PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question For Chiefs Fans

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Ok, so it looks as if Denver is yet again in the thralls of another epic late season collapse-this one subsequently worse the previous two. And our playoff hopes will more than likely hinge on the last game of the year versus the Kansas City Chiefs.

So my question to you is:

A) Would you rather be a spoiler and destroy Denver's chances of making the playoffs, thus ripping out the heart of every Bronco fan in existence?

Or

B) Lose-and assure yourself of picking Ndamukong Suh in this year's upcoming draft(I know, I know, he may not be there but go with it it)?

Sn@keIze
12-22-2009, 12:19 AM
A

And if we pic Suh Im going to rip Haley/Piolis heart out. Literally.

honda522
12-22-2009, 12:19 AM
I don't want Suh.

MDChiefs!
12-22-2009, 12:21 AM
for the love...We dont need Suh. >=O We have $90 mil wrapped up in our DEs already, and having him play NT would negate everything that made him such a monster in college. He is not a NT and we dont need another big money DE. no thanks. I would always rather win, especially after the season weve had. We could use that win badly

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2009, 12:24 AM
A....

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 12:28 AM
Ok-so you don't want the best defensive player in the draft for fear of being to D-lineman what Detroit is to receivers-fair enough.

Throw in any player you choose.

josh1971
12-22-2009, 12:35 AM
A

And if we pic Suh Im going to rip Haley/Piolis heart out. Literally.

This.

And hypothetically speaking, what if there was a bronco fan that posted on a Chiefs website, but he went away?

MDChiefs!
12-22-2009, 12:40 AM
HUGE difference. I dont think you get it...I would still always take the win

Ok-so you don't want the best defensive player in the draft for fear of being to D-lineman what Detroit is to receivers-fair enough.

Throw in any player you choose.

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I just want to interact with all five Chief fans left.

drstandley31
12-22-2009, 12:45 AM
The answer should always be win. And if it's against a division rival, then really win. F a bunch of draft picks. How many have we bust on anyway. just win. Couldn't care less if we pick first or 10th. We f'd up last years anyway, so what difference does it make

josh1971
12-22-2009, 12:51 AM
The answer should always be win. And if it's against a division rival, then really win. F a bunch of draft picks. How many have we bust on anyway. just win. Couldn't care less if we pick first or 10th. We f'd up last years anyway, so what difference does it make

Not entirely- we did get a good kicker out of the draft. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Not entirely- we did get a good kicker out of the draft. :bananen_smilies046:
yep, definately!

pbatrucker
12-22-2009, 01:01 AM
I'd rather rip your heart out. We have more pressing needs than DL. And we will fill a position of need regardless of one or two positions in the draft.

honda522
12-22-2009, 01:02 AM
How many Donk fans will jump ship after they lose their wild card spot?

Better yet, what if the Chiefs beat em at home?

Ortons head will be called for and so will McDainels.

I remember when Denver was PISSED at MC.D for trading cutler.

Reminds me of this...its changed a little bit since then but still......
http://i31.tinypic.com/fm5agz.gif

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2009, 01:20 AM
http://i31.tinypic.com/fm5agz.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 01:26 AM
None of that is new? There are still Denver fans that wish Shanny was here or that Cutler would have never been traded.

Denver fans are up in arms right now. Most feel like you guys did after week 2. Hell, we call for heads when we go 8-8.

As for jumping ship-never. We're the most loyal fan base in the league in my opinion. And for me personally, it's all gravy from here out. Being able to see Denver win a SB is bucket list type stuff. I don't really care if we never win another one honestly, because I lived through two and I will always enjoy the ride. Good or bad.

Although it would be nice.

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2009, 01:30 AM
None of that is new? There are still Denver fans that wish Shanny was here or that Cutler would have never been traded.

Denver fans are up in arms right now. Most feel like you guys did after week 2. Hell, we call for heads when we go 8-8.

As for jumping ship-never. We're the most loyal fan base in the league in my opinion. And for me personally, it's all gravy from here out. Being able to see Denver win a SB is bucket list type stuff. I don't really care if we never win another one honestly, because I lived through two and I will always enjoy the ride. Good or bad.

Although it would be nice.:sign0178: :sign0023: Not the right thing to say

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 01:34 AM
We could win 10 more Super Bowls and none of them combined would have felt like the first one.

Denver fans would have died happy with one.

AussieChiefsFan
12-22-2009, 01:37 AM
We could win 10 more Super Bowls and none of them combined would have felt like the first one.

Denver fans would have died happy with one.
Maybe one or two wouldn't feel like the first one but for the Chiefs winning a supper bowl wopuld be the best thing that has happened since 1970, So for 40 years.

captainamerica
12-22-2009, 01:44 AM
I'd take the win anyday of the week. Wins are always great, especially against division rivals. Plus the later we can pick in the draft the better, because it means we won't have to spend as much money on someone who's unproven.

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 01:47 AM
Maybe one or two wouldn't feel like the first one but for the Chiefs winning a supper bowl wopuld be the best thing that has happened since 1970, So for 40 years.

Let's put it this way-for a Bronco fan over the age of 25. Seeing Denver win a ring with Elway-would be the equivalent of a Chiefs fan being able to watch Derrick Thomas, Neil Smith(as a Chief), Christian Okoye, Deron Cherry, Stephone Paige, Priest Holmes, and Albert Lewis win a ring(and I'm sure I missed a few). Combined!

Isawa_mo
12-22-2009, 09:02 AM
If Denver fans could care less if they won another Superbowl, then why in the world are they (you) up in arms about this season's late collapse?

The big reason I would like to see Denver miss the playoffs is they went for all the quick fixes. I would like Pioli's plan to be shown as sound as the next couple years play out. He has said we were not worried about winning games this year, but contending for the Superbowl every year (not those exact words, but soemthing to that effect). I know it does not look pretty right now, but I am going to continue to have faith in the plan. Come next year, as long as we see decent improvement, then its all good.

N TX Dave
12-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Win and rip out every Bronco's fans hearts. Last week was really bad I HATE the F-in tRaiders but I just hate the Broncos when they play each other it I want to see them both loose. My favorite teams are as follows

#1 Chiefs
#2 Whoever is playing the tRaiders
#3 Whoever is playing the Broncos
#4 Whoever is playing the Cryboys

yashi
12-22-2009, 10:30 AM
The last thing we need is to draft another DE in our 3-4 defense, so obviously I want the Donkeys to lose. Playing spoiler is sweet satisfaction during a poor season.

matthewschiefs
12-22-2009, 11:10 AM
We wont get the 1st pick so there no promise of getting anyone in the draft. So I would rather see us ruin denvers season. It may or may not have something to do with my hateing denver as well.

Kid Azteca
12-22-2009, 11:52 AM
The last thing we need is to draft another DE in our 3-4 defense, so obviously I want the Donkeys to lose. Playing spoiler is sweet satisfaction during a poor season.

Of course-who needs the most dominant defensive player in the draft?

yashi
12-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Of course-who needs the most dominant defensive player in the draft?

What good does it do to have a bunch of good players at one position and terrible ones at every other position? Besides, there's a 0% chance the Rams win out. They will have the #1 pick.

MDChiefs!
12-22-2009, 11:59 AM
you are correct...everyone take note of what yashi said...because thats exactly what Suh is in the 3-4

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-22-2009, 12:08 PM
If we could get D'Brickshaw Ferguson, then I'll take the loss.

Wherever we are selecting, I imagine the plan is to try and trade down with Seattle or Washington so they can select the best quarterback.

honda522
12-22-2009, 12:15 PM
If we could get D'Brickshaw Ferguson, then I'll take the loss.

Wherever we are selecting, I imagine the plan is to try and trade down with Seattle or Washington so they can select the best quarterback.
I could see Denver, Washington, Seattle, Miami, Oakland, Possible STL, Jacksonville if they don't think Garrad will pan out, Bills, Carolina, and maybe Cleavland.

I would be glad to trade down and get a few more draft picks.

figcrostic
12-22-2009, 12:21 PM
this thread is GAy

SAPHOJUNKIE
12-22-2009, 12:22 PM
It's the choice of losing the battle to win the war. The problem is that there isn't a player worth doing that for. If we didn't have Dorsey or tyson jackson, then sure. Take Suh, but even eric berry isn't worth where he's going to be drafted.

the only player worth a top five pick, in my opinion, is a quarterback, defensive end, or left tackle.

yes, there are exceptions, obviously. You can cite numerous examples of world-class players who are worth a top 5 pick, but it's usually in retrospect. You can't say Adrian Peterson is worth a top-five pick, because he's a known commodity, and he's also a freak. I don't put running backs in the top five-worthy echelon, because you typically don't get franchise value out of them. Typically running backs need a good offensive line to do anything remarkable, and even then their shelf life is limited.

This is why the patriots consistently trade back to the late first/second round. that's where the best value is. You can draft the top player at MLB, OG, RT, C, TE, and SS in the back of the first round and deep into the second round. Typically what sets high draft picks apart from second rounders is measurables. Speed, height, weight, bench, and since pretty much everyone agrees that these are NOT the best indicators of talent nor future production, why on earth would you pay millions of dollars to take them in the early first round? Wait until the second round, and a comparable player will be available.

Regardless of whether we need a quarterback or not, we have one. No QB for us.

We don't need Suh, and he's going to Tampa Bay or Detroit anyway.

Eric Berry is the fifth dimension, and that's awesome, but we need help on the offensive line more than on defense. Why? Because we can give up the run all year without getting our QB injured. If jamal charles is going to reach his potential, if Cassel is going to stay healty, if we want to get a first down occasionally, we need offensive line.

Okung or bust. That is, of course, only if they think he is significantly better than Albert. If he's only marginally better, we should trade down (if possible) or take the best player available, even a QB and trade him. Then take a new right guard and center in the second round.

Chiefster
12-22-2009, 02:54 PM
A - Respectfully submitted.

...And get Suh. :D

Chiefster
12-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Win and rip out every Bronco's fans hearts. Last week was really bad I HATE the F-in tRaiders but I just hate the Broncos when they play each other it I want to see them both loose. My favorite teams are as follows

#1 Chiefs
#2 Whoever is playing the tRaiders
#3 Whoever is playing the Broncos
#4 Whoever is playing the Cryboys

You forgot "Whoever is playing the Chargers".

Chiefster
12-22-2009, 03:16 PM
It's the choice of losing the battle to win the war. The problem is that there isn't a player worth doing that for. If we didn't have Dorsey or tyson jackson, then sure. Take Suh, but even eric berry isn't worth where he's going to be drafted.

the only player worth a top five pick, in my opinion, is a quarterback, defensive end, or left tackle.

yes, there are exceptions, obviously. You can cite numerous examples of world-class players who are worth a top 5 pick, but it's usually in retrospect. You can't say Adrian Peterson is worth a top-five pick, because he's a known commodity, and he's also a freak. I don't put running backs in the top five-worthy echelon, because you typically don't get franchise value out of them. Typically running backs need a good offensive line to do anything remarkable, and even then their shelf life is limited.

This is why the patriots consistently trade back to the late first/second round. that's where the best value is. You can draft the top player at MLB, OG, RT, C, TE, and SS in the back of the first round and deep into the second round. Typically what sets high draft picks apart from second rounders is measurables. Speed, height, weight, bench, and since pretty much everyone agrees that these are NOT the best indicators of talent nor future production, why on earth would you pay millions of dollars to take them in the early first round? Wait until the second round, and a comparable player will be available.

Regardless of whether we need a quarterback or not, we have one. No QB for us.

We don't need Suh, and he's going to Tampa Bay or Detroit anyway.

Eric Berry is the fifth dimension, and that's awesome, but we need help on the offensive line more than on defense. Why? Because we can give up the run all year without getting our QB injured. If jamal charles is going to reach his potential, if Cassel is going to stay healty, if we want to get a first down occasionally, we need offensive line.

Okung or bust. That is, of course, only if they think he is significantly better than Albert. If he's only marginally better, we should trade down (if possible) or take the best player available, even a QB and trade him. Then take a new right guard and center in the second round.

Great post; hard to argue with it!

WichitaChiefs
12-22-2009, 03:47 PM
A....

Chief Tyler
12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Ok, so it looks as if Denver is yet again in the thralls of another epic late season collapse-this one subsequently worse the previous two. And our playoff hopes will more than likely hinge on the last game of the year versus the Kansas City Chiefs.

A) Would you rather be a spoiler and destroy Denver's chances of making the playoffs, thus ripping out the heart of every Bronco fan in existence?

Or

B) Lose-and assure yourself of picking Ndamukong Suh in this year's upcoming draft(I know, I know, he may not be there but go with it it)?

He has me convinced. I've already bought my Broncos jersey.

Go Donks and go Suh!

kilobytes
12-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I hate draft picks

tornadospotter
12-23-2009, 12:34 AM
A - Respectfully submitted.

...And get Suh. :D
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I know we need O-Line help desperately, But some years ago, the Chiefs Drafted a DE from Nebraska, then the next year they drafted a LB from Alabama and the two became bookends of the most feared Defense in the NFL! I would like a repeat of that!:11:

Chiefster
12-23-2009, 12:38 AM
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes I know we need O-Line help desperately, But some years ago, the Chiefs Drafted a DE from Nebraska, then the next year they drafted a LB from Alabama and the two became bookends of the most feared Defense in the NFL! I would like a repeat of that!:11:

Smith and Thomas were legendary!

Pro_Angler
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
donks nor the chargers will win the SB so get the frikin pick and get Suh!!

Canada
12-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Smith and Thomas are legendary!
FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
12-23-2009, 04:59 PM
FYP!! :bananen_smilies046:

You sir are correct! :bananen_smilies046:

raiderhater79
12-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Or

A!!!!
The Chiefs have much bigger needs than defensive line. O-line, LB, and safety to name a few examples. Suh will be long gone by the time KC is up.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2009, 07:21 PM
A!!!!
The Chiefs have much bigger needs than defensive line. O-line, LB, and safety to name a few examples. Suh will be long gone by the time KC is up.
And also it'd be nice to beat the donks

yashi
12-23-2009, 10:00 PM
In Okung we trust... and also Cassel. Protect his blind side for the next 5+ years.

wichitaj
12-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Question = Fail

Nothing better than a win.

okikcfan
12-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Never surender and never give up, A:Always a WIN!

loyalchief91
12-25-2009, 10:59 PM
A win. Forget a draft pick.

Connie Jo
12-28-2009, 11:22 AM
I just want to interact with all five Chief fans left.

HA! In your dreams! In reality, the nightmare for you is that there are literally more like 500,000 Chiefs fans! They're simply taking a vacation while the entire Chiefs organization, and team take a vacation, haha! You know how it works...following a lead? lol

When one has not much left to be happy about with their team, a sense of humor is a valuable asset! :)

I would always take a win over a loss, regardless...but a win over the Donkey's is priceless by comparison to just about anything, including a draft pick! hahaha

Heck, historically, most of our draft picks, with a few rare exceptions, don't work out long term, are traded, whatever...but any win over a rival team, especially the Donkey's is a sweet victory that remains in memory long term! hahaha

chief31
12-29-2009, 12:08 AM
I won't say that I'll never root for a Chiefs' loss.

Hypothetically, if this were Herm's fourth season, and a win would help secure a fifth season for him, while not getting us to a point where I thought we were a decent team, then I would hope for a loss.

With this situation, the only thing that I see that could be gained, either way, is the joy of knocking a rival out of the playoffs. Not much, for me, but that's all I see that can be gained here.

Draft position doesn't seem to mean anything to Pioli. So he will take whatever player, regardless of our draft position.

Besides... Suh's position doesn't even exist on this team.

matthewschiefs
12-29-2009, 07:22 AM
I won't say that I'll never root for a Chiefs' loss.

Hypothetically, if this were Herm's fourth season, and a win would help secure a fifth season for him, while not getting us to a point where I thought we were a decent team, then I would hope for a loss.

With this situation, the only thing that I see that could be gained, either way, is the joy of knocking a rival out of the playoffs. Not much, for me, but that's all I see that can be gained here.

Draft position doesn't seem to mean anything to Pioli. So he will take whatever player, regardless of our draft position.

Besides... Suh's position doesn't even exist on this team.

that would be a nightmare where even I would have to consider if it would be worth it to see the Chiefs lose a game. Thankfuly Pioli took care of that for us all and sent that useless coach away to the land of espn.

kckidd8870
03-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Suh is only 305 lbs man.I don't think he will do anything in the nfl.I maybe wrong.Would rather have mt Cody in the 2nd if he is there or Cam Thomas.

kckidd8870
03-21-2010, 06:08 PM
I know Suh was really good in college but,don't think he will be much in nfl.To small,probably better at tackle.

Coach
03-21-2010, 06:10 PM
I remember another can't miss DT that was in the draft a couple of years ago.

kckidd8870
03-21-2010, 06:10 PM
You need someone at the nt position that is abou 340 and has a mean streak.

Coach
03-21-2010, 06:12 PM
By the way, in a couple of year when the Chiefs are a winning team and a perennial playoff contender, I think we will look back at this Denver game as the springboard that made it happen.

If the Chiefs had lost this game, the mood in KC land would be drastically different right now. It was probably the most important win of the last decade('00-'09) for the Chiefs.

Fansincebirth
03-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Wow first you pick up a thread and second guess people 3 months later and then you show us that you have no football knowledge. Suh is not a nose tackle, he is a defensive tackle. If he was drafted by a 3-4 team where he doesnt belong, he would be an End. First he doesnt belong here because he doesnt fit our system. (Not that he couldnt outplay some of our players) He just fits better in a 4-3. Second, you are comparing him to players of a totally differant possition. Suh will have plenty of success. But to give credit where credit is due. You are right that Cody or Thomas would be great pickups in the second round. Late second that is.