PDA

View Full Version : Our win against the Steelers doesn't feel nearly as sweet anymore

captainamerica
12-10-2009, 11:33 PM
They've just lost back to back games to the Raiders and the Browns. Us beating them doesn't seem like as big of a deal anymore. Maybe were not making as much progress as some of us thought. Maybe we still have a long ways to go.

josh1971
12-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Our win against the Steelers doesn't feel nearly as sweet anymore

Yes it does.

honda522
12-10-2009, 11:43 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, Atleast we were the first to take them down.

Hayvern
12-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Either that or we should not be thinking that Cleveland is a push over anymore.

honda522
12-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Either that or we should not be thinking that Cleveland is a push over anymore.
I just think Pittsburgh is falling apart that much.

Tho I wouldn't put it past Cleaveland, we still have to go out and play football.

Hayvern
12-11-2009, 12:00 AM
I just think Pittsburgh is falling apart that much.

Tho I wouldn't put it past Cleaveland, we still have to go out and play football.

Well Cleveland played San Diego much tighter than we did. I'm just sayin.

AussieChiefsFan
12-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Even 2 other bad teams have beaten the supposed 'all mighty steelers' so they are falling aprt from the inside but atleast it's a start.

matthewschiefs
12-11-2009, 12:45 AM
Injuries have caught up with the steelers. Thats what has happend. But i will still enjoy a win against the defending champs any time i can take it. But now the Browns are looking like an NFL team and they have a few extra days to get ready now. Oh my maybe that wont be a win after all. I hope it will be its one the Chiefs are realy going to need.

AussieChiefsFan
12-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Injuries have caught up with the steelers. Thats what has happend. But i will still enjoy a win against the defending champs any time i can take it. But now the Browns are looking like an NFL team and they have a few extra days to get ready now. Oh my maybe that wont be a win after all. I hope it will be its one the Chiefs are realy going to need.

Well they're still 2-11!

Chiefster
12-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Our win against the Steelers doesn't feel nearly as sweet anymore

Well, loosing the next two games after that by a grand total of sixty points will do that.

bigpoppachief
12-11-2009, 03:50 AM
Hey we can say WE started it though lol WE dethroned the champs ;) well thats my story anyways lol

AussieChiefsFan
12-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Hey we can say WE started it though lol WE dethroned the champs ;) well thats my story anyways lol
guess so:bananen_smilies046:

yashi
12-11-2009, 09:48 AM
We broke them!

Stumplifter
12-11-2009, 06:48 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Oh well, Atleast we were the first to take them down.

That's right. The Chiefs ruined them!!! :pointlaugh:

IlovetheChiefs
12-11-2009, 07:28 PM
I think the bottom line is:

Was beating the Steelers as huge as it seemed at the time? No.

But was it still an impressive win? Yes.

hometeam
12-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Look at it like this..

we beat them down so bad they lost for 3 weeks in a row!

:P

Chiefster
12-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Look at it like this..

we beat them down so bad they lost for 3 weeks in a row!

:P

I was thinking they were coming off a loss when they played us, but I could be wrong.

tornadospotter
12-11-2009, 10:25 PM
I was thinking they were coming off a loss when they played us, but I could be wrong.
:11:I do not think you are.

AussieChiefsFan
12-11-2009, 10:30 PM
I think the bottom line is:

Was beating the Steelers as huge as it seemed at the time? No.

But was it still an impressive win? Yes.

:sign0153: :sign0153: :sign0153: :sign0153: :sign0153:

Chiefster
12-11-2009, 10:41 PM
:11:I do not think you are.

I think we're both right. :D

Connie Jo
12-12-2009, 02:27 AM
I never take a 'bad' team for granted, such as Cleveland. Seems whenever I did in the past...it came back to haunt me with a Chiefs loss. :(

Connie Jo
12-12-2009, 02:45 AM
Beating the Steelers is still sweet in my mind! hahaha

I wasn't home that day, and had to miss watching the Chiefs/Steelers game...my thread 'friendships & blessings' explains why I wasn't home.

I was able to pick the game up on the radio at the beginning of the 3rd Q on my way home. Lost the station though not long after OT began.

Later my cell rang, it was my Chiefs friend Kelly from Wisconsin...& I could tell immediately by tone of excitement in his voice we had won, hahaha. I became so excited with the victory I had to pull off the highway so Kelly could tell me about it, hahaha. I ended up on my cell for almost an hour I think, talking about the game, Chiefs, etc..

It was a blessed day for me all around...meeting & having lunch with dear special friends, creating priceless memories...our Chiefs beating the Steelers, and sharing the excitement and happiness with my friend Kelly.

I wish every day could be that wonderful, but then I suppose if it were...I wouldn't appreciate and be as grateful for those rare days that are, haha.

drstandley31
12-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Not me!!! I hate pittsburgh. Living in central ohio, i have that #$$# shoved in my face every day. And I was in Pitts. the last time we played there, well, we didn't play that day and got pounded. Our win started their freefall and I love it. I'll take it!!! We knocked Ben out for a week, and I still don't think he's right. And we knocked out thier backup for 4 to 6 weeks, and that hurt them too. This one victory will carry me quite a while.

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2009, 02:13 PM
:sign0153: :sign0153: :sign0153: :sign0153: :sign0153:

When we beat the Steelers they were 6-3. That and the fact they won the SB last year made it a huge win for us. But now that they've lost 4 in a row, including to Oakland and Cleveland, and have a losing record of 6-7, I think it loses some of the sweet flavor of being such an amazing feat. But also as I added, it doesn't take away all of it by any means. As I said, I still feel it was an impressive win.

kilobytes
12-12-2009, 06:22 PM
We are worse than last year according to Jack Harry. Now that I think about it yes. It seemed every game last year was close and we really should have won at least 3 especially the one versus the Chargers in which they got 2 TDs in the last frikin minute (Thanks Bowe). This year its cheesy wins or us getting blown out. The steelers game was a fluke.

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2009, 07:12 PM
Going by the rankings on offense and defense we're pretty much about the same as last year. Been around 28th to 30th on both offense and defense basically all 2008 and all this year.

Total wins and losses will probably still be the best barometer though, regardless of margins. So if we end up 3-13, we were right in the middle of Herm's 4 and 2 win seasons, and thus basically the same result. But if say we can win these next 2 vs. the Bills and Browns, we'd be at least 5-11 and therefore considered an improvement.

Even if we do finish 3-13 though, we'll still be finishing our first year under Pioli Haley and Cassel and all the other changes. And as pointed out in another thread, many successful coaches like Parcells and Jimmy Johnson had records like that in their debut season.

It would still be very discouraging to finish 3-13, of course, and to not end up showing any measurable means of improvement. But how the Chiefs do in this system in 2010 is really going to be the true indicator. No that they'll necessarily be ready for the playoffs, but that winning only 2, 3, or 4 games AGAIN would probably be indicative of the current system being a failure just as in the '07 and '08 seasons.