PDA

View Full Version : I like the final roster what is everyone elses thoughts ?

bigpoppachief
09-02-2007, 03:05 AM
I like the final roster Im glad we decided to keep brackenridge and patterson two young corners who have showd some promise and then of course sippio playing in the arena league has developed some amazing hands ! Hopefully he can spread out defenders now he isnt confined. The only one we got rid of that i dont really like is hannon he did catch the only KC TD in preseason but oh well I think the chiefs took a huge step in getting younger and im excited for the upcoming season but oddmakers are cazy thinking that houston is going to give us a hrd time !

luv
09-02-2007, 04:29 AM
Shallow on QB's now, and I liked Phinisee. Not bad though.

Chiefster
09-02-2007, 05:19 AM
Oh for the days of youthful, exuberant, optimism; sure hope you're right bigpoppachief! :)

chief31
09-02-2007, 08:52 AM
Aside from what we are doing to Priest Holmes, our current shortage of quarterbacks, letting go of one of very few talented OTs,(Kevin Sampson) and maybe the Hannon release (which isn't too bad, considering that Sippio probably took his roster spot) I'm good with it.

OTR Chiefs fan
09-02-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm satisfied with the defense. I think they will only get better as the season progresses. Currently we're iffy at wide receiver until the younguns' get up to speed, hopefully soon. It would be great for one of them to pull a Marcques Colston! :yahoo:I think we lack depth at QB, because if Huard goes down I think our season pretty much over. Croyle would get the experience needed (which is good) but we would struggle as a team in the process. The area that really concerns me is the O-line, especially at the tackle spots. Hopefully, McIntosh can come in and solidify one of those spots and give Svitek a chance to get up to speed. Plus, I have never been a big Turley fan. Anyway, there's my two cent worth.

sling58
09-02-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm satisfied with the defense. I think they will only get better as the season progresses. Currently we're iffy at wide receiver until the younguns' get up to speed, hopefully soon. It would be great for one of them to pull a Marcques Colston! :yahoo:I think we lack depth at QB, because if Huard goes down I think our season pretty much over. Croyle would get the experience needed (which is good) but we would struggle as a team in the process. The area that really concerns me is the O-line, especially at the tackle spots. Hopefully, McIntosh can come in and solidify one of those spots and give Svitek a chance to get up to speed. Plus, I have never been a big Turley fan. Anyway, there's my two cent worth.

That was more than .02 That was like a nickel!

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 12:32 AM
That was more than .02 That was like a nickel!

There will be an overdraft fee assessed. :11:

swmochiefsfan
09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Defense yes, satisfied.Sorry to see Sippeo out, I liked his hands,I wasn't completly sold on Casey Printers so that might have been a smart move but if we were a little deeper at O line Svitek should have been booted, then again just my opinion.

bigpoppachief
09-04-2007, 10:08 AM
I dont know what the hell edwards is thinking not putting Sippio on the roster thatr guy would eba TD machine in this league he could catach a cold in 150 degree weather ! I wish i could smack herm in the head who the hell it tyler thigpen ! sounds like a peanuts character ! BRING SIPPIO BACK !! lol

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 11:44 AM
I dont know what the hell edwards is thinking not putting Sippio on the roster thatr guy would eba TD machine in this league he could catach a cold in 150 degree weather ! I wish i could smack herm in the head who the hell it tyler thigpen ! sounds like a peanuts character ! BRING SIPPIO BACK !! lol

Ah alas my youthful, exuberant and optimistic one; as a Chiefs fan you now feel the pain of Carl Edwards ineptitude.

tornadospotter
09-04-2007, 12:01 PM
Why do you release 2 young QB's, that was with you thru all of training camp, and bring in R QB who now has to learn the system? He better be worth it. I really think Printers was worth a spot on the team. Turrell on the practice Squad.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Why do you release 2 young QB's, that was with you thru all of training camp, and bring in R QB who now has to learn the system? He better be worth it. I really think Printers was worth a spot on the team. Turrell on the practice Squad.

Agreed!

tornadospotter
09-04-2007, 12:22 PM
I hope Sippio clears waivers and is put on the practice squad.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 12:28 PM
I hope Sippio clears waivers and is put on the practice squad.

Me too; the guy has great hands!

tornadospotter
09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Me too; the guy has great hands!
Red Zone star, or helps open up TG

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Red Zone star, or helps open up TG

Agreed; it looked to me like he was actually a step ahead of Bowe.

DrunkHillbilly
09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
Bobby Sippio, WR KC
News: The Kansas City Chiefs added WR Bobby Sippio to their practice squad. The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Sippio was in training camp with the Chiefs after spending the previous four seasons in the Arena Football League, where he caught 354 passes for 5,137 yards with 142 touchdowns

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 09:51 AM
Bobby Sippio, WR KC
News: The Kansas City Chiefs added WR Bobby Sippio to their practice squad. The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Sippio was in training camp with the Chiefs after spending the previous four seasons in the Arena Football League, where he caught 354 passes for 5,137 yards with 142 touchdowns
Finally a descent move, this guy has some talent

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Finally a descent move, this guy has some talent

In hope we actually get to see him display that talent.

rbedgood
09-05-2007, 11:08 PM
In hope we actually get to see him display that talent.

Parker must have something on somebody, he was only a 4th round pick so the salary cap hit of releasing him shouldn't be too bad...

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I wanta see Bowe on one end and Sippio on the other.

Chiefster
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM

That would be sweet!

tornadospotter
09-07-2007, 12:04 AM
Still need a down the field threat. But quick slants in or out. TG working in the mix, could help, but what do I know.:drunkhb:

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Still need a down the field threat. But quick slants in or out. TG working in the mix, could help, but what do I know.:drunkhb:

We'll need him for block support.

rbedgood
09-07-2007, 12:38 AM
We'll need him for block support.

I think you hurt pass protection more than you help it when you don't run TG out in a pattern. If he stays in the safety/linebacker (or both) who were assigned to blocking him are now able to rush. TG is often your hot route receiver, you can't have him stay in and have him on a hot route. He'll be out in pattern most of the time.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:43 AM
I think you hurt pass protection more than you help it when you don't run TG out in a pattern. If he stays in the safety/linebacker (or both) who were assigned to blocking him are now able to rush. TG is often your hot route receiver, you can't have him stay in and have him on a hot route. He'll be out in pattern most of the time.

Agreed, but we'll be running most of the time and if Turnstile Turley stinks it up again then we'll need extra blockers in the running game.

rbedgood
09-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Turnstile Turley...good description, I don't get a lot of KC games on TV, but isn't Turley better in run blocking, struggling in pass protection...or has that changed in the past few years.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:54 AM
Turnstile Turley...good description, I don't get a lot of KC games on TV, but isn't Turley better in run blocking, struggling in pass protection...or has that changed in the past few years.

You could be right; he became so painful to watch that I had my eyes closed much of the time. :lol:

tornadospotter
09-07-2007, 01:03 AM
We need a fullback to step in and provide that pass protection. Tony R were are you? Boomer if you can only provide this you will be a great asset to the team.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 01:25 AM
We need a fullback to step in and provide that pass protection. Tony R were are you? Boomer if you can only provide this you will be a great asset to the team.

What; do you have Boomer there with you now??? :p

tornadospotter
09-07-2007, 01:48 AM
What; do you have Boomer there with you now??? :p
Yes and we are talking about all aspects of, oh, who am I fooling, yeah boomer is here with me in the middle of nebraska. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :beer:

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Yes and we are talking about all aspects of, oh, who am I fooling, yeah boomer is here with me in the middle of nebraska. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :beer:

:lol: :lol:

Nite Crowd!

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Jason Dunn bein healthy now is going to help on the blocking side of things and should allow us to sent Tony out on more routes, imo.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Jason Dunn bein healthy now is going to help on the blocking side of things and should allow us to sent Tony out on more routes, imo.

Now if we can just get the league to put pressure on the refs to actually call pass interference when Tony has three defenders draped all over him while the ball is in the air...

sling58
09-07-2007, 02:49 PM
Now if we can just get the league to put pressure on the refs to actually call pass interference when Tony has three defenders draped all over him while the ball is in the air...

Now that's just asking to much!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM

They are like those parasites that attach to sharks. Tony needs them to eat and scrape all the crap off of his jersey that gets on there from running thru *******s.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 02:56 PM
Now that's just asking to much!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unfortunately. :lol:

They are like those parasites that attach to sharks. Tony needs them to eat and scrape all the crap off of his jersey that gets on there from running thru *******s.

Hehe! Knowing our luck they'd call Tony for offensive pass interference. :lol:

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Yeah, no kidding. And it would probably be while he was run-blocking too.

sling58
09-07-2007, 02:58 PM

or standing on the sidelines!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 02:59 PM

ROFL!!!

While LJ is leaping head first into the endzone!

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 02:59 PM
or standing on the sidelines!

Even more likely.

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
ROFL!!!

Yes, yes. Of course it has to be on a TD run. It wouldn't make the neccessary statement to rule-breakers, infidels, and miscreants otherwise.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
LOL!!!!! I have had a blast!

But now I must retire to my meditation room and begin preparation for tonights positive Karma vibes for my son's Friday Night Lights performance tonight!

Really I have to walk the dog before she leaves a present for me on the floor. :D

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 03:05 PM
LOL!!!!! I have had a blast!

But now I must retire to my meditation room and begin preparation for tonights positive Karma vibes for my son's Friday Night Lights performance tonight!

Really I have to walk the dog before she leaves a present for me on the floor. :D

Good luck to your son and his team tonight. Cya later dude, good chattin with ya as always!

sling58
09-07-2007, 03:11 PM
ROFL!!!

That is the plan I heard. It's called "The way to ruin the Chiefs Season." handbook. They handed it out at the first meeting.

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
That is the plan I heard. It's called "The way to ruin the Chiefs Season." handbook. They handed it out at the first meeting.

Yeah, all the officials get one every year.

sling58
09-07-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, all the officials get one every year.

Every year I am a fan.

Chiefster
09-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Good luck to your son and his team tonight. Cya later dude, good chattin with ya as always!

Thanks bud!

They went into the game tonight as 14 point underdogs according to the "experts". Well they where only 21 points off; we won 42-7. :yahoo:

chief31
09-08-2007, 06:42 AM
Thanks bud!

They went into the game tonight as 14 point underdogs according to the "experts". Well they where only 21 points off; we won 42-7. :yahoo:

NICE!!! :yahoo:

sling58
09-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks bud!

Beer and pizza for everyone!!!!!

Canada
09-08-2007, 11:26 AM
huh??? sweet!!!!

Congrats Chiefster!!

m0ef0e
09-08-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks bud!

Awesome! Gratz man. Sounds like some old school pwnage right there. I had a dream about the Chiefs playing football against the Texans with Priest on NFI and the outcome was similar. I talked to Carl Peterson about returning to my job as one of the top fans in the league, and he said that he will make a decision after week 6. (I'm not gonna wait around for that a-hole tho...):yahoo: :D

Chiefster
09-08-2007, 01:07 PM
NICE!!! :yahoo:

Thanks bud! :) I love this time of year! :yahoo:

Beer and pizza for everyone!!!!!

What no Diet Coke??? :D

huh??? sweet!!!!

Congrats Chiefster!!

Thank you my friend! :bananen_smilies046:

Awesome! Gratz man. Sounds like some old school pwnage right there. I had a dream about the Chiefs playing football against the Texans with Priest on NFI and the outcome was similar. I talked to Carl Peterson about returning to my job as one of the top fans in the league, and he said that he will make a decision after week 6. (I'm not gonna wait around for that a-hole tho...):yahoo: :D

Heh! Don't blame ya! And, thanks! :yahoo:

Three7s
09-09-2007, 01:57 AM
Oh man, about TG getting called for penalties when it should be the other way around. Anyone remember that one game......I think it was the year we went 6-10, Vermeil's first year, and we played the 49ers? That one CBs name, I think it's Julian or something, he was holding TG the whole game, and not once got called for it. Yet, they call TG for holding and pass interference a ton. Freaking ridiculous.

sling58
09-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Oh man, about TG getting called for penalties when it should be the other way around. Anyone remember that one game......I think it was the year we went 6-10, Vermeil's first year, and we played the 49ers? That one CBs name, I think it's Julian or something, he was holding TG the whole game, and not once got called for it. Yet, they call TG for holding and pass interference a ton. Freaking ridiculous.

Yeah we get robbed from time to time.

rbedgood
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM

I think you're referring to linebacker, Julian Peterson, now with Seattle.

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 11:34 AM
There is no love for KC, mighty TG has got held.

swmochiefsfan
09-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Thanks bud!

Thats great bud, I love me some good high school football.

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Thats great bud, I love me some good high school football.

Thank you my friend; I love this time of year under the Friday Night Lights! :yahoo: