PDA

View Full Version : how much money do chiefs have now in salary cap

marloweopatchiefs
12-18-2009, 12:58 PM
i just remember seeing kc had like 30 million in salrary cap money...and compared to the rest i think the other 3 teams were in the 3-8 million range we had alot more. Is it just me or do you think maybe they didn't spend that much money on FA last offseason on purpose? So they will have more to spend on this off season on better FA's. just a thought

Chiefster
12-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Good question; probably enough to significantly reduce the national debt.

figcrostic
12-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Good question; probably enough to significantly reduce the national debt.

Yeah right, your taking millions we own China alone Trillions with a T.:punk:

Drunker Hillbilly
12-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Plenty of money to spend.......

The following is a list of the maximum amount of money each of the NFL teams has remaining to spend under the salary cap. Yahoo Sports was the source of this list.

1. Tampa Bay $42.8 million

2. New Orleans $31.1 million

3. Kansas City $30.0 million

4. Tennessee $27.2 million

5. Buffalo $26.6 million

6. Jacksonville $26.2 million

7. Green Bay $24.4 million

8. Chicago $22.5 million

9. Miami $21.0 million

10. San Diego $18.7 million

11. Minnesota $18.6 million

12. Houston $15.6 million

13. Denver $15.2 million

14. San Francisco $15.0 million

15. St. Louis $14.6 million

16. Philadelphia $13.9 million

17. Cincinnati $13.3 million

18. Atlanta $12.5 million

19. Cleveland $12.0 million

20. New York Giants (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyg/;_ylt=AkYwaU2s7paGjrpzlo6C3EbsYNAF) $11.1 million

21. New England $10.8 million

22. Seattle $9.1 million

23. Carolina $8.3 million

24. Washington $7.7 million

25. Indianapolis $7.6 million

26. Oakland $6.4 million

27. Baltimore $4.7 million

28. New York Jets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/nyj/;_ylt=Atjq0BjDqzeS5RGEqLxUFbnsYNAF) $4.5 million

29. Detroit $4.4 million

30. Dallas $3.9 million

31. Pittsburgh $1.3 million

32. Arizona $310,078

pbatrucker
12-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I believe under the rules, the money under the cap has to be split between players that have been on the roster during the year. I don't think it is carried over.

yashi
12-18-2009, 03:01 PM
It seems like we've spent a lot this season. Is that list up to date? We have Chambers and Wade on the books, among all the other free agents we signed mid-season.

Drunker Hillbilly
12-18-2009, 05:36 PM
It seems like we've spent a lot this season. Is that list up to date? We have Chambers and Wade on the books, among all the other free agents we signed mid-season.
Its the only one I could find. I did not put a lot of effort into it. I'll see if I can find another.

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-18-2009, 06:40 PM
It doesn't matter at the moment, since there will be a number of players that will likely be cut before June 1st.

It's probably not far off from that figure.

There are a few significant defensive free agents. I wouldn't be surprised to see another front-loaded contract this year. Cassel's contract apparently doesn't carry large cap hits later on. Just another reason why I think Pioli is smarter than we give him credit for. By the time Cassel is in his fourth year, his cap hit will be low enough that we could replace him without it crippling us.

Personally, I would like to see us get TWO inside linebackers in free agency. It's one of those positions that I don't think needs to be home grown. Vilma, bart scott, donnie edwards come to mind as guys who left in free agency and still produced at a high level. Each of those guys turned around the defense they joined.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2009, 06:56 PM
i just remember seeing kc had like 30 million in salrary cap money...and compared to the rest i think the other 3 teams were in the 3-8 million range we had alot more. Is it just me or do you think maybe they didn't spend that much money on FA last offseason on purpose? So they will have more to spend on this off season on better FA's. just a thought

I hope so

N TX Dave
12-18-2009, 07:42 PM
No I think the cap is like the a federal agency budget you lose it if you don't spend. That is not to say the owner really loses the money he in fact saves the money. It does not give more money the next year. So if we are say $20 million under the cap Clark just had $20,000,000 added to his profit this year.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2009, 07:52 PM
So you're trying to say that if a team doesn't spend all of it's money it doesn't add onto the amount of money the team has the next season?

yashi
12-18-2009, 08:02 PM
So you're trying to say that if a team doesn't spend all of it's money it doesn't add onto the amount of money the team has the next season?

Nope.

AussieChiefsFan
12-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Ok.….…

hometeam
12-18-2009, 11:18 PM
There is a minimum in the salary cap as well. If you dont spend X amount (not sure what the minimum is) than the difference making up to that amount is split among the players on your roster. After that, any salary cap you have is not transfered over to next year. Use it or lose it. Though, your not really losing it since it is just an alloted amount which is alloted to you again the next season.

Chiefster
12-18-2009, 11:23 PM
Yeah right, your taking millions we own China alone Trillions with a T.:punk:

It was a remark steeped in sarcasm; meaning one not to be taken seriously.

That is all.

Coach
12-19-2009, 03:26 PM
There is a minimum in the salary cap as well. If you dont spend X amount (not sure what the minimum is) than the difference making up to that amount is split among the players on your roster. After that, any salary cap you have is not transfered over to next year. Use it or lose it. Though, your not really losing it since it is just an alloted amount which is alloted to you again the next season.

Well put. The money doesn't come out of thin air. It comes out of Clark Hunt's pockets.

One last thing. If a new CBA (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80868b78&template=without-video&confirm=true) is not reached, next year could be an upcapped year which could create some crazy free agency scenarios.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
I'm sure its no coincidence that Arrowhead being revamped and spending very little the last 3 years I beleive.

He's trying to recoup some of the money he spent, it seems obvious its hurting the team also.
Money isnt everything in football as in baseball but you have to spend some to win.

Chiefster
12-20-2009, 09:51 AM
Well put. The money doesn't come out of thin air. It comes out of Clark Hunt's pockets.

One last thing. If a new CBA (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80868b78&template=without-video&confirm=true) is not reached, next year could be an upcapped year which could create some crazy free agency scenarios.

...Would spell bad news for the "small market teams", like the Chiefs IMO.