PDA

View Full Version : 1st Preseason Game thoughts?

hyperlite
08-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Despite it being somewhat hard to watch, it was just the first preseason game.

Loss factors:

1. Not playing:

Tony G
Brian Waters
Jimmy Wilkerson
Michael Bennett
Benny Sapp
Lenny Walls
Tamba Hali
Carlos Hall
Damon Huard
Brodie Croyle

3. New:

Head coach, offensive coordinator, several positon coaches

Defensive Scheme

4. Essentially a 4th string QB who hasn't played a snap in the NFL

Along with the regulars, (Shields, Green, LJ, Jared Allen, etc) I thought we got a good performances from Dustin Colquitt, Key Fox, Ron Edwards, James Reed, Kyle Turley, Kevin Sampson, Ronnie Cruz, Pollard and Page.

Notibable solid performances: Shane Burton, Clint Mitchell, Curry, Cris Johnson. Also Scanlon :-D and Boomer had a pretty good performance.

Embarrassing/bad performances: Eric Hicks, Ryan Sims, Jordan Black, Lionel Dalten, Printers (sorry, I know it was his first game, but still....)

What are your thoughts?

hyperlite

Chiefster
08-13-2006, 10:05 PM
My thoughts are mostly the same. I found it disturbing that we have yet to address the bootleg issues on defense. Missing from the list of those not playing is Hali. I really want to see how well he handles himself. If I'm mistaken let me know, but I don't remember seeing him play.

hyperlite
08-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I completely forgot to add him.

The bootleg thing was just embarrassing.

The factor was Houston is extremely limited on offense. They have to do something like call a bootleg 6 or 7 times to be successful.

We obviously didn't plan for it, but it actually could be good.

---wake up call, for the donks.

Chiefster
08-13-2006, 11:41 PM
hyperlite wrote:
I completely forgot to add him.

The bootleg thing was just embarrassing.

The factor was Houston is extremely limited on offense. They have to do something like call a bootleg 6 or 7 times to be successful.

We obviously didn't plan for it, but it actually could be good.

---wake up call, for the donks.

You know Shanarat had the Texans overnight Fed Ex the game tape to him.

hyperlite
08-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Hopefully we can adress the problem of the bootleg now that it was brought up early.

Otherwise we'd be dealing with it week 2.

And other teams would gameplan using it.

So....I'm somewhat glad Hicks sucks. :-D

Guru
08-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Chiefster wrote:
[quote]

Why would they need to do that? Kubiak was the offensive coordinator for Denver last year. I completely expected to see bootlegs in this game.

Herm "says" they were only going to run 2 coverages the entire game no matter what. I don't know that i buy that.

Chiefster
08-15-2006, 12:55 AM
Guru wrote:

Chiefster wrote:
[quote]

Why would they need to do that? Kubiak was the offensive coordinator for Denver last year. I completely expected to see bootlegs in this game.

Herm "says" they were only going to run 2 coverages the entire game no matter what. I don't know that i buy that.

...To see just how bad the Chiefs still stink at defending it??????? :shrug: :lol: :lol: :lol: