2 the running back's ability

hermhater
09-24-2007, 12:18 AM
this is not a bad o-line. They only allowed one sac on huard today. the problem lies within #1 playcalling #2 the running back's ability

Agree with all except the running back. This dude can run over people, it's just hard to do while you're receiving the hand off!

DrunkHillbilly
09-24-2007, 12:25 AM

Uhhhh...did you see how many times he was tackled in the backfield before he could take 2 steps? They were in our backfield ALL DAY!!! Absolutley NO push from our O line. I might add that Bennett was also hunted down in the backfield a few times today as well. The line can't create running lanes which is their job.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Uhhhh...did you see how many times he was tackled in the backfield before he could take 2 steps? They were in our backfield ALL DAY!!! Absolutley NO push from our O line. I might add that Bennett was also hunted down in the backfield a few times today as well. The line can't create running lanes which is their job.

yes, with 8 guys on the line....so the times he was tackled in the backfield, i blame on the playcalling, not running screen passes during those plays. The other plays, I blame on Larry Johnson being a tall, big guy with no mobility.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 12:36 AM
yes, with 8 guys on the line....so the times he was tackled in the backfield, i blame on the playcalling, not running screen passes during those plays. The other plays, I blame on Larry Johnson being a tall, big guy with no mobility.

Larry can run the ball. He has the most yardage after contact (YAC) than any other player in the league.

HERM is killing this guy with his play calling.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 12:38 AM
Larry can run the ball. He has the most yardage after contact (YAC) than any other player in the league.

ok ok i give in, ill quit hating. you are right about the play calling. Let's see if we can't get this #$# turned around. Mix up the plays Herm! The whole world can read your mind and your thoughts before you even think them.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 12:41 AM

I agree with this point completely. However if that big run with the downfield holding hadn't been called back I'm wondering if the momentum with the running game might've improved. Guess we'll never know, but I'm thinking next week will be a good one for the KC offense and LJ. The over-aggressive SD front seven can be very dangerous, but can also be beat.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 12:44 AM
I agree with this point completely. However if that big run with the downfield holding hadn't been called back I'm wondering if the momentum with the running game might've improved. Guess we'll never know, but I'm thinking next week will be a good one for the KC offense and LJ. The over-aggressive SD front seven can be very dangerous, but can also be beat.

our gameplan against san diego SHOULD be screen pass, screen pass, screen pass...occasional run, occasional pass down field.

unfortunately, i think we will see more of the same. I am an optomist, but even more so, I am a realist.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 12:46 AM
our gameplan against san diego SHOULD be screen pass, screen pass, screen pass...occasional run, occasional pass down field.

unfortunately, i think we will see more of the same. I am an optomist, but even more so, I am a realist.

Hey I'm a realist too, that is why we are all here having this conversation.

HERM can't be that blind can he?

Let's wait and see

DrunkHillbilly
09-24-2007, 12:48 AM

Do you mean 8 guys in the box? (defense)? Yea, let's run a screen with 8 in the box. We will be searching for a new RB because all of our will be decapitated!

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Do you mean 8 guys in the box? (defense)? Yea, let's run a screen with 8 in the box. We will be searching for a new RB because all of our will be decapitated!

A screen doesn't have to be to LJ...a WR screen can be even more effective against a blitz than a HB screen. Although giving LJ the ball on the outside with LBs like Merriman who'll chase the QB almost everytime will get him big yardage, not decapitated.

stlchief
09-24-2007, 01:13 AM

DrunkHillbilly: If there are 8 guys on the line of scrimmage, you need 5 HOF'ers, plus a good tight end & pro-bowl fullback to "create running lanes". This is not the #1 o-line in the league, but they are good. Throw a couple of times on first down, pick up some yards, make 'em keep a linebacker or two playing off the line, then the running lanes come...

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:16 AM
DrunkHillbilly: If there are 8 guys on the line of scrimmage, you need 5 HOF'ers, plus a good tight end & pro-bowl fullback to "create running lanes". This is not the #1 o-line in the league, but they are good. Throw a couple of times on first down, pick up some yards, make 'em keep a linebacker or two playing off the line, then the running lanes come...

well the stat speaks for itself, huard sacked only once.

The o line played well, playcalling is the #1 problem

and i am still not convinced that LJ is good. sorry, i wish i was. Priest was always my hero. Ill admit, LJs attitude takes away the likeability factor for me...and his rapping, priest hating, dick vermeil hating, etc.

but even taking all that away, and trying to give a fair, non-biased opinion, and even throwing in the AWEFUL playcalling, :mob: I just don't see LJ as a good running back.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:21 AM
well the stat speaks for itself, huard sacked only once.

The o line played well, playcalling is the #1 problem

and i am still not convinced that LJ is good. sorry, i wish i was. Priest was always my hero. Ill admit, LJs attitude takes away the likeability factor for me...and his rapping, priest hating, dick vermeil hating, etc.

but even taking all that away, and trying to give a fair, non-biased opinion, and even throwing in the AWEFUL playcalling, :mob: I just don't see LJ as a good running back.

Opinions are like a$$holes, etc....

LJ has been hampered by the coaches since he got into the NFL.

If ANY team could call plays like this and have a running back do well I would be amazed.

If you tell everyone in a press conference that you're gonna stuff the ball into LJ's arms and run it up the middle they are listening just like me!!!!

HERM doesn't even try to hide his intentions from other players!

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Opinions are like a$, etc....

LJ has been hampered by the coaches since he got into the NFL.

If ANY team could call plays like this and have a running back do well I would be amazed.

If you tell everyone in a press conference that you're gonna stuff the ball into LJ's arms and run it up the middle they are listening just like me!!!!

HERM doesn't even try to hide his intentions from other players!

well not only do my opinions say he is not a good running back

the facts AKA stats tell the same story.

but again, it is early in the season. so i hope that i am wrong and that i eat my words later. Time will tell. We shall see if anything changes against the SD CHargers.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:27 AM
well not only do my opinions say he is not a good running back

the facts AKA stats tell the same story.

but again, it is early in the season. so i hope that i am wrong and that i eat my words later. Time will tell. We shall see if anything changes against the SD CHargers.

Hey noone is arguing his stats are poor. Look anywhere you want.

The argument is that he is getting crappy play calling.

The NFL is about subtlety, and diversion.

You can't have a one dimensional ANYTHING!

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:30 AM

^^ i agree.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 01:43 AM

wow, so Stephen Jackson & Frank Gore suck too!?! Seriously there isn't a RB in the history of the NFL, except Barry Sanders who could excel with a lousy O-line. Most great RBs were assisted largely by very good O-line play (Emmitt Smith, Priest Holmes, Walter Payton, Marcus Allen, etc.)

As for the fact that there was only 1 sack, pass blocking and run blocking are two entirely different skills. Most offensive linemen prefer run blocking as it puts them in the position of being the aggressor, however it also requires them to move their opponent rather than just stay in front of him. Clearly the KC line is having difficulty in winning the battle when they are required to move 8 opponents...on passing downs not all 8 guys in the box are rushing the passer...so the argument that they held up the pass rush isn't a full comparison.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:45 AM
wow, so Stephen Jackson & Frank Gore suck too!?! Seriously there isn't a RB in the history of the NFL, except Barry Sanders who could excel with a lousy O-line. Most great RBs were assisted largely by very good O-line play (Emmitt Smith, Priest Holmes, Walter Payton, Marcus Allen, etc.)

As for the fact that there was only 1 sack, pass blocking and run blocking are two entirely different skills. Most offensive linemen prefer run blocking as it puts them in the position of being the aggressor, however it also requires them to move their opponent rather than just stay in front of him. Clearly the KC line is having difficulty in winning the battle when they are required to move 8 opponents...on passing downs not all 8 guys in the box are rushing the passer...so the argument that they held up the pass rush isn't a full comparison.

ok, i wont argue against that. I am slightly biased, as i do not really like Larry Johnson...from things i have read about him and heard from his own mouth.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:47 AM
ok, i wont argue against that. I am slightly biased, as i do not really like Larry Johnson...from things i have read about him and heard from his own mouth.

Take your pick about players that I don't like, but what matters is what is good for the Chiefs.

The fanbase is what keeps teams alive. If no one shows up for the games, most players don't feel motivated.

Don't base your criticism on a players attitude. You can hate them as a person, but love them as a player.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:47 AM

speaking of barry saunders, who was born and raised here in my hometown of wichita, kansas, has been doing local commercials here...and i must say....he was the greatest running back ever....but TERRIBLE actor/commentator.

he was not meant to talk on tv.

timsatt1
09-24-2007, 01:50 AM
Take your pick about players that I don't like, but what matters is what is good for the Chiefs.

The fanbase is what keeps teams alive. If no one shows up for the games, most players don't feel motivated.

Don't base your criticism on a players attitude. You can hate them as a person, but love them as a player.

yes, but there are many players that i LOVE as a player similiar to johnson...such as owens and moss.

but i dont see johnson making great cuts OR overpowering anyone.

i just never saw anything special in him really. that is outside of my biast opinions for him. take away the biast....and what has he done really?

yeah i was a huge fan when he replaced priest and was doing well for the rest of that season. but last year, where he was the full time starter, he didnt impress me. he had the most carries in the nfl...but big deal, he wasnt averaging an insane amount of yards...

..but i will leave this end of the argument open...the playcalling is not helping his case...so maybe he is better than i see he is. time will tell. im open minded. i can be wrong. i have been wrong before.

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:54 AM
yes, but there are many players that i LOVE as a player similiar to johnson...such as owens and moss.

but i dont see johnson making great cuts OR overpowering anyone.

i just never saw anything special in him really. that is outside of my biast opinions for him. take away the biast....and what has he done really?

yeah i was a huge fan when he replaced priest and was doing well for the rest of that season. but last year, where he was the full time starter, he didnt impress me. he had the most carries in the nfl...but big deal, he wasnt averaging an insane amount of yards...

..but i will leave this end of the argument open...the playcalling is not helping his case...so maybe he is better than i see he is. time will tell. im open minded. i can be wrong. i have been wrong before.

You think LJ wasn't watching and learning from Priest?

He is ready to follow his blockers.

It would be nice to see him run outside a few times.

Banging your head against a brick wall is what HERM is doing to him.

rbedgood
09-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Herm could call the same play...and change the formation and it would go a long way to improving the results...running up the middle is fine, but reduce the hats in the box, especially for a larger power runner. If you spread Bowe out to one side and a Parker/Webb to the other (Kennison when he returns) you force the defense to move someone (likely the safety that they've been putting in the box) out on the extra WR. Putting TG split out wide would only enhance this effort...then run LJ up the gut and you go somewhere...or

hermhater
09-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Herm could call the same play...and change the formation and it would go a long way to improving the results...running up the middle is fine, but reduce the hats in the box, especially for a larger power runner. If you spread Bowe out to one side and a Parker/Webb to the other (Kennison when he returns) you force the defense to move someone (likely the safety that they've been putting in the box) out on the extra WR. Putting TG split out wide would only enhance this effort...then run LJ up the gut and you go somewhere...or

I'm with you there guy.

Why can't this HERM guy look at other teams/defenses/offenses and get a clue?

I know I am not a football genius but EVEN I know that!

DrunkHillbilly
09-24-2007, 11:23 AM

I don't disagree with your statement but are you telling me that the RB wasn't getting hit two steps after the hand off?

DrunkHillbilly
09-24-2007, 11:28 AM
A screen doesn't have to be to LJ...a WR screen can be even more effective against a blitz than a HB screen. Although giving LJ the ball on the outside with LBs like Merriman who'll chase the QB almost everytime will get him big yardage, not decapitated.

I understand you thoughts but a true screen is to the RB. As far as giving LJ the ball on the outside, LB's are not the only one's in the box when they bring 8 or 9. You know those corners will be waiting in the wings for that play. I agree that we should use it once in a while but I think it all starts up front with the line creating lanes for the RB so we can have a few different dimensions to our offense.

DrunkHillbilly
09-24-2007, 11:39 AM

This is a point that I have been trying to make for years!!!! However, I was making it due to the fact that we have not had more than one WR and TG for years. When you don't have those weapons on the outside, nobody fears them therefore loading the box! Parker and Webb, if they can catch two balls a piece a game, 1st, I will be surprised, but even this would help now that it looks like Bowe may be the real deal. Giving the D more than one dimension to focus on is the key here and if the line can learn to create a hole once in a while, we may not be far off from getting things together.

On a side note, I hope that after the *** chewin that LJ and Huard gave the coaches, maybe the play calling will change a little!

Chiefster
09-24-2007, 11:52 PM

Exactly! Spreading the defense could do wonders for the running game.

rbedgood
09-25-2007, 01:43 AM
Exactly! Spreading the defense could do wonders for the running game.

Especially considering LJ is a power-back. We can leave the argument as to whether he is any good to another thread, the fact is whether you like him or not, you can admit running over people is more in his skill set than running around them. The fewer the people, the better the results...

hermhater
09-25-2007, 01:48 AM
Especially considering LJ is a power-back. We can leave the argument as to whether he is any good to another thread, the fact is whether you like him or not, you can admit running over people is more in his skill set than running around them. The fewer the people, the better the results...

Good to see you're paying attention Joe lover.

If other teams are scared of our other weapons they will respect them and double cover them leaving less men in the box.

(I loved Joe too.)

Chiefster
09-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Exactly! Priest Holmes he is not.

chief31
10-26-2007, 11:54 AM

DING DING, DING, DING!!!!!!!

Here, have some crow hillbilly!!!!!!!

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Clarification????????

chief31
10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Clarification????????

Don't worry about it. Like I said before, some people just refuse to admit that they were wrong.

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Don't worry about it. Like I said before, some people just refuse to admit that they were wrong.
Can't explain it huh?

chief31
10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Can't explain it huh?

Fine.

Two possibilities here: either Carl paid him to come out and make a situation out of this or he thought he owed it to Carl to put some pressure on LJ because he had been paid for the last 2 years to do nothing!

No chance that Priest wanted to play football?

They succeeded in the fact that LJ was in camp before the season and now Priest will have all the time he wants to spend with his family. I just think it was a chicken **** way to get a guy into camp.

And... No chance that Priest wanted to play football?

Can you say "DEE-DEE-DEE!"?

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Your soooooo easy!! Still think before it is all said and done, he will spend plenty of time with his kids. I think it's great he's giving it the ole college try though. I would be thrilled if it worked out and he actually made a significant improvement to the team. If this happens, plate it up!! Nothing like a good fowl!

chief31
10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Clarification????????

Your soooooo easy!! Still think before it is all said and done, he will spend plenty of time with his kids. I think it's great he's giving it the ole college try though. I would be thrilled if it worked out and he actually made a significant improvement to the team. If this happens, plate it up!! Nothing like a good fowl!

You listed what you said were the only possibilities for why Priest was returning, and Priest came up with one that you didn't list as possible. You were wrong.

The fact is that you are just one of those people who nevr admits it. Even if Priest won an MVP and a Super Bowl ring, this season, I have to think that you woulod still find a way to say "I figured that might happen."

Just like the statment about how you would be defending LJs Cadillac-like numbers. I said it, you did it, then said something to the effect of " I meant at the end of the year". All the while, defending his very Caddilac-like numbers.

chief31
10-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Clarification????????

You listed what you said were the only possibilities for why Priest was returning, and Priest came up with one that you didn't list as possible. You were wrong.

The fact is that you are just one of those people who nevr admits it. Even if Priest won an MVP and a Super Bowl ring, this season, I have to think that you woulod still find a way to say "I figured that might happen."

Just like the statment about how you would be defending LJs Cadillac-like numbers. I said it, you did it, then said something to the effect of " I meant at the end of the year". All the while, defending his very Caddilac-like numbers.

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 12:42 PM

Do you ever do a comparison before the end of something? I don't! I guess LT wasn't as good as everyone thought either because after the first couple of weeks he was about 30th in the RB rankings!

There are a lot of guys that want to still play football! Then there are guys who think they can still play football and end up with injuries that hamper them for the rest of their lives!!! I hope Priest is not one of them! GET IT???????

chief31
10-26-2007, 12:44 PM
Do you ever do a comparison before the end of something? I don't! I guess LT wasn't as good as everyone thought either because after the first couple of weeks he was about 30th in the RB rankings!

There are a lot of guys that want to still play football! Then there are guys who think they can still play football and end up with injuries that hamper them for the rest of their lives!!! I hope Priest is not one of them! GET IT???????

Were you defending LJs poor numbers?

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Were you defending LJs poor numbers?
No, but you said you thought Cadillac would have better numbers than LJ. Tough to compare before the end of the year because of obvious reasons at this point wouldn't ya say?

chief31
10-26-2007, 01:28 PM
No, but you said you thought Cadillac would have better numbers than LJ. Tough to compare before the end of the year because of obvious reasons at this point wouldn't ya say?

Don't want to dig it up right now, but it was more like

"...And you will be defending LJs Cadillac-like numbers."

Based on the fact that our offensive line wasn't addressed properly. The insenuation of Cadillac-like numbers was also clearly aimed at his '06 numbers. Seeing as how his '06 numbers were so dissapointing.

I have no problem cutting you some slack on that one, because the year is far from over. But The fact that you were so staunchly defending LJs poor numbers was clearly within my predictions.:D

By the way everyone... I think Hillbilly and I are done fighting. All the kids are welcome to return to the room now.:D

hermhater
10-26-2007, 01:31 PM
It is weird to go back and read some of these opinions, man.

I know there is such a thing as a Homer, but what fan really talks about his team like some people in this thread have?

I call for a sweeping removal of some of these guys CHIEFS FANCARD!!!!

chief31
10-26-2007, 01:43 PM
Hate to say it it but I knew it was a ploy all along! Besides Rod Graves for the Cardinals, Peterson is the worst GM in the game!! I even think Priest knew what was going on. No way was he ever going to play! Pretty cheese dick way to try and get a guy to end a hold out!

How about this one, hillbilly? Can I get you to have a tasty wing for this one?

luv
10-26-2007, 01:45 PM
It is weird to go back and read some of these opinions, man.

I know there is such a thing as a Homer, but what fan really talks about his team like some people in this thread have?

I call for a sweeping removal of some of these guys CHIEFS FANCARD!!!!
You can root for a team and be a realist at the same time. It's possible.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 01:50 PM
You can root for a team and be a realist at the same time. It's possible.

The reality is some of these guys were bashing Priest from the beginning of the thread, without regard to his ability to mount a comeback.

P!isses me of when people think they can know another persons mind.

And what did you do to run off Sweets? :lol: :D

chief31
10-26-2007, 01:52 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!:funnypost: :lol:

luv
10-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Simply stated an opinion that differed from hers. That seems to be a very unpopular thing to do around here. Some people might say it makes me less of a fan or threaten to take my fancard away.

hermhater
10-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Simply stated an opinion that differed from hers. That seems to be a very unpopular thing to do around here. Some people might say it makes me less of a fan or threaten to take my fancard away.

What was said opinion?

Just saying that you like the Chiefs, and then spouting off at the mouth about how they will suck is not a FAN where I come from.

And I come from the home of the Chiefs!

And I don't actually recall you not being a Homer.

Should I be looking for some past statements that I haven't read?

:sign0153: :beer: :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
If you dig deep enough, then you will find negativity from juast about everyone on here. I was the lead pessemist for a long time.

luv
10-26-2007, 02:17 PM
What was said opinion?

Just saying that you like the Chiefs, and then spouting off at the mouth about how they will suck is not a FAN where I come from.

I didn't know you were from Texas. You say you're from KC all the time. Does that make you a better fan?

I'm not a Homer. I can logically point out what I think are faults in the team, and have them just be an opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still root for my team, regardless.

I didnt think Priest would come back.

luv
10-26-2007, 02:19 PM
What was said opinion?

Forgot the first question.

She came on here after our horrid loss to Houston complaining about how bad her 49ers played, and they won! I thought it was a bit tacky and rude to do something like that, and I let her know.

chief31
10-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I didn't know you were from Texas. You say you're from KC all the time. Does that make you a better fan?

I'm not a Homer. I can logically point out what I think are faults in the team, and have them just be an opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I still root for my team, regardless.

Yes. Being accused of being a lesser fan gets irritating. I don't think HH means it to be that serious though, considering his anti-Huard stance, when he first arrived.

<wink,wink>

hermhater
10-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Chiefs have been in KC since I was born here.

They don't live in Texas anymore girly.

I also point out what I see as faults with OUR Chiefs.

I generally try to refrain from talking smack about the players (not referring to anything you have said in particular luv), because I can feel their pain when they are losing.

I have had to deal with p!ss poor game management for so long, I don't usually ever blame a player for a poor performance (exception Drummond, come on man do something with the returns!) when he is hamstrung by management.

Just didn't realize how down the fans were on the Chiefs before I got here.

Guys it was kind of an eye opener.

Not much of that going around here in KC.

GO CHIEFS!!!1

:beer:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes. Being accused of being a lesser fan gets irritating. I don't think HH means it to be that serious though, considering his anti-Huard stance, when he first arrived.

<wink,wink>

I don't consider anyone a lesser fan.

It seems like everyone on here has more Chiefs items, apparel, and has gone to more games than me.

I haven't really been able to afford a game since I was lucky enough to get a discount from my ex GF's brother about 5 years ago.

I don't have a problem with Huard. I have a problem with HERM starting Huard. He is a great back up that any team would love to have.

Just not what I see as the future of the Chiefs.

And I am just giving you guys some guff about previous statements.

Not much else to do with the Chiefs in the bye week and all.

:sign0098:

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 08:54 PM
How about this one, hillbilly? Can I get you to have a tasty wing for this one?
Maybe a the small part!!

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 08:57 PM
The reality is some of these guys were bashing Priest from the beginning of the thread, without regard to his ability to mount a comeback.

P!isses me of when people think they can know another persons mind.

Come on Herm, just say my name. I can handle it!!!:lol:

hermhater
10-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Come on Herm, just say my name. I can handle it!!!:lol:

It was more than just you DH! :lol:

I gave quite a few people some crow to eat today!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/301.jpg

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 09:11 PM

I don't do collard greens!!

hermhater
10-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I don't do collard greens!!

OK then!

This is probably a little bit more your style!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/303.jpg

DrunkHillbilly
10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Where's my dress?

Chiefster
10-26-2007, 09:36 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!! CROW!

hermhater
10-26-2007, 09:41 PM
Where's my dress?

Here's a Crow in a dress!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2007/10/320.jpg

rbedgood
10-27-2007, 01:40 AM
Forgot the first question.

She came on here after our horrid loss to Houston complaining about how bad her 49ers played, and they won! I thought it was a bit tacky and rude to do something like that, and I let her know.

And then Sweets took off right before we got the details of the mud wrestling match settled. :yahoo:

hermhater
10-27-2007, 01:42 AM
And then Sweets took off right before we got the details of the mud wrestling match settled. :yahoo:

???????????

Please tell....

:sign0153: