View Full Version : What we need in no particular order

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Brandon Jacobs type running back to compliment JC
RG
RT
C
Jason Dunn type TE
Brian Orakpo type pass rusher to help Tamba (and I wanted this guy bad and he now has 11 sacks as an OLB)
Tall speedy WR like Kenny Britt (who I also wanted and is having a good rookie year on a bad team)

7 guys RB,RG,RT,C,TE,LB,WR and we will be killing it.

yashi
12-16-2009, 10:40 AM
Brandon Jacobs type running back to compliment JC
RG
RT
C
Jason Dunn type TE
Brian Orakpo type pass rusher to help Tamba (and I wanted this guy bad and he now has 11 sacks as an OLB)
Tall speedy WR like Kenny Britt (who I also wanted and is having a good rookie year on a bad team)

7 guys RB,RG,RT,C,TE,LB,WR and we will be killing it.

I wish I could say I was as optimistic as you are, but I see a lot more needs.

RG/LT (depending on where they decide to put Albert)
NT
OLB
ILB (maybe 2)
SS
Backup RB
Fast WR
C
RT
Backup LG
KR/PR
Nickel CB

Even then, I have a hard time imagining us killing it because I'm not in love with a lot of the keepers.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 11:15 AM

NT
OLB
ILB (maybe 2)
SS
Backup RB
Fast WR
C
RT
Backup LG
KR/PR
Nickel CB

Even then, I have a hard time imagining us killing it because I'm not in love with a lot of the keepers.

I think Quinten Lawrence is a decent PR/KR

honda522
12-16-2009, 11:28 AM
I think Quinten Lawrence is a decent PR/KR
:lol:

I hope you are joking :lamende:

yashi
12-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Lawrence is a terrible KR. I don't even think that's debatable.

*catch ball*

*run in a straight line*

*crash into blockers and get tackled*

Not even 20 yards per kick return. That has to be among the worst in the league. Small sample, but still.. I haven't been remotely impressed with his field vision. We should draft Trindon Holliday in the 6th round.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Lawrence is a terrible KR. I don't even think that's debatable.

*catch ball*

*run in a straight line*

*crash into blockers and get tackled*

Not even 20 yards per kick return. That has to be among the worst in the league.

You guys can't take a joke on here, I was kidding. :bananen_smilies046:

yashi
12-16-2009, 11:50 AM
You guys can't take a joke on here, I was kidding. :bananen_smilies046:

I was hoping it was a joke, but sometimes it's hard to determine sarcasm on the internets, ya know??!1one?

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I was hoping it was a joke, but sometimes it's hard to determine sarcasm on the internets, ya know??!1one?

I know but he's really horrible, I thought you guys would realize that.

matthewschiefs
12-16-2009, 01:43 PM
What we need
Experiance
O line help even thought the o line has been decent as of late
A GOOD WR that can hold on to the FREAKING ball
A Good Pass rush guy outside of hali.
FS
SS
KR
PR

aside for that we are good :D

isht_starter
12-16-2009, 01:53 PM
At the very least the Chiefs need

1 HB
1 FB
1 TE
2 WR
4 OL
2 DT
2 ILB
1 OLB
1 CB
2 S
1 KR/PR

pbatrucker
12-16-2009, 02:04 PM

NT
OLB
ILB (maybe 2)
SS
Backup RB
Fast WR
C
RT
Backup LG
KR/PR
Nickel CB

You're pretty close!!! About the only thing we've rebuilt so far is the back end of the roster.

yashi
12-16-2009, 02:07 PM
You're pretty close!!! About the only thing we've rebuilt so far is the back end of the roster.

Hey, a great kicker, punter, and long snapper are something!

pbatrucker
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
Hey, a great kicker, punter, and long snapper are something!
You are correct, but the punter was already here.

chief31
12-16-2009, 03:25 PM
I would say....

1 LOT
1 ROT
1 C
1 SS
1 FS
1 NT
1 OLB
1 CB
1 OC
1 QB Coach
1 DC

That is for staring positions. I didn't want to bother with things like another RB, where we can do with a low round/UFA player.

I am fine with the WRs we have. And we don't have to have another Tony Gonzalez to be a good team.

QB, I am ready to see if we can protect Cassel and cut him loose some.

FB is not a position that I think is going to be playing a very big part in Haley's offense.

I say LOT because Albert has great potential as an OG. Getting a top-notch LOT and upgrading our RG spot like that would be a tremendous boost to our entire offense.

ROT might have been ok for this season, had we kept Sackintosh. He did surprisingly well last season.

But we are very shaky at C too.

We have young players with alot of upside already on our D-line. But I think everyone knows that we are quite questionable at NT. (Tank was doing pretty good... before we traded him away.)

Hali's recent explosion has me feeling a whole lot better about him. But Vrabel is not gonna be able to start for too much longer. Need to get someone in here to start preparing to fill that spot.

Carr might sufice as the second CB, but I have not been trusting him alot recently.

And, while I don't have a real big problem with Mike Brown, he is far from a young player, and does still worry me, when it comes to remaining healthy.

And I don't like Jared Page at all, as a starter.

Then, I also included a DC, OC and QB Coach. I think that those positions are going to be more important than any of the player positions.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I would say....

1 LOT
1 ROT
1 C
1 SS
1 FS
1 NT
1 OLB
1 CB
1 OC
1 QB Coach
1 DC

That is for staring positions. I didn't want to bother with things like another RB, where we can do with a low round/UFA player.

I am fine with the WRs we have. And we don't have to have another Tony Gonzalez to be a good team.

QB, I am ready to see if we can protect Cassel and cut him loose some.

FB is not a position that I think is going to be playing a very big part in Haley's offense.

I say LOT because Albert has great potential as an OG. Getting a top-notch LOT and upgrading our RG spot like that would be a tremendous boost to our entire offense.

ROT might have been ok for this season, had we kept Sackintosh. He did surprisingly well last season.

But we are very shaky at C too.

We have young players with alot of upside already on our D-line. But I think everyone knows that we are quite questionable at NT. (Tank was doing pretty good... before we traded him away.)

Hali's recent explosion has me feeling a whole lot better about him. But Vrabel is not gonna be able to start for too much longer. Need to get someone in here to start preparing to fill that spot.

Carr might sufice as the second CB, but I have not been trusting him alot recently.

And, while I don't have a real big problem with Mike Brown, he is far from a young player, and does still worry me, when it comes to remaining healthy.

And I don't like Jared Page at all, as a starter.

Then, I also included a DC, OC and QB Coach. I think that those positions are going to be more important than any of the player positions.

I said no particular order, we could pick up a RB as a FA or 4th round. OL is number one obviously, then pass rush, the skill positions like RB/WR, I don't think we need a TG type TE at all I want a blocking TE that's why I said Dunn he was a beast.

yashi
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
A Dunn clone sure would be nice. A blocking TE that was on the Giants Super Bowl team was tried out several weeks ago, but I guess nothing came of it. It's hard to find a TE who blocks as well as many offensive linemen and can also run some routes.

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
A Dunn clone sure would be nice. A blocking TE that was on the Giants Super Bowl team was tried out several weeks ago, but I guess nothing came of it. It's hard to find a TE who blocks as well as many offensive linemen and can also run some routes.

He's probably the most underrated TE ever.

brish
12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't understand why several of you wan't 2 ILB's.. I think at the most 1. Demorrio has been playing solid LB, and Mays has been producing more than anyone expected..
If we are to get an ILB then it should be with a relatively high pick, so the chance of getting someone actually better than those two is higher.

We definately need a thumper RB, C, RG, (RT or LT would be nice), WR, Atleast 1 maybe 2 safeties, OLB and finally a NT.

We also need an OC and a new WR coach.. Badly!
A new D-line coach and maybe a new DC.

All in all we have a long way to go!

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-16-2009, 08:44 PM
In very particular order, we need:

LT
C
RT -
WR
FS
TE
ILB
NT
ILB
OLB

Notice I have left tackle here, but not right guard. That's because I would imagine Albert will be moving to the right side of the line, which is fine by me. Anyone remember our last great right guard? His name was Will Shields.

edit: this is all just to become a competitive team. We also need a RB2, CB2, WR, AND FB

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 08:48 PM
In very particular order, we need:

LT
C
RT -
WR
S
TE
ILB
NT
ILB
OLB

Notice I have left tackle here, but not right guard. That's because I would imagine Albert will be moving to the right side of the line, which is fine by me. Anyone remember our last great right guard? His name was Will Shields.
WR? What about Chris Chambers and Dwayne Bowe????!!!

Although a rookie WR would be nice.

Hayvern
12-16-2009, 10:49 PM

NT
OLB
ILB (maybe 2)
SS
Backup RB
Fast WR
C
RT
Backup LG
KR/PR
Nickel CB

Why didn't you just say a team, you could have saved me a lot of time!

KottkeKU
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
yeah we need a lot lol....

we need to start with an Offensive Coordinator, and also a Defensive Coord. QB, WR, OL, and DL coaches...

then we can start with the players.... i expect Pioli to fill OL (one or two starters)) and LB (one or two starters) via FREE AGENCY...

i say we draft One (or two later) O-Lineman, one Safety (MAYS/BERRY would be best..), and one WR all in the top 3 rounds (we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds..)

which still leaves NT, and maybe another Safety/ RB with question marks ( i have been saying we should draft L.Blount, RB-Oregon since i think he would be great value later in the draft, like 4-5th rounds, and would be a perfect compliment to J.Charles...)

its hard to fill as many holes as we have in this upcoming offseason.... so it may be another year or two before we really start to see a good product on the field...and that is best case scenario lol...

but i trust in Pioli :)

josh1971
12-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Definitely NT, Safeties, Beastly pass rusher, and above all else- offensive linemen.

It will seem amazing how good JC, our receivers, and QB are with a great O-line.

jb

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-17-2009, 02:37 PM
One has to wonder just how far Taylor Mays will fall. Remember that Maualuga was supposed to be the first LB off the board until Curry starting rocketing up.

If mays fell to the top of the 2nd round i would be so happy to get him there.

I was hoping for Golden Tate, but it isn't looking like he'll fall out of the first.

Personally, I think we should go with Okung, then get a middle linebacker and safety in the 2nd round.

this is assuming that Berry goes before we can get him.

pbatrucker
12-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Are you kidding, no matter how bad Al Davis needs a QB, Al drafting Mays is a given.

Bike
12-18-2009, 06:35 PM
HC
OC
DC
RT
RG
C
SS
FS
NT
ILB
Just for starters. We really need an entire team.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-18-2009, 07:04 PM
It's easier to say the players who don't need to be replaced (yet):

Dorsey
Hali
Cassel
Colquit
Albert*
Waters**
Flowers
Jackson***
Succop
Charles

* Albert could be replaced and move to right guard, or we could just draft a right guard.
**waters is no spring chicken, and he might not want to stick around.
***all defensive linemen need a couple of years. jury still out on jackson.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Good list, I agree

Miller
12-18-2009, 08:05 PM
OL
NT
WR
RB
and a coach that tells the Head coach when to go for it on 4th down.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2009, 08:23 PM
OL
NT
WR
RB

When you say WR and RB do you mean backups?

KristofLaw
12-19-2009, 03:53 AM
OL
NT
WR
RB

Yes, we need a good back-up coach. :bananen_smilies046:

Miller
12-19-2009, 07:56 PM
When you say WR and RB do you mean backups?

Yes, we need depth at every position. But, we need WR depth for sure. I love JC but he is 199lbs, its going to be tough to run him and keep him injury free

Coach
12-19-2009, 11:43 PM
In order:
DC
OC
RT
RG
NT
C
LB
S

Then depth at:
RB
WR
CB

AussieChiefsFan
12-20-2009, 04:16 AM
In order:
DC
OC
RT
RG
NT
C
LB
S

Then depth at:
RB
WR
CB
I agree!

I dont agree

pbatrucker
12-20-2009, 05:09 AM
I agree!

I dont agree
What do we really have for LB's? Vrabel, a good leader for our young defense. Trruth is, he's lost a step or two and is no longer a play maker. D. Williams, leads the team in tackles, problem is they are usually 5 or 6 yds past the line of scrimage. Mays, is just what he has always been, a good special teams player. Hali, we all love his hard play. This off season he has to work on reading what the offense is doing and leard more pass rush moves. Teams know what he's going to do and either run inside of him or quick screen to his side.
So yes we need at least two and depending on Studebakers improvement, possibly 3 LB's. All those rushing Yards we're giving up aren't all the Dl's fault and we all know they are laking cover skills.

AussieChiefsFan
12-20-2009, 05:15 AM
What do we really have for LB's? Vrabel, a good leader for our young defense. Trruth is, he's lost a step or two and is no longer a play maker. D. Williams, leads the team in tackles, problem is they are usually 5 or 6 yds past the line of scrimage. Mays, is just what he has always been, a good special teams player. Hali, we all love his hard play. This off season he has to work on reading what the offense is doing and leard more pass rush moves. Teams know what he's going to do and either run inside of him or quick screen to his side.
So yes we need at least two and depending on Studebakers improvement, possibly 3 LB's. All those rushing Yards we're giving up aren't all the Dl's fault and we all know they are laking cover skills.
We DO have DJ and Andy Studebaker

pbatrucker
12-20-2009, 05:31 AM
We DO have DJ and Andy Studebaker
As talented as Dj is, truth is he is out of position way to often. Has to learn the system and be disiplinded enough to cover his assignments.

AussieChiefsFan
12-20-2009, 05:45 AM
As talented as Dj is, truth is he is out of position way to often. Has to learn the system and be disiplinded enough to cover his assignments.

Would it be good to have another guy like DJ or not?

pbatrucker
12-20-2009, 05:54 AM
Would it be good to have another guy like DJ or not?
At this time no. If he can learn to use his ability and his brain at the same time, YES!

AussieChiefsFan
12-20-2009, 06:20 AM
At this time no. If he can learn to use his ability and his brain at the same time, YES!

:bananen_smilies046: