PDA

View Full Version : Lilb & Rilb???

AussieChiefsFan
12-10-2009, 12:52 AM
What is the difference and what does it mean by Left Inside Linebaker and Right Inside Linebacker? I thought there were only Outside LB's and Middle LB's.

The only thing I can think of is LILB and RILB are used in spread out formations like the Diamond or the Nickel formation.

:sign0085:

Chiefster
12-10-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm guessing Left Inside Linebacker and Right Inside Linebacker, but I'm really not too sure myself.

AussieChiefsFan
12-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm guessing Left Inside Linebacker and Right Inside Linebacker, but I'm really not too sure myself.
I know what they stand for but I dont know whre they are on the field

tornadospotter
12-10-2009, 01:12 AM
In a 3-4 defense there is no middle linebacker, so you have a left inside, a right inside, left outside, and a right outside LB. LILB, LOLB, RILB, ROLB. Hope that is as clear as mud, cause that is what my limited brain power can give.

AussieChiefsFan
12-10-2009, 01:14 AM
In a 3-4 defense there is no middle linebacker, so you have a left inside, a right inside, left outside, and a right outside LB. LILB, LOLB, RILB, ROLB. Hope that is as clear as mud, cause that is what my limited brain power can give.
wow thanks. that's explains it completely. REP.

(thats the advantage of talking on a real forum to reall people instead of going to and NFL positions Glossary or FAQ page!)

:bananen_smilies046: