PDA

View Full Version : Heard a rumor...

Eydugstr
12-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Don't know if there's any truth to this or not, and if someone covered this in an earlier thread please post a link - But somebody told me that Haley has got the players on a diet, hoping to make them "leaner and meaner" but now they've got linemen that have lost so much weight it's been counter-productive.

Is there any truth to this at all?

yashi
12-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't know if there's any truth to this or not, and if someone covered this in an earlier thread please post a link - But somebody told me that Haley has got the players on a diet, hoping to make them "leaner and meaner" but now they've got linemen that have lost so much weight it's been counter-productive.

Is there any truth to this at all?

Aside from meals served at the practice facility itself, Haley has no control over what players are eating after they leave each day. It's no new story that he has had them work to lose weight since he feels he inherited a fat team. That has at least seemed to pay off a bit, as most teams are much worse off with injuries than we are, so conditioning seems to be one of the few positives this year.

Seek
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Fact, Hailey actually had all the players lose weight during the off season. His point was to haven them in better shape to play faster and longer into the game.

In my opinion. There is nothing wrong with this. People saying it is hurting the players, is finding people who complain about the coach instead of finding ways to win.

Eydugstr
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
That has at least seemed to pay off a bit, as most teams are much worse off with injuries than we are, so conditioning seems to be one of the few positives this year.

Good point. Didn't know quite what to make of it when I heard it.

SIC J
12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
Being on a diet doesn't necessarily mean you only eat certain foods. You can eat whatever you want but there's just a simple method to do it. Eat smaller portions and 6 times a day (every 3 hours). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner with 3 snacks in between. With the proper workout routine, you can lose weight, get stronger and condition your body just as well as any other workout.

Thats what most cage fighters do. I train with fighters myself and do the same thing. And I eat fast food all the time and I have lost weight, burned fat, and gained most of my muscle strength/memory back. The conditioning fighters do is MUCH better than NFL players do, thats for sure.

MDChiefs!
12-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Correct. Also, some people were really upset about the fact that Haley demanded that Brandon Albert lose weight to play LT...he already told us he wanted Albert to lose all that weight so he could start learning and using proper technique to play LT, and not rely so much on his weight because he would have issues with the Dwight Freeneys and Jaread Allens out there. Haley does know what he is doing, he just needs time...this is the first time in the last 3 seasons our players have actually been in football playing shape.

It's no new story that he has had them work to lose weight since he feels he inherited a fat team. That has at least seemed to pay off a bit, as most teams are much worse off with injuries than we are, so conditioning seems to be one of the few positives this year.

raiderhater79
12-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Dick Vermiel had the same problem with many chiefs players when he first started.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Dick Vermiel had the same problem with many chiefs players when he first started.
IN his third year with the Rams he took them to a SuperBowl Win. The 2 years before that he wasnt going that well. I wonder if Todd Haley can do that with the chiefs??????:D

hometeam
12-23-2009, 08:44 PM
IN his third year with the Rams he took them to a SuperBowl Win. The 2 years before that he wasnt going that well. I wonder if Todd Haley can do that with the chiefs??????:D

so if a = x

then

b must = x?

nope :(

chiefan
12-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Yeah, he made BA drop like 40 pounds which was stupid. Let him play at his comfortable weight.

Chiefster
12-24-2009, 02:07 AM
so if a = x

then

b must = x?

nope :(

Calculus, Trigonometry and Algebra is not allowed here! :D

tornadospotter
12-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Calculus, Trigonometry and Algebra is not allowed here! :D
:sign0153: Is not allowed, speak in words I understand Chiefster. :11: