PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd.com Article : Matt Cassel Shows His Frustration With Booing Fans

Coach
12-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Read Article Here... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14588&Itemid=2)

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Oh Yeah It Was Stfu For Sure !

honda522
12-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I really don't think he desvered to get booed at.

wichitaj
12-13-2009, 11:41 PM
the team is not so good right now. boo hunt for not spending any money on free agency. we are the lowest payroll in the league, of course we are not as good. Thanks jr.

KottkeKU
12-14-2009, 01:15 AM
cassell would look alot better with some talented receiver corps...

Connie Jo
12-14-2009, 03:07 AM
I don't blame him for being frustrated and saying STFU. I've never been one to boo one's own team or players out of my own frustration because of bad plays, error, etc.. Now if it's a major unsportsmanship like behavior or similar, then I might boo my own team/player.

IMO...booing a struggling team or player on the team...only makes matters worse, including moral...not better. Doesn't matter if you're a pro or not...still get's to them, they're human first, an athelete second.

Canada
12-14-2009, 11:07 AM
I could not have been more disgusted with chiefs fans yesterday. There were guys behind me yelling at Cassel the whole game. No wonder he didnt give a sh!t, none of our "fans" did. People want improvement then stop harassing the fukin QB for f**k sake. Disgusting

Hayvern
12-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah it's tough, I did not like the booing, if anything I would have been booing Haley for calling that stupid play.

garciakcfan
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
yeah well when you stink you stink.. your record says who you are... i dont blame them... we are an awful football team right now.... i was laughing watching the game with 5 bills fans yesterday, two horrible teams playing each other.... sigh....

honda522
12-14-2009, 01:14 PM
My dad rips on Cassel so much its really annoying.

Give him a break man, whole team sucks.

#58ChiefsFan
12-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Matt can play IF he has some talent around him. He won 11 games last year on an actual football team. I believe he was still the most sacked qb in the nfl last year, but I wouldn't mind that if we were in contention.

Everyone was frustrated yesterday. I for one thought that was one of the games we would win once the Bills started to struggle early this season.

Haley has tried to open up the playbook and we just are not good enough. Matt has quite a way to go just as everyone does sans Jamaal and Tamba. It will get better, because it can't get much worse.

As far as how much the organization is paying him I offer this. How much do you think it would take to get someone to come to our team after what Herm did to us? Knowing full well that you are going to be on a horrible team and have to watch it grow from basically nothing. Knowing you are going to be beat down because our line flat out sucks. Knowing you have an unproven coach and an unproven system.

I like the way Matt plays, with heart. He WILL be fine as the system comes together. We are not going to have a high flying pass offense, you simply cannot have a team like the Colts or Cards when your stadium is outdoors where you actually have to play in the winter. We will end up with a heavy run game and a D much like the 90's.

tenacious
12-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Matt is a solid QB......most fans in the stands don't know a good one from a bad one.

KCSDFAN
12-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Matt is a solid QB......most fans in the stands don't know a good one from a bad one.

Yea, Matt is a solid BACK UP quarterback.

PawnshopMarimba
12-15-2009, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I dunno.
I'm willing to give Cassel another season or two, but he has GOT to start making those longer tosses.

I've counted three or four in the past two week that ought to have been TDs if Cassel could've put the ball where it ought to have been.

But it goes both ways. Guys have been dropping the easy ones... inexplicably. There's no way Chambers should have missed that simple ball by the goal line.

I think this team needs a psychologist. :-p

Chiefster
12-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah, I dunno.
I'm willing to give Cassel another season or two, but he has GOT to start making those longer tosses.

I've counted three or four in the past two week that ought to have been TDs if Cassel could've put the ball where it ought to have been.

But it goes both ways. Guys have been dropping the easy ones... inexplicably. There's no way Chambers should have missed that simple ball by the goal line.

I think this team needs a psychologist. :-p

You mean an exorcist. :lol:

Sn@keIze
12-15-2009, 05:43 AM
I could not have been more disgusted with chiefs fans yesterday. There were guys behind me yelling at Cassel the whole game. No wonder he didnt give a sh!t, none of our "fans" did. People want improvement then stop harassing the fukin QB for f**k sake. DisgustingThe fans are the ones paying Cassell.

Not the the owner, not Clar ****. The Fans.

This whole org. is in shambles. And the frustration will build up in players and in fans. i (believe it or not) have said some thing out of pure frustation. There was one thread recently where one fan was literally calling for Haleys head on a stick.......LITERALLY!

I can relate to Cassell. Cassell wants to win. I want to win.............

Cassell says stupid thing out of frustration. I say things out of frustration.

Cassell is 6'6" millionaire. I am............... U know what......

STFU.

My dad rips on Cassel so much its really annoying.

Give him a break man, whole team sucks.Cassell did have a bad game.

im letn the last int. slide obviously it was a hail mary.

But im not letn the tipped passes slide.

Cassell really needs to arc that ball! Whether it be 15 yards or 70, it is a laser. I would really like to see that ball drop on top of the reciever in big passes.

honda522
12-15-2009, 11:46 AM
The fans are the ones paying Cassell.

This whole org. is in shambles. And the frustration will build up in players and in fans. i (believe it or not) have said some thing out of pure frustation. There was one thread recently where one fan was literally calling for Haleys head on a stick.......LITERALLY!

STFU.

Cassell did have a bad game.

Cassell really needs to arc that ball! Whether it be 15 yards or 70, it is a laser. I would really like to see that ball drop on top of the reciever in big passes.

Agree with most of what you say, especially arcing the ball.

But booing at anyone other than the opposing team only psychologically hurts one. Its not helping, he needs all the confidence he can get.

figcrostic
12-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Read Article Here... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14588&Itemid=2)

I hope it pisses him off, and lights a fire under his butt.:pointlaugh: He gets the big bucks to play well, we pay good money to see the game, we can boo, I personally didn't boo, but I did cuss several times.

Canada
12-15-2009, 01:17 PM

Cassell is 6'6" millionaire. I am............... U know what.....

Well, if u r gonna sit and yell the sh!t that got yelled at Cassel during that game then I think you are part of the problem. I have a great motivational idea, lets tell all our young players they suck and they should f**kin' die and that we are all gonna wait out in the parking lot after the game for them. See if that gets them playing well. Im not talking about yelling at your TV or posting on the boards. I am talking about kicking our own teams QB when he is down. I know you seem to think that it is all about $$$ but the great players play because they love the game and the fans. If I were a QB and had to listen to the "Chiefs fans" call me the sh!t Cassel got called, I would not have given two flying f*cks about any of those fans. But I guess its your right to tear down our young QB. Im not happy with Cassel performance but I can save it for Monday morning. A real fan won't boo the players on their own team during a game we could have won. But please....feel free to tell wme what an awesome fan you are!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
12-15-2009, 01:18 PM
I hope it pisses him off, and lights a fire under his butt.:pointlaugh: He gets the big bucks to play well, we pay good money to see the game, we can boo, I personally didn't boo, but I did cuss several times.

Im sure all the booing and cursing is helping our young QB build his much needed confidence.

figcrostic
12-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Im sure all the booing and cursing is helping our young QB build his much needed confidence.

not as much as win:D!

Canada
12-15-2009, 01:39 PM
not as much as win:D!

Sooo...cheer when he does well and crucify the kid when he makes mistakes. Hope it works I guess. I'll tell you this, I went to KC for 10 days and 2 games and after that fubbalo game I was never more ashamed to be a Chiefs fan (and it had nothing to do with the players on the field)

honda522
12-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Well, if u r gonna sit and yell the sh!t that got yelled at Cassel during that game then I think you are part of the problem. I have a great motivational idea, lets tell all our young players they suck and they should f**kin' die and that we are all gonna wait out in the parking lot after the game for them. See if that gets them playing well. Im not talking about yelling at your TV or posting on the boards. I am talking about kicking our own teams QB when he is down. I know you seem to think that it is all about $$$ but the great players play because they love the game and the fans. If I were a QB and had to listen to the "Chiefs fans" call me the sh!t Cassel got called, I would not have given two flying f*cks about any of those fans. But I guess its your right to tear down our young QB. Im not happy with Cassel performance but I can save it for Monday morning. A real fan won't boo the players on their own team during a game we could have won. But please....feel free to tell wme what an awesome fan you are!! :bananen_smilies046:

:bananen_smilies046:

The are only 2 things you boo at. 1. When the other team comes out on the field. 2. When the ref is paid off...like every game this year.

figcrostic
12-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Sooo...cheer when he does well and crucify the kid when he makes mistakes. Hope it works I guess. I'll tell you this, I went to KC for 10 days and 2 games and after that fubbalo game I was never more ashamed to be a Chiefs fan (and it had nothing to do with the players on the field)

I want him to do good, don't get me wrong, plus when I cursed it was like "Oh sh--" in regards to an interception, I wasn't yelling a "F-U Cassel" chant or anything, and my seats were so bad he couldn't see my anyway. If I saw Cassel I would tell him he is a tough sob, and he needs to not get so flustered, and get rid of the ball (which he did much better this game), and put a little more air on the long balls when the WR has the defended beat like Bradley did 2 times last game. I hope he does good like I said, I don't boo him, I do boo the refs, I get pissed when my team does something bad I cuss not at them but it pisses me off, I am an avid fan. I am obviously loyal otherwise I wouldn't be watching, because the last 3 years have been rough.

tornadospotter
12-15-2009, 09:50 PM

STFU.

:lol:

Cassell did have a bad game.

Now this is exactly the problem with some of Cassell's passes, they are a line drive bullet that is hard to catch, and it is also why so many are tipped.

tornadospotter
12-15-2009, 09:58 PM
If that is what some fans were yelling at Cassel, then they are not Chiefs! I agree that some booing by the fans is deserved for the product being paid for by them, but comments like that, this fan would never yell at a game.

Sn@keIze
12-16-2009, 03:14 AM
If that is what some fans were yelling at Cassel, then they are not Chiefs! I agree that some booing by the fans is deserved for the product being paid for by them, but comments like that, this fan would never yell at a game.
Thats true.. he couldve been yelln at a cattle fan.

KCraised
12-16-2009, 06:30 PM
yeah well when you stink
you stink.. your record says who you are... i dont blame them... we are an awful football team right now.... i was laughing watching the game with 5 bills fans yesterday, two horrible teams playing each other.... sigh....

I think i could get over the boos when i opened up my overinflated checkbook;)
I'm not a fan of him. I think they have a right to boo. When we've lost 30 odd games out of 30 odd games....sorry, ive lost track....people are going to be tense and short. They are lucky anyone is even filling the seats. The people that are still showing up, i believe, have the right to show displeasure to overthrown balls and such. Just my opinion....

Canada
12-16-2009, 07:14 PM
I think i could get over the boos when i opened up my overinflated checkbook;)
I'm not a fan of him. I think they have a right to boo. When we've lost 30 odd games out of 30 odd games....sorry, ive lost track....people are going to be tense and short. They are lucky anyone is even filling the seats. The people that are still showing up, i believe, have the right to show displeasure to overthrown balls and such. Just my opinion....

Thats your business, but when he busts as a QB recognize that you have become part of the problem by helping to shatter the confidence of a young QB. They call the fans the 12th man for a reason. I will voice my opinion at the appropriate times about a player but I wll never boo them at Arrowhead. But boo away and count how many QBs we go through. Its your right.

hometeam
12-16-2009, 11:29 PM
Its been year after year of dissapointment, even great fans like the chiefs fans have to crack eventually. How often do you hear boos from the chiefs fans? almost NEVER, thats how downtrodden the fans are feeling lately....

Also I dont think they where booing cassel in particular (well som eprobabaly where)

Just the lack of production in the offense, like 3rd downs and scoring :/

Canada
12-17-2009, 12:43 AM
Its been year after year of dissapointment, even great fans like the chiefs fans have to crack eventually. How often do you hear boos from the chiefs fans? almost NEVER, thats how downtrodden the fans are feeling lately....

Also I dont think they where booing cassel in particular (well som eprobabaly where)

Just the lack of production in the offense, like 3rd downs and scoring :/I understand booing and frustration, I did however have to listen to two guys absolutely cussing Cassel out for the whole fubbalo game. Not really the time to be getting on the guys case if u ask me!!