12-17-2009, 06:04 PM
maybe scott will wake up now and spend money on real FA not washed up trash

figcrostic
12-17-2009, 06:07 PM
maybe scott will wake up now and spend money on real FA not washed up trash

If this isn't a kick in balls I don't know what is :pointlaugh:

matthewschiefs
12-17-2009, 06:07 PM
Thats never been scotts thing. He mostly built his team throught the draft. Moss and a couple other are execptions but it would mostly done throught the draft.

pbatrucker
12-17-2009, 06:09 PM
I guess I'd better get to Clancys early to get a seat.

figcrostic
12-17-2009, 06:12 PM
somebody will have it up on justin.tv

matthewschiefs
12-17-2009, 06:19 PM
somebody will have it up on justin.tv

Hopefuly that or homertv I to will be looking for the game online as my local station is showing the lams vs texans instead of the Chiefs. :lamende:

yashi
12-17-2009, 06:19 PM
In a way it's not a bad thing. This sends a message from the fans to the front office: make this team better or we're not going to buy tickets.

Kid Azteca
12-17-2009, 06:42 PM
I never thought I would ever see this happen to K.C. I truly feel for you guys.

#58ChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 07:06 PM
19 years and 157 games without a blackout. It is a sad day for Chiefs football.:drunkhb: :toast2:

N TX Dave
12-17-2009, 07:16 PM
19 years and 157 games without a blackout. It is a sad day for Chiefs football.:drunkhb: :toast2:
Yes it is but when you have a bad product people are not going to spend money with times the way they are on it. I mean they are 9-36 over the last three years that is getting to see 4 loses to every win over that time.

:sign0094: do they expect? :sterb003:

honda522
12-17-2009, 07:26 PM
What did you expect?

Buy the way, bringing in every free agent out on the market will not sell tickets and will not help win games.

Several free agent have been brought in and nothing.

hayden2004
12-17-2009, 07:31 PM
im sorry if u call mike brown a real FA then your just not a real football fan we bring in trash FA every year dude u name 1 top FA WE BROUGHT IN I DARE U

Canada
12-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Yes it is but when you have a bad product people are not going to spend money with times the way they are on it. I mean they are 9-36 over the last three years that is getting to see 4 loses to every win over that time.

I think the team should have bought all the extra tickets and given them away for Christmas. The rest of us have spent money on them this season, why shouldn't they bite the bullet like the rest of us!! :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 07:34 PM
I think the team should have bought all the extra tickets and given them away for Christmas. The rest of us have spent money on them this season, why shouldn't they bite the bullet like the rest of us!! :bananen_smilies046:
send a few to australia too! :D

figcrostic
12-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Second that :bananen_smilies046:

marloweopatchiefs
12-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Well i'll be watching it since i got the nfl package deal on direct tv then i suppose

AussieChiefsFan
12-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Well i'll be watching it since i got the nfl package deal on direct tv then i suppose
Next year i might get NFL GamePass

moonshiner
12-17-2009, 10:03 PM

YEP!:11:
As much as many would like to blame this on CP & Herm destroying the team .. its too late for that .. this on the new regime PERIOD!

yashi
12-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Next year i might get NFL GamePass

I have Game Pass and I live in the US. I'm tricky. :D

tornadospotter
12-17-2009, 11:00 PM
YEP!:11:
As much as many would like to blame this on CP & Herm destroying the team .. its too late for that .. this on the new regime PERIOD!
:11:Yep!:drunkhb:

wildcat
12-17-2009, 11:14 PM
So, if I live in Manhattan, KS but my local stations are out of Topeka, will I be able to watch the game? Common sense tell me no, but I do not want to accept that.

tornadospotter
12-17-2009, 11:22 PM
:11:I agree, Clark should do this, after all it is a tax write off, helping the needy, and Chiefs fans are in need!!!

Connie Jo
12-17-2009, 11:44 PM

I totally agree! Not only would they be giving out free tickets as Christmas gifts to fans, but they would be giving a Christmas gift to all fans who normally watch the game on TV too!

I wonder if there is an NFL regulation, bylaw, whatever...that says they can't buy their own tickets?

If there is no legal or justified reason they can't, then I find it pathetic they don't buy all their own tickets and allow fans to attend the game, as well as watch on TV. They need to 'pay it forward' to the loyal fans who still support the team regardless of winning or losing.

Chief Tyler
12-18-2009, 12:22 AM
Anybody know if NFL network is going to have it? Although, with how bad those Cox suckers are in Manhattan, I'd doubt it.

Connie Jo
12-18-2009, 12:36 AM
I don't think the Topeka local will be able to air the game if their KC affiliate can't.

Not sure how accurate the info is, but I was told that the Topeka local pay's their KC affliate to air the game. Local networks bid against one another for airing rights of games not nationally televised, so the winner then has the right to sell or not, to their regional affliates. Since the KC local can't legally air the game themselves, I assume their neighboring affilates would not be able to buy airing rights from them.

Connie Jo
12-18-2009, 12:39 AM
Anybody know if NFL network is going to have it? Although, with how bad those Cox suckers are in Manhattan, I'd doubt it.

I read in another related thread where some say NFL Sunday Ticket will carry Chiefs games when blacked out...but NFL Network normally only shows games with airing rights owned by other networks...at a different time.

hometeam
12-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Just throwing this out there...

You have to remember, not all FA's want to come here. Especially the type you consider a 'real' FA. You have to remember that there are plenty of teams out there going for these guys.

Sn@keIze
12-18-2009, 01:21 AM
In a way it's not a bad thing. This sends a message from the fans to the front office: make this team better or we're not going to buy tickets.yep! and that message is a big birdie right to Clark Kunt.

19 years and 157 games without a blackout. It is a sad day for Chiefs football.:drunkhb: :toast2:Yep! Rep!

I think the team should have bought all the extra tickets and given them away for Christmas. The rest of us have spent money on them this season, why shouldn't they bite the bullet like the rest of us!! :bananen_smilies046:I think Clark should have. But clark wont, thats not profitable.

This is what u get for not sincerely wanting to win and being a business man in the NFL.

Anybody know if NFL network is going to have it? Although, with how bad those Cox suckers are in Manhattan, I'd doubt it.The only way u will see it on NFL is if it is a good game and they re-air it on NFL Network.

Connie Jo
12-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Actually, I think it's very profitable for Clark to give away the tickets, for the following reasons, not necessarily in order of significance, but #1 is, haha!

#1...tax write off...he profits.
#2...makes some unhappy fans happy...he profits.
#3...Chiefs get percentages of all vendor and souvenir sales...he profits.
#4...Fans attending may spend more than normal if the ticket was free, from above mentioned vendors & on souvenirs...he profits.
#5...great PR...he profits.

Chief Tyler
12-18-2009, 01:35 AM
The only way u will see it on NFL is if it is a good game and they re-air it on NFL Network.Yea, having NFL network, you'd think I know the answer to that question :P. But I'm only 20 so I can't remember the last time a game as blacked out, thereby having to find other means of watching outside of local television.

Oh well, here's to hoping the internetz has it! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-18-2009, 03:27 AM
I never thought I would ever see this happen to K.C. I truly feel for you guys.

It has been a long time coming. Honestly, I doubt Clark wants to give TV time to the sack heads anyway.

kilobytes
12-18-2009, 04:47 PM
No prob. Ill just watch it on Justin.tv for free if someone is going to stream this.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-18-2009, 06:14 PM
My goodness there's some very limited thinking here.

I love how you people think that business owners should give their product away for free when you won't buy it.

Even better is the thought that they should, in addition to paying for the creation of the product, they should pay the retail cost so that you can have the product for free.

If you don't want to buy the product, then don't, but don't complain that you aren't getting it for free.

Do you think that you should get free Ford's, simply because they haven't been a great product? Do you think that ford should pay to build the cars, then pay sticker price FOR you, then give them away?

Wake.

the hell.

Up.

Canada
12-18-2009, 10:17 PM

I love how you people think that business owners should give their product away for free when you won't buy it.

Even better is the thought that they should, in addition to paying for the creation of the product, they should pay the retail cost so that you can have the product for free.

If you don't want to buy the product, then don't, but don't complain that you aren't getting it for free.

Do you think that you should get free Ford's, simply because they haven't been a great product? Do you think that ford should pay to build the cars, then pay sticker price FOR you, then give them away?

Wake.

the hell.

Up.

Did u just compare an NFL franchise with a car dealership?

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2009, 11:49 PM

:lol:

Chiefster
12-18-2009, 11:51 PM

It would appear so.

tornadospotter
12-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Besides, Obama doesn't own Ford, they did not take the Government bail out money!

tornadospotter
12-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Besides, Obama doesn't own Ford, they did not take the Government bail out money!
Opps, I thought I was in that other thread, talking about bail outs. Me bad, now what where we discussing here. Yes how Clark should put butts in the seats.:11:

Connie Jo
12-19-2009, 10:49 PM

Wake.

the hell.

Up.

No, I don't think that way, haha. The way I think is this way:

You see, I've been a loyal Chiefs fan in my 4th decade, since I was a young girl. I've literally spent thousands of dollars supporting my beloved Chiefs. I've also passed my red and gold blood on to my children and grandchildren, who also spend money on the Chiefs.

I'm talking paying to attend Draft Day each year as a family tradition, buying Chiefs gear over the years, as well as memorabilia and collectibles...and lastly, tickets to the games. I could also add in the fuel expense to get to the games, and it's a 3 hr round trip for me, as well as the money I've spent at Arrowhead's vendors, and so on.

I sorta think when the first blackout of 19 yrs arises...loyal fans like me, who have stood the test of time win or lose...have earned and deserve a bonus from the Hunts. Hell, call it a rebate, or cash back bonus...if we're gonna talk auto comparisons, hahaha.

Now, I realize there is no realistic way for the Hunt's to determine diehard fans from not...but, they could've made an effort somehow IMO. :)

Connie Jo
12-19-2009, 10:55 PM
PS: I'm also a Ford girl...to the core! My first car I bought myself at age 15 was a Ford! Been a Ford girl ever since, and I've never had an issue with my Ford products that would cause me to consider them a bad product! In fact, my

Connie Jo
12-19-2009, 10:58 PM
PS: I'm also a Ford girl...to the core! My first car I bought myself at age 15 was a Ford! Been a Ford girl ever since, and I've never had an issue with my Ford products that would cause me to consider them a bad product! In fact, my experience with Ford has been GREAT!

Besides...I have many Detroit friends who either still are, or were employee's of Ford, and buying Ford helps them, & others keep jobs. I'm also buy Red, White, and Blue to the core, haha. :)

Sn@keIze
12-20-2009, 12:14 AM

Wake.

the hell.

Up.Were u born yesterday?

If you dont make a good product.... u dont sell.

Have u never heard of how difficult is use to be it used to be here becuz of the fans. The fans supported the team whole heartedly. Had the rep of being the hardest place to play, because of the fans and the support from the fans.

Ownership and office got complacent with that.

Like in any sales. Not only do u have to have a good product. You have to keep and maintain that product with the times.

I do not think i have ever gave neg rep b4. Until now. Congrats.