PDA

View Full Version : 1st round pick

AussieChiefsFan
12-09-2009, 03:22 AM
IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.:bananen_smilies046:

Im not 100% sure what they should do but this could be a start.

I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!

pbatrucker
12-09-2009, 04:31 AM
IMO our 1st or 2nd round pick should be a good QB next year if Cassell doesnt step up, I mean he's a good player 'n' all but a good rookie QB would be nice. Mybe they could release Matt Gutierrez or keep him if having 4 QB's is OK.:bananen_smilies046:

I mean if we draft a QB he doesn't need to be a 1st, 2nd or even maybe a 3rd round pick. Guess what: Tom Brady was a 5th round pick!
It's too early to give up on Cassel and we have too many other needs to worry about a QB now.

AussieChiefsFan
12-09-2009, 04:49 AM
It's too early to give up on Cassel and we have too many other needs to worry about a QB now.
Like the O-line.......

pbatrucker
12-09-2009, 08:22 AM
Like the O-line.......
Yes, Ol,DB,Saftey, LB, WR and RB.

yashi
12-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Too much invested in Cassel to give another QB a huge contract.

Argo
12-09-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't believe that any of the 2010 draft class QBs can do better than Cassel with our O-line, I really like Okung or maybe Rolando McClain for our first pick ... or maybe Berry. So many needs ... =(

KottkeKU
12-09-2009, 03:27 PM
i would take Okung or Berry at this point....Berry first. An Ed Reed or Polamalu esque player would do wonders for this defense, and thats what he is supposed to be... it may change come April, and with our current OLine sitch, i certainly wouldnt mind to see us take an O Lineman with our first round choice... but a QB? cmon, even with our second pick, for the reasons listed already, that would be a mistake... it is unfair to judge anyone on this season alone imo, coaches included...

edit: except for Tim Krumrie, get him out... we need our D-Line to have better results, they get pushed around every year...

70 chiefsfan70
12-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I like Berry first, even though im not convinced that Cassel is the Man to lead.

yashi
12-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Berry for sure here as well, then Okung. Flowers needs to stop ending up 1 on 1 with his man 50 yards downfield. Berry would punish teams for going deep.

figcrostic
12-09-2009, 05:15 PM

I just made a thread days ago saying we should use our extra 2nd to pick up a qb, but even if Cassel does okay we should he's almost 28 years old, he has maybe what 5 years left if that the amount of sacks he gets, we could pick up a good QB in the draft and have him learn the system well and let him be mentored.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2009, 05:20 PM
I just made a thread days ago saying we should use our extra 2nd to pick up a qb, but even if Cassel does okay we should he's almost 28 years old, he has maybe what 5 years left if that the amount of sacks he gets, we could pick up a good QB in the draft and have him learn the system well and let him be mentored.

5 Years would be a long time for a guy to sit on the sideline. I think QB is one of the least postions that the Chiefs need to draft at this point. Ol and any one who can help with the pass rush thats what they need to look at in the draft IMO

figcrostic
12-09-2009, 05:42 PM
5 Years would be a long time for a guy to sit on the sideline. I think QB is one of the least postions that the Chiefs need to draft at this point. Ol and any one who can help with the pass rush thats what they need to look at in the draft IMO

Im not saying that he needs to sit for 5 years, but that's all Cassel has if he is good, this is all a game of chance Cassel might not work out, and we trade him 3 years in then what? Or he might start for the next 5 years, and take us to the superbowl, but we have a solid backup either way we win Cassel sat on the bench for what 3 years, so did Rich Gannon, Trent was 4 years, so 5 isn't a crazy amount of time, but that wasn't what I meant.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-09-2009, 07:08 PM
Boy what a genius idea! Draft a quarterback after trading away your second round pick for one, and then giving him a six year deal!

Such brilliant thinking reminds me of the stalwarts of strategy that got this team to perennial losers.

Carl? Is that you? Did Bill Kuharich tell you this was a good idea? Maybe we should trade all of our picks for that Tebow kid.

AussieChiefsFan
12-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Yes, Ol,DB,Saftey, LB, WR and RB.
IMO Jamaal Charles is good enouph to lead the running game.

Although with Kolby smith out for once again, the rest of the season maybe we do need a good solid Rookie RB like charles was last year. (and yes I do think he wasa good last year)

fairladyZ
12-10-2009, 01:49 AM

Although with Kolby smith out for once again, the rest of the season maybe we do need a good solid Rookie RB like charles was last year. (and yes I do think he wasa good last year)

Kolby is doing very well but he is not and will not be a every down back. Just watching the games since he has taken over you can tell he is getting beat up and is starting to show it... He gets up slow from plays and doesn't have the pep he once did.
We had it perfect with LJ and Jamaal we just needed to fix the line and let JC run the ball abit more to mix it up.

AussieChiefsFan
12-10-2009, 01:53 AM
169468]Kolby is doing very well but he is not and will not be a every down back. Just watching the games since he has taken over you can tell he is getting beat up[/B] and is starting to show it... He gets up slow from plays and doesn't have the pep he once did.
We had it perfect with LJ and Jamaal we just needed to fix the line and let JC run the ball abit more to mix it up.
Just what I was thinking.

--You really think JC and LJ were a good match?

tornadospotter
12-10-2009, 02:31 AM
Just what I was thinking.

--You really think JC and LJ were a good match?
I do not!
Kolby showed a lot of promise, but he is done, he has gotten hurt to many times and RB's do not have much time to prove themselves worthy of keeping, maybe he will be, but I do not think he will be a Chief next season. JC can be very good, but dangit he needs to build up his arms and grip, so he doe'snt fumble!!!! We also need a TR type of FB. That is my thoughts, which are not maybe worth allot but they are mine. :11:

chief31
12-10-2009, 07:57 AM
How about if we draft a backup QB in the sixth round, like normal people do?

Not that I even really support that idea. But it is far better than throwing a 2nd round pick out ther for a backup.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-10-2009, 02:33 PM
How about if we draft a backup QB in the sixth round, like normal people do?

Not that I even really support that idea. But it is far better than throwing a 2nd round pick out ther for a backup.

Technically, we throu a 2nd rounder out there for a backup last spring.

zing!

We have a backup. His name is Brodie Croyle. He's the perfect backup, too. He's got a good arm, has some experience, but he won't be a starter because he can't take the wear and tear. the perfect candidate.

we definitely need a big, punishing running back to complement Jamaal charles, but you don't spend a first rounder on that. First of all, running backs just aren't good investments. they wear down too quickly.

And before everyone says "Adrian Peterson!!!" let me just say that AP is a freak, an anomaly, and maybe one of the best of all time. He also hasn't made it through a season without injury.

Some other first round running backs:

beanie wells - injury.
ronnie brown - injury
cadillac williams - injury
darren macfadden - injury
donald brown - injury
lawrence maroney - injury and sucks
cedric benson - dropped from team that drafted him.
LJ - injury.

there are much better values to be had in later rounds. You can pick up a running back in the third that has all the tools you want, but doesn't have 1st round speed. that's fine. you don't need him to run forty yards, just 4.6.

We could EASILY spend our first three picks on offensive line, and it wouldn't be wasted.

Of course, with the 31st ranked defense in the league and the likely 5th overall pick, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go defense again.

Three7s
12-10-2009, 03:02 PM

Jamaal would be good enough, but he just can't take the pounding. We absolutely have to get a power back. Preferably a lower round pick, since all I want is a guy who can read where the holes are, and to get that short yardage in such situations.

prough91
12-10-2009, 03:23 PM
I just reeeaaalllyyy hope we don't draft a guy thirteen places ahead of what he should be again.

fairladyZ
12-10-2009, 03:40 PM
the reason i say we had the perfect setup with LJ is because we cut him, let him clear waivers and we are STILL paying his 2 million... What we should have done is reduced his carries and let jamaal take more.

LJ could still power it in the gut and jamaal could get our running game going more with stretching it out, and also not take the pounding he is now... cuz honestly i don't know if he will make it till the end of teh season.

prough91
12-10-2009, 03:43 PM
the reason i say we had the perfect setup with LJ is because we cut him, let him clear waivers and we are STILL paying his 2 million... What we should have done is reduced his carries and let jamaal take more.

LJ could still power it in the gut and jamaal could get our running game going more with stretching it out, and also not take the pounding he is now... cuz honestly i don't know if he will make it till the end of teh season.

The only problem with that scenario is, when LJ ain't happy; LJ don't run. LJ was NOT happy here.

brockmcmanis
12-10-2009, 04:00 PM
qb? we need to worry about o-line and defensive secondary if we can fix that we should be ok? i want some input on this what does everyone think?

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
The only problem with that scenario is, when LJ ain't happy; LJ don't run. LJ was NOT happy here.

Exactly.

It doesn't matter what he does in cincy. In kansas city, he was all washed up.

they're better off taking a guy like Anthony Dixon, Jonathan Dwyer or Daniel Thomas (god help me, a Wildcat).

Somebody they can get in the fourth round to share the load.

josh1971
12-11-2009, 12:40 AM
qb? we need to worry about o-line and defensive secondary if we can fix that we should be ok? i want some input on this what does everyone think?

Offensive line is the #1 priority for this off season, as far as I'm concerned. With Brian waters and Branden Albert, we have two guys on the team worth keeping. The rest of them can go play elsewhere, or repair phones or whatever.

Defensive backs are also up there in the "to do" list.

I'm interested to see how Dorsey and Jackson will play on the line next year, but we need a major upgrade at NT. Tank Tyler was playing well, so we had to cut him.

Other things for the wish list: a power back, a speedy WR with hands made of glue, and a scary-fast OLB pass rusher to play opposite Hali.

jb

honda522
12-11-2009, 12:57 AM
I think we should trade down with someone. Get a few extra picks.
Then use our first round for an OL, then a second round for a saftey.

First, we move Albert back to his natural position and who we draft stick right next to him. Give Cassel superior protect on his back side.

Sense we traded down, we receive a later 1st round pick and a third round pick from who ever.

We use the second round pick from ATL, being as we lost our own second round pick with Cassel and Vrabel, to pick a saftey to take over for Mike Brown. Next year we will have Page back.

I would like to see our first 3rd round pick to pick up WR Danario Alexander, I like this kid, he looks good. Nice big and physical reciver. I don't see Chambers lasting many more years here. The our second 3rd round pick, we should get either another OL or get a RB.

We have alot holes to fill and we need the draft to help.

Hayvern
12-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Offensive line is the #1 priority for this off season, as far as I'm concerned. With Brian waters and Branden Albert, we have two guys on the team worth keeping. The rest of them can go play elsewhere, or repair phones or whatever.

I do not see any scenario that does not have us addressing OL heavily this off season. Even Waters is getting old and will soon be thinking of retiring, even if he comes back next year. He will get tired of losing, he has already made grumblings that he wants out.

josh1971
12-11-2009, 04:06 AM
I do not see any scenario that does not have us addressing OL heavily this off season. Even Waters is getting old and will soon be thinking of retiring, even if he comes back next year. He will get tired of losing, he has already made grumblings that he wants out.

Agreed- I can't see Waters wanting to hang around to do this for too many more seasons.

I was hopeful for a few of the guys we picked up in the offseason, but every one of them has turned out to have revealed why their original teams were willing to let them go. It's because they suck.

jb

fairladyZ
12-11-2009, 12:36 PM
for receiver i'm not sure if he is going to declare the draft this year or go back to school, but if he comes to the draft i want Austin Pettis from BSU. I live in Boise and watched all the games this kid plays and he is a very very good receiver.

6'3, 201 lbs, he is pretty quick not a burner but the kid has hands of glue, runs very very good routes and gets open. And i think he would be there at a late round pick, possibly 5th rounder.

If we want a burner we can get Titus Young from BSU, very good punt/kick return, very dangerous at that and very fast... His hands aren't as consistent as pettis but he's a little smaller and extremely fast, if he gets open nobody is catching him. he would probably even a later round pick potential

brockmcmanis
12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
what's with all the talk about rb's, don't anyone believe in charles he's got a huge heart and with a o line he could be unstoppable, we don't need rb's!!

matthewschiefs
12-11-2009, 04:29 PM
what's with all the talk about rb's, don't anyone believe in charles he's got a huge heart and with a o line he could be unstoppable, we don't need rb's!!

I think that a RB in the later rounds would be a good move for the chiefs. Yes Charles can be good but look at any good team they have a couple of good backs. Kolby could be good but he has gotten injured to much. So I would like to see a rb either signed or drafted to go with Charles.

Three7s
12-11-2009, 04:36 PM
You won't be saying that after Charles gets injured because of his poor durability.

MDChiefs!
12-11-2009, 04:39 PM
JC wont be able to carry the load by himself. I would like us to find someone later in the draft, maybe James Starks from Buffalo. Big, fast and experienced...if not maybe Javarris Williams or even Tim Castille are going to get the chance...

honda522
12-11-2009, 08:33 PM
We need a running back tandom like almost every other team out there. JC can't be an all down back, thats how Rb's careers end fast.

chief31
12-16-2009, 05:56 PM
I do not see any scenario that does not have us addressing OL heavily this off season.

I have thought that for several years now, and always get a surprise.:D

But I am not going to be too surprised this time.

I have already seen The Chiefs draft a S, WR and a DT before drafting a C, then trying, yet again, to get OTs in the sixth and seventh rounds.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM

Yes we love JC, he awesome but he's not a workhouse like LJ, he's not a 35+ carries a game type of guy, plus he's not big enough in short yard situations which is were we are getting killed at.

Argo
12-16-2009, 07:38 PM
1.- OT
2a.- NT - LB
2b.- OT- OG
3.-RB
4.- C
5a.-FS- SS
5b.-WR- TE
6.-WR (punt returner)
7.-OG

KottkeKU
12-17-2009, 02:12 AM
1st - SS / OL
2a - OL / SS
2b - WR
3 - TE / LB
4 - LB / Return Man
5 - Return Man / RB
6 - QB
7 - LB

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 02:23 AM
1st - SS / OL
2a - OL / SS
2b - WR
3 - TE / LB
4 - LB / Return Man
5 - Return Man / RB
6 - QB
7 - LB

This is how I would do it:

1st - OL
2nd A - TE
2nd B - SS / LB
3rd - Backup Return man (I think JC is a doing a good job)
4th - Backup RB
5th - QB
6th - WR
7th - OL

I might choose diiferent Positions in a few months but thats basically what id like to see drafted.

chief31
12-17-2009, 02:31 AM
This is how I would do it:

1st - OL
2nd A - TE
2nd B - SS / LB
3rd - Backup Return man (I think JC is a doing a good job)
4th - Backup RB
5th - QB
6th - WR
7th - OL

I might choose diiferent Positions in a few months but thats basically what id like to see drafted.

Just out of curiosity, do you like the majority of our O-line starters? Or are prioritizing backups at RB, KR, QB and WR higher than starting o-linemen?

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Just out of curiosity, do you like the majority of our O-line starters? Or are prioritizing backups at RB, KR, QB and WR higher than starting o-linemen?

Well I like Brian Waters.

?????

chief31
12-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Well I like Brian Waters.

?????

I like Waters, and hope he will still be here for a couple more years. And I also like Brandon Albert. It's just that I wonder if, seein as how you are a younger fan, maybe you just are unfamiliar with our o-line.

Most fans do tend to overlook those guys. Those are not the guys that get highlighted on the replays or anything.

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 02:49 AM
I like Waters, and hope he will still be here for a couple more years. And I also like Brandon Albert. It's just that I wonder if, seein as how you are a younger fan, maybe you just are unfamiliar with our o-line.

Most fans do tend to overlook those guys. Those are not the guys that get highlighted on the replays or anything.

Yup they are either the goats or the unsung hero's.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 03:37 AM

I like b.Albert too but I still think we need to improve our o-line.

texaschief
12-17-2009, 08:07 AM
Don't y'all think you should have a discussion about what free agents we could pick up to fill some of these positions first? You know, since free agency DOES come before the draft and HOPEFULLY we'll actually spend some money this off season instead of sitting on the most available cap space like we have the past two seasons.

This entire thread is moot considering we have NO FREAKIN IDEA what holes we're going to have left to fill in April.

Bradley, Chambers, and Wade are ALL unrestricted free agents next year. But, so are Brandon Marshall, Braylon Edwards, Miles Austin, and Vincent Jackson... so who do we re-sign or go after? Steve Breaston is also available from Arizona, but he's restricted.

No RBs or QBs to speak of who would suggest an upgrade over Cassel.

The O-line has some nice pieces out there if Pioli and Hunt are willing to open the pocket book. Niswanger is slated to be a FA... doubt he's re-signed.

Jahri Evans is unrestricted but will probably be franchised. He's probably the best guard in the league right now. If I were a betting man, I'd put a ton of money down betting that the Chiefs bring in Logan Mankins from New England. He's another great guard with ties to Pioli and Cassel. Willie Colon from Pittsburgh or Donald Penn from Tampa could be answers at one of the OT positions.

Defensive line has a couple answers available for the Chiefs as well.

Vince Wolfork is one of the premier NTs in the league. At 28 and with ties to Pioli, you can be assured that he and Seymour are at the top of Pioli's FA list this off season.

Linebackers will be plentiful this off season. Vrabel is slated to be a FA. Heading the class is Shawn Merriman. The speedy 3-4 LB has been tormenting the Chiefs for a few years now. His injury history is going to scare some teams off though. Carlos Dansby will be available again this year with ties to Haley and Pendergast, assuming the worst and that they're both still here... Derrick Johnson is also slated to be a free agent.

Not much out there in terms of DB help. Jarrad Page is slated to be a FA.

Antoine Bethea or Bob Sanders may be available from the Colts as they have a three headed monster at S with Marlin Jackson in the backfield as well. Look for one of the three to hit the market this off season and provide KC an answer at S if they want to take a gamble. Roman Harper from New Orleans compares well to Bethea. Great tacklers and great in run support while flying somewhat under the radar. Tyvon Branch from Oakland is someone I'd take a look at as well. There aren't too many free agents with NFL experience who are available at age 22. A couple others to look at would be Dawan Landry from Baltimore and Sean Jones from Philly.

Assuming I could get any of these free agents and knowing what will probably be available to me at the #5 pick in the draft, my primary focus would be on signing:

Logan Mankins-OG
Vince Wilfork-NT
Braylon Edwards-WR
Donald Penn-OT
Carlos Dansby-LB
Derrick Johnson-LB
Jarrad Page-S
Chris Chambers-WR
Antoine Bethea-S
Mark Bradley-WR

The O-line after these signings:
LT-Albert
RG-Waters
C-?
LG-Mankins
RT-Penn

WRs:
Bowe
Edwards
Chambers
Bradley

LBs:
Hali
Dansby
Johnson
Studebaker

Draft:
1-Gerald McCoy-NT (I have no illusions that we can Wilfork.) Suh, Berry, and the top OT will all be gone by the time we pick at #5. If you're going to build a dominant D-line, might as well do it right and get top 5 picks all the way across. I'd love to see Pioli trade up for Suh with that extra 2nd round pick available to him. Mark Ingram COULD work here as well.
2-Jermaine Gresham-TE I think Cottam can be that guy, but apparently, the coaches don't, so with Gonzo gone, Cassel needs another target with the amount of passes Haley requires. Gresham could be great if he stays healthy.
2b-Matt Tennant-C Last piece of the puzzle.
3-Myron Rolle-S By FAAAAR the smartest kid in this draft class... and he's a great athlete from FSU.
4-LeGarret Blount- Would've been a first round pick if not for the Boise incident. Kids make mistakes... he took his punishment and was rewarded for his amends by being reactivated when Oregon didn't necessarily need another RB in the fold.
5-Brandon Carter-OG why wait to draft Water's backup? Get him in the fold and let him learn from one of the best.

OL:
Albert
Waters
Tennant
Mankins
Penn

DL:
TJ #3 overall
McCoy #5-ish overall
Dorsey #5 overall

S:
Page
Bethea
Rolle

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Wow long post!! But ithink we have enough FA right now but well need some in the offseason.

pbatrucker
12-17-2009, 11:12 AM
TexasChief, I hear what you're saying but if 2010 is uncapped 2010 will suck as free agents are concered. I hope it is capped, for then we will find out if Hunt is serious about rebuilding.
But I have a lot of fun doing a mock draft every week. IMO a large number of under classmen are going to declare due to the possibility of a rookie salary cap, making this years draft very deep.

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 11:34 AM
TexasChief, I hear what you're saying but if 2010 is uncapped 2010 will suck as free agents are concered. I hope it is capped, for then we will find out if Hunt is serious about rebuilding.
But I have a lot of fun doing a mock draft every week. IMO a large number of under classmen are going to declare due to the possibility of a rookie salary cap, making this years draft very deep.

...This.

yashi
12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
I won't speculate on free agents because I think it's impossible to. If we could get Wilfork somehow, I would do cartwheels. I think Marshall without a doubt re-signs with the Broncos.

I have to be honest. If we miss out on both Berry and Okung, I'm going to be sweating. McCoy is an incredible talent, but I don't personally think he fits into our scheme/needs at all. Way too small to play nose tackle.

I was typing out my mock draft and realized it's pretty much exactly the same as the Walter Football one.

1. Russell Okung, LT (Oklahoma State) - I think the Lions pass on an OT yet again.
2a. Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M) - Need a pass rusher opposite Hali
2b. Brandon Spikes, ILB (Florida)
3. SS or C
4. Mitch Petrus, OG (Arkansas) - Waters eventual replacement
5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB (Oregon)
5b. Trindon Holliday, KR/PR (LSU) - Take some pressure off of Charles in the return game with the soon to be smallest player in the NFL.
6. Best CB Available

The main issue is that there is nobody I like as a nose tackle prospect in this entire class. Cody is a slob. I like Dan Williams, but he's reportedly been losing crazy weight and prefers to play at about 310 lbs now. I want a guy with incredible strength in the 325-350 range. Hopefully some free agent is out there to help out until we find a long-term solution. Or, hopefully we somehow snatch Wilfork away from Belichick after he franchise tags him.

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I won't speculate on free agents because I think it's impossible to. If we could get Wilfork somehow, I would do cartwheels. I think Marshall without a doubt re-signs with the Broncos.

I have to be honest. If we miss out on both Berry and Okung, I'm going to be sweating. McCoy is an incredible talent, but I don't personally think he fits into our scheme/needs at all. Way too small to play nose tackle.

I was typing out my mock draft and realized it's pretty much exactly the same as the Walter Football one.

1. Russell Okung, LT (Oklahoma State) - I think the Lions pass on an OT yet again.
2a. Von Miller, OLB (Texas A&M) - Need a pass rusher opposite Hali
2b. Brandon Spikes, ILB (Florida)
3. SS or C
4. Mitch Petrus, OG (Arkansas) - Waters eventual replacement
5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB (Oregon)
5b. Trindon Holliday, KR/PR (LSU) - Take some pressure off of Charles in the return game with the soon to be smallest player in the NFL.
6. Best CB Available

The main issue is that there is nobody I like as a nose tackle prospect in this entire class. Cody is a slob. I like Dan Williams, but he's reportedly been losing crazy weight and prefers to play at about 310 lbs now. I want a guy with incredible strength in the 325-350 range. Hopefully some free agent is out there to help out until we find a long-term solution. Or, hopefully we somehow snatch Wilfork away from Belichick after he franchise tags him.

Don't see this happening.

yashi
12-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Don't see this happening.

Had they not switched back to a 4-3 scheme this year, I think it may have been possible. They drafted 330 lb Ron Brace in the 2nd round last year.

Ah well.. maybe next year the next Ted Washington will be available.

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Had they not switched back to a 4-3 scheme this year, I think it may have been possible. They drafted 330 lb Ron Brace in the 2nd round last year.

Ah well.. maybe next year the next Ted Washington will be available.

Well buddy, anything is possible I guess. :D

tornadospotter
12-18-2009, 12:32 AM
Well I think that a man name Suh would look very good in a Chiefs Uniform next season, but probably will not be there when we draft. He is with out a doubt, the best player in the upcoming draft.

endzonewillie
12-18-2009, 03:07 AM
Well I think that a man name Suh would look very good in a Chiefs Uniform next season, but probably will not be there when we draft. He is with out a doubt, the best player in the upcoming draft.
He is the best player in the draft and will most likely be chosen number one over all. Depending on if he is in the 2010 draft which CBS Sportsline has said he will, Adrian Clayborn is also a very well rounded DE that could make our 3-4 D work better. He is big ,strong and fast with great pass rushing skills as well as rushing pursuit. We should be discussing Oline as we have a bigger need there to be honest. Mike johnson from Alabama is a nice pick at 6-6 305 can get the job done. NFL coachs can teach him to be better than he is at his size could be a wall in front of Cassell and also for JC to run by.

Chiefster
12-18-2009, 04:44 AM

Maybe we can trade for him...but who?

yashi
12-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Suh is a great player, but he plays a position that we've drafted 1st the past two years...

Too bad we didn't take Raji last year for NT and somehow get Suh this year. Our front 3 would be godly. :D

endzonewillie
12-20-2009, 02:00 AM
Maybe we can trade for him...but who?
Only DLine guy Chiefs have worth trading for Suh is Jackson but, I doubt we even look that direction. D needs Safeties and LBs. OLine is needed more than D right now. Lots of tv guys are talking like KC will pick a RB in the upcoming draft with no faith in JC , not that I agree but it depends on who is available when we pick.