PDA

View Full Version : ChiefsCrowd.com Article : My Take On Haley Giving The Bird To A Chiefs Fan

Coach
12-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Read Article Here... (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14721&Itemid=2)

Miller
12-24-2009, 03:39 PM
This coaches actions have proven that giving the bird to a fan is not out of the realm of possibilities

nwbearcat21
12-24-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm not saying he gave the fan the finger because I doubt he did. That article is more a rip of jack harry though than it is looking into what may have actually happened. And in reality it wasn't jack harry who broke the news about shanahan it was chris mortenson on espn who jack cited as a source then espn withdrew it later.

Also Jack did not seek the person out originally, 2 fans emailed him after the game jack then asked them for the fan who said he was flipped off's info and simply reported what the fan said. He didn't say it to be fact just simply what was told to him by the fan.

I don't always agree with jack harry but I can't just say he made up the story or anything either. He reported something that was told to him and agree or disagree with it all he did was report a story. To completely discredit a story simply because he is the one that reported it is just as bad as you say he is.

Canada
12-24-2009, 05:02 PM
Reporting a story without checking facts is terrible journalism. Just because one of my buddies said he saw bigfoot walking down mainstreet does not make it a news story.

nwbearcat21
12-24-2009, 05:08 PM
It was never reported as a fact, just simply was reported that a long team season ticket holder said it was what happened to him at the game.

Big Daddy Tek
12-24-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm not saying he gave the fan the finger because I doubt he did. That article is more a rip of jack harry though than it is looking into what may have actually happened. And in reality it wasn't jack harry who broke the news about shanahan it was chris mortenson on espn who jack cited as a source then espn withdrew it later.

Also Jack did not seek the person out originally, 2 fans emailed him after the game jack then asked them for the fan who said he was flipped off's info and simply reported what the fan said. He didn't say it to be fact just simply what was told to him by the fan.

I don't always agree with jack harry but I can't just say he made up the story or anything either. He reported something that was told to him and agree or disagree with it all he did was report a story. To completely discredit a story simply because he is the one that reported it is just as bad as you say he is.

First of all. Your wrong on the Shanahan story. Jack Harry was the first one with that story. Heres the link: NBC Action News (http://www.nbcactionnews.com/sports/story/Mike-Shanahan-Could-be-Next-Chiefs-Head-Coach/EjWyJUYPT0q-lAAApuqgXw.cspx). And Here is the link that shut the door on Jack Henry after he was wrong: Jack Harry Wrong (http://blogs.pitch.com/plog/2009/02/chiefs_hire_haley_jack_harry_w.php).

Second of all. Jack Harry found this fan on chiefsplanet.com after a story popped up by one of the local posters named "gblowfish."

Harry than proceeded to email this guy to find out what happened and the fan sent him a number of long emails stating his case. If thats not "seeking the person out" than I don't know what is.

Third. Jack Harry is one of the only reporters in this town that would make a fans email his headline story. Especially when it has to do with making a claim against a head coach of a professional football team.

Like Canada said, Somebody mentioned that they saw bigfoot and Jack Harry reported it. He is an idiot.

tornadospotter
12-24-2009, 07:44 PM
BIGFOOT, CANADA SAW BIG FOOT? I want all the details!:D

josh1971
12-24-2009, 08:04 PM
Not like it's unheard of, though. Bum Phillips flipped off a guy who stole his legendary cowboy hat.

Canada
12-25-2009, 01:29 AM
BIGFOOT, CANADA SAW BIG FOOT? I want all the details!:DNevermind, turned out to be Dan. :SmokinBanana:

kilobytes
12-25-2009, 01:55 AM
People need to watch Jack harry's video on Nbcactionnews.com. Its in the Jack's Smack section. The fan gave a 3 page response so its most likely the truth. I don't always agree with Jack Harry in fact I usually kind of disagree but I wouldn't doubt it.

That article is just biased like most of the authors articles. I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I think he did give the finger.

josh1971
12-25-2009, 02:25 AM
I think he did give the finger.

And I don't give a rip. :bananen_smilies046:

spicygirl
12-25-2009, 03:02 AM
Reporting a story without checking facts is terrible journalism. Just because one of my buddies said he saw bigfoot walking down mainstreet does not make it a news story.
you can say that again!

nfl draft (http://www.topnflnews.com/)

Hayvern
12-25-2009, 01:10 PM

But this is the way American Journalism has been for the last 20 years. When the anchors and reporters at ABC can say falsehoods and get away with it, why would some lowly dude in KC think any different?

nwbearcat21
12-25-2009, 01:33 PM
mortenson is the one that broke the shanahan story I know harry reported it but he wasn't the first. If no rumors ever got reported what would people in sports talk about? just box scores and stats? I guess in that case no one should ever talk about possible free agent or draft rumors becuase there aren't facts to back them up they are just rumors? Also jack reported that he did not seek the guy out on the message boards. 2 people that knew the gentlemen emailed jack he then sought out the guy who said he was flipped off. again I'm not saying it's true but you can't just rip a guy for reporting something that was told to him as long as he's not saying it's a fact which he didn't. He simply just reported the story.

lucky_lefty
12-25-2009, 02:03 PM
But this is the way American Journalism has been for the last 20 years. When the anchors and reporters at FOX can say falsehoods and get away with it, why would some lowly dude in KC think any different?

Fixed

Three7s
12-25-2009, 02:48 PM
mortenson is the one that broke the shanahan story I know harry reported it but he wasn't the first. If no rumors ever got reported what would people in sports talk about? just box scores and stats? I guess in that case no one should ever talk about possible free agent or draft rumors becuase there aren't facts to back them up they are just rumors? Also jack reported that he did not seek the guy out on the message boards. 2 people that knew the gentlemen emailed jack he then sought out the guy who said he was flipped off. again I'm not saying it's true but you can't just rip a guy for reporting something that was told to him as long as he's not saying it's a fact which he didn't. He simply just reported the story.
Quoted for the ultimate truth.

Coach
12-25-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm not really sure if I blame/care that Haley flew someone the bird. In the heat of the moment, with people screaming obscenities at him, he was probably pissed. Is he supposed to lower his head and walk off the field?? Maybe, but I think I'd prefer a coach that doesn't get punched in the mouth and then run the other way.
It might piss me off if I was the fan that he was flying the finger to. But I'm prety sure it wouldn't happen because I wouldn't be screaming obscenities at the coach and boo'ing my favorite team.

I'm sure that many people disagree with me, and that's your right. Just my thoughts on the issue.

If someone flips me the bird, I promise you that they get a response. He probably did something similar.

I personally just have a problem with fans boo'ing their own team. If you don't like it, stay home like many fans are currently doing. These guys want to win. They don't need their "fans" rooting against them as well.

If you are the "fan" boo'ing my Chiefs, then http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/12/18.jpg, stay home.

kilobytes
12-25-2009, 06:10 PM
and if LJ would have done this back then...boy you all would be making a big deal out of it.

honda522
12-25-2009, 06:17 PM
I'm not really sure if I blame/care that Haley flew someone the bird. In the heat of the moment, with people screaming obscenities at him, he was probably pissed. Is he supposed to lower his head and walk off the field?? Maybe, but I think I'd prefer a coach that doesn't get punched in the mouth and then run the other way.
It might piss me off if I was the fan that he was flying the finger to. But I'm prety sure it wouldn't happen because I wouldn't be screaming obscenities at the coach and boo'ing my favorite team.

I'm sure that many people disagree with me, and that's your right. Just my thoughts on the issue.

If someone flips me the bird, I promise you that they get a response. He probably did something similar.

I personally just have a problem with fans boo'ing their own team. If you don't like it, stay home like many fans are currently doing. These guys want to win. They don't need their "fans" rooting against them as well.

If you are the "fan" boo'ing my Chiefs, then http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2009/12/18.jpg, stay home. Right on coach.

I will say this once more, even though I have said several times already. So What? If he gave the finger, which he did or didn't know and most importantly who cares?

People flip people off all the time. Infact they do worse things some times. "Stick and stones may break my bones what words will never hurt me."

People who are actually offended by the middle finger are :lamende:.

Pro_Angler
12-25-2009, 09:40 PM
I say its Bs AND that guy should be casterated for making crap up!!!

Canada
12-26-2009, 09:13 AM
But this is the way American Journalism has been for the last 20 years. When the anchors and reporters at ABC can say falsehoods and get away with it, why would some lowly dude in KC think any different?

Oh...well. if its been going on for a long time then it must be OK. Reportinfg rumors that have something to do with football is one thing, this is he said she said highschool bullsh!t!!

chief31
12-26-2009, 09:27 AM

Where, exactly, is this "falsehood"?

He said "Guy says some s***." And, sure enough, guy actually said that s***.

Oh...well. if its been going on for a long time then it must be OK. Reportinfg rumors that have something to do with football is one thing, this is he said she said highschool bullsh!t!!

That's a rumor. :lol:

kilobytes
12-26-2009, 07:46 PM
I say its Bs AND that guy should be casterated for making crap up!!!
Idk the guy wrote a 3 page response about the incident and that he and his family have been season ticket holders since 1965. He wasn't drunk and he never has gotten in trouble there and this week he had it and yelled "You deserve to be fired" to Haley and then the finger came from Haley. I find it hard for a liar to be that passionate and write a 3 page paper about BS. It wouldn't shock me if Haley did. I really am not someone to care about the middle finger being used but whatever.

matthewschiefs
12-27-2009, 01:12 AM
Idk the guy wrote a 3 page response about the incident and that he and his family have been season ticket holders since 1965. He wasn't drunk and he never has gotten in trouble there and this week he had it and yelled "You deserve to be fired" to Haley and then the finger came from Haley. I find it hard for a liar to be that passionate and write a 3 page paper about BS. It wouldn't shock me if Haley did. I really am not someone to care about the middle finger being used but whatever.

It would not shock me if he did but I dont think that he did. Maybe the fan thought he saw something that he realy didnt I dont no. It is something to write a 3 page paper but with fans theses days you never no it could just be someone looking for attention.

70 chiefsfan70
12-27-2009, 09:59 AM
Words and fingers are cheep, some people need to grow some brass! :pointlaugh:

Connie Jo
12-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Shoot, they all twist fact's or truth, put spin on a story for ratings, whatever...including CNN! I tend to agree with timespan, seems it was during the OJ Simpson trial I began to realize journalism had become all about spin for ratings, rather than facts, could no longer be trusted as a source of fact...which was over 15 yrs ago if memory is correct.

I know for a fact in the magazine field of media, quotes of those interviewed are often false quotes, or twisted.

Pro_Angler
12-28-2009, 11:33 PM
With all the cameras media and everything it would have been seen..I say BS

kilobytes
12-29-2009, 12:13 AM
With all the cameras media and everything it would have been seen..I say BS
the game had ended and it was a black out on top of that plus he was in the tunnel so its likely

Connie Jo
12-29-2009, 01:24 AM
This brings back memories of when Gunther gave a ref the finger, hahaha. IMO...that was a great moment, LOL. I know that finger incident from a coach was genuine...I have the picture! hahaha

I miss Gunther!!!

Canada
12-29-2009, 10:41 AM
the game had ended and it was a black out on top of that plus he was in the tunnel so its likely

Its likely because he went through a tunnel and someguy said it happened? Do you want to buy some magic beans?