PDA

View Full Version : Why Herm Why !!!

bigpoppachief
09-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Why did herm edwards let go of possibly one of the best secrets in the NFL. Arena football recievers can catch anything because they are used to catching footballs in major traffic. I mean its just a thought but sippio has the kind of talent to make it big in the NFL. Herm needs to keep this kid around somehow some way because when we are in the middle of the season and webb still isnt doing **** we need to give Sippio a chance hes big fast and probably better hands than kennison so what th ehell si wrong with you Herm ! bring Sippio back ! Who cares about having ANOHTER CB we got two young ones in patterson and brackenridge ! Bring Sippio back ! Sorry just really pissed the let Sippio go

swmochiefsfan
09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Couldn't agree with ya more, If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times.

Coach
09-04-2007, 11:01 AM
I was looking forward to seeing Sippio as well.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Why did herm edwards let go of possibly one of the best secrets in the NFL...

In short, because he's an idiot.

m0ef0e
09-04-2007, 01:51 PM
I agree on this one. Made me cringe to read Sippio didn't make it. Also seems real dumb to drop 2 QB's that have been thru training camp to pick up a third-string rookie. They should have just cut Terell or Printers and kept the other.

Sick Dog
09-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Maybe so with Sippio but there is a reason he is in the arena league. You mean to tell me no other scout in this whole league noticed this guy? You would think that there would be more guys coming out of there. I think the league is just full of a bunch of stiffs that most likely can not cover anyone with basic college talent. But then again I have been wrong before.:beer:

swmochiefsfan
09-04-2007, 02:50 PM
He maybe from the Arena League,still had better hands than anyone else Ive seen as of yet.Bowe still has alot to prove.

YZILLA
09-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Where did you read this - I couldnt find anything on Sippio leaving . i found the article where the signed a two year deal with him on August 13th ????? Im at a loss if this is true !

http://www.wildbillschiefs.com/cgi-bin/news/news.cgi?action=display&num=3456

YZILLA
09-04-2007, 03:41 PM
nevermind I see that they put him on the practice squad. Does that mean he cannot come off if they lose a guy? damn you Herm , I was just thinking things were looking up since all they every did was brag on hard knocks about him catching every ball and how he is as talented if not more talented as Bowe. This is a sad Day for me.

luv
09-04-2007, 03:56 PM
nevermind I see that they put him on the practice squad. Does that mean he cannot come off if they lose a guy? damn you Herm , I was just thinking things were looking up since all they every did was brag on hard knocks about him catching every ball and how he is as talented if not more talented as Bowe. This is a sad Day for me.
I believe they can bring him on off the practice squad at any time if the need arises. I think.

swmochiefsfan
09-04-2007, 05:04 PM
I believe they can bring him on off the practice squad at any time if the need arises. I think.
If there is an injury or they drop someone,I think that's how it goes

Sick Dog
09-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Lets not start to get carried away here with this Sippio guy. You can not compare him to Bowe. First off he played for Western Kentucky University a 1-AA school and he was not even a WR he played CB and SS. Bowe as we know played for LSU a division 1-A College and was an All-american. Playing wide out in Arena league and the NFL is worlds apart it is more than catching a ball you have to know the offense run the route and get open, then you catch the ball. I am not saying he can not do this I am just defending why he is on the practice squad for now and for now why he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Dwayne Bowe:footballhelmet:

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Where did you read this - I couldnt find anything on Sippio leaving . i found the article where the signed a two year deal with him on August 13th ????? Im at a loss if this is true !

http://www.wildbillschiefs.com/cgi-bin/news/news.cgi?action=display&num=3456

Cool! I got no problem with him being on the practice squad; perhaps he can contribute in "08" or if, Heaven forbid, anything should happen to Bowe.

YZILLA
09-04-2007, 08:43 PM
I say we will see him sooner than later if Sammy Parker doesnt quit dropping passes . Hopefully the other guys pick up their games knowing they could be replaced if need be.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 08:45 PM
I say we will see him sooner than later if Sammy Parker doesnt quit dropping passes . Hopefully the other guys pick up their games knowing they could be replaced if need be.

Agreed; I'd forgotten about Parker. :lol:

Sick Dog
09-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Ya these guys do need someone to light a fire under their :sign0053::sign0053:!!

luv
09-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Lets not start to get carried away here with this Sippio guy. You can not compare him to Bowe. First off he played for Western Kentucky University a 1-AA school and he was not even a WR he played CB and SS. Bowe as we know played for LSU a division 1-A College and was an All-american. Playing wide out in Arena league and the NFL is worlds apart it is more than catching a ball you have to know the offense run the route and get open, then you catch the ball. I am not saying he can not do this I am just defending why he is on the practice squad for now and for now why he should not be mentioned in the same breath as Dwayne Bowe:footballhelmet:
You don't think players from smaller schools can be just as good as those from larger schools? No matter. If the dude can run the plays and catch the ball, then he's already better than a few of our receivers anyway.

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 09:02 PM
You don't think players from smaller schools can be just as good as those from larger schools? No matter. If the dude can run the plays and catch the ball, then he's already better than a few of our receivers anyway.

Agreed; Ronald Moore, a Pitt State graduate in 1993, ran for 1000+ yards his rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals.

Sick Dog
09-04-2007, 09:08 PM
I never said that luv. I hope he can anything to help the CHIEFS. I just do not know if he is better than our current receivers. Well maybe he is better than Parker if he does not start holding on to the dam ball. Besides I know guys from small schools can play look at Michael Allan he is from Whitworth College a Division III school....:D

chief31
09-04-2007, 10:49 PM

There have been alot of guys who came from other leagues, (they couldn't cut it in the NFL and were released from NFL teams) who have proven that YES, every team in the NFL was making a mistake, by not getting that player on their team.

I despise the whole " There is a reason why he isn't..." In the NFL; Starting; or whatever he "isn't".

Most people choose to believe that if someone has gotten the head coaching job, then they are incapable of mistakes. Evey head coach in the NFL made a mistake this preseason. Every last one of them cut a guy, who they thought wasn't as good as another, who, in fact, would have worked out better.

Herm Edwards' desire to not score points, (Quoted in another thread here.) proves that an NFL head coach can be an idiot. If he had made a reversed statement, it would sound like this. "If my defense allows 30 points, then they didn't do well. But if they only allow fourteen, then that is pretty good. Fourteen points alllowed is very good. Allowing three points in a game isn't real football. That's soccer."

No NFL head coach is perfect. Every one of them makes mistakes. And sometimes, every one of them makes the same mistake, with a player.

Not that I am going to say that Sippio is as talented as Bowe, but assuming that he is not as good as he appears, because he was in the AFL is blind.

This post is directly related to the Chiefs-related thread.

(Just for you, Stl.) :lol: (no offense, just playin'.)

Chiefster
09-04-2007, 11:23 PM

HA! :lol::lol:

stlchief
09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
There have been alot of guys who came from other leagues, (they couldn't cut it in the NFL and were released from NFL teams) who have proven that YES, every team in the NFL was making a mistake, by not getting that player on their team.

I despise the whole " There is a reason why he isn't..." In the NFL; Starting; or whatever he "isn't".

Most people choose to believe that if someone has gotten the head coaching job, then they are incapable of mistakes. Evey head coach in the NFL made a mistake this preseason. Every last one of them cut a guy, who they thought wasn't as good as another, who, in fact, would have worked out better.

Herm Edwards' desire to not score points, (Quoted in another thread here.) proves that an NFL head coach can be an idiot. If he had made a reversed statement, it would sound like this. "If my defense allows 30 points, then they didn't do well. But if they only allow fourteen, then that is pretty good. Fourteen points alllowed is very good. Allowing three points in a game isn't real football. That's soccer."

No NFL head coach is perfect. Every one of them makes mistakes. And sometimes, every one of them makes the same mistake, with a player.

Not that I am going to say that Sippio is as talented as Bowe, but assuming that he is not as good as he appears, because he was in the AFL is blind.

As I sit here going through an active day trying to catch up - I LOVE IT!:funnypost:

Now let's have a BEER!:bananen_smilies046: :drunkhb: :toast2: :drunkhb: :bananen_smilies046:

rbedgood
09-05-2007, 01:50 AM

Luv is right...personally as a 49er fan I'll argue that wide receivers from small schools can turn out pretty good. We took a wideout from Delaware State in 1986 who turned out pretty good, (John Taylor), and another WR was taken a year ealier out of Mississippi Valley State...look up Jerry Rice.

luv
09-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Luv is right...personally as a 49er fan I'll argue that wide receivers from small schools can turn out pretty good. We took a wideout from Delaware State in 1986 who turned out pretty good, (John Taylor), and another WR was taken a year ealier out of Mississippi Valley State...look up Jerry Rice.
Well, there's something you don't hear everyday...lol.

After reading more thoroughly, I think his point might have been that he didn't play WR in college. I still don't think that matters. It's obvious that he's quickly caught on to the position. Just think how awesome he'd be if he'd played it all his life.

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 05:08 AM
rbedgood Johnson is right about luv Johnson being right!

(Blazing Saddles reference for those who may not know.) :D

peekaboo224
09-05-2007, 07:01 AM
They should have kept Sippio and let one of the other under performing WR go.

m0ef0e
09-05-2007, 12:16 PM
They should have kept Sippio and let one of the other under performing WR go.

Like "stone hands" Sammie Parker? :yahoo:

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Stone hands and not big enough

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Stone hands and not big enough

Hands like frying pans!

...And, here all this time I thought size didn't matter. :D

Canada
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Hands like frying pans!

...And, here all this time I thought size didn't matter. :D

That's just what they tell you!! :sign0103:

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I was refering to yards after reception, you boys live in the gutter don't ya.:D

luv
09-06-2007, 03:21 PM
I was refering to yards after reception, you boys live in the gutter don't ya.:D
They're talking about hands. What are YOU talking about? Hmmm? :p

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Big enough to take a hit. But you a very funny girl.:D

Chiefster
09-06-2007, 11:29 PM
That's just what they tell you!! :sign0103:

:lol: :lol:

I'm fine with that.

luv
09-07-2007, 01:55 AM
Big enough to take a hit. But you a very funny girl.:D
Did I hit you? It was completely unintentional. Do you need a steak (for your eye, I'm not cooking for you)? :p

sling58
09-07-2007, 07:32 AM
We didn't get rid of him.. He's on the practice Squad isn't he?

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 11:30 AM
We didn't get rid of him.. He's on the practice Squad isn't he?

Why yes; yes he is!

swmochiefsfan
09-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Did I hit you? It was completely unintentional. Do you need a steak (for your eye, I'm not cooking for you)? :p
Dont worry, most women these days cant cook either

chief31
09-07-2007, 11:34 AM

What self-respecting man allows some woman to ruin his steak? Just step back honey. Let me show you how this grill really works.

sling58
09-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Why yes; yes he is!

Then technically we didn't lose him right?

luv
09-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Dont worry, most women these days cant cook either
Put me down under the some who can.

luv
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
What self-respecting man allows some woman to ruin his steak? Just step back honey. Let me show you how this grill really works.
While I do like to grill, I'm not that great at it yet. It's the man's domain, anyway.

chief31
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
While I do like to grill, I'm not that great at it yet. It's the man's domain, anyway.

"Arghh-Arghh-arghh!!!" - Tim Allen

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:14 PM
Put me down under the some who can.

Great! I'll have my eggs over easy and four slices of bacon please. :D

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Great! I'll have my eggs over easy and four slices of bacon please. :D

And I would like some biscuits and gravy!!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:19 PM
And I would like some biscuits and gravy!!

Some short stacks would be nice.

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Some short stacks would be nice.

and some hashbrowns!!!!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
and some hashbrowns!!!!

With wheat toast and I tall glass of orange juice to drink.

Canada
09-07-2007, 12:32 PM
I'll have what they are having and to drink....hmmmmm....let's see.....how about a.....

beer I guess!!

chief31
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Come on guys... She isn't a maid. Well, do you happen to have one of those little french outfits Luv?

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Come on guys... She isn't a maid. Well, do you happen to have one of those little french outfits Luv?

:lol::lol::lol:

I was thinking a little more like a small town diner, but maid works.

Canada
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM

I never thought maid...look around....this place is a pig sty. A cook however, I was hopin that was true!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I never thought maid...look around....this place is a pig sty. A cook however, I was hopin that was true!! :bananen_smilies046:

Hey now; watch how ya talk about my home. :11:

Canada
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey now; watch how ya talk about my home. :11:

This is home to a lot of us my Chiefs Brother!!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:41 PM

Yeah and my room is MESSY!!!!!! Dead Faders fans all over the place, Empty beer bottles....man....I am a slob!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:42 PM

Right you are my friend. luv are any of your friends maids by chance?

Canada
09-07-2007, 12:43 PM
French maids maybe??

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Right you are my friend. luv are any of your friends maids by chance?

If they are we need picture resumes!!!

luv
09-07-2007, 12:44 PM
No.

I cook, cleaning is not one of my specialties. I do have to force myself to do it once in awhile, though.

luv
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
If they are we need picture resumes!!!
Sorry, but I don't have any friends. At least not that would be maids or post on here.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry, but I don't have any friends. At least not that would be maids or post on here.

That's alright; can we assume that you'll be taking on the cooking responsibilities?