PDA

View Full Version : NY Times Post (It's official, Cassel sucks)

sdeberg74
12-16-2009, 05:25 PM
A post from the NYTimes Fifth Down bog (via NFLStatAnalysis (www.nflstatanalysis.net) )

KC has been involved in two of the games with the worst quarterbacking.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/passer-ratings-bad-and-worse/#preview

And, as far as individual performances, Cassel has had two of the 20 worst of the season.

NFLStatAnalysis: Passer Rating: Worst Weeks of The Season (http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2009/12/ten-worst-performances-of-season.html)

When will this get better?!?!?!? Dickie V where are you?!?!?!?

figcrostic
12-16-2009, 06:12 PM
A post from the NYTimes Fifth Down bog (via NFLStatAnalysis (http://www.nflstatanalysis.net) )

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/passer-ratings-bad-and-worse/#preview

And, as far as individual performances, Cassel has had two of the 20 worst of the season.

NFLStatAnalysis: Passer Rating: Worst Weeks of The Season (http://www.nflstatanalysis.net/2009/12/ten-worst-performances-of-season.html)

I don't like Cassel and I wouldn't even say he sucks Jamarcus Rusell sucks, Cassel just isn't good.

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
A post from the NYTimes Fifth Down bog (via NFLStatAnalysis (www.nflstatanalysis.net) )

Wow that IS bad!

Maybe I wasnt so wrong with me thinking we could draft a 1st or 2nd round QB and maybe release Matt Gutierrez.

honda522
12-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Get this propaganda off here.

Chief Tyler
12-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow that IS bad!

Maybe I wasnt so wrong with me thinking we could draft a 1st or 2nd round QB and maybe release Matt Gutierrez.

For how much Cassel is making and what we gave up for him, you can't just throw around another high pick, especially this early, no matter how bad he is. If that happened, Haley and possibly Pioli would be out of the job. They'd be admitting they were wrong and they screwed up. Uncapped year or not next year, 60-70 million+ for two players of the same position is ridiculous and not practical.

I'm not ready to give up on Cassel yet, Peyton Manning wouldn't be anything more than average at best on this team. Besides, look at the rest of the chart. Stafford and "Sanchize" are rated lower. If Sanchez was on this team like some people had hoped for, his numbers would be astronomically lower than they already are.

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 07:32 PM
For how much Cassel is making and what we gave up for him, you can't just throw around another high pick, especially this early, no matter how bad he is. If that happened, Haley and possibly Pioli would be out of the job. They'd be admitting they were wrong and they screwed up. Uncapped year or not next year, 60-70 million+ for two players of the same position is ridiculous and not practical.

I'm not ready to give up on Cassel yet, Peyton Manning wouldn't be anything more than average at best on this team. Besides, look at the rest of the chart. Stafford and "Sanchize" are rated lower. If Sanchez was on this team like some people had hoped for, his numbers would be astronomically lower than they already are.

What if he was "Jamarcus Russell" bad?

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Get this propaganda off here.

Me??

Vandelay
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Me??
No, he was talking about the guy that started this thread.

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 07:37 PM
No, he was talking about the guy that started this thread.

phew..*

CapitalT
12-16-2009, 07:45 PM
I know I'm tempting fate by saying this but ... I think we should simply be happy Cassel has made it though the most of the season without injury.

He has had some bad games but we won't really know how good, or bad, he is until has a better o-line in front of him.

It just may be that his passer rating might improve with more time to throw and a few more caught balls.

honda522
12-16-2009, 07:55 PM
phew..*
Yea, seems alittle suspicious the guy has 1 post and his post is about how bad Cassel is...must be a donk fan.

AussieChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 07:59 PM
Yea, seems alittle suspicious the guy has 1 post and his post is about how bad Cassel is...must be a donk fan.

Probably:D

josh1971
12-16-2009, 08:18 PM
A post from the NYTimes Fifth Down bog (via NFLStatAnalysis (http://www.nflstatanalysis.net) )

The Fifth Down Blog - NYTimes.com (http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/12/16/passer-ratings-bad-and-worse/#preview)

I care even less about a NY times BLOG than I do about what Bronco fans on these boards think. That was a lot of math, and funny thing? It does not matter.

Not one bit.

More ridiculously over-analyzed gobbledy gook that takes away from the enjoyment of just watching the game.

captainamerica
12-16-2009, 11:02 PM
What do you think we could get for Cassel via trade? Do you think McDaniels is still interested and if so how much do you think he'd be willing to give up?

nigeriannightmare
12-16-2009, 11:58 PM
I know I'm tempting fate by saying this but ... I think we should simply be happy Cassel has made it though the most of the season without injury.

He has had some bad games but we won't really know how good, or bad, he is until has a better o-line in front of him.

It just may be that his passer rating might improve with more time to throw and a few more caught balls.

I do believe we lead the league in dropped balls. Not to mention a poor offensive line, can't judge him on this season.

KottkeKU
12-17-2009, 12:48 AM
your not figuring in the fact that we have 39 (the MOST in the NFL) dropped passes... and the fact this is his first year with the team. O-Line sucks, like worst 5 or so in the league sucks....give the fu&*in guy a break man... these stats dont reflect his ability when your just talking about Matt Cassel *this* season.... just wait till next year...... way to keep the spirit on your team's QB, i hope he isnt your favorite player next year when he starts swacking...

chief31
12-17-2009, 01:02 AM
Wow that IS bad!

No you weren't wrong. It's your opinion.

It just so happens that opinion will be immediately dismissed as buffoonery by most people.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 01:24 AM
No you weren't wrong. It's your opinion.

It just so happens that opinion will be immediately dismissed as buffoonery by most people.

hmmmm

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 01:34 AM
What I think he's saying Aussie is that an opinion that people do not agree with "will be dismissed as buffoonery".

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 01:35 AM
What I think he's saying Aussie is that an opinion that people do not agree with "will be dismissed as buffoonery".

Which he's say 'isn't' a good thing.. Right?

chief31
12-17-2009, 01:36 AM
hmmmm

Sorry. But most people will look at that opinion, and think that it is probably sarcasm, or something.

The Chiefs just made a big move for their QBOTF. Few people would seriously entertain the notion of doing that again, after only one season.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Sorry. But most people will look at that opinion, and think that it is probably sarcasm, or something.

The Chiefs just made a big move for their QBOTF. Few people would seriously entertain the notion of doing that again, after only one season.

????

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 01:39 AM
Which he's say 'isn't' a good thing.. Right?

Not generally, but it is your opinion; you're entitled to it and don't have to apologize for it either.

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 01:40 AM

Ahhhh, I see now.

Yup, gotta agree.

chief31
12-17-2009, 01:42 AM
????

QBOTF = QuarterBack Of The Future.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 02:38 AM
QBOTF = QuarterBack Of The Future.

Oh...

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Yer learnin boyo! :D

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 02:59 AM
Yer learnin boyo! :D

:bananen_smilies046: :D

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 03:00 AM
:bananen_smilies046: :D

:fan_wave2:

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 03:05 AM
:fan_wave2:

:fan_wave2: :D

texaschief
12-17-2009, 05:40 AM
After 7 or so years of being a backup QB, Matt Cassel stepped into a good (no longer great) New England Patriot team and won ELEVEN games.

Guys, he's not the cure-all answer some of y'all were all hoping he'd be, but he's also not the majority of the problem. He has shown that with a good (not great) team around him, that he can be as good as any QB in the league. It's REALLY tough to succeed when you're set up to fail with a horrible O-line, a WR corp that loves to drop passes or deflect them into the air to be intercepted, no QB coach, no OC, and a head coach that does a great job of making sure you get to play from behind the entire game.

Besides... show me a better option. There won't be a franchise cornerstone QB in free agency OR in the draft.

Chiefster
12-17-2009, 10:57 AM
After 7 or so years of being a backup QB, Matt Cassel stepped into a good (no longer great) New England Patriot team and won ELEVEN games.

Guys, he's not the cure-all answer some of y'all were all hoping he'd be, but he's also not the majority of the problem. He has shown that with a good (not great) team around him, that he can be as good as any QB in the league. It's REALLY tough to succeed when you're set up to fail with a horrible O-line, a WR corp that loves to drop passes or deflect them into the air to be intercepted, no QB coach, no OC, and a head coach that does a great job of making sure you get to play from behind the entire game.

Besides... show me a better option. There won't be a franchise cornerstone QB in free agency OR in the draft.

Great reply. I have had a couple of problems with Cassel and have stated them in various threads, but I have to say that I, also, agree with your assessment of him.

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Yeah I think we do need to give him a better OL but he isnt that great anyway, I eam he can throw the ball but not amazingly. Dont get me wrong though, I dont "hate" him, I would like to see him get better (if he does). Because as a Backup QB you dont get to play much but now hes "the" QB of the team so he has the chance to get better more quickly, (once again, if he does)

N TX Dave
12-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Did you notice both of the bad games were against the bolts? Even our defense managed to get on there twice even though we lost one of the games.