PDA

View Full Version : Suh?

Sn@keIze
12-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Did some of u hear that we were going back to the 4-3 or what? What is all this hype on Suh?

i dont doubt he is a good player, becuz he is.

But i just dont see him as an NT. (or do u think he will play DE or linebacker)?

We need a big earthmover at least 350 pounds. Or at least some one who wont get pushed back.

Now if we go back to 43 im all for it. And Dorsey will prob go back to DT as well.

brish
12-23-2009, 05:41 AM
And then we have wasted a lot of money on a certain Mr. Jackson..
I really doubt that we are going back to the 4-3.

Suh does look like an interresting player though.

AussieChiefsFan
12-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Dorsey should be DE or DT and we should draft suh (maybe??)

I really can't decide........

yashi
12-23-2009, 09:14 AM
God, what's the deal with all the Suh talk? We will be picking 4th at the earliest and he will be long gone by then. He doesn't fit our system and the one position he'd play in it is the one position we should absolutely not be using a draft pick on in this draft because it was our 1st pick in the last two drafts, as well as our 3rd rounder last year.

pbatrucker
12-23-2009, 09:25 AM
God, what's the deal with all the Suh talk? We will be picking 4th at the earliest and he will be long gone by then. He doesn't fit our system and the one position he'd play in it is the one position we should absolutely not be using a draft pick on in this draft because it was our 1st pick in the last two drafts, as well as our 3rd rounder last year.
I agree.ot forget, And let's not forget, as great as Suh is, he's still going to go through the rookie learniing curve that all NFL Dl goes through.

wolfpack
12-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Suh willbe gone before our 4th, i agree with yashi. And if he is there by some freak of nature, somebody will probably want to trade up with us to get him.
If we werent in a 3-4 he wouldbe a great pick.

matthewschiefs
12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
If hes there we grad him. I think thats pretty clear. But I realy dont think that he is going to be there.

Vandelay
12-23-2009, 11:43 AM
If he's there, and he won't be, we take him and then immediatly trade him for more picks.

Pro_Angler
12-23-2009, 11:59 AM
i have said many times that there are no soilid OT's comin out and Suh IMO will be a sure bet.

MDChiefs!
12-23-2009, 02:37 PM
Thank you for clearing this up for some. We do need a NT and nobody else is going to make an impact on this D without a dominant NT. And if Suh did try to play NT, it would only negate everything that is making him such a stud right now. He is a 2 gap DT, not a NT. It all starts up front....but unless you guys want to see our franchise set back even further, we will not be going back to the 4-3. Not with Pioli running th show

Did some of u hear that we were going back to the 4-3 or what? What is all this hype on Suh?

i dont doubt he is a good player, becuz he is.

But i just dont see him as an NT. (or do u think he will play DE or linebacker)?

We need a big earthmover at least 350 pounds. Or at least some one who wont get pushed back.

Now if we go back to 43 im all for it. And Dorsey will prob go back to DT as well.

kcmostwanted
12-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Then I guess we shouldn't be surprised if they Drafted T. Cody from BAMA w/ the 4th pick in the draft ey???

Serious, Pioli will reach as we've seen him do this pass season :-)

yashi
12-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Then I guess we shouldn't be surprised if they Drafted T. Cody from BAMA w/ the 4th pick in the draft ey???

Serious, Pioli will reach as we've seen him do this pass season :-)

I would probably shoot myself if we take that slob with the 4th pick, yet I wouldn't be that surprised.

pbatrucker
12-23-2009, 05:13 PM
I was born and raised in Alabama, became a Chiefs fan when they drafted DT and still follow the Tide.
Cody plays about 40% of the Tide's defensive plays. It could be because Bama rotates a lot on the D line, but it raises concern for me.
A more telling fact is Cody only wins about 50% of the point of attack situations he is involved. A good DT should win POA about 70% of the time.
Depending on which scouting report you read he has dropped to the fourth or fifth best DT in the 2010 draft.
I don't think any of use are happy with last years draft, and if Pioli drafts Cody in the first round, I will be the first to go on record that Pioli must go.

MDChiefs!
12-23-2009, 07:08 PM
The is the big question with Mount Cody...his endurance. 360 is usually not considered healthy regardless of the position you are playing. I think he is going to have to lose at least 20 lbs before he plays for anyone in the NFL. I think if he can get down to 325-330 he could be a 3 down lineman...probably still not worth a top 10 pick though. If he falls past pick #20 I would not be opposed to trading up to snag him.

I was born and raised in Alabama, became a Chiefs fan when they drafted DT and still follow the Tide.
Cody plays about 40% of the Tide's defensive plays. It could be because Bama rotates a lot on the D line, but it raises concern for me.
A more telling fact is Cody only wins about 50% of the point of attack situations he is involved. A good DT should win POA about 70% of the time.
Depending on which scouting report you read he has dropped to the fourth or fifth best DT in the 2010 draft.
I don't think any of use are happy with last years draft, and if Pioli drafts Cody in the first round, I will be the first to go on record that Pioli must go.

honda522
12-23-2009, 07:32 PM
I really hope we don't draft any DL for this year. I am sick of drafting bust. We have plenty of other positions to fill, I think we can skip DL for this year.

hometeam
12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
we can forget suh, dont need him, dont want him.

MDChiefs!
12-23-2009, 09:27 PM
one of the most glaring holes on this team is NT, and Ron Edwards sure isnt getting any younger...what do you suggest we do? Unless Wilfork falls into our laps in FA in the off season, I think this is one year he absolutely must draft a NT. Our D will be just as awful next year season if we dont address it somehow...All of our issues on D start where Ron Edwards is...

I really hope we don't draft any DL for this year. I am sick of drafting bust. We have plenty of other positions to fill, I think we can skip DL for this year.

MDChiefs!
12-23-2009, 09:29 PM
unless of course you were just talking about not drafting d-line in the first round :) then I can understand

yashi
12-23-2009, 09:58 PM
This is just not a good draft class for NTs. I'll take Cody or Dan Williams if they're there in the 2nd I suppose, but I'm not particularly high on either as a NT.

honda522
12-23-2009, 10:58 PM
one of the most glaring holes on this team is NT, and Ron Edwards sure isnt getting any younger...what do you suggest we do? Unless Wilfork falls into our laps in FA in the off season, I think this is one year he absolutely must draft a NT. Our D will be just as awful next year season if we dont address it somehow...All of our issues on D start where Ron Edwards is...
Uh, Glen Dorsey?

We drafted Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee. Doresy would fit ok in that spot.

MDChiefs!
12-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Dorsey is a 5 tech lineman, not a space eater. Plugging Dorsey there would be a waste of his talent, especially considering how well he has made the transition to DE. Not only that, having him try to learn 3 different positions in 3 seasons can really stunt his growth and progression as an NFL player. Only if he came with a guarantee that he would turn out like Jay Ratliff would I be ok with that one. :toast2:

Uh, Glen Dorsey?

We drafted Tyson Jackson and Alex Magee. Doresy would fit ok in that spot.

josh1971
12-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Do we have any idea what NT guys will be available in free agency at the end of the season?

hometeam
12-24-2009, 01:05 AM
Do we have any idea what NT guys will be available in free agency at the end of the season?

not sure but someone will be available, maybe we can get that tank tyler fella~

In all seriousness, I think it is something we can address thru FA, even if not long term, draft choices should go to more important poistions imo

josh1971
12-24-2009, 01:15 AM

In all seriousness, I think it is something we can address thru FA, even if not long term, draft choices should go to more important poistions imo

Never should have let Tank go.

Chiefster
12-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Never should have let Tank go.

Yeah, don't know that he ever really had a chance to develop here.

jap1
12-24-2009, 02:21 AM

NT is one of the most important positions in a 3-4. He is the key to stopping the run. As last week showed, we arent too great at stopping the run.

That having been said, I am not impressed with any of the rookies to draft them in the top 10.

yashi
12-24-2009, 08:06 AM
NT is one of the most important positions in a 3-4. He is the key to stopping the run. As last week showed, we arent too great at stopping the run.

That having been said, I am not impressed with any of the rookies to draft them in the top 10.

This.

I wouldn't be opposed to finding a bandaid for the short term, and making NT the top priority next season. Our run D will naturally get better next season with the development of Jackson/Dorsey/Magee. If we could find a 325 lb run stuffer to put in the middle, I think our run D can be serviceable. Then if a stud NT pops up next year like Raji last year and we draft him, our front 3 should be complete.

hometeam
12-24-2009, 04:19 PM

not saying its not a need, but, FA will bring us a better player than we could draft except maybe our first rounder, which should go to OL or traded down for more picks and still get OL with it~

MDChiefs!
12-24-2009, 06:09 PM
I would also be fine with a band aid at NT, as long as he is effective. We still need our NT to perform if we expect any sort of development from the rest of the d-line

This.

I wouldn't be opposed to finding a bandaid for the short term, and making NT the top priority next season. Our run D will naturally get better next season with the development of Jackson/Dorsey/Magee. If we could find a 325 lb run stuffer to put in the middle, I think our run D can be serviceable. Then if a stud NT pops up next year like Raji last year and we draft him, our front 3 should be complete.

josh1971
12-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Yeah, don't know that he ever really had a chance to develop here.

And he was playing really well.

I think we need a lightning fast, beastly terror of a pass rushing outside linebacker. That sucks up blockers and allows other guys to get free to pester the QB all game.

Hali is good, but if we had a DT-like fella opposite him, that would be great.

Eventually, I'd love to see us have that roadblock in the middle. Don't think Suh would be good for our 1st round, since we need so much repair on the O-line.

jb

hometeam
12-24-2009, 08:54 PM

I think we need a lightning fast, beastly terror of a pass rushing outside linebacker. That sucks up blockers and allows other guys to get free to pester the QB all game.

Eventually, I'd love to see us have that roadblock in the middle. Don't think Suh would be good for our 1st round, since we need so much repair on the O-line.

jb

merriman could be available :fishing:

yashi
12-24-2009, 09:03 PM
Von Miller from Texas A&M is a guy with a lot of potential at OLB. He led the nation in sacks this season. Potential 2nd round pick.

pbatrucker
12-25-2009, 06:38 AM
Von Miller from Texas A&M is a guy with a lot of potential at OLB. He led the nation in sacks this season. Potential 2nd round pick.
I have him on my list of possible draft choices. He's a much better all around player than some of the pure rush guys.

pbatrucker
12-25-2009, 08:39 AM
There could be two of the best NT's as FA in 2010, Wilfork and Hampton. Both would probabaly be very exspensive.
Next years draft, as far as I can see, doesn't look very good for NT's.

fairladyZ
12-25-2009, 11:45 AM
isn't shaun rogers back on FA this year from the browns?
i would love to get him if we could

MDChiefs!
12-25-2009, 01:27 PM
no, but he is unhappy in Cleveland so we might be snag him in a trade...probably no more than a 5th...seeing as how they got him for a 4th 2 seasons ago and he would be coming off a season ending injury. If he can still play coming off that injury, I would live to get him here. I was angry we didnt get this guy when the Lions traded him away

isn't shaun rogers back on FA this year from the browns?
i would love to get him if we could

Pro_Angler
12-25-2009, 09:49 PM

jb

OK mr know it all.. what OT is worth a number one pick this year especially top 10???? thought so!!!! trade for a vet OT, we dont have 3-4 years to mature and teach a rookie lineman!!!!!

chief31
12-25-2009, 10:08 PM
OK mr know it all.. what OT is worth a number one pick this year especially top 10???? thought so!!!! trade for a vet OT, we dont have 3-4 years to mature and teach a rookie lineman!!!!!

I imagine we will continue to try the "square peg" scenario with Albert, so LOT will not be a priority.

However, drafting a guy who's position doesn't exist on this team does seem like a pretty bad idea.

Alot of The Chiefs' decisions have been surprisingly bad the past few years. But I think drafting Suh would beat most of those out easily. (All but Jared Allen)

Here's what I think will happen, as far as what positions will be drafted, in order...

S
WR
C
LB

And here is what I would do...

LOT
S
ROT/C
C/ROT

After three rounds, it becomes more about just hoping to find anyone that will be able to hold a roster spot, than actually trying to fill team needs, in my opinion.

pbatrucker
12-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Okung is a solid draft pick at OT. All the other OT have issues to be concerned with.

josh1971
12-26-2009, 09:39 PM

You have a real attitude problem. Who ever said I was Mr. know it all? What I posted was what most people post on these boards- my opinion. And in my opinion, we have a tremendous need to build an offensive line.

I'll be honest, I don't know what OT is worth a number one pick this year, but I wager you don't know either, and "trade for a vet OT" sounds easier than it probably is to get someone really good.

I'd rather see us get a good vet NT, who doesn't need years to mature while giving up huge rushing yards, and O-linemen have traditionally made the transition to the NFL from college much easier than D-linemen.

So I'll wait to see what happens in free agency and the draft, and you can go back to complaining and bytching constantly about the team, k?

fairladyZ
12-26-2009, 11:20 PM
what about Albert Haynesworth now that he is saying he does not want to be in washington if they do not change the defense scheme to fit him like they said he would?

heft salary i'm not sure what we would have to do to get him. But him at NT with the 2 youngins on the outside.. Definetly could be a scary line for any team to face.

jap1
12-26-2009, 11:48 PM

I know someone else posted this as well, but I think Okung is close to being top 10 quality.

I have heard a few draft talking heads say that Okung reminds them of Joe Thomas, who made the transition to the NFL pretty easily.

What I would like to see done this year:

1. R. Okung - OT (let him and Albert battle it out for the two OT spots)
2a - Brandon Spikes - ILB
2b - Mike Iupati - OG
3 - Nate Allen - FS

jap1
12-26-2009, 11:49 PM
what about Albert Haynesworth now that he is saying he does not want to be in washington if they do not change the defense scheme to fit him like they said he would?

heft salary i'm not sure what we would have to do to get him. But him at NT with the 2 youngins on the outside.. Definetly could be a scary line for any team to face.

Not sure Haynesworth would work well as NT in a 3-4. If my memory serves me well, he is more of a 4-3 DT.

Sn@keIze
12-26-2009, 11:50 PM

Boy it would be nice to have him but now we are just fantasizing.

Scary to think how much it would cost. But u know what. i would so forfeit the first round pic to save money for him.

That would also send a message to the NFL saying. "We are paying to much for rookies and its not worth it."

Chiefster
12-27-2009, 12:38 AM

jb

Agreed, that would be the one thing keeping me from choosing a first round defender. O-line really needs to be addressed in the draft, free agency or both IMO.

Pro_Angler
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
isnt there a goos safety coming out of USC or something? The problem is well probably end up with #4 pick maybe 3 but probably 4. Who at 4 is even worth close to a 4? Maybe Vets dont want to come to KC also? Maybe they see and hear crap about Haley? well see if we get any good FA's or not I say not.