PDA

View Full Version : Running game or Passing game?

kilobytes
12-12-2009, 06:31 PM
What do you enjoy more? Im talking just in general like what you always liked more from watching football.

Im a running game guy. Love it.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Well against the bills, definately the run game

yashi
12-12-2009, 06:45 PM
In general, I love watching explosive passing offenses like the Saints and Colts much more than running teams.

I do like watching guys like Charles and Chris Johnson run the ball though. Speed guys who can break one for a home run at any time.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2009, 06:48 PM
In general, I love watching explosive passing offenses like the Saints and Colts much more than running teams.

I do like watching guys like Charles and Chris Johnson run the ball though. Speed guys who can break one for a home run at any time.

:bananen_smilies046:

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Yep it is fun to see a rb break a big one. But in general I also enjoy the explosive passing games more. For non-Chiefs games I would rather watch the Saints, Colts, Cardinals than some other teams for that reason.

The Chicago Bears have often been a boring team to watch for me throughout the years, due to usually being a run oriented team. But then again, Walter Payton was SO good that he was an exception when it came to enjoying a Bears game.

And I love the shotgun, deep screens, and bombs. The west coast offense of throwing 1 yard passes immediately to the wideouts gets rather dull too.

honda522
12-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Our passing/running game or in general?

I like the 2003 season balanced team we had. Successfully running, and then explosive passes.

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
Oh yeah the 2003 Chiefs were one of the most fun to watch! Trent Green's 4000 yards mixed with Priest Holmes on the ground. Along with our joystick Dante Hall on the kick returns. Fantastic!

I like high scoring games so the Vermeil era was a lot of fun. Defensive battles like a typical Steelers Ravens game that result in scores of 13-10 are a little less exciting for me to watch. Just as in baseball I enjoy a game with a lot of hits and runs more than a pitcher's duel.

AussieChiefsFan
12-12-2009, 07:24 PM
2003 was the best year for the chiefs this decade

honda522
12-12-2009, 07:59 PM
Oh yeah the 2003 Chiefs were one of the most fun to watch! Trent Green's 4000 yards mixed with Priest Holmes on the ground. Along with our joystick Dante Hall on the kick returns. Fantastic!

I like high scoring games so the Vermeil era was a lot of fun. Defensive battles like a typical Steelers Ravens game that result in scores of 13-10 are a little less exciting for me to watch. Just as in baseball I enjoy a game with a lot of hits and runs more than a pitcher's duel.
Unless the defense is being impressive, like picking the all, fumble recoveries, lots of sacks....hard hits.

IlovetheChiefs
12-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah you got that right honda. Like our great DT and Neil Smith. And the 85' Bears defense and the 2000 Ravens defense were fun to watch because they just kept plowing through the o line of the other teams and sacking or hurrying the qbs.

It's the games where both teams keep running into brick walls and then punting that get a little tedious. Short yd or no gain, short yd or no gain, short yd or no gain, punt. Then vice versa. And so on. Resulting in a game of field goals 9-6 type of score.

Those are still somewhat fun, making special teams very important because the defenses keep forcing a standstill, making it a tense game of who can get a slightly better field position to eventually be in field goal range. But not as fun as the action packed big play touchdowns.

matthewschiefs
12-13-2009, 12:10 AM
Whatever works for the Chiefs to win thats what I like.

Chiefster
12-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Running game or Passing game?

Yes!

AussieChiefsFan
12-13-2009, 03:46 AM
Yes!

huh?

chief31
12-16-2009, 04:23 PM
That's a pretty tough question for me.

Loved watching Fouts' Chargers when I was a kid. And I really liked watching Warren Moon with The Oilers.

But then there was Barry Sanders and Christain Okoye.

And a whole lot of names since then.

But, if forced to choose, I would say I am more of a running game, kinda guy.

So much of it boils right down to Blocker-A just beating Defender-B.

And not much beats knowing that you can just beat your opponent by putting your guys on their guys and just beating them.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 04:56 PM
What do you enjoy more? Im talking just in general like what you always liked more from watching football.

Im a running game guy. Love it.

Running: I like hard nose football, eats up the clock, and yes it all starts with the O-line.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Our passing/running game or in general?

I like the 2003 season balanced team we had. Successfully running, and then explosive passes.

2003 was ridiculous, loved watching games that year.

Argo
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I love both, but itīs hard to beat Barry Sanders monkey roll and those cuts! Defenders had no chance in open field!... he had such grace.

Running game for me.

Argo
12-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Barry Sanders was made of Highlights ;)

YouTube- Barry Sanders highlight

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Was he a Detroit Lion?

Argo
12-16-2009, 08:06 PM
Was he a Detroit Lion?

Can you believe it?

1.73cm , 93kg a terrible O-line and still he managed to go to 9 probowls!

A beast!

IlovetheChiefs
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes Barry Sanders was a Detroit Lion.

Kind of ironical that the only good player the Lions ever had happened to arguably be the best running back of all time, heh.

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes Barry Sanders was a Detroit Lion.

Kind of ironical that the only good player the Lions ever had happened to arguably be the best running back of all time, heh.

:lol:

Connie Jo
12-18-2009, 12:13 AM

Ditto...I'm the same.

tornadospotter
12-18-2009, 01:51 AM
What do I like to see, well let me tell you. I loved seeing this
YouTube- Christian Okoye, "The Nigerian Nightmare"

and this!
YouTube- Priest Holmes Highlights 2003 Record Breaking Season

tornadospotter
12-18-2009, 01:53 AM
But this is what I really love to see!!!!!
YouTube- Derrick Thomas Highlights

Connie Jo
12-18-2009, 02:00 AM
But this is what I really love to see!!!!!
YouTube- Derrick Thomas Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8IZou87QNI)

YES!!!

I wanna go back!!