PDA

View Full Version : Come on chiefs do something right this season and lose at denver

hayden2004
12-28-2009, 12:14 PM
If the chiefs loss we will get the 3 pick if we win we could fall down to like 7 .....Just loss baby

Connie Jo
12-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I understand, but I hate to see a team lose on purpose for gain in the draft, or for any other reason. Besides, with a few rare exceptions, the Chiefs historically don't end up keeping the majority of their draftee's on the team for long.

I'd rather have the memory of beating the Donkey's in their own house, then no memory of a draft pick whose name I can't remember a yr or two after he's drafted & cut.

honda522
12-28-2009, 12:29 PM
I want to be out of the top 5 picks. I don't want to see a hold out like always with these high picks.

captainamerica
12-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I want to be out of the top 5 picks. I don't want to see a hold out like always with these high picks.
Yeah I agree. The talents not that much different from #3 to #7, but the payroll sure is. Plus it's a lot easier to trade down from #7 than it is from #3. I think we should do everything possible to win this game. It'd be a great way to stick it to our divisional rival. If we win this game Denver will almost certainly not make the playoffs. That to me would be very sweet. I hope we play our heart out.

brish
12-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Hell yeah if we can move down a little, that would be huge.!

pbatrucker
12-28-2009, 01:00 PM
A win is far more important! Especially a win against the Denver that will knock them out of the playoffs. GO CHIEFS KICK DENVERS ASSES!!!

matthewschiefs
12-28-2009, 01:22 PM
I will NEVER want the Chiefs to lose a football game. I alway want a win. Would it hurt the draft spot maybe. But to me the Nfl draft is just one big gamble. You never no if your going to get Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf. Thats just how i see the draft. Lets say the Chiefs were to lose and get that 3rd pick. Then what do they do with it they take lets say the kid out of nebraska. I wont even try to spell his name. And he turns out not to be all that great or a total bust. what good would that do the Chiefs. NONE. A win would be much better if nothing eles it gives them a postive going into next season. Loseing for a draft pick is never the thing to do IMO.

SIC J
12-28-2009, 01:43 PM
They should trade their 1st round pick for a good experienced player. Chiefs hardly ever have good luck with draft picks anymore.

Chiefster
12-28-2009, 02:31 PM
If the chiefs loss we will get the 3 pick if we win we could fall down to like 7 .....Just loss baby

If the chiefs lose it will not be because they tried to in order to simply get a higher draft pick. Personally, I'd just as soon see them play spoilers.

figcrostic
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM

It's lose not loss. Also why would we want a 3rd pick then we can't trade, and we don't want some overpriced player again.

Ryfo18
12-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm fine with a later draft pick and more money to use in free agency.

Vandelay
12-28-2009, 09:08 PM
C'mon, that's not how Chiefs fans think. You always want to win, and especialy against a division rival.
In case you haven't heard, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME.........HELLO!!

Coach
12-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I'll take the Win over the Donks to knock them out of the playoffs vs having a higher pick in the draft. Nothing better than beating the Broncos IMO.

josh1971
12-28-2009, 11:13 PM
Yep. ALWAYS good to beat the donkeys in Denver:

YouTube- chiefs broncos 18/19

CHIEFS_FN_ROCK
12-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Man a huge win would be great over the denver donks!!! I LOVE IT WHEN WE CAN PLAY SPOILER!!!

Pro_Angler
12-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Sue wont be there at 3..FYI..He is the only guy id be happy with taking top 7.

KristofLaw
12-29-2009, 07:17 AM
The last meaningful loss to the Donks IMO was one of our last good years and that idiot 'the Rock' was spouting off some sort of bullcrap about the donks smelling like something or some such... I never liked him very much since then. :D

True story. :11:

tornadospotter
12-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Yep, that was a great game!

AussieChiefsFan
12-30-2009, 01:19 AM
I understand, but I hate to see a team lose on purpose for gain in the draft, or for any other reason. Besides, with a few rare exceptions, the Chiefs historically don't end up keeping the majority of their draftee's on the team for long.

I'd rather have the memory of beating the Donkey's in their own house, then no memory of a draft pick whose name I can't remember a yr or two after he's drafted & cut.
Same here!

Chiefster
12-30-2009, 02:24 AM
Yep. ALWAYS good to beat the donkeys in Denver:

YouTube- chiefs broncos 18/19 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OlHRJV_5Sw)

I love that game! Got it on DVD; best game of the "94" season.

nosebleed34
12-30-2009, 09:50 AM
I'll take the Win over the Donks to knock them out of the playoffs vs having a higher pick in the draft. Nothing better than beating the Broncos IMO.

I agree... plus momentum can carry over into the following season, just look at the Bengals... they had a terrible year last season but got hot at the end and won their last three games... given that this is just one game -- but it is against the Broncos

Canada
12-30-2009, 10:17 AM

So you are rooting for the donx and quoting the faiders??:lamende:

drstandley31
12-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Lose to Denver? No F'n way. Never, for no reason would I ever want to see that. The teams mission is to win, that's all. I don't care what the record is.

SIC J
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM
If the Jets and Ravens win, Broncos are out of the playoffs regardless.

kcred
12-30-2009, 05:37 PM
A player like sun would be better than getting Jared Allan back. Defense wins championships. Did you forget the no name from Cleveland that put up 287 against us.

chief31
12-30-2009, 06:06 PM
A player like sun would be better than getting Jared Allan back. Defense wins championships. Did you forget the no name from Cleveland that put up 287 against us.

Ridiculous.

matthewschiefs
12-30-2009, 06:18 PM
If the Jets and Ravens win, Broncos are out of the playoffs regardless.

I would prefer to be the ones that took the donkeys out that would make the season seem not so depressing.

figcrostic
12-30-2009, 06:54 PM
I would prefer to be the ones that took the donkeys out that would make the season seem not so depressing.

That would be awesome, especially after the spanking they gave us.

pbatrucker
12-31-2009, 03:06 AM
That would be awesome, especially after the spanking they gave us.
For this year, that would be our SB.

MDChiefs!
12-31-2009, 04:00 AM
there is nobody worth #3 or #4 for us pick anyways. I would love to be at 6 or 7...especially if it means knocking the donkeys out of the playoff hunt

MDChiefs!
12-31-2009, 04:05 AM
...and the answer to the majority of our defensive problems lie at the NT position. Unfortunately as bad *** as Suh is, he is not a NT and it would just be a waste of money and his talent to plug him in there.

pbatrucker
12-31-2009, 04:45 AM
...and the answer to the majority of our defensive problems lie at the NT position. Unfortunately as bad *** as Suh is, he is not a NT and it would just be a waste of money and his talent to plug him in there.
Majority? Good part maybe. ILB's are terrible. Besides we can't afford to be giving away draft picks. Hopefully some idiot like Daniel Snyer will give us there first and a second to get his QB. HA HA!!! A fan can wish can't we.

chiefan
12-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Pick 7 is better than pick 3. Just think of it like this:

Last year we had a big board going into a draft. Assuming we had the same big board last year, but pick 7, would you rather have pick 7 or pick 3? Just think of it like this:

DHB, pick 7 last year signed a five-year, $38.250 million dollar contract. Tyson jackson, pick 3 on the other hand (who was by the was projected out of the top 10) got a contract with 57 million over 5 years. (the highest in team history) Now, which would you rather have?

Tyson Jackson, with a 57 million dollar contract with 31 million of it guaranteed, or

Tyson Jackson, with a 38 million dollar contract.

I don't know about you, but I like to micromanage in these economic times, and 33 million dollars in savings sounds like a great deal.

So even if we have a small drop off in talent, the price we will be saving our asses from is well worth it.

Canada
12-31-2009, 09:17 PM

Last year we had a big board going into a draft. Assuming we had the same big board last year, but pick 7, would you rather have pick 7 or pick 3? Just think of it like this:

DHB, pick 7 last year signed a five-year, $38.250 million dollar contract. Tyson jackson, pick 3 on the other hand (who was by the was projected out of the top 10) got a contract with 57 million over 5 years. (the highest in team history) Now, which would you rather have?

Tyson Jackson, with a 57 million dollar contract with 31 million of it guaranteed, or

I don't know about you, but I like to micromanage in these economic times, and 33 million dollars in savings sounds like a great deal.

So even if we have a small drop off in talent, the price we will be saving our asses from is well worth it.

Except the only one actually saving is Clank Hunt. Not you and I. I agree with what you are saying but it means more if we actually spent all the money we have available in the cap.

KristofLaw
12-31-2009, 09:53 PM

I couldn't agree more, I think the majority of Chiefs land is still somewhat baffled by the logistics of that particular pick. Whatever, all that matters is that it works out for the best!

chiefan
01-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Except the only one actually saving is Clank Hunt. Not you and I. I agree with what you are saying but it means more if we actually spent all the money we have available in the cap.

It does save us 6 million a year for cap space. It's just a shame we never use all of our cap space. This year is uncapped though, so who knows what is going to happen.