PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs beat Texans.

m0ef0e
09-05-2007, 01:52 PM
I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1184

I put 4k in arrowcash on the Chiefs. Somebody else put 150...

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

Improved defense versus incompetent offense equals a low-scoring affair.

38 points??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
The media always lumps in that group so who gives a damn what they say.It will be a low scoring event, and the chiefs will win.going to place my bet now, still getting the hang of this gambling just for fun or I would have done it sooner.My apologies.

m0ef0e
09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
The media always lumps in that group so who gives a damn what they say.It will be a low scoring event, and the chiefs will win.going to place my bet now, still getting the hang of this gambling just for fun or I would have done it sooner.My apologies.

No apologies neccessary, bro. I'm just full of fire today. :flamethrower51235:

I just find it hard to believe that a playoff team can backslide so thoroughly in the offseason that they are automatically going to get run over by team like Houston, who have PROVED themselves to be a bad team over the course of several years.

DrunkHillbilly
09-05-2007, 02:10 PM
I know I said my ranting was over for the day but I had to get this off my chest... This is totally ridiculous.

Is it that bad? Have the coaching staff screwed everything up so badly in the offseason that a team that has set RECORDS for lack of protection and production on the o-line is going to suddenly see the light and blow us up for 20-plus points?

The Texan's offense has been terrible at best for years while the Chiefs defense has improved. It's true that we are not as strong on the offensive side of the ball as years past but I have seen nothing to say that the Texans have suddenly found themselves, either.

38 points??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Get outta here with that! The Texans will be lucky to find the end zone once in this game and I think it's safe to say that the Chiefs won't be lighting up any score boards with AFL-type numbers this year. The ONLY way this happens is if LJ goes crazy for about 200 yards and a couple TD's or if Damon suddenly starts to light it up.

Just because sports media has lumped the Chiefs into the category of crappy teams like the Lions and Cardinals of recent years, doesn't mean that it's true. The first snap of the regular season hasn't even been taken, yet somehow people know what team records will be at the end of the season and who will make the playoffs. They already know who the conference and superbowl champs will be.

This is all speculation from so-called experts and self-proclaimed analysts. I don't know of anybody who has been granted the divine gift of foresight. So why take somebody's misinformed, ignorant opinion as fact before the event in question has even occured? Sure it's possible to make an educated guess but to automatically write the Chiefs off as a loss due to roster changes and coaching decisions without taking into consideration the poor production of the Houston Texans over the last several years, is just stupid.

Being as the season hasn't started as you say,could it possibly be just as silly to assume they are going to win this game or be an above avg team this season as well?

These guys get paid to analyze these teams year after year. Most of the time they are spot on.

swmochiefsfan
09-05-2007, 02:12 PM
These guys are also full of sh*t half the time, look at Peter King he mostly wrong...mostly.

rbedgood
09-05-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't think that the problem is faith that KC can beat Houston, but rather the economics of the sports book...most of us placed large bets (or our entire balance) on LJ exceeding 70 yards at a 4/1 payout. That is a better payout and better bet than a 2/1 payout on the Chiefs winning. Do I think they'll win, yes...would I rather get a 4/1 payout on a pretty sure bet...yes.

The lack of action on this event isn't a statement on the Chiefs as much as it is a statement on the odds...also please note the oddsmaker (Chief31 I think) has quickly adjusted the odds on LJ exceeding 70 yards...

m0ef0e
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Being as the season hasn't started as you say,could it possibly be just as silly to assume they are going to win this game or be an above avg team this season as well?

These guys get paid to analyze these teams year after year. Most of the time they are spot on.

A lot of these guys have predicted Arizona in the playoffs for three straight years. They haven't made it yet.

How many of these guys predicted the Bears in the superbowl during last year's preseason? Or the Panters a few years ago? How many times have they said that it was going to be the Eagles' year to win one during their stint of losing 4 NFC title games in a row and then a superbowl? How many of these guys had Sandy Eggo to represent the AFC in the superbowl last year because the Colt's defense was supposedly so pourous?

All these guys do is take the safe bets, really. Who's NOT going to pick the Patriots going into the playoffs? It's like passing on LT with the first pick in a fantasy draft. A lot of these guys are still picking the Patriots to win the superbowl, even though many of them admit that this is the weakest defense New England has fielded in years. Then the same guy that pitches this crap will turn around and contradict himself by saying "defense wins championships".

They're all guessing and a lot of them will pull for their former team when you pay close attention. This is why most of the NFL Live guys are always so hyped on the Donkeys. Half of them used to wear the uni!

This year, the Cowboys are predicted to win their division over the Eagles. The Cardinals are predicted to win the wild card while the Rams are predicted to be at the bottom of the division. The Donkeys are predicted to get a wild-card spot... again... and the Dolphins are projected to have the worst record in the AFC aside from the Cleveland Browns. These are just a few things we could see them being wrong about this season.

m0ef0e
09-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Rbedgood, that's totally understandable about the odds. The reason I felt I needed to say something was not just because of the lack of betting, however. Every forum, every radio station, and every tv channel is riddled with people who don't give the Chiefs a snowball's chance in hell. I see it every year but I don't recall a year where I have seen so many dedicated Chiefs' fans with such a negative perspective regarding the upcoming season.

DrunkHillbilly
09-05-2007, 04:41 PM
A lot of these guys have predicted Arizona in the playoffs for three straight years. They haven't made it yet.

How many of these guys predicted the Bears in the superbowl during last year's preseason? Or the Panters a few years ago? How many times have they said that it was going to be the Eagles' year to win one during their stint of losing 4 NFC title games in a row and then a superbowl? How many of these guys had Sandy Eggo to represent the AFC in the superbowl last year because the Colt's defense was supposedly so pourous?

All these guys do is take the safe bets, really. Who's NOT going to pick the Patriots going into the playoffs? It's like passing on LT with the first pick in a fantasy draft. A lot of these guys are still picking the Patriots to win the superbowl, even though many of them admit that this is the weakest defense New England has fielded in years. Then the same guy that pitches this crap will turn around and contradict himself by saying "defense wins championships".

They're all guessing and a lot of them will pull for their former team when you pay close attention. This is why most of the NFL Live guys are always so hyped on the Donkeys. Half of them used to wear the uni!

This year, the Cowboys are predicted to win their division over the Eagles. The Cardinals are predicted to win the wild card while the Rams are predicted to be at the bottom of the division. The Donkeys are predicted to get a wild-card spot... again... and the Dolphins are projected to have the worst record in the AFC aside from the Cleveland Browns. These are just a few things we could see them being wrong about this season.

All I am saying is that they know the game of football. Obviously it's always a guess at the beginning of a season for ANYBODY to predict what is going to happen but they have a better understanding of things being while you and I are at work, they are watching football teams.

I haven't seen 1 prediction of the Rams being at the bottom of that division, in fact I just watched NFL Live and they were predicted to win the division.
The Donks SHOULD be predicted to get a wildcard spot.
The Dolphins COULD have the worst record in football.
The Cardinals also COULD win a wildcard spot.
The Cowgirls very possibly and probably win their division.

You know as well as we all do that these guys have to go by how things look on paper at the beginning of the season. Things get all jacked up when injuries occur so things change.

I don't think it should get to you so bad when people predict that the Chiefs are going to have a bad year. They are!! We all love our Chiefs but reality is reality no matter what anyone says or thinks. JMO.

Canada
09-05-2007, 05:43 PM
All I am saying is that they know the game of football. Obviously it's always a guess at the beginning of a season for ANYBODY to predict what is going to happen but they have a better understanding of things being while you and I are at work, they are watching football teams.

I haven't seen 1 prediction of the Rams being at the bottom of that division, in fact I just watched NFL Live and they were predicted to win the division.

You know as well as we all do that these guys have to go by how things look on paper at the beginning of the season. Things get all jacked up when injuries occur so things change.

I don't think it should get to you so bad when people predict that the Chiefs are going to have a bad year. They are!! We all love our Chiefs but reality is reality no matter what anyone says or thinks. JMO.

And while they are at home, we are watching football teams. At least we come up with original thoughts, not reading them off a teleprompter. Would u still be saying that this is gonna be a bad year is all those guys said that the Chiefs are the team to beat this year? That is the difference with us compared to them, we understand the game....they read about it. If a lot of people say we are bad, that does not make it true. The only thing that can make that statement true is the upcoming 16 game schedule that we are about to play. Your "realism" is just expressing all the negatives and agreeing with the "experts" How much different is this team then last year..."realistically" Same RB, same QB, Same TE, Same WR and we lost one guy on the O-line. Defence has inproved or stayed the same. Where is this great decline u are referring to?? I still don't see "realistically" where we got that much worse??

m0ef0e
09-05-2007, 06:07 PM

The predictions were just for example but they were from http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7174442.

While the 'correct' pick for the Donks may be the wildcard, they were wrong about that last year. In fact, if I remember correctly, they were slated to win the division during last year's preseason rather than Sandy Eggo. While the Cards MAY make the playoffs, I was merely pointing out that they have said this for several years and have been wrong. Not trying to get into a pissing contest with you, I'm just saying that the Chiefs have just as much of a chance to be successful as not this year, imo.

And while they are at home, we are watching football teams. At least we come up with original thoughts, not reading them off a teleprompter. Would u still be saying that this is gonna be a bad year is all those guys said that the Chiefs are the team to beat this year? That is the difference with us compared to them, we understand the game....they read about it. If a lot of people say we are bad, that does not make it true. The only thing that can make that statement true is the upcoming 16 game schedule that we are about to play. Your "realism" is just expressing all the negatives and agreeing with the "experts" How much different is this team then last year..."realistically" Same RB, same QB, Same TE, Same WR and we lost one guy on the O-line. Defence has inproved or stayed the same. Where is this great decline u are referring to?? I still don't see "realistically" where we got that much worse??

Good post, Canada. I agree with you wholeheartedly that there are not nearly enough changes to automatically write the Chiefs off as a losing team this year. We made the playoffs last year and I don't see enough of a decline in the talent on this team to rule that out for this season, either. I think the Chiefs are going to surprise some people this year but no snaps have been taken in the regular season yet. So, I may be wrong though I certainly hope not. If the outcome is so predetermined, I guess we can just crown the Patriots superbowl champs for this year and just skip on to next season. Hell, let's just load Madden up in the old Xbox and simulate the next 10 seasons. The outcome of that would be just as dependable as the opinions and predictions of all these people who think they are football prophets.

Chiefster
09-05-2007, 10:25 PM
I tend to be a bit pessimistic by nature, particularly regarding our beloved Chiefs, which is why here of late, this close to the beginning of the regular season, I try to temper my negativity because I don't want to be too much of a wet blanket and bring people on the board down. I find, though, for me I try not to expect too much so that I'm not too disappointed should the unspeakable happen and I am pleasantly surprised when that which we all hope for occurs. However, on game day I'm as big a Homer as they come! GO CHIEFS!

m0ef0e
09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I tend to be a bit pessimistic by nature, particularly regarding our beloved Chiefs, which is why here of late, this close to the beginning of the regular season, I try to temper my negativity because I don't want to be too much of a wet blanket and bring people on the board down. I find, though, for me I try not to expect too much so that I'm not too disappointed should the unspeakable happen and I am pleasantly surprised when that which we all hope for occurs. However, on game day I'm as big a Homer as they come! GO CHIEFS!

I keep myself prepared for the unthinkable. Being a fan for 12 years, I have to. Otherwise, I would have sold out to the Patriots or thrown myself off a bridge already. Absolutely nothing gets me fired up like Chiefs' football, though. It's not holiday season to me, it's football season, and I look forward to it the entire year. If I go into the the beginning of the season looking at my favorite team in a negative light, it seems like it would just cheapen the whole thing for me. I can handle disappointment when the game/season is over. I refuse to be disappointed before it's even started, though. I look forward to this too much to not enjoy it for at least a few weeks.

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
I keep myself prepared for the unthinkable. Being a fan for 12 years, I have to. Otherwise, I would have sold out to the Patriots or thrown myself off a bridge already. Absolutely nothing gets me fired up like Chiefs' football, though. It's not holiday season to me, it's football season, and I look forward to it the entire year. If I go into the the beginning of the season looking at my favorite team in a negative light, it seems like it would just cheapen the whole thing for me. I can handle disappointment when the game/season is over. I refuse to be disappointed before it's even started, though. I look forward to this too much to not enjoy it for at least a few weeks.
well said

Canada
09-06-2007, 12:03 PM

Right on brother!! I think the negative people just like to say "i told ya so" at the end of a bad season. I guess whatever makes u feel better. Personally, I like to say "Told ya so" when the Chiefs kick ***!! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
09-06-2007, 12:42 PM

Ok, you have a right to your opinion but when we win less games than we did last season, my opinion will be right!!!
You can't honestly say that you are more knowledgable than the guys that do this for a living and probably played in the NFL for 10 or 12 years can you?

I have my opinions on our team as well and no, I don't base them on what the guys on tv say. But it is weird when you turn on the tv and almost every single analyst says we are going to have a rough year. Then, you look at the odds for our team to make it to the Superbowl. Seen those this year??

As for your "theory" that we didn't get much worse goes, first, our O line will not be anywhere close to as good as it was last season, I don't care how many poepe we lost or gained. Second, I believe we are the youngest team in the league or close to it. That never helps!

As I said, you are welcome to your opinions but I prefer not to drink the kool aid when it comes to my team.

DrunkHillbilly
09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Right on brother!! I think the negative people just like to say "i told ya so" at the end of a bad season. I guess whatever makes u feel better. Personally, I like to say "Told ya so" when the Chiefs kick ***!! :bananen_smilies046:

I guess our idea's of "kickin ***" are different!

Canada
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
I guess our idea's of "kickin ***" are different!

Yup...I enjoy watching the Chiefs do it and you hope to be right!! :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok, you have a right to your opinion but when we win less games than we did last season, my opinion will be right!!!
You can't honestly say that you are more knowledgable than the guys that do this for a living and probably played in the NFL for 10 or 12 years can you?

I have my opinions on our team as well and no, I don't base them on what the guys on tv say. But it is weird when you turn on the tv and almost every single analyst says we are going to have a rough year. Then, you look at the odds for our team to make it to the Superbowl. Seen those this year??

As for your "theory" that we didn't get much worse goes, first, our O line will not be anywhere close to as good as it was last season, I don't care how many poepe we lost or gained. Second, I believe we are the youngest team in the league or close to it. That never helps!

As I said, you are welcome to your opinions but I prefer not to drink the kool aid when it comes to my team.

Most of the guys who do this for a living read their sh*t off a teleprompter. Example...NFL Network last night Jamie Dukes picked the Texans because the Chiefs had the last ranked defense and QB questions. Correct me if I am wrong but were we not 16th last year and are the Texans not playing a "career backup QB" as well? I guess if u see/hear ir on TV thenit must be true. I prefer to form my own opinions, but that is just me. Different strokes for different folks!! :bananen_smilies046:

What is your reason for believing that our O-line got that much worse... or is it just because you said so??

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a pretty heated debate boys, come Sunday I think we will all be able to tell a little better about how the season is going to go. The O line could could be questionable but I'm still confident in a descent season, maybe not the greatest but you never know.

m0ef0e
09-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Okay, any self-respecting sports network with an iota of intelligence would not have SCREAMIN A SMITH analyzing NFL teams and making predictions. I've heard several different analysts besides Smith and Dukes who have made the same mistake about our defense being ranked last. A lot of these guys just read a script and that's all. Some of them sound like they haven't even seen a Chiefs game since 2003 and they want to tell me my team is going to suck???

I pretty much have the roster and depth chart memorized every year. My brain hosts a wealth of Chiefs trivia, statistics, and records. I watch EVERY press-conference and EVERY snap of EVERY game. I read articles and columns daily. I dig up records and stats from all over the place to validate theories and answer questions all the time. I live, breathe, eat, drink, sleep, and dream Kansas City Chiefs' football.

Hillbilly, you can't sit there and tell me that these guys who try to analyze 32 teams are more educated or informed than the fan who follows only one with such devotion. They simply do not have time to devote to one team because they are trying to cover the entire league.

I have NEVER seen an analyst or commentator (except maybe a few out of KC) that I wouldn't take straight up in a Chiefs' trivia contest. Aside from the people directly involved with fielding the team, I can't think of anybody in the entire WORLD that I know of who has a clearer picture of what my team's status and chances are. There is nothing, NOTHING in this world that I put more time and dedication into than loving and learning the Chiefs.

That said, I am a realist. I know when our chances are bad because I know damn near EVERYTHING about this team. I didn't have us making the playoffs last year when Trent went down. I was wrong and so was everybody else. Fortunately, Huard was a pleasant surprise. I'm not a prophet, but I know my Chiefs. I also know that everybody has blown the supposed "decline" of this team WAAAY out of proportion. As Canada said, we are pretty much the same on offense with some additions that could be key. Our defense is improved. Where, oh where have we gone so completely awry? Are we are going to have a bad year because ESPN says so?? No. If we have a bad year, it will be because players that have proven themselves to be good in the past didn't play well. I don't see this happening week-in and week-out through the whole season. Sure guys will make mistakes, and we will lose games we should have won and vise a versa. This happens to every team, every year.

However, everybody wants to act like Tony Gonzales suddenly forgot how to play and LJ is suddenly fat and out of shape. Huard of course is lousy because he's been a career back-up and last year was a fluke or it was merely a figment of our imaginations. Oh yeah, lets not forget that our defense is still ranked last from 2003. Come on, as a Chiefs fan you have to admit that the mainstream media seems to go out of their way to kiss LT's posterior and hype up the Denver Donkeys. This is a recurring theme every year and it's convienient because ESPN doesn't have to write a new script. There is absolutely no way in hell some guy that hasn't even seen a Chiefs' game in four years, reading a script of a teleprompter, and played a career in the N B A is going to tell me ANYTHING about MY team. Period.

P.S. - The rest of my posts in this thread will probably be pretty generic as I am running out of gas, I think.

rbedgood
09-06-2007, 02:20 PM
The O-line will look a lot better when LJ steps in Sunday. Yes he'll be limited, but by his standards that means less than 35 carries...say 20-25?! In addition to him being able to make more with less from the line than say Bennett or Smith can, the respect that Houston has for his ability will also diminish their ability to rush the passer (they can't just pin their ears back and rush, they have to beware of the run and stick to their lanes. So with that said I expect that the offense will improve immensely. However the defense is a question mark. Sure they were "vanilla" in the preseason, but a lot of the problem wasn't schemes, but rather fundamentals...(e.g. standing around as Ronnie Brown ran 15-20 yards with only Ty Law chasing him down.) Also don't forget, the offenses they were facing were also in "vanilla" mode.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and I do think KC will win this weekend. However to expect the defense to improve a lot over their preseason performance may be a tall order. Yeah they'll pull out the rest of the playbook, but so will all the other offenses.

As for the offense, I think they will improve...not only will they pull out the playbook, but they pulled the mistake prone Croyle, and inserted Huard, and LJ!!! Also Macintosh should return soon.

swmochiefsfan
09-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Man it just keeps coming. Awesome, I love it. I couldn't agree more about these so called experts from ESPN and wherever else, no one knows the Chiefs like us, excluding company personel.

Sick Dog
09-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Geez guys that is alot to read especially m0ef0e but great work. There is always surprise teams (Saints) who the hell picked them and the Chiefs get no love because they are a small market team to these big network annalists. They are only getting one Nationally televised game and it is because they are playing a New York team. I hear you guys same QB, better "D" better left tackle, better WR, same TE, RB and most of all Solari has a year of experience now!:yahoo:

m0ef0e
09-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I tend to get long-winded sometimes. If my ramblings ever get stale or boring, just let me know and I will try to dig up something fresh to rant about. ;)

Chiefsfan27
09-06-2007, 08:07 PM

Ok cool. Why did we get rid of Printers? I would honestly throw him in with Huard and Croyle about starting. Who is our third QB?

DrunkHillbilly
09-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Most of the guys who do this for a living read their sh*t off a teleprompter. Example...NFL Network last night Jamie Dukes picked the Texans because the Chiefs had the last ranked defense and QB questions. Correct me if I am wrong but were we not 16th last year and are the Texans not playing a "career backup QB" as well? I guess if u see/hear ir on TV thenit must be true. I prefer to form my own opinions, but that is just me. Different strokes for different folks!! :bananen_smilies046:

What is your reason for believing that our O-line got that much worse... or is it just because you said so??

I guess you will have to ask our fellow crowd members how they think the O line is going to be.

You can say whatever you want but you will NEVER convince me that you or I know more about the game of football than a lot of these guys that are on tv. I'm speaking of the guys who have 10 or 12 years experience on the field! They have forgot more about the game than we will ever know!

Just because they read from a teleprompter you think they don't know the game? Seriously bud!!!

By the way, Schaub will make the Texans a better team than they were last season.

BTW....Jamie Dukes is not one of the analists you should be watching.

chief31
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Ok cool. Why did we get rid of Printers? I would honestly throw him in with Huard and Croyle about starting. Who is our third QB?

Some rookie who got cut by the quarterback-desperate Vikings.

Canada
09-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I guess you will have to ask our fellow crowd members how they think the O line is going to be.

You can say whatever you want but you will NEVER convince me that you or I know more about the game of football than a lot of these guys that are on tv. I'm speaking of the guys who have 10 or 12 years experience on the field! They have forgot more about the game than we will ever know!

Just because they read from a teleprompter you think they don't know the game? Seriously bud!!!

By the way, Schaub will make the Texans a better team than they were last season.

BTW....Jamie Dukes is not one of the analists you should be watching.

Just because they read from a teleprompter, u think they do?? Think for yourself man. Ever notice that all the talk is always about the big market teams? And Shaub is just another Carr behind a ****ty line again. You can be as negative as you like, I honestly don't lose any sleep over it. I am hopeful about this and every other season. I just think that maybe you should wait and see if the team is going to be bad before you go stating how bad they are. But I guess you and the TV analysts know more than anybody else about our team and maybe we should all start liking te Colts....or is it the Bears....or the Patriots?? Who is the TV saying is going to be good this year??

m0ef0e
09-06-2007, 10:07 PM
Most of the predictions I have read and heard say the Patriots over the Saints.

chief31
09-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Just because they read from a teleprompter, u think they do?? Think for yourself man. Ever notice that all the talk is always about the big market teams? And Shaub is just another Carr behind a ****ty line again. You can be as negative as you like, I honestly don't lose any sleep over it. I am hopeful about this and every other season. I just think that maybe you should wait and see if the team is going to be bad before you go stating how bad they are. But I guess you and the TV analysts know more than anybody else about our team and maybe we should all start liking te Colts....or is it the Bears....or the Patriots?? Who is the TV saying is going to be good this year??

As a Cub fan, I am used to supporting a loser. Just because someone expects their team to have a poor record doesn't mean that they have to go root for a good team.

tornadospotter
09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Well put. I am that way also, I beleive and expect the Chiefs to win each and every game. Been disappointed numerous times, but game day its on KC Red, and if I am at work I wearing a Chiefs Tie, and Sweater.:bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
09-06-2007, 11:19 PM

Big market teams??? How about they talk mostly about the good teams! If they are in a big market great!!

Look bud, I love the enthusiasm but as I have said many times, reality is key for me. For you to say the Chiefs are going to be good this year is comical. Avg at best!!!! I have been a fan for a hell of a lot longer than 12 years so I want them to win just as bad as anyone but I know an avg team when I see it and I know an above avg team when I see it! I have never worn rose colored glasses and I don't drink the kool aid even when speaking of my own team! Game day, yes, I am a homer but all other times I prefer to look at things realistically.

As far as analysts go, pick your favorite and I bet he said the Chiefs are going to struggle this season and then tell me he doesn't know **** either!!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:02 AM
As a Cub fan, I am used to supporting a loser. Just because someone expects their team to have a poor record doesn't mean that they have to go root for a good team.

...or that they are not still hoping for the best out of the team they root for.

Canada
09-07-2007, 02:27 AM
Big market teams??? How about they talk mostly about the good teams! If they are in a big market great!!

Look bud, I love the enthusiasm but as I have said many times, reality is key for me. For you to say the Chiefs are going to be good this year is comical. Avg at best!!!! I have been a fan for a hell of a lot longer than 12 years so I want them to win just as bad as anyone but I know an avg team when I see it and I know an above avg team when I see it! I have never worn rose colored glasses and I don't drink the kool aid even when speaking of my own team! Game day, yes, I am a homer but all other times I prefer to look at things realistically.

As far as analysts go, pick your favorite and I bet he said the Chiefs are going to struggle this season and then tell me he doesn't know **** either!!

Hey big guy!! I love the lack of enthusiasm as much as you....seriously....u are soooo right....we are going to suck this year!!! U and "my favorite analyst" hit the nail right on the head. The numbers you chose all added up and u have a logical reason for why any chance we have of winning is "COMICAL" :lol: I think I speak for most people when I say any argument about why we are gonna be bad is bullsh*t until we see what happens on the field. Sure we were 9-7 and when we went to the playoffs last year....I know we backed into it....kinda like the Steelers the year before (SuperBowl Champs) in our playoff spot at 10-6. Do the "analysts" say that they backed in?? Ever wonder why that is?? Maybe some analysts who were in the league fo 10 or 12 years are a little biased towards some teams?? OH wait....they are on TV so they must know everything!! If I am wearing Rose Colored glasses then I am not gonna take them off, and if I am a homer then "D'oh" and if the Chiefs chances of winning are Comical then get ready to laugh your *** off!! :beer:

sling58
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM

I agree Canada, Jamie Dukes gets paid to not know what he is talking about. We will beat Texas. There O bites. Our D is better. Our O will actually use the play book and put the Critics to rest. We will be a good teem this year.

DrunkHillbilly
09-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey big guy!! I love the lack of enthusiasm as much as you....seriously....u are soooo right....we are going to suck this year!!! U and "my favorite analyst" hit the nail right on the head. The numbers you chose all added up and u have a logical reason for why any chance we have of winning is "COMICAL" :lol: I think I speak for most people when I say any argument about why we are gonna be bad is bullsh*t until we see what happens on the field. Sure we were 9-7 and when we went to the playoffs last year....I know we backed into it....kinda like the Steelers the year before (SuperBowl Champs) in our playoff spot at 10-6. Do the "analysts" say that they backed in?? Ever wonder why that is?? Maybe some analysts who were in the league fo 10 or 12 years are a little biased towards some teams?? OH wait....they are on TV so they must know everything!! If I am wearing Rose Colored glasses then I am not gonna take them off, and if I am a homer then "D'oh" and if the Chiefs chances of winning are Comical then get ready to laugh your *** off!! :beer:

You just loooove to fight don't ya???? Ur right, you know all and noone else knows anything. It's cool. You should make every attempt possible to aquire a job in the NFL as a coach. They could use a guy like you! Firey guy with an infinite amount of football knowledge, man you could move up in the tax bracket quick!!!

Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period. We all like to think we know the game and we do know quite a bit but as I said, these guys have forgot more about the in and outs than we will ever know.

Do you think it is some fluke that every single person on tv says we are goimg to struggle? Does none of them know what they are talking about?

I'll watch your posts to see how enthusiastic you are throughout the season. How much complaining you do about the things we as a team need to fix to get better. Most of which I'm sure have been pointed out here in the preseason.

Game 1, I'm not sure what to expect. I would love a win! But would I bet the farm on it, Nope!! Don't know many that would. Of course you would but I mean realistic people.

Steelers???? Yes they did say they backed into the playoffs. I never said a team couldn't win if they made it to the playoffs. Anything can happen once your in but we will need a bunch of help if we are even going to sniff the playoffs this year!

Come back down to earth bud! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I love the enthusiam but come on , you act like it would be an act of god if we DIDN'T make the playoffs!

sling58
09-07-2007, 09:59 AM
You just loooove to fight don't ya???? Ur right, you know all and noone else knows anything. It's cool. You should make every attempt possible to aquire a job in the NFL as a coach. They could use a guy like you! Firey guy with an infinite amount of football knowledge, man you could move up in the tax bracket quick!!!

Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period. We all like to think we know the game and we do know quite a bit but as I said, these guys have forgot more about the in and outs than we will ever know.

Do you think it is some fluke that every single person on tv says we are goimg to struggle? Does none of them know what they are talking about?

I'll watch your posts to see how enthusiastic you are throughout the season. How much complaining you do about the things we as a team need to fix to get better. Most of which I'm sure have been pointed out here in the preseason.

Game 1, I'm not sure what to expect. I would love a win! But would I bet the farm on it, Nope!! Don't know many that would. Of course you would but I mean realistic people.

Steelers???? Yes they did say they backed into the playoffs. I never said a team couldn't win if they made it to the playoffs. Anything can happen once your in but we will need a bunch of help if we are even going to sniff the playoffs this year!

Come back down to earth bud! I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I love the enthusiam but come on , you act like it would be an act of god if we DIDN'T make the playoffs!

Canada, you promised to give me a J-O-B when you got the coaching gig. I want to be in charge of something cool, like Ron Farmer's job. I would love to crush the hopes and dreams of NFL players. "Sorry son, we won't be paying you gazilla dollars this year, GET LOST!!!!"

Canada
09-07-2007, 10:20 AM

First of all for the 78th time I will say it....I hope we are good. I will cheer for us to be good. I never said that we will definitely make the playoffs, i said I like our chances....could they be better....sure! However, all I have said is that if you are going to point out all the flaws in this team, why not at least wait until they step out on the field in a regular season game and see what they can do. I do believe that I know more about the Chiefs than the average sports caster on ESPN or your local sports news caster. Just because they played football you think they went and studied every teams roster for the season. I think that a lot of analysts say what all the other guy are saying. That is exactly why the term "vanillla" has been popping up on every sports cast in the world. One guy said so now they all say it. I have heard guys talking about teams running attacks and how the Chiefs have one effective RB and other teams that have a dual attack. We have two pro bowl running backs don't we?? Where is their 10 years of knowledge there?? Playing football for 10 years does not make you a good analyst. It makes you a good player. They may know more about the game of football, they do not know more about the Chiefs. Believe me when I say that if the Chiefs sh*t the bed this year then yes, I will ***** and complain, and I will be doing that because I believe that the players on this team have the ability and talent to put together a good season and I will be pissed if they do not take advantage of the situation but you will not catch me talking about how ****ty they are going to be until I watch a game or two thi season. If your analysts know so much about the game and who is gonna win and lose why don't they make billions betting of football? Next time you listen to some "expert analysis" see what their records are picking winning teams.

chief31
09-07-2007, 10:44 AM

Why do you somehow think that you know more about the game than guys who have played in it for years? Well, you don't! Period.

Is anyone wondering why I would nominate Hillbilly for "Most argumentative"? :lol:

The fact is that I too am expecting a losing season, but it wouldn't require a full-fledged miracle, for this team to be a competitor, this season.

I think that we all expect some good things from the defense this year and if Mcintosh does an above-average job, then that gives a boost to our running game and improves the chances for Huard to repeat his stellar play from a year ago, or at least play well enough to make this team a contender.

You appear to have absolutely no hope, where there is, at least, a glimmer. If you consider the above possibilities, and add in a sprinkle of luck, (which is a factor in everything) then this team could make some serious noise.

Looking at the performance of this team, a year ago, What are the major changes? Improved defense; Improved Left Tackle position (leading to a better opportunity to throw the ball well and potentially, a little more running room.) Looking at this team in that light, it is easy to understand how someone could hold some hope, even some optimism.

I may bring in some cloudy weather to the picture, most of the time, but you are trying to bring in something similar to an armageddon. Take a step back and look at how unwilling you have been to grant the slightest glimmer of hope. I just think that you are being exaggerated, in your pessemism. But, go ahead, I'm not trying to stop you. I just thought that I would point out where that glimmer of hope is coming from.

As for the "experts", often times, it can be difficult to see the forrest, for the trees. When one is too close, things look different than what they look like from afar. Many "experts" are too close to have real perspective.

I won't credit any of those "experts" as being all-knowing. I have absolutely zero doubt that there are many times, that NFL "experts are wrong, while a bunch of fans were right. You want to believe that everything falls were it belongs? I'm sorry for you. Because you are too easily convinced. Answer me this... How does George W. Bush become the President of the United States, then get elected to a second term? Often, the people who get the "job", whatever job that may be, are the absolute wrong people to have the job. What is your team presidents name in Arizona, again?

sling58
09-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Is anyone wondering why I would nominate Hillbilly for "Most argumentative"? :lol:

The fact is that I too am expecting a losing season, but it wouldn't require a full-fledged miracle, for this team to be a competitor, this season.

I think that we all expect some good things from the defense this year and if Mcintosh does an above-average job, then that gives a boost to our running game and improves the chances for Huard to repeat his stellar play from a year ago, or at least play well enough to make this team a contender.

You appear to have absolutely no hope, where there is, at least, a glimmer. If you consider the above possibilities, and add in a sprinkle of luck, (which is a factor in everything) then this team could make some serious noise.

Looking at the performance of this team, a year ago, What are the major changes? Improved defense; Improved Left Tackle position (leading to a better opportunity to throw the ball well and potentially, a little more running room.) Looking at this team in that light, it is easy to understand how someone could hold some hope, even some optimism.

I may bring in some cloudy weather to the picture, most of the time, but you are trying to bring in something similar to an armageddon. Take a step back and look at how unwilling you have been to grant the slightest glimmer of hope. I just think that you are being exaggerated, in your pessemism. But, go ahead, I'm not trying to stop you. I just thought that I would point out where that glimmer of hope is coming from.

As for the "experts", often times, it can be difficult to see the forrest, for the trees. When one is too close, things look different than what they look like from afar. Many "experts" are too close to have real perspective.

I won't credit any of those "experts" as being all-knowing. I have absolutely zero doubt that there are many times, that NFL "experts are wrong, while a bunch of fans were right. You want to believe that everything falls were it belongs? I'm sorry for you. Because you are too easily convinced. Answer me this... How does George W. Bush become the President of the United States, then get elected to a second term? Often, the people who get the "job", whatever job that may be, are the absolute wrong people to have the job. What is your team presidents name in Arizona, again?

and don't you forget it!

:lol: :lol:

swmochiefsfan
09-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Canada, hey wouldn't mind one of them there J-O-B's Im sure I could do something around Arrowhead, like say..... I dont know, maybe making sure the cheerleaders are scantly clad enough. Keep me in mind.
:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Hey Canada, hey wouldn't mind one of them there J-O-B's Im sure I could do something around Arrowhead, like say..... I dont know, maybe making sure the cheerleaders are scantly clad enough. Keep me in mind.
:bananen_smilies046:

You might want to hire some new ones also.......the ones we have aren't something to brag about.

swmochiefsfan
09-07-2007, 11:29 AM
If I get the job consider it done!:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-07-2007, 11:43 AM
If I get the job consider it done!:bananen_smilies046:

I'll count on it!

DrunkHillbilly
09-07-2007, 11:44 AM

When your the president and the owner, there are no votes, it's a not a democracy.

sling58
09-07-2007, 11:55 AM
When your the president and the owner, there are no votes, it's a not a democracy.

What????

DrunkHillbilly
09-07-2007, 12:07 PM
First of all for the 78th time I will say it....I hope we are good. I will cheer for us to be good. I never said that we will definitely make the playoffs, i said I like our chances....could they be better....sure! However, all I have said is that if you are going to point out all the flaws in this team, why not at least wait until they step out on the field in a regular season game and see what they can do. I do believe that I know more about the Chiefs than the average sports caster on ESPN or your local sports news caster. Just because they played football you think they went and studied every teams roster for the season. I think that a lot of analysts say what all the other guy are saying. That is exactly why the term "vanillla" has been popping up on every sports cast in the world. One guy said so now they all say it. I have heard guys talking about teams running attacks and how the Chiefs have one effective RB and other teams that have a dual attack. We have two pro bowl running backs don't we?? Where is their 10 years of knowledge there?? Playing football for 10 years does not make you a good analyst. It makes you a good player. They may know more about the game of football, they do not know more about the Chiefs. Believe me when I say that if the Chiefs sh*t the bed this year then yes, I will ***** and complain, and I will be doing that because I believe that the players on this team have the ability and talent to put together a good season and I will be pissed if they do not take advantage of the situation but you will not catch me talking about how ****ty they are going to be until I watch a game or two thi season. If your analysts know so much about the game and who is gonna win and lose why don't they make billions betting of football? Next time you listen to some "expert analysis" see what their records are picking winning teams.

I also will cheer for us to have a good season.

One thing your getting twisted here is that it is of MY opinion that I say we will have a rough season!! The guys on tv don't influence what I think! I can't help it if I agree with them.

As far as you complaining about why they are bad goes, you say you wil do so because of the fact that you think they have the talent to do better. Well, if they don't do as well as you think they are going to, doesn't that prove otherwise? This is my point!! I don't think we have a ton of talent at certain positions! This is why I think we will struggle!

Avg. at best O line
2 career back up QB's fighting for a starting position.
1 decent and aging WR and 1 rookie with potential.
Special teams is bad.
All crucial positions that are important for a winning season.
Yes we have an avg D. A stud RB and TE that will keep us in a few games but they will wear down throughout the season and need a little help!

I am not argumentative as some of you think. I realize this is a Chiefs fan site but why is it not ok for someone to look at things from a pessamistic side of things? I see Cheifster is not chiming in and I believe he is almost as pesamistic about the season as I am but I could be wrong. I believe he just chooses not to get into this which is fine but I choose to give you my opinion just as you choose to give me yours!

I think you need to learn how to not get so defensive when someone see's things from a different point of view than yours! It's not the end of the world and you are not the almighty football god!! They are just opinions, some will turn out to be right and some will turn out to be wrong but for you to continue to suggest that you know more about this or any other team than anybody else is ridiculous! Your a fan like all of us. If you want to talk about blood pressure or starting an IV great, I'm sure you might know a little more about that than the rest of us but from now on when someone's opinion differs from yours, your more than welcome to share your opinion with them but no need for you to tell them how wrong they are for having that opinion!!

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 12:08 PM

I ALWAYS see Tom Jackson looking through rose colored glasses at the Donkeys, for example.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:11 PM
I agree Canada, Jamie Dukes gets paid to not know what he is talking about. We will beat Texas. There O bites. Our D is better. Our O will actually use the play book and put the Critics to rest. We will be a good teem this year.

You talkin about Herm's play book? :lol:

DrunkHillbilly
09-07-2007, 12:13 PM
I ALWAYS see Tom Jackson looking through rose colored glasses at the Donkeys, for example.

I agree 100%!!! I also think that some of those guys are homers like Canada! Mark Shlereth is another. However, that doesn't mean they don't know the game and don't have a pretty good idea of how teams for the most part are going to do.

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 12:22 PM

One thing your getting twisted here is that it is of MY opinion that I say we will have a rough season!! The guys on tv don't influence what I think! I can't help it if I agree with them.

As far as you complaining about why they are bad goes, you say you wil do so because of the fact that you think they have the talent to do better. Well, if they don't do as well as you think they are going to, doesn't that prove otherwise? This is my point!! I don't think we have a ton of talent at certain positions! This is why I think we will struggle!

Avg. at best O line
Special teams is bad.
Yes we have an avg D. A stud RB and TE that will keep us in a few games but they will wear down throughout the season and need a little help!

I am not argumentative as some of you think. I realize this is a Chiefs fan site but why is it not ok for someone to look at things from a pessamistic side of things? I see Cheifster is not chiming in and I believe he is almost as pesamistic about the season as I am but I could be wrong. I believe he just chooses not to get into this which is fine but I choose to give you my opinion just as you choose to give me yours!

I think you need to learn how to not get so defensive when someone see's things from a different point of view than yours! It's not the end of the world and you are not the almighty football god!! They are just opinions, some will turn out to be right and some will turn out to be wrong but for you to continue to suggest that you know more about this or any other team than anybody else is ridiculous! Your a fan like all of us. If you want to talk about blood pressure or starting an IV great, I'm sure you might know a little more about that than the rest of us but from now on when someone's opinion differs from yours, your more than welcome to share your opinion with them but no need for you to tell them how wrong they are for having that opinion!!

Last I checked, the QB competition was over and to call Croyle a career backup is hardly fair. He is a developing QB, there is a difference. Damon's our starter and he is 10-4 in his career as one. 2nd highest passer rating the NFL, 8 wins, 11 TD's with only 1 pick. I'm tired of hearing that a guy who has shown success and has been in our system for four years has no chance of performing well because he was a "career backup" to DAN MARINO, TOM BRADY, and TRENT GREEN! @!*!%

I agree on wideouts. I like Kennison but he is aging as you said. Bowe has potential. We all know the problems with Sammie Parker. Webb is still somewhat of an unproven commodity, though. We also have Drummond now, too and Sippio on the practice squad. Some of these guys still need to prove themselves but I think we've made some steps in the right direction.

Special teams aren't the best but aren't the worst, either. I agree that they could maybe hurt us some.

The defense was average last year. They should improve some to slightly above average, or dare I say-- "good".

Jason Dunn is back now which will help both Tony G and LJ because Tony will not have to stay in to block as much and LJ will have more blocking. Also, one of our receivers may step up and take some pressure off of the running game and Tony.

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
Last I checked, the QB competition was over and to call Croyle a career backup is hardly fair. He is a developing QB, there is a difference. Damon's our starter and he is 10-4 in his career as one. 2nd highest passer rating the NFL, 8 wins, 11 TD's with only 1 pick. I'm tired of hearing that a guy who has shown success and has been in our system for four years has no chance of performing well because he was a "career backup" to DAN MARINO, TOM BRADY, and TRENT GREEN! @!*!%

I agree on wideouts. I like Kennison but he is aging as you said. Bowe has potential. We all know the problems with Sammie Parker. Webb is still somewhat of an unproven commodity, though. We also have Drummond now, too and Sippio on the practice squad. Some of these guys still need to prove themselves but I think we've made some steps in the right direction.

Special teams aren't the best but aren't the worst, either. I agree that they could maybe hurt us some.

The defense was average last year. They should improve some to slightly above average, or dare I say-- "good".

Jason Dunn is back now which will help both Tony G and LJ because Tony will not have to stay in to block as much and LJ will have more blocking. Also, one of our receivers may step up and take some pressure off of the running game and Tony.

Which I hope you are proven right. I would love to see D.Bowe bring something to the table sooner than later.

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Which I hope you are proven right. I would love to see D.Bowe bring something to the table sooner than later.

Yeah, it would be nice if the coaching staff actually looked smart about something for a change.

Canada
09-07-2007, 12:28 PM

Avg. at best O line
Special teams is bad.

I think you need to learn how to not get so defensive when someone see's things from a different point of view than yours! It's not the end of the world and you are not the almighty football god!! They are just opinions, some will turn out to be right and some will turn out to be wrong but for you to continue to suggest that you know more about this or any other team than anybody else is ridiculous! Your a fan like all of us. If you want to talk about blood pressure or starting an IV great, I'm sure you might know a little more about that than the rest of us but from now on when someone's opinion differs from yours, your more than welcome to share your with them but no need for you to tell them how wrong they are for having that opinion!!

When did I say you were wrong? I disagree with you...your sig says "smack talk bring it" but then when I discuss things with you you get all bent outta shape. The pessimism is negative...look it up in the dictionary. All I saying is why do you continue to say they are going to be bad. How is that supporting your team? My kid is not great at math, but I don't say she is gonna get sh*tty marks at the start of the semester. I help and support here throughout the entire year and I will deal with the problem when it arises, and if it dosen't then I am a happy man. I guess my point is I don't see how being negative about something we have not seen yet is any way to cheer for our team. You are entitled to your opinion and I thought I was entitled to mine, but I guess you disagree and so I will post no further with you on this topic. And if you don't want people to get defensive, don't start posts out with phrases like "Look bud". Don't make this about getting defensive and starting fights, you just went off on me for talking about this with you and we obviously don't agree, but have you not been telling me I am wrong this whole time? Kinda the pot calling the kettle black don't ya think? :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it would be nice if the coaching staff actually looked smart about something for a change.

Oh man! Typed the words right off my key board!

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
Oh man! Typed the words right off my key board!

I am wise to your post-whoring ways. :D

Chiefster
I agree 100%!!! I also think that some of those guys are homers like Canada! Mark Shlereth is another. However, that doesn't mean they don't know the game and don't have a pretty good idea of how teams for the most part are going to do.

That's Mr. Homer to you. :D

Like I've said before especially on game day I'm as big a Homer as anyone; nothing wrong with it.

Canada

It's those kind of comment that turn discussions into fights. But now I am confused....are they Homers or guys who know everything. Pick a side and stick with it man.

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM

You have learned well my pupil.

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM

Yeah but he still got a post by just stating something....kinda seems unfair huh?

I would never resort to such things...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:38 PM
It's those kind of comment that turn discussions into fights. But now I am confused....are they Homers or guys who know everything. Pick a side and stick with it man.

I'm going with.........Canada on this one......all my Arrowcash on him.

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 12:41 PM
When did I say you were wrong? I disagree with you...your sig says "smack talk bring it" but then when I discuss things with you you get all bent outta shape. The pessimism is negative...look it up in the dictionary. All I saying is why do you continue to say they are going to be bad. How is that supporting your team? My kid is not great at math, but I don't say she is gonna get sh*tty marks at the start of the semester. I help and support here throughout the entire year and I will deal with the problem when it arises, and if it dosen't then I am a happy man. I guess my point is I don't see how being negative about something we have not seen yet is any way to cheer for our team. You are entitled to your opinion and I thought I was entitled to mine, but I guess you disagree and so I will post no further with you on this topic. And if you don't want people to get defensive, don't start posts out with phrases like "Look bud". Don't make this about getting defensive and starting fights, you just went off on me for talking about this with you and we obviously don't agree, but have you not been telling me I am wrong this whole time? Kinda the pot calling the kettle black don't ya think? :bananen_smilies046:

I feel your frustration, man. Thanks to both of you guys for keeping it fairly civil and not just turning this thread into a flame-fest. And please believe, I've been ready to torch some of Hillbilly's posts the way he's been torching the Chiefs' chances this year but that wouldn't accomplish anything and would just become a big mess. Besides, it's more fun to go dig up stats and such to back up points and counter-points. I didn't enjoy everything I read in this thread by any means, but the debate is still fun. :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Yeah but he still got a post by just stating something....kinda seems unfair huh?

I would never resort to such things...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your sense of justice and moral judgment is second to none. :rolleyes:

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Your sense of justice and moral judgment is second to none. :rolleyes:

I do have moral dilemma's from time to time....

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:47 PM
I feel your frustration, man. Thanks to both of you guys for keeping it fairly civil and not just turning this thread into a flame-fest. And please believe, I've been ready to torch some of Hillbilly's posts the way he's been torching the Chiefs' chances this year but that wouldn't accomplish anything and would just become a big mess. Besides, it's more fun to go dig up stats and such to back up points and counter-points. I didn't enjoy everything I read in this thread by any means, but the debate is still fun. :bananen_smilies046:

Again stating wisdom beyond your years; we all have varying points of view and are entitled to them, but doing so respectfully is the key.

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
Again stating wisdom beyond your years; we all have varying points of view and are entitled to them, but doing so respectfully is the key.

Are you sure you weren't Ghandi is a past life?

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Are you sure you weren't Ghandi is a past life?

A man's got to do; what a man's got to do.

Canada
09-07-2007, 12:52 PM
A man's got to do; what a man's got to do.

Ghandi said that?? :lol:

sling58
09-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I think forums should be allowed to be free to say whatever we want. If someone doesn't agree with what think is right I do not call them a Homer. Everyone is allowed to freedom of expression on their views of the Chiefs.....If you say something back it up with facts....If you can't shut it. I dont agree with a lot of things people say on this forum but I don't call any one names. We all have one thing in common, WE ARE CHIEFS FANS!!! So let's circle the wagons, put out our F****** tomahawks, chase down some name stealin Texans and make them wish they never formed an Expansion team in Houston. Who's with me?

And in quoting a true Chiefs fan, THAT IS ALL!!!!!

Chiefster
09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I think forums should be allowed to be free to say whatever we want. If someone doesn't agree with what think is right I do not call them a Homer. Everyone is allowed to freedom of expression on their views of the Chiefs.....If you say something back it up with facts....If you can't shut it. I dont agree with a lot of things people say on this forum but I don't call any one names. We all have one thing in common, WE ARE CHIEFS FANS!!! So let's circle the wagons, put out our F****** tomahawks, chase down some name stealin Texans and make them wish they never formed an Expansion team in Houston. Who's with me?

Agreed, and not resorting to childish name calling is what I mean by remaining respectful. I don't have a problem with the term "Homer" because I don't particularly view that as something bad. Also, I don't believe it is always necessary to have stats to back up a point of view particularly if your opinion is derived by what you see happening on the field.

And, you are so right about Houston stealin our former name! They must go down for doing so! :D

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 01:50 PM

I've already got the catbox lined with a Texans uni. J/k, I can't waste that kind of money! :D It's gonna be all Chiefs on sunday. LJ and Bennet (forgot Herm is going to hold off on riding LJ into the dirt for a couple of weeks) for close to 200 yards and 2 TD's. Damon over 250 passing and at least 1 TD. Also, a defensive TD for good measure and a couple of field goals. Chiefs all over Texans 34 - 13. (See, I can make predictions, too!) :beer: None of this is based on anything other than my love of the Chiefs, btw. Don't put your house on it! :lol:

sling58
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM
I've already got the catbox lined with a Texans uni. J/k, I can't waste that kind of money! :D It's gonna be all Chiefs on sunday. LJ and Bennet (forgot Herm is going to hold off on riding LJ into the dirt for a couple of weeks) for close to 200 yards and 2 TD's. Damon over 250 passing and at least 1 TD. Also, a defensive TD for good measure and a couple of field goals. Chiefs all over Texans 34 - 13. (See, I can make predictions, too!) :beer: None of this is based on anything other than my love of the Chiefs, btw. Don't put your house on it! :lol:

Good cause I don't have it paid off yet.

DrunkHillbilly
09-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I didn't realize everyone took "homer" as an insult. I certainly didn't mean it as an insult. Just my way of saying sometimes judgement gets clouded by faith in your own team. I think I stated ina previuos post that on game days I am a homer. Just not all the time.

And Canada, trust me, I'm a grown *** man and it's going to take much more than a football forum to get me "bent"!! I just like to voice my opinion and when I get blasted for it, I want to voice it even more so!! I bet you the same in that way.

Don't compare your childrens grades to football. Apples and oranges! Grades.....FAR MORE IMPORTANT!!! Hope they do well!!

Mo, you should have flamed me! I welcome it! As for torching the Chiefs, as I said, I am a realist. This doesn't mean I don't cheer like hell for the Chiefs every game but at the same time, I don't get too upset when they lose because I feel like I had an idea of what was going to happen. Then, when they prove me wrong, I am elated and it makes the victory that much sweeter for me!

Anyhow, I don't hold any grudges nor do I have any hard feelings. Just don't want to get flamed for a differing opinion! I don't feel like I have flamed anyone, just had my own opinion. Smalk talk?????? I haven't even begun to do that. Most of the time it gets outta control therefor I have chosen to refrain on this site because it is in the rules that we do so. Cheers everyone and here's to the Chiefs winning more than 7 games!!

sling58
09-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I didn't realize everyone took "homer" as an insult. I certainly didn't mean it as an insult. Just my way of saying sometimes judgement gets clouded by faith in your own team. I think I stated ina previuos post that on game days I am a homer. Just not all the time.

And Canada, trust me, I'm a grown *** man and it's going to take much more than a football forum to get me "bent"!! I just like to voice my opinion and when I get blasted for it, I want to voice it even more so!! I bet you the same in that way.

Don't compare your childrens grades to football. Apples and oranges! Grades.....FAR MORE IMPORTANT!!! Hope they do well!!

Mo, you should have flamed me! I welcome it! As for torching the Chiefs, as I said, I am a realist. This doesn't mean I don't cheer like hell for the Chiefs every game but at the same time, I don't get too upset when they lose because I feel like I had an idea of what was going to happen. Then, when they prove me wrong, I am elated and it makes the victory that much sweeter for me!

Anyhow, I don't hold any grudges nor do I have any hard feelings. Just don't want to get flamed for a differing opinion! I don't feel like I have flamed anyone, just had my own opinion. Smalk talk?????? I haven't even begun to do that. Most of the time it gets outta control therefor I have chosen to refrain on this site because it is in the rules that we do so. Cheers everyone and here's to the Chiefs winning more than 7 games!!

That's the ticket ole chum!

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
(Forgot to quote Hillbilly's last message so just pretend it's there.)

I hate flaming people. It's much more constructive and even fun to have a factual debate. I don't doubt your heart. Nor that you cheer your *** off when the Chiefs are on the field. I like to be optimistic about things because it makes the time preceeeding said event more fun and enjoyable for me. That said, I don't let my optimism make the disappointment any greater. If the Chiefs lose, EVER, I'm pissed and extremely disappointed but not more so than if I were less optimistic.

Thanks for the good debates man, I can't be mad at you for holding fast to your opinion and beliefs. In fact, it is something to be respected.

sling58
09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
(Forgot to quote Hillbilly's last message so just pretend it's there.)

I hate flaming people. It's much more constructive and even fun to have a factual debate. I don't doubt your heart. Nor that you cheer your *** off when the Chiefs are on the field. I like to be optimistic about things because it makes the time preceeeding said event more fun and enjoyable for me. That said, I don't let my optimism make the disappointment any greater. If the Chiefs lose, EVER, I'm pissed and extremely disappointed but not more so than if I were less optimistic.

Thanks for the good debates man, I can't be mad at you for holding fast to your opinion and beliefs. In fact, it is something to be respected.

It's good to hold fast to your opinions but don't say someone eles is wrong just because it's not what you think. Diversity makes this thread great. Lets keep it that way and civil!

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 03:41 PM
It's good to hold fast to your opinions but don't say someone eles is wrong just because it's not what you think. Diversity makes this thread great. Lets keep it that way and civil!

Forget that, the gloves are off! j/k Well said.

sling58
09-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Forget that, the gloves are off! j/k Well said.

Like I said before 7 years of Muay Thai helps me in this...

m0ef0e
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM

Sweet, beat up Hillbilly for me! :lol: j/k

Canada
09-07-2007, 09:10 PM

16 years of drunken bar brawling for me!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-08-2007, 06:57 AM
16 years of drunken bar brawling for me!! :bananen_smilies046:

We would make an okay fightin duo

Canada
09-08-2007, 09:54 AM
We'd be like Batman and Robin....but u are Robin!! :)

sling58
09-08-2007, 10:25 AM
We'd be like Batman and Robin....but u are Robin!! :)

I don't want to be no damn bird!!! I wanna be something cool.

DrunkHillbilly
09-08-2007, 11:22 AM
Sweet, beat up Hillbilly for me! :lol: j/k

Bring it!!!!:wheelchair:

25 years of hockey....I have had a few!!!

Canada
09-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Bring it!!!!:wheelchair:

25 years of hockey....I have had a few!!!

Yeah....but that is American hockey, not Canadian hockey!! :bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-08-2007, 11:38 AM

American Hockey=Street Rollerblading Ball hockey

Canada
09-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Canadian Hockey=Ice, beer and fighting. I only lasted one game on my college team. Got the boot for fighting. I have never finished an entire season on a team!! :)

m0ef0e
09-08-2007, 12:23 PM
Ten years of being a computer nerd says u all would beat my ***...

sling58
09-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Ten years of being a computer nerd says u all would beat my ***...

Yea but you can download a virus on our computers remotely probably.

m0ef0e
09-08-2007, 12:44 PM

The knowledge is there but I do that kind of stuff on my own network only and it is just to learn and keep up on my skills. I would NEVER actually hack somebody's computer. Not being sarcastic here, virtual vandalism is a huge problem that costs lots of money and allows fraudulent companies to thrive. To me, it is a very serious and immoral crime because it exploits people's ignorance and innocence much like con-artists and criminals that target children or the elderly.

Chiefster
09-08-2007, 01:18 PM

Shhhhhhhhh!!!! Don't give him any ideas! :p

Three7s
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree with most of the posts about the chiefs not being too bad this season. A lot of people have said the O-line is gonna suck, yeah, if Svitek(sp) is in. I don't think he could block a snail. Most people bashing Huard do so because they're scared. They don't wanna be dissappointed, so they take the safe route in saying Huard will be bad. I don't think like that. I think he'll be just fine. LJ will be LJ, not mystery there. WR will be an interesting position. Kennison is still pretty good, but Parker is awful. He is so fast, but can't catch at all. TG is TG, no problems there.
Our defense should be much improved. Our D-line will be the strength when Jared Allen comes back. Our LBs should be of the fastest in the NFL, secondary could be a tad iffy with two new safeties, however I have seen good things from them. Law and Surtain should still be alright, as long as they don't get injured. The kicking game could be a problem, not punter, more like fieldgoals. However, if people start complaining about that, then that means we have a good team right? I don't want another Len Elliot though.
All in all, if everything goes as planned, and everyone plays their usual game with no injuries(key), then we could go as high as 10-6, with 8-8 to 9-7 being more realistic. GO CHIEFS!!

chief31
09-08-2007, 06:27 PM
Welcome aboard, three7s. Nice first post. I like to hope that you are right about the Chiefs offense. However, I fall into the 'doubters' camp. While agree that there is some hope, I fear the unknown. Huard has to prove he wasn't a fluke. Mcintosh has to get and stay healthy and show that he is worth his contract. L.J needs to be able to run effectively, in Herms offense. There are alot of unknown/unprovens with this team and I find it difficult to believe that all of them will work out.

But there are planty who will agree with every word you said. :D

tornadospotter
09-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree with most of the posts about the chiefs not being too bad this season. A lot of people have said the O-line is gonna suck, yeah, if Svitek(sp) is in. I don't think he could block a snail. Most people bashing Huard do so because they're scared. They don't wanna be dissappointed, so they take the safe route in saying Huard will be bad. I don't think like that. I think he'll be just fine. LJ will be LJ, not mystery there. WR will be an interesting position. Kennison is still pretty good, but Parker is awful. He is so fast, but can't catch at all. TG is TG, no problems there.
Our defense should be much improved. Our D-line will be the strength when Jared Allen comes back. Our LBs should be of the fastest in the NFL, secondary could be a tad iffy with two new safeties, however I have seen good things from them. Law and Surtain should still be alright, as long as they don't get injured. The kicking game could be a problem, not punter, more like fieldgoals. However, if people start complaining about that, then that means we have a good team right? I don't want another Len Elliot though.
All in all, if everything goes as planned, and everyone plays their usual game with no injuries(key), then we could go as high as 10-6, with 8-8 to 9-7 being more realistic. GO CHIEFS!!
I also agree, as far as the so call experts. I do not believe them. I believe that an expert, is just an ex under pressure!:yahoo:

tornadospotter
09-08-2007, 07:28 PM
The knowledge is there but I do that kind of stuff on my own network only and it is just to learn and keep up on my skills. I would NEVER actually hack somebody's computer. Not being sarcastic here, virtual vandalism is a huge problem that costs lots of money and allows fraudulent companies to thrive. To me, it is a very serious and immoral crime because it exploits people's ignorance and innocence much like con-artists and criminals that target children or the elderly.
But could you download some arrowhead cash for me?:D

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 12:07 AM
Welcome aboard, three7s. Nice first post. I like to hope that you are right about the Chiefs offense. However, I fall into the 'doubters' camp. While agree that there is some hope, I fear the unknown. Huard has to prove he wasn't a fluke. Mcintosh has to get and stay healthy and show that he is worth his contract. L.J needs to be able to run effectively, in Herms offense. There are alot of unknown/unprovens with this team and I find it difficult to believe that all of them will work out.

Ditto; I would much rather be pleasantly surprised! :D

sling58
09-09-2007, 07:45 AM

See this is the kinda of optimism that I love. Way to bring it Newbie!!!

sling58
09-09-2007, 07:46 AM

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 11:27 AM
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suckin up to the new kid on the block I see! :lol:
j/k

DrunkHillbilly
09-11-2007, 11:45 AM

Okanagan in Calgary when I was 8!

Canada
09-11-2007, 11:55 AM
Okanagan in Calgary when I was 8!

:lol::bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 03:15 PM
You have learned well my pupil.

Well, we have all learned from the best. We thank you for your insight and wisdom.:11:

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, we have all learned from the best. We thank you for your insight and wisdom.:11:

A powerful Chiefs fan you shall become; the "Crowd" is strong with you.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 03:26 PM
A powerful Chiefs fan you shall become; the "Crowd" is strong with you.

Thank you, master. Do i get my lightsaber yet?

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Thank you, master. Do i get my lightsaber yet?

In time my pupil; patience, patience.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
In time my pupil; patience, patience.

Aww.. Dang. I wanted to go cut stuff up.

"You will learn patience." - Obi Wan Kenobi

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Aww.. Dang. I wanted to go cut stuff up.

"You will learn patience." - Obi Wan Kenobi

Yes, yes; to Obi Wan you listen!

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Yes, yes; to Obi Wan you listen!

:lol: Star Wars roolz!

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 04:43 PM
:lol: Star Wars roolz!

Yup! I got 'em all. :yahoo:

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Yup! I got 'em all. :yahoo:

My favorite movies of all time. Well, Lord of the Rings, also (they actually translate decently from the books).

Canada
09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
My favorite movies of all time. Well, Lord of the Rings, also (they actually translate decently from the books).

heh....he reeds bux. my momma aint raised me ta reed no bux!! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 04:48 PM
heh....he reeds bux. my momma aint raised me ta reed no bux!! :bananen_smilies046:

:lol: Sounds like Pac Man Jones....

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 05:02 PM

Another series that I own! :bananen_smilies046:

:lol: Sounds like Pac Man Jones....

Heh! :lol:

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Lord of the Rings...Star Wars...I suppose you both live in your mom's basement too...Chiefster I'm gonna have to start calling you Chazz Reinhold...:lol:

Canada
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Lord of the Rings...Star Wars...I suppose you both live in your mom's basement too...Chiefster I'm gonna have to start calling you Chazz Reinhold...:lol::lol::bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Lord of the Rings...Star Wars...I suppose you both live in your mom's basement too...Chiefster I'm gonna have to start calling you Chazz Reinhold...:lol:

No, I do not live in m0ef0e's mom's basement. :p

That is all.

spiman
09-14-2007, 04:26 AM
If the Chiefs r going to be soo bad. (they say) Let's loose every game and get the the #1 draft pick for once next year! Can MGMT afford it? Have we ever had a #1?

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Getting in the top 5-6 would probably suffice. One of the top players in the draft that would fill a KC need is T Sam Baker from USC or Jake Long from Michigan. There's a kid from BC also that's pretty good, but I like the kid from USC to be more NFL ready, and the kid from Michigan to be a long-term beast. If you end up outside the top 10 you likely won't get either. If you're in the top 3 the players that will likely go are a few Jr running backs (McFadden & Slaton) and either the Michigan or USC tackle. From 1 or 2 I'd expect KC to trade down to around 4-5 and get a T and extra picks. Unless they run LJ 400 times again, then a rookie RB might be a good idea.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I am not rooting for a F**KING DRAFT PICK! Period. That is retarded. Go root for another team if you don't want to try to win.

rbedgood
09-14-2007, 12:21 PM
I am not rooting for a F**KING DRAFT PICK! Period. That is retarded. Go root for another team if you don't want to try to win.

M0ef0e,

I agree, especially early in the season. My point wasn't to root for the 5-6 pick, more as the Resident Statistician I was informing that the 1-2 pick isn't necessary to fill the top needs.

Now if you get to weeks 15-17 and you're out if it and have a shot at said picks, not that you're going to "root" against your team, but you might not be as loud and enthusiastic in the rooting for them?!!?

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 12:32 PM
M0ef0e,

I agree, especially early in the season. My point wasn't to root for the 5-6 pick, more as the Resident Statistician I was informing that the 1-2 pick isn't necessary to fill the top needs.

Now if you get to weeks 15-17 and you're out if it and have a shot at said picks, not that you're going to "root" against your team, but you might not be as loud and enthusiastic in the rooting for them?!!?

Sure. At that point if it looks that bad, I will be looking to get a high pick. I wasn't trying to ruffle feathers, (the "root for another team" remark was a little too much). I'm just tired of hearing this "playing for a draft pick" crap when we are only 1 week into the regular season. Seriously what kind of fans give up all hope for their team before the first snap of the season or after one loss? The Chiefs' nation are supposed to be the most dedicated fans in the NFL. I live in KC, and I haven't seen said dedication around town nor on the internet this year except in a few rare circumstances.

Everybody wants to call their fair-weather mentality being 'realistic' and say that they have 'perspective'. Hey, if I'm deceiving myself about the Chiefs' chances this year, I dont give a sh*t! Part of being a dedicated, TRUE fan is hope, and standing straight and tall in the face of the odds no matter how bleak they are. I will stand by this team and say we have a chance to go all the way this year until it is no longer mathematically possible. Sure I'm dreaming or whatever. But I'm not just a fan, I'm a FANADDICT dammit! I'm not going to mope around being depressed about the Chiefs while there is still the most remote chance for them to succeed. I don't get to watch enough Chiefs football as it is because the season is too short. I'm going to make it as interesting and fun as possible for at least myself.

I'm not talking to anybody in particular here but: In the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson, when the guy is told to burn down the church with the people inside to prove his loyalty to England, would you have done it because the odds were bad, because you "didn't have a choice"? Or would you have pulled your sidearm and put a bullet right in the dome of that piece of sh*t that gave the order and then started cutting on as many of those a-holes as you could with your sabre until they took you down? Sure, the church may still get burned after they kill you, but at least your soul is not the one stained with that act and at least you went down fighting...

swmochiefsfan
09-14-2007, 03:49 PM
mOefOe,

That gave me chills, I'm with ya brother, lets go out in a hell of bullets. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sign0098: :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 03:51 PM
mOefOe,

That gave me chills, I'm with ya brother, lets go out in a hell of bullets. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sign0098: :bananen_smilies046:

Thanks, man. I cleaned it up, revised, added some stuff, and posted it in a new thread here: http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1364 because I felt I could make my point a little stronger and more concise.

sling58
09-15-2007, 07:43 AM

I think you read my mind brother. I WILL NEVER, REPEAT NEVER CHEER FOR A DRAFT PICK YEAR!!!!!!! I cheer for WINS!!!!!!

I love the fact the m0ef0e and I (Canada also) are on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!

Canada
09-15-2007, 09:06 AM
huh....uh yeah, I was on page 12....sorry

BIG ERN
09-15-2007, 12:07 PM
The Texans played a good game.Why is that so hard to swallow?Good Game!

sling58
09-15-2007, 12:38 PM
huh....uh yeah, I was on page 12....sorry

Stop reading ahead Canada!

Canada
09-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Draft picks are the last thing on my mind during football season!! Draft beer....now that's another story!! :bananen_smilies046:

DrunkHillbilly
09-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Everybody wants to call their fair-weather mentality being 'realistic' and say that they have 'perspective'. Hey, if I'm deceiving myself about the Chiefs' chances this year, I dont give a sh*t! Part of being a dedicated, TRUE fan is hope, and standing straight and tall in the face of the odds no matter how bleak they are. I will stand by this team and say we have a chance to go all the way this year until it is no longer mathematically possible. Sure I'm dreaming or whatever. But I'm not just a fan, I'm a FANADDICT dammit! I'm not going to mope around being depressed about the Chiefs while there is still the most remote chance for them to succeed. I don't get to watch enough Chiefs football as it is because the season is too short. I'm going to make it as interesting and fun as possible for at least myself.

I guess this is the first time I read this post cover to cover. Then I read Mo's post about "being done with this sh*t" I guess we are just two different people and have a different view on how perspective and reality works.

While you think someone who has a realistic approach to things means they are a "fair weather fan", and that somehow they won't cheer for their team and will mope around the whole season, I think just the opposite. While cheering for my team and watching every game and not moping around, I find that reality is reality!

What the hell, I was going to go on and on but we have hashed and rehashed this over and over! I believe you can root for your team while at the same time be realistic knowing that your team is not going to be great.

Just like you take "homer" as an insult, I don't appreciate being told I am not a "true fan" because I am not afraid to say we are going to have a rough year.

So, take it for what it's worth but if you are done, then be done! Don't come back and rant about something after you have already pissed and moaned about how disgusted you are with everyone elses posts about their opinions on the team!!

sling58
09-15-2007, 01:51 PM

I guess this is the first time I read this post cover to cover. Then I read Mo's post about "being done with this sh*t" I guess we are just two different people and have a different view on how perspective and reality works.

While you think someone who has a realistic approach to things means they are a "fair weather fan", and that somehow they won't cheer for their team and will mope around the whole season, I think just the opposite. While cheering for my team and watching every game and not moping around, I find that reality is reality!

What the hell, I was going to go on and on but we have hashed and rehashed this over and over! I believe you can root for your team while at the same time be realistic knowing that your team is not going to be great.

Just like you take "homer" as an insult, I don't appreciate being told I am not a "true fan" because I am not afraid to say we are going to have a rough year.

So, take it for what it's worth but if you are done, then be done! Don't come back and rant about something after you have already pissed and moaned about how disgusted you are with everyone elses posts about their opinions on the team!!

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!

m0ef0e
09-16-2007, 01:36 PM
I just come across too strong at times. I didn't mean to say you are not a true fan if you have doubts. We all do. I choose to beat mine back with a stick but they are always floating in the back of my mind. I dare say that if you cheer for your team to lose for draft picks, fantasy players, or ANY reason whatsoever, then your loyalty is suspect in my opinion.

Hillbilly, you're allright man. You definately got some backbone in standing up for your opinions. I respect that. Though we don't agree on everything, we can at least agree that we love the Chiefs. That's enough for me, bro. You wouldn't post here as much as you do if you were not a 'true fan' so your loyalty is not in question as far as I'm concerned. We just don't see eye to eye all the time and that's okay.

While the term "homer" is actually not an insult to me, I did deserve some ribbing after throwing my little tantrum yesterday. I apologize to everybody on the site for having to witness that. I am a very emotional person and I wear them on my sleeve. I'm an aries, what can i say? Thank you, though, for keeping me in check because sometimes I need it.

Canada
09-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I just come across too strong at times. I didn't mean to say you are not a true fan if you have doubts. We all do. I choose to beat mine back with a stick but they are always floating in the back of my mind. I dare say that if you cheer for your team to lose for draft picks, fantasy players, or ANY reason whatsoever, then your loyalty is suspect in my opinion.

Hillbilly, you're allright man. You definately got some backbone in standing up for your opinions. I respect that. Though we don't agree on everything, we can at least agree that we love the Chiefs. That's enough for me, bro. You wouldn't post here as much as you do if you were not a 'true fan' so your loyalty is not in question as far as I'm concerned. We just don't see eye to eye all the time and that's okay.

While the term "homer" is actually not an insult to me, I did deserve some ribbing after throwing my little tantrum yesterday. I apologize to everybody on the site for having to witness that. I am a very emotional person and I wear them on my sleeve. I'm an aries, what can i say? Thank you, though, for keeping me in check because sometimes I need it.

No problem Mr Vermeil....i mean Mr. Moefoe!! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
No problem Mr Vermeil....i mean Mr. Moefoe!! :bananen_smilies046:

:lol: Nice. :bananen_smilies046:

hermhater
09-17-2007, 10:48 PM
There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't want a win every week. We all get that.

If we could just stop arguing amongst ourselves and gang up on f@rking HERM, the world would be a better place.

luv
09-17-2007, 11:10 PM
There's not a single person in this thread that doesn't want a win every week. We all get that.

If we could just stop arguing amongst ourselves and gang up on f@rking HERM, the world would be a better place.
Can someone change this person's name to hermhater or something? I think it needs to be more clear that they don't like Herm. [/sarcasm]

rbedgood
09-17-2007, 11:12 PM
Can someone change this person's name to hermhater or something? I think it needs to be more clear that they don't like Herm. [/sarcasm]

C'mon Luv, you already ran off Sweets last week...go easy on the others...:D

hermhater
09-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey luv that is a great idea. Can I do that?

luv
09-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Seriously? Wow, I was just being sarcastic with ya. I'm sure a mod can do that for you, if you want them to.

Canada
09-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Seriously? Wow, I was just being sarcastic with ya. I'm sure a mod can do that for you, if you want them to.

bah....all the mods here are hardasses!! :lol:

luv
09-17-2007, 11:18 PM
C'mon Luv, you already ran off Sweets last week...go easy on the others...:D
If I run anyone else off by stating a diverse opinion or being sarcastic.....

I think I'd leave. I'd kill myself knowing others couldn't handle me. I really am a sweetheart in real life.

Canada
09-17-2007, 11:19 PM

I think I'd leave. I'd kill myself knowing others couldn't handle me. I really am a sweetheart in real life.

mmmm hmmmmm.....and I don't drink beer!! :lol:

hermhater
09-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Have you noticed that the injuries that happen with Herm are always on the offensive side of the ball?

The defense stays pretty healthy because they are agressive.

The offense gets hurt because they are told to stand around and be passive (at least that is how is seems to me) and that can be compared to mma or boxing.

The most effective fighters are the aggressive ones.

Chiefster
09-17-2007, 11:22 PM

Nope you can't; not even sure that I can, but I'll give it a shot.

Canada
09-17-2007, 11:23 PM
Nope you can't; not even sure that I can, but I'll give it a shot.

See....told you the mods were hardasses!! :11:

rbedgood
09-18-2007, 12:04 AM

Therin lies the irony and humor

Chiefster
09-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Therin lies the irony and humor

Yup, wonder how many will get it. :D

Chiefster
09-18-2007, 12:08 AM
See....told you the mods were hardasses!! :11:

Us???? Hehehehe!!!:D