PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs = 39 dropped balls this season?

Connie Jo
12-14-2009, 03:12 AM
While watching the game today, one of the commentator's noted within the Chiefs stats for this season, that 39 balls have been dropped by Chiefs receivers! 39!!!

I would've hated to be in Chambers shoes today. He has to feel humilated and angry at himself.

Hayvern
12-14-2009, 03:38 AM
While watching the game today, one of the commentator's noted within the Chiefs stats for this season, that 39 balls have been dropped by Chiefs receivers! 39!!!

I would've hated to be in Chambers shoes today. He has to feel humilated and angry at himself.

I heard the same thing. I actually thought it was more than that. I think they take passes out that a receiver gets his hands on but really had no chance of catching, because I could has sworn there were more drops than that.

I will say that the receivers that played today really were a lot better. There was a couple of key drops that cost us the game, but there were some really good catches as well, much better than I have seen in previous weeks.

I also have to say that the O-Line is actually looking better, far too little too late, but they are getting in the area of where they need to be.

I still think we need to fire about 4 of them though.

matthewschiefs
12-14-2009, 12:15 PM
Its more then 39 now with the HUGE chambers drop. That one HURT.

honda522
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
This game was better, I think only Chambers had the only drop.

yashi
12-14-2009, 12:25 PM
This game was better, I think only Chambers had the only drop.

Do deflections count as drops?

honda522
12-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Do deflections count as drops?
I wouldn't blame it on the receivers.

figcrostic
12-14-2009, 01:09 PM

Im not hating on Chambers it was a tough catch, he should have held onto it, but he has not dropped many.

Ryfo18
12-15-2009, 12:20 AM
The Chiefs drops have been horrendous this year. 2 weeks ago against Denver was probably the worst I have seen. And that's why I'm reluctant to get on Cassel's back about his poor play. When your receiver are dropping that many balls, what more can you do?

That said, I have noticed in the last few weeks that he hasn't been the most accurate on some throws. If that keeps up you better believe that I'll get down on him.

Connie Jo
12-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Im not hating on Chambers it was a tough catch, he should have held onto it, but he has not dropped many.

No, I wouldn't hate on him either, just saying I would imagine he's hating on himself for not hanging on to it. That said, I don't think it was 'that' tough of a catch for an NFL reciever to make, but maybe I saw it at a different angle...and it was tougher than appeared.

To his credit...if memory is accurate, he's made more positive plays than negative since being signed with the Chiefs, and heck, I would imagine every receiver has a dropped ball now & then for one reason or another.

Hayvern
12-15-2009, 03:53 AM
I think a lot of Cassels issues also come from receivers breaking on routes. I don't know this for sure, but Cassel and Chambers both elluded to it.

moonshiner
12-15-2009, 08:49 AM
I think alot of Cassels issues is that he very rarely hits the Wr's in stride, can not connect on the long ball. I have a chance tolisten to a lot of radio & especially take note on the Ex Chiefs and what they have to say. Len Dawson does not hate on him but does provide some intersting opinions. All these short comings can be over come in his opinion if the WR's he is throwing to had a training camp with Cassel not this revolving door that has permeated the ChiefsWR corps. I tend to agree with Lenny on this observation

honda522
12-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I think alot of Cassels issues is that he very rarely hits the Wr's in stride, can not connect on the long ball. I have a chance tolisten to a lot of radio & especially take note on the Ex Chiefs and what they have to say. Len Dawson does not hate on him but does provide some intersting opinions. All these short comings can be over come in his opinion if the WR's he is throwing to had a training camp with Cassel not this revolving door that has permeated the ChiefsWR corps. I tend to agree with Lenny on this observation

The problem is Cassel didn't have time to get to know most of them. Long, Wade, Chambers, and Pope came in half way thru the season. The only WR's he had to a chance to know is Bowe, Bradley and Darling. Darling sucked and got hurt, Bradley is very inconsistent, and Bowe is probably more inconsistent than Bradley.

captainamerica
12-15-2009, 11:54 AM
You'd think that Haley being this "Great" WRs coach", we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-15-2009, 12:44 PM
You'd think that Haley being this "Great" WRs coach", we wouldn't be having these kinds of problems.
I don't know how "great" a WR coach he is but the issue is that he simply has no talent at the position.

KottkeKU
12-15-2009, 04:39 PM
when WRs cant catch easy balls, there is no excuse... it is the WRs' fault.... not Haley, and not Cassel... the WR... ours blow, obviously...

Chiefster
12-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I was sooo upset with Chambers, at the time, for dropping what should have been a game changing pass. Cassel hit him right between the numbers and it looked as if Chambers had both hands on the ball but couldn't real it in. But, then again I, also, realize that if it was soo easy then everyone could do it. :D

chief31
12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
when WRs cant catch easy balls, there is no excuse... it is the WRs' fault.... not Haley, and not Cassel... the WR... ours blow, obviously...

I agree.

However, I hope that the team, Cassel included, is looking into things that Cassel can do to help make his passes easier on the receiving hands.

That is not to shift blame for dropped passes onto Cassel. But if he can do something to help, then I hope we find a way to get that done.