PDA

View Full Version : If you guys are interested joining a Rivals Forum Network

NFLRivals
09-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I own www.nflrivals.com (http://www.nflrivals.com) we just started a rivals network, we have a few high traffic sites for other teams and are looking for a KC team to represent.

We dont need much particiapation from the admin here, our forum, http://forum.nflrivals.com isjust RSS feeds of your topics here, that simply link the fans and trtaffic straight to your site, instead of drawing any trtaffic to the rivals site. its basically a huge directory of nfl rival fan sites with teaser topics for fans to read and join in. There will be a Tailgate tv - nfl rivals youtube, similar to www.gobengalstv.com (http://www.gobengalstv.com) for fans to post tailgate videos and highlight videos whatever they want, strictly football, without the nazi like restrictions youtuibe has over copyright material.

its just a free network, we like your site and your forums here, if you guys are interested please PM me or email me.

Thanks
Ryan
NFLRivals.com

:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Is this Spamminig? I don't like Spam.

Guru
09-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Technically it is but since it is football related and wanting to specifically include some Chiefs fans, I think we can let it pass.

Admin, Chiefster? Whadaya think?

NFLRivals
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM

appreciate the warm welcome, im not selling anything and just inviting fans and the admin to branch out, at my personal cost and expense. i apologize if thats against the rules... i guess.

chief31
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I think that this is something that Admin would have to look into. But, at first glance, it looks like there could be something to gain, for the crowd here.

Coach
09-02-2007, 11:11 PM
PM sent to NFLRIvals.

Chiefster
09-02-2007, 11:32 PM
Technically it is but since it is football related and wanting to specifically include some Chiefs fans, I think we can let it pass.

Admin, Chiefster? Whadaya think?

If I'm not mistaking much of what we do here is through RSS feeds. Personally I have nothing against a directory sight.

Posting specific links to another site in a thread starter or reply could easily be construed as "spam", and my well have been better presented to admin in a PM. Having thus said, I don't find anything here to be of a malicious "spam" intent.

admin??

Coach
09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
The offer he is proposing sounds like one that will drive more Chiefs fans to this site. So I shot him a PM to get more details.

NFLRivals
09-03-2007, 12:08 AM
thanks for the communication guys, i replied to the PM, hope to hear back from you soon.

:sign0104:

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 02:05 AM
The offer he is proposing sounds like one that will drive more Chiefs fans to this site. So I shot him a PM to get more details.

This was my thinking as well.

thanks for the communication guys, i replied to the PM, hope to hear back from you soon.

:sign0104:

Cool! :D

Guru
09-03-2007, 09:47 AM

That was exactly how I felt about it too. If it helps our site, how can it hurt.

sling58
09-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I am all for more fans but like the fact that there is no spam. Sorry if I upset anyone by my earlier post

Canada
09-03-2007, 12:41 PM
That's OK, I'll get over it!!

luv
09-03-2007, 01:32 PM
I am all for more fans but like the fact that there is no spam. Sorry if I upset anyone by my earlier post
We have that in common. When I first read this, I immediately thought spam as well. I don't like it when people suggest other sites with their first post. If admin decided it was good for the site, then I'm fine with that. Keep in mind that, along with more Chiefs fans, we'll also be getting more trolls.

Coach
09-03-2007, 02:43 PM

It didn't upset me. I appreciate all of you keeping your eye out for spam. Rep added. This turned out not be spam, but many others are. So keep up the good work. I am going to let NFLRivals syndicate our posts on their site. As LUV said, this will likely result in more trolls, but it can be fun to beat up on trolls occasionally.

luv
09-03-2007, 02:52 PM
It didn't upset me. I appreciate all of you keeping your eye out for spam. Rep added. This turned out not be spam, but many others are. So keep up the good work. I am going to let NFLRivals syndicate our posts on their site. As LUV said, this will likely result in more trolls, but it can be fun to beat up on trolls occasionally.
Yeah, you might need a few more mods. The higher the number of users, the higher percentage of said trolls. I really hope I'm wrong.

It'll be nice having a few more people on here though. Maybe we could get a decent night crew going. :)

Coach
09-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Maybe we could get a decent night crew going. :)

I'm sure no offense was intended to the current night crew.:lol:

luv
09-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm sure no offense was intended to the current night crew.:lol:
Yes, no offense rbedgood, Guru, Chieftster, and the occasional stlchief and chief31.

Canada
09-03-2007, 03:30 PM
what....am I invisible??

luv
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
what....am I invisible??
Sorry. :(

It's like trying to memorize my Wal-Mart shopping list. I always forget something.

Guru
09-03-2007, 03:48 PM

It's like trying to memorize my Wal-Mart shopping list. I always forget something.

You are comparing us to a WalMart shopping list?????:mob::sign0153:

Canada
09-03-2007, 04:35 PM

:lol: That's OK...everyone forgets the quiet guy!! :bananen_smilies046:

luv
09-03-2007, 08:10 PM
What is with the ads between some posts?

Canada
09-03-2007, 09:42 PM
They are advertisements for goods and/or services!!

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
They are advertisements for goods and/or services!!

Yup, the google ads are an attempt to bring in some revenue to be used on prizes and such.

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Yes, no offense rbedgood, Guru, Chieftster, and the occasional stlchief and chief31.

I am honored to be included among those listed considering that I work days. :)

Chiefster
09-03-2007, 10:56 PM
We have that in common. When I first read this, I immediately thought spam as well. I don't like it when people suggest other sites with their first post. If admin decided it was good for the site, then I'm fine with that. Keep in mind that, along with more Chiefs fans, we'll also be getting more trolls.

Trolls are inevitable; we shall dispense with them nicely! :D

rbedgood
09-03-2007, 11:31 PM
I've become a regular, and I really like LJ, but remember I'm kinda one of the "trolls" from another team that you're referring to...however as a 49er fan we have so much in common...Joe Montana for starters, also we hate the same teams (Faders, Donks, and Lambs), and as a fantasy football nut, I want the Chiefs to do well as I have LJ in a few leagues as well as Dwayne Bowe in 2.

luv
09-03-2007, 11:36 PM
I've become a regular, and I really like LJ, but remember I'm kinda one of the "trolls" from another team that you're referring to...however as a 49er fan we have so much in common...Joe Montana for starters, also we hate the same teams (Faders, Donks, and Lambs), and as a fantasy football nut, I want the Chiefs to do well as I have LJ in a few leagues as well as Dwayne Bowe in 2.
Just because you're the fan of another team doesn't make you a troll. Trolls are fans from other teams whose soul purpose is to be a ****-stirrer. They're useless, annoying, and generally stupid.

rbedgood
09-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Just because you're the fan of another team doesn't make you a troll. Trolls are fans from other teams whose soul purpose is to be a ****-stirrer. They're useless, annoying, and generally stupid.

useless...uh-oh...she's talking about me
Annoying...ummmm....still me...
Generally stupid...whew, I think I barely got off the hook on this one...

stlchief
09-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Just to be the dissenting vote: I prefer an all-Chiefs site. I have ZERO interest in getting in debates with fans for other teams on who is better or why.

Guru
09-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Just (http://www.museumoftransport.org/) to be the dissenting vote: I prefer an all-Chiefs site. I have ZERO interest in getting in debates with fans for other teams on who is better or why.

Ooooh, subliminal spammer. :lol:

stlchief
09-04-2007, 12:29 AM

Dang - I edited my unintentional link (go there or not, it is not that exciting), but it is still in your reply.

Apologies to all....

luv
09-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Just to be the dissenting vote: I prefer an all-Chiefs site. I have ZERO interest in getting in debates with fans for other teams on who is better or why.
It can be fun, and educating, but I tend to agree with you. Those we have here from other teams aren't afraid to talk Chiefs. Heck, I never would have even known rbedgood was a 49er fan if he hadn't mentioned it.

What I'm not liking are the ad banners between posts. Did I not notice them before, or did this merger bring them on?

Guru
09-04-2007, 03:09 AM
There is a method to the madness.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 05:48 AM

...Then don't. Just talk about our beloved Chiefs and simply place on your ignore list whoever agrivates you.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 05:54 AM

Heh! :lol:

It can be fun, and educating, but I tend to agree with you. Those we have here from other teams aren't afraid to talk Chiefs. Heck, I never would have even known rbedgood was a 49er fan if he hadn't mentioned it.

What I'm not liking are the ad banners between posts. Did I not notice them before, or did this merger bring them on?

We have a great group here. There will be trolls but I think we have enough really educated Chiefs fans here to put them in their place, plus when they begin to violate board rules we mods will take great pleasure in banning them. :D

Guru
09-04-2007, 06:21 AM
Heh! :lol:

We have a great group here. There will be trolls but I think we have enough really educated Chiefs fans here to put them in their place, plus when they begin to violate board rules we mods will take great pleasure in banning them. :D

Reminds me of a great movie quote.....

"I'll take pleasure in guttin' you, boy!"

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 06:37 AM
Reminds me of a great movie quote.....

"I'll take pleasure in guttin' you, boy!"

Ah yes! "The Rock" Classic movie! :D