PDA

View Full Version : no TV this sunday???

kcvet
12-09-2009, 09:25 AM
a few nights ago i heard on KSHB unless they sell 3500 tickets, this weeks game is blacked out. anyone have any updates ????

yashi
12-09-2009, 09:29 AM
No, except that they still haven't sold enough tickets. The last time a Chiefs game was blacked out was 19 years ago. Not good.

This will definitely get Clark Hunt's attention.

honda522
12-09-2009, 09:56 AM
3500 is not that much. Yet, it is. Hope it sells out so I can watch it. I'd rather not listen to it on the radio, cause I don't like to visualize game. Who wants to go to the game? They will more than likley lose and I don't as well as many other thousands of Chiefs fans want to put up the money.

pbatrucker
12-09-2009, 11:24 AM
KCTV5 has been buying unused tickets were they can televise the games.

matthewschiefs
12-09-2009, 12:36 PM
KCTV5 has been buying unused tickets were they can televise the games.

Most the time either Tv stations or even the team will buy the left over tickets so that they wont have the black out. As long as the number of tickets remaining is not a Hugh number.

Canada
12-09-2009, 12:51 PM
3500 is not that much. Yet, it is. Hope it sells out so I can watch it. I'd rather not listen to it on the radio, cause I don't like to visualize game. Who wants to go to the game? They will more than likley lose and I don't as well as many other thousands of Chiefs fans want to put up the money.

I'll go to the game, they won't lose.

honda522
12-09-2009, 12:59 PM
I'll go to the game, they won't lose.

But you went, and they lost. I saw you, and your flag.

EXPLAIN THAT! :D

Big Daddy Tek
12-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Dont worry. We will be fine this weekend. 1/3 of all TV's in KC are tuned into the Chiefs on Sundays. They will be bought out. Next weekends game against the Browns is the one that you should be worried about. That one will be blacked out for sure.

Canada
12-09-2009, 03:48 PM
But you went, and they lost. I saw you, and your flag.

EXPLAIN THAT! :D

Im talkin about stinky fubbalo. Glad u saw the flag!! :bananen_smilies046:

honda522
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Im talkin about stinky fubbalo. Glad u saw the flag!! :bananen_smilies046:
Depends on which team shows up.

Is it going to be the Chiefs vs. Pittsburgh Steelers?

Or against the Broncos?

hometeam
12-09-2009, 08:13 PM
agreed, someone will buy the tickets.

If not, I have direct ticket, so it doesnt affect me either way :/

Connie Jo
12-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Most the time either Tv stations or even the team will buy the left over tickets so that they wont have the black out. As long as the number of tickets remaining is not a Hugh number.

Yep, and also there have been times where advertising sponsor's related to the Chiefs pitch in and buy tickets, so a game won't be blacked out...great publicity for them because the news usually broadcasts who buys enough tickets for the game to air. They'll give them away to Charity groups to use. Price Chopper has done this before, but think Hy-Vee is the new grocery store sponsor for the Chiefs now.

Connie Jo
12-09-2009, 08:19 PM
agreed, someone will buy the tickets.

If not, I have direct ticket, so it doesnt affect me either way :/

When I use to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket through Direct TV...they were forced by FCC law & the NFL by laws, to black out games that networks blacked out.

Did they change that? It's been a few yrs since I've had Sunday Ticket, became too expensive for no more games than I could watch on networks anyway.

hometeam
12-11-2009, 08:46 PM
When I use to subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket through Direct TV...they were forced by FCC law & the NFL by laws, to black out games that networks blacked out.

Did they change that? It's been a few yrs since I've had Sunday Ticket, became too expensive for no more games than I could watch on networks anyway.

no, it works like so;

if the game is NOT blacked out, aka show on on local TV, then it is blacked out on direct ticket and you have to watch it on your local channel. If a game gets blacked out , it will play on direct ticket just as if it wasnt local~

Hayvern
12-12-2009, 02:13 AM
no, it works like so;

if the game is NOT blacked out, aka show on on local TV, then it is blacked out on direct ticket and you have to watch it on your local channel. If a game gets blacked out , it will play on direct ticket just as if it wasnt local~

Direct TV is the killer deal for Sunday Ticket, especially since I live in LA and the ONLY games ever televised out here are the ones that are on national TV.

Connie Jo
12-12-2009, 02:15 AM
no, it works like so;

Oh, I had it backwards then more or less, haha.

My problem with where I live is I have no choice but to have a satellite for local channels. FCC regulates satellite providers, such as Direct TV...and their consumers by zip code. My zip code use to fall within the Kansas City local stations, but the FCC changed zip code boundaries for satellites a few years ago, and made my locals out of Topeka.

This upset me, because Topeka locals don't show pre-season games, nor some regular season games if they have something they consider more important to air...although the majority of regular season games they do air. They have to buy airing rights from their affiliate in KC, which they won't do sometimes either.

Anyway, Sunday Ticket didn't show the games either if they weren't shown on Topeka locals...because in contradiction the FCC considers me within Kansas City locals zip code boundaries when it came to viewing games on Sunday Ticket!

It does irritate the hell outta me that as a 'free' American I can't even watch my favorite NFL team play football every time I want to...because of our government regulations over satellite TV. It's all about money according to those involved with the regulating... competitive markets with advertisors between cities that are close to one another...such as Topeka and Kansas City.

Kansas City has a larger consumer advertisment market than Topeka...so they force consumers in some zip codes to watch Topeka locals for the advertisements shown. Hell, I bet I can count on one hand the times I've bought something due to an advertisement I've seen on TV...most times I ignore commercials, or mute them.

honda522
12-12-2009, 11:20 AM
You guys are still talking about the blackout? The blackout is over now. They will show the game.

kilobytes
12-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Just watch it on Justin.tv for free heh.