PDA

View Full Version : Knowing what we know now we would have done what before the 2009 season

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Tried to trade LJ or just cut him
Drafted Orakpo instead of Jackson
Built the line up
Not have picked up Cassel kept thigpen (not that Thigpen is better but he would do about the same with much less cost) and waited until 2010 to pick up a solid qb or trade Dorsey for Kyle Orton
Make sure Bowe does not take diuretics or steroids or whatever he did
Sign Succop to a 10 year contract
Kept Tony Gonzalez
Tried to pick up Chambers earlier
what else you think?

matthewschiefs
12-29-2009, 11:38 AM
I like everything but not picking up Cassel. I think that this team would be far worse if we did not have him. Has he played great no. But his numbers would look so much better if it were not for the drops. Not only would his completion % be higher then what it is but he would also have a few more TDS as well. everything eles I think would have been a good thing for the chiefs. Imagin Cassle haveing Tong G to throw 2 I think we would have at the very least one more win.

honda522
12-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Trade Doresy for Kyle Orton. Wow. Thats just lame. Orton sucks, thats why Denver sucks. Just a band aid. Orton is a back up.

I would have rather taken O-sack-po over Jackson, but it didn't work that way.

pbatrucker
12-29-2009, 11:57 AM
IMO you should put more time and thought into the material you post. Some of the things make sense others don't.
Trade Dorsey for Kyle who? Get serious.
We would have far more turnovers with Thigy.
If we had drafted Orakpo would you sit Hali on the bench? They would be playing the same position.

honda522
12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
If we had drafted Orakpo would you sit Hali on the bench? They would be playing the same position.
I thought Orakpo was playing on the line.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Trade Doresy for Kyle Orton. Wow. Thats just lame. Orton sucks, thats why Denver sucks. Just a band aid. Orton is a back up.

I would have rather taken O-sack-po over Jackson, but it didn't work that way.

3300 yards 20 td's only 9 int, if Orton is a back up what does that make Cassel. Cassel didn't even have numbers that good in NE :pointlaugh: and Orton is cheap.

honda522
12-29-2009, 12:17 PM
3300 yards 20 td's only 9 int, if Orton is a back up what does that make Cassel. Cassel didn't even have number that good in NE :pointlaugh: and Orton is cheap.
Look at their record. They can't get it done. 2-7 since the bye week.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Look at their record. They can't get it done. 2-7 since the bye week.

I don't like that donkeys and hope they fail miserably, but Kyle Orton was a good pick up for them that trade for Cutler was brilliant. They traded Cutler and got Orton and what a 1st and a third. I wish we would have traded Cassel for Orton and got a deal like that, that would be complete brilliance.

honda522
12-29-2009, 12:30 PM
You do realize that the Donks have a one of the top pass protection lines in the NFL don't you.

Now, process our horrid OL trying to protect Orton. Even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning would look bad behind our line.

Leave out your hate for your teammate Cassel.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
You do realize that the Donks have a one of the top pass protection lines in the NFL don't you.

Now, process our horrid OL trying to protect Orton. Even Tom Brady and Peyton Manning would look bad behind our line.

Leave out your hate for your teammate Cassel.
Our line is not good but it is way underrated and has gotten much better. Cassel was sacked just as much here as he was in New England, but some how Tom Brady is sacked half the amount. Don't put the blame it all on the line it's mostly Cassel's fault. Tom Brady gets rid of the ball quickly and makes quick decisions that's why he is so good same with Peyton they would both do fine and they throw a more catchable ball.

pbatrucker
12-29-2009, 12:41 PM
I thought Orakpo was playing on the line.
He's playing in a 4-3 defense. If he were in a 3-4 he would be an OLB.

pbatrucker
12-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Our line is not good but it is way underrated and has gotten much better. Cassel was sacked just as much here as he was in New England, but some how Tom Brady is sacked half the amount. Don't put the blame it all on the line it's mostly Cassel's fault. Tom Brady gets rid of the ball quickly and makes quick decisions that's why he is so good same with Peyton they would both do fine and they throw a more catchable ball.
While our OL has improved in Pass protection, Besides Alert and BW the run blocking is still not good, especially Center, RG and RT.

honda522
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
Cassel is a young one. It was his first year last year. Layoff Cassel. Its getting annoying to keep hearing that the only problem with this team is Cassel. Its not, get over it. The whole team sucks. Move along.

reded
12-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Cassel is a young one. It was his first year last year. Layoff Cassel. Its getting annoying to keep hearing that the only problem with this team is Cassel. Its not, get over it. The whole team sucks. Move along.\

I agree....Matt has only been a starter for 2 yrs, on 2 different teams, since he left high school. I'd give him a just a little leeway and see how he performs once they get that O-Line shored up.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 01:58 PM
I agree....Matt has only been a starter for 2 yrs, on 2 different teams, since he left high school. I'd give him a just a little leeway and see how he performs once they get that O-Line shored up.

I don't give him leeway at all when you get paid that much, I didn't make this thread to bash on Cassel you guys brought it to this. He is a professional player, and he gets payed like a star he should play like one, and he doesn't and he never will he's a slightly better then average qb, I really think he is no better then Kyle Orton, if we picked up Cassel for Kyle Orton money, it would be a good deal, but we didn't we picked him up for Matt Ryan money.

KottkeKU
12-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Orakpo would have replaced Vrabel or Hali, both of whom are some of the few bright spots on our defense. He is a good player, but does not fit our team currently... give Jackson some time people, he is a d lineman...

and trading Dorsey for Orton LOL.... Cassel is a WAY better QB than Orton, another year to learn the offense and better performances from the players around him will prove that Cassel can get the job done....

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Cassel is a young one. It was his first year last year. Layoff Cassel. Its getting annoying to keep hearing that the only problem with this team is Cassel. Its not, get over it. The whole team sucks. Move along.

You don't like hearing about how bad Cassel is I don't like hearing about how good he would be if he had this and that. Your the one that called my thread lame, and started S with me over my thoughts, all you did was defend your boyfriend and did not comment on anything else which put all the attention on him.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Orakpo would have replaced Vrabel or Hali, both of whom are some of the few bright spots on our defense. He is a good player, but does not fit our team currently... give Jackson some time people, he is a d lineman...

and trading Dorsey for Orton LOL.... Cassel is a WAY better QB than Orton, another year to learn the offense and better performances from the players around him will prove that Cassel can get the job done....

What does Cassel have Orton doesn't accuracy? No, arm strength? No, quick release? hell no, so what is it you tell me? Plus Orton is 10 times cheaper.

Ryfo18
12-29-2009, 02:33 PM
I think the big thing would not be trading Gonzalez. He would have been a tremendous weapon again for this offense.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 02:49 PM
I think the big thing would not be trading Gonzalez. He would have been a tremendous weapon again for this offense.

Imagine Chambers, Bowe, Gonzalez and JC wow that would be a sick offense.

Canada
12-29-2009, 03:00 PM
Imagine Chambers, Bowe, Gonzalez and JC wow that would be a sick offense.Don't forget Cassel!! :D

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Don't forget Cassel!! :D

Your right, even Cassel would look good with those weapons!:yahoo:

Hayvern
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
3300 yards 20 td's only 9 int, if Orton is a back up what does that make Cassel. Cassel didn't even have numbers that good in NE :pointlaugh: and Orton is cheap.

Dude seriously, don't make statements unless you know the facts:

2008New England Patriots (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) 1651632763.432.23,6937.2230.8214.1112.176T37647219 89.4
2008 Cassel, New England 3600 yards passing, 21 TDs, and 11 Int. That is pretty darn close to me. And the passer rating is almost exact at this point. Orton will probably pad a little to his stats against us this weekend, then again maybe not, but I think if you are wanting to compare stats, you should at least make sure you know what you are talking about.

Plus, if you look at what Orton did last year with only 2600 yards, 18tds and 12 int, who would have thought he would play so well in Denver? Heck, Thigpen had better numbers last year than Orton and played in fewer games! Not that Orton is really tearing anything up this year of course. The old 40 something dude is totally blowing Orton out of the water. Orton was nothing to go bragging home to momma about.

In fact, most Donkey fans were pissed that Cutler left thinking Orton was a downgrade.

KottkeKU
12-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Cassel's contract ran out after his last season with NE, which is what made him expendable to them since they didnt want to sign him to a huge contract after a really good year... and also why he needed to negotiate a new (huge/starting qb) contract as soon as he was a Chief.... He is a starting QB, with a new contract, ofcourse he is going to be getting tons of money... bottom line is, the Chiefs needed a QB, and we have one now. Maybe for more money than others, but we have plenty of room in cap space so who cares how much he costs? I think Chiefs fans are being way too hard on him simply bc he makes a ton of money, and that really isn't his fault. Blame Pioli for giving him too much money, but don't sit here and whine about Cassel when his supporting cast is made up of practice squad lineman, and the "revolving door" or butterhands receivers....so the whole "he should be better bc of the money he is making" excuse is just well... an excuse. Cassel sucks right now bc the offense sucks. Its really not his fault, and i think most reasonable Chiefs fans understand this. And for those who thinks he is inaccurate bc he throws the ball 6 inches whichever way can also be attributed to the (weak) receiver play and chemistry btw the two... And yes, Cassel has made some HORRIBLE decisions, and some BAD throws, but not many....Danan Hughes (ex Chiefs CB, whom i firmly believe in) from Metro Sports has regularly voiced his dissaproval for the "revolving door" of WR's because TIMING can make those 6 inaccurate inches dissapear....

And if someone thinks Orton is as good or better than Cassel, well you can go to Donkeyland and root for the Donks for all i care... That is a disgrace to Chiefs fans everywhere..

I cant wait to start some threads the next year or two when we actually have a legit football team making all the Cassel haters eat SH*T......

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 04:43 PM
Dude seriously, don't make statements unless you know the facts:

2008New England Patriots (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/teams/newenglandpatriots/profile?team=NE) 1651632763.432.23,6937.2230.8214.1112.176T37647219 89.4
2008 Cassel, New England 3600 yards passing, 21 TDs, and 11 Int. That is pretty darn close to me. And the passer rating is almost exact at this point. Orton will probably pad a little to his stats against us this weekend, then again maybe not, but I think if you are wanting to compare stats, you should at least make sure you know what you are talking about.

Plus, if you look at what Orton did last year with only 2600 yards, 18tds and 12 int, who would have thought he would play so well in Denver? Heck, Thigpen had better numbers last year than Orton and played in fewer games! Not that Orton is really tearing anything up this year of course. The old 40 something dude is totally blowing Orton out of the water. Orton was nothing to go bragging home to momma about.

In fact, most Donkey fans were pissed that Cutler left thinking Orton was a downgrade.

You just proved my point, Orton is just as good as Cassel no better no worse.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Cassel's contract ran out after his last season with NE, which is what made him expendable to them since they didnt want to sign him to a huge contract after a really good year... and also why he needed to negotiate a new (huge/starting qb) contract as soon as he was a Chief.... He is a starting QB, with a new contract, ofcourse he is going to be getting tons of money... bottom line is, the Chiefs needed a QB, and we have one now. Maybe for more money than others, but we have plenty of room in cap space so who cares how much he costs? I think Chiefs fans are being way too hard on him simply bc he makes a ton of money, and that really isn't his fault. Blame Pioli for giving him too much money, but don't sit here and whine about Cassel when his supporting cast is made up of practice squad lineman, and the "revolving door" or butterhands receivers....so the whole "he should be better bc of the money he is making" excuse is just well... an excuse. Cassel sucks right now bc the offense sucks. Its really not his fault, and i think most reasonable Chiefs fans understand this. And for those who thinks he is inaccurate bc he throws the ball 6 inches whichever way can also be attributed to the (weak) receiver play and chemistry btw the two... And yes, Cassel has made some HORRIBLE decisions, and some BAD throws, but not many....Danan Hughes (ex Chiefs CB, whom i firmly believe in) from Metro Sports has regularly voiced his dissaproval for the "revolving door" of WR's because TIMING can make those 6 inaccurate inches dissapear....

And if someone thinks Orton is as good or better than Cassel, well you can go to Donkeyland and root for the Donks for all i care... That is a disgrace to Chiefs fans everywhere..

I cant wait to start some threads the next year or two when we actually have a legit football team making all the Cassel haters eat SH*T......
Danan Hughes was a WR, I am not rooting for the donkeys but Orton is just as good as Cassel and has a much smaller salary. Just because a player plays for a team you don't like doesn't make him a bad player, I am loyal to my team but that doesn't mean I can't question decisions or players on that team, that's blind faith and I'm not about that. I want my team to get better and that's why I critique it, I'm not going to sit here and say "Cassel is awesome!" when he's just C level quaterback. He passes as a starter, but he's not going to win the game with crap people like Tom Brady did with his first superbowl ring.

loyalchief91
12-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Keeping Tony G, and releasing LJ and picking up Chambers sooner

Chiefster
12-29-2009, 06:13 PM
Hindsight is 20/20.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Hind site is 20/20.

Yes is it, but with new years coming around it gets you thinking. If we can just tighten somethings up I think we will be a fun team to watch next year and a good team in 2011.

Chiefster
12-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Yes is it, but with new years coming around it gets you thinking. If we can just tighten somethings up I think we will be a fun team to watch next year and a good team in 2011.

Hey, I'm all for that buddy; I hope you're right. :bananen_smilies046:

AussieChiefsFan
12-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Imagine Chambers, Bowe, Gonzalez and JC wow that would be a sick offense.

and with tony gonzalez we wouldnt have so many drops!

Chiefster
12-29-2009, 06:49 PM
and with tony gonzalez we wouldnt have so many drops!

I think you're right Aussie! :D

jap1
12-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Who cares how much Cassel makes? If he was signed for cheaper it wouldnt mean cheaper tickets or cheaper jerseys. Orton has a lot more time to throw the ball and also has a few WRs. He has stokely, marshall and royal. Any of those 3 guys would instantly be the #1 WR here.

Throw in the fact that he didnt have the offseason to work with the WRs and we changed offensive coordinators in the preseason, means there is going to be a learning curve.

Im not saying Cassel is the next Joe Montana, all Im saying is he needs some time and consistency around him.

As far as Orakpo goes, he would not have fit our defense. Also, for those who understand the 3-4 defense end position, Tyson Jackson is not playing too bad for a rookie. Next year I see him as a strong, space eating run-stuffer (which is what he is supposed to be doing, not getting sacks).

As far as Tony Gonzalez, I dont want any Chiefs players who dont want to be Chiefs players. He wanted out, thats fine with me. He was great in his time, but you dont want to play for us, we wont play with you.

I agree with trading LJ. I will admit, I was one of the people saying to give him a chance. In retrospect, we should have traded him for anything. We got nothing from him.

The only thing I would have added was to throw some money at some FA offensive linemen last year and not have wasted time with all the guys we cut by the 2nd week of the season.

Connie Jo
12-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Tried to trade LJ or just cut him
Drafted Orakpo instead of Jackson
Built the line up
Not have picked up Cassel kept thigpen (not that Thigpen is better but he would do about the same with much less cost) and waited until 2010 to pick up a solid qb or trade Dorsey for Kyle Orton
Make sure Bowe does not take diuretics or steroids or whatever he did
Sign Succop to a 10 year contract
Kept Tony Gonzalez
Tried to pick up Chambers earlier
what else you think?

Definitely cut LJ in the beginning. Would've kept Tony, but moreso due to my sentimental heart than of benefit for the Chiefs, haha. Definitely focus on building up the O-Line more, but not sure what choices were available at the time?

I don't know that I'd sign Succop to 10 yrs, maybe. Not sure if anyone could've made sure Bowe didn't take diuretics? Was Chambers available earlier? I was thinking not, but if he was...then yes, I would've picked him up earlier. He's doing well as a Chief (so far).

I would've let Brodie go, kept Thigpen and Cassel...sorry, I'm told you're a Brodie fan. :)

Now in my unrealistic 'I have the power' dreams...

I would've negotiated for Favre! HAHA! He's just so much fun to watch play the game with such energy and heart...I love it! :)

The one big thing I would've done...tried to get Jared Allen back!! Although that would've been impossible no doubt, haha.

honda522
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
What does Cassel have Orton doesn't accuracy? No, arm strength? No, quick release? hell no, so what is it you tell me? Plus Orton is 10 times cheaper.
Toughness. I never seen a QB tough enough to take that many hits a season and still be standing.

honda522
12-29-2009, 07:45 PM
You don't like hearing about how bad Cassel is I don't like hearing about how good he would be if he had this and that. Your the one that called my thread lame, and started S with me over my thoughts, all you did was defend your boyfriend and did not comment on anything else which put all the attention on him.
I never said how good Cassel is, I was merely defending your claims to him being horrible.

Too be honest, I hated when I heard we traded for Cassel. I was irate on these boards. Now I see things differently. I thought Thiggy was the guy, now he isn't the guy and Cassel might or might not be the guy. All I know is I am going to give the guy a chance.

If players weren't given a chance, then how many would be on the bench?

What if Priest were never given the chance. What if JC never got a chance. What Favre had never been given a chance?

honda522
12-29-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't give him leeway at all when you get paid that much, I didn't make this thread to bash on Cassel you guys brought it to this. He is a professional player, and he gets payed like a star he should play like one, and he doesn't and he never will he's a slightly better then average qb, I really think he is no better then Kyle Orton, if we picked up Cassel for Kyle Orton money, it would be a good deal, but we didn't we picked him up for Matt Ryan money.
Actually, you kinda did by bringing it up. It's like the difference between throwing a snow ball at a nerd, and throwing one at a big tough guy. Tough guy is going to bring it down on you.

So many people here are trying to support Matt and give him a chance...and your saying we should have gotten Orton, which most people think he is a joke.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Definitely cut LJ in the beginning. Would've kept Tony, but moreso due to my sentimental heart than of benefit for the Chiefs, haha. Definitely focus on building up the O-Line more, but not sure what choices were available at the time?

I don't know that I'd sign Succop to 10 yrs, maybe. Not sure if anyone could've made sure Bowe didn't take diuretics? Was Chambers available earlier? I was thinking not, but if he was...then yes, I would've picked him up earlier. He's doing well as a Chief (so far).

I would've let Brodie go, kept Thigpen and Cassel...sorry, I'm told you're a Brodie fan. :)

Now in my unrealistic 'I have the power' dreams...

I would've negotiated for Favre! HAHA! He's just so much fun to watch play the game with such energy and heart...I love it! :)

The one big thing I would've done...tried to get Jared Allen back!! Although that would've been impossible no doubt, haha.

I'm with you on TG, and being sentimental doesn't it still feel weird being without him? As far as Brodie I am not a fan but I wanted him to start after Cassel was playing really bad, maybe I was wrong to say that but I was pissed off. I honestly was upset to see Thigpen go, I really liked him he had so much heart and did more with so little then about anyone.

figcrostic
12-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Toughness. I never seen a QB tough enough to take that many hits a season and still be standing.

I don't think anyone would say Cassel can't take a hit he is tough as hell, but honesly is that all you got? I was being serious how is he better then Orton? (now I am going to be labeled and Orton Fan, just like you guys labeled me a Croyle fan so be it)

honda522
12-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't think anyone would say Cassel can't take a hit he is tough as hell, but honesly is that all you got? I was being serious how is he better then Orton? (now I am going to be labeled and Orton Fan, just like you guys labeled me a Croyle fan so be it)
Lets continue this argument in 5 years. Until then, enjoy reading my other post all over the place here.

Hayvern
12-30-2009, 12:20 AM
You just proved my point, Orton is just as good as Cassel no better no worse.
Well I agree with keeping Thigpen as he was just as good as Orton, but I would not have made a move to bring in Orton to this team. What would be the point? The only reason he went to Chicago was the Cutler trade, if the Bears thought that another team actually WANTED Orton, the price would have been higher.

That is the part many of you guys fail to realize. These teams just do not give players away. I am sure Chicago is kicking themselves in the rear making the move for Cutler seeing how Cutler did for them this season and considering they had to give up a First Rounder to get him.

Seriously! Do you really think that the Bears would have just given us Orton? Do you think we would have gotten the deal we did for Orton over Cassel? You seem to forget that deal also included Vrabel, who also brought an impact with him.

I would never have signed Cassel to such a large deal without seeing him play, but he has played well enough to be a starter for just about any team out there, and he is certainly not making Manning money so I think we are alright with what we got.

Canada
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM
now I am going to be labeled and Orton Fan, just like you guys labeled me a Croyle fan so be it

No, it would be childish to resort to name calling.

all you did was defend your boyfriend

:sign0023:see

chief31
12-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Cassel's contract ran out after his last season with NE, which is what made him expendable to them since they didnt want to sign him to a huge contract after a really good year... and also why he needed to negotiate a new (huge/starting qb) contract as soon as he was a Chief....

He was set to play one season under the franchise tag.

He is a starting QB, with a new contract, ofcourse he is going to be getting tons of money...

He was not a starting QB. (Or should not have been treated as such, without winning that job.)

bottom line is, the Chiefs needed a QB, and we have one now.

I still don't see where The Chiefs needed a QB.

Maybe for more money than others, but we have plenty of room in cap space so who cares how much he costs? I think Chiefs fans are being way too hard on him simply bc he makes a ton of money, and that really isn't his fault. Blame Pioli for giving him too much money, but don't sit here and whine about Cassel when his supporting cast is made up of practice squad lineman, and the "revolving door" or butterhands receivers....so the whole "he should be better bc of the money he is making" excuse is just well... an excuse. Cassel sucks right now bc the offense sucks. Its really not his fault, and i think most reasonable Chiefs fans understand this. And for those who thinks he is inaccurate bc he throws the ball 6 inches whichever way can also be attributed to the (weak) receiver play and chemistry btw the two... And yes, Cassel has made some HORRIBLE decisions, and some BAD throws, but not many....Danan Hughes (ex Chiefs CB, whom i firmly believe in) from Metro Sports has regularly voiced his dissaproval for the "revolving door" of WR's because TIMING can make those 6 inaccurate inches dissapear....

I won't be going to Donkeyland. But thanks for pleasantly offering.

I happen to think that Peyton Manning is a better QB than Cassel. Is that a disgrace? I think Tom Brady and Drew Brees are both better QBs than Cassel is. How humiliating, hunh?

It is not, in any way, shape, or form, disgraceful to believe that some other player is better than the player The Chiefs have at that same position. In case you haven't noticed, we really don't have the all around dream team here right now.

It is reasonable, while I don't completely agree, to say that Orton is a better QB, considering the current stats.

As for actual thread topic...

I probably keep Herm Edwards as HC for another season, or just have Gailey or Gunther act as interim coach for a season.

I am sure he would have gotten to better than 3-13. But I'll force his resignation after this season anyway.

I don't trade for Cassel.

I do not fire Chan Gailey.

I don't allow Damien Macintosh to be released.

I don't cut Bernard Pollard.

I don't trade away Thigpen.

I don't trade away Tank Tyler.

I draft Andre Smith, and allow Brandon Albert to move back to RG.

I suffer like hell on defense again. Because replacing Jared Allen and addressing the o-line can't, realistically, be done in one off-season.

The rest of my draft would look quite different as well. But I don't want to drag this out all night.:D

figcrostic
12-30-2009, 06:41 PM
I won't be going to Donkeyland. But thanks for pleasantly offering.

I happen to think that Peyton Manning is a better QB than Cassel. Is that a disgrace? I think Tom Brady and Drew Brees are both better QBs than Cassel is. How humiliating, hunh?

It is not, in any way, shape, or form, disgraceful to believe that some other player is better than the player The Chiefs have at that same position. In case you haven't noticed, we really don't have the all around dream team here right now.

It is reasonable, while I don't completely agree, to say that Orton is a better QB, considering the current stats.

As for actual thread topic...

I probably keep Herm Edwards as HC for another season, or just have Gailey or Gunther act as interim coach for a season.

I am sure he would have gotten to better than 3-13. But I'll force his resignation after this season anyway.

I don't trade for Cassel.

I do not fire Chan Gailey.

I don't allow Damien Macintosh to be released.

I don't cut Bernard Pollard.

I don't trade away Thigpen.

I don't trade away Tank Tyler.

I draft Andre Smith, and allow Brandon Albert to move back to RG.

I suffer like hell on defense again. Because replacing Jared Allen and addressing the o-line can't, realistically, be done in one off-season.

The rest of my draft would look quite different as well. But I don't want to drag this out all night.:D

I can agree with that, also I don't even think Orton is better then Cassel just not worse, I think they are about equal. I like the idea of making Chan interim coach he knew the offense better then anyone and was very creative guy.

windwalker
12-31-2009, 07:51 AM
IMO you should put more time and thought into the material you post. Some of the things make sense others don't.
Trade Dorsey for Kyle who? Get serious.
We would have far more turnovers with Thigy.

You really believe that???? Isn't "Door-Mat" Cassel leading the NFL in interceptions????

pbatrucker
12-31-2009, 08:39 AM
You really believe that???? Isn't "Door-Mat" Cassel leading the NFL in interceptions????
Let's go back to that research thing!!! I believe Cutler has 26 or 27 interceptions!!!!!
And yes, I do believe Thigy would have more turn overs. He is a QB that can operate out of the spread offense. I liked what he did last year, but he proved in preseason that he was not very good under center.
Cassell has made his share of mistakes, but for a QB operating behind a bad OL. With a revolving door of WR's. Plus learning a new offense on the fly, he has performed better than can be expected.
Until we get the "right 53" in place and everyone knows the offense and defense. Until the WR's know how to run their routes and know and are capable of being in the right place when they are supposed to be there. Only when the OL can block. Then Cassell should be able to throw the ball before they come out of their breaks (quick release). When every thing comes together, then we will be able to tell if Cassell is the Qb most of us want him to be and are willing to wait and see or if he is the "door mat" that a person that does not fully understands professional football thinks he is.

honda522
12-31-2009, 10:58 AM
Check your facts dude, Jay Cutler has 27 ints. Your not a very good Chief fan, if your even one at all.

tryan
12-31-2009, 11:26 AM
the lost of Tony G was the biggest mistake we made.I also believe we should have drafted that lb from west virginia not jackson,and dorsey hasn't shown me ****.They lak testical fortitude late in games where winners are made.

honda522
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
the lost of Tony G was the biggest mistake we made.I also believe we should have drafted that lb from west virginia not jackson,and dorsey hasn't shown me ****.They lak testical fortitude late in games where winners are made.
Doresy is coming around. I didn't like it when we drafted him and I didn't like him last year, but he is getting better. I labeled him as a bust, but he is stopping the run better than our other DL.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2009, 12:29 PM

Cassel has defently been hit with the turnover bug as of late but he has also had some big time plays late in games. He also has not been helped by all the drop passes so blameing Cassle and saying that anyone would do a clearly better job is just no accurite. We dont no how anyone would have done behind our oline and with the recivers we have that at times cant catch a ball thrown right to them when they are WIDE OPEN.

As for The thigpen thing. A year ago i was as high on thigpen as anyone. I thought that he had moved past all of his issues. But then the preseason came. A preseason that he could not hit many open guys. His overthorws came back. He did not progress in the offseason. In fact I have heard that the Chiefs were about to move him to reciver. Thigpen was not a pure Qb. Sure he might not have as many sacks as Matt but his completion % would be worse and he would have more turnovers then cassle. Thigpen was not the right QB for this team. Not to mention that Thigpen had the greatest TE to ever play a year ago that helped make him look better as well.

aaronchieffan
12-31-2009, 04:06 PM
I would have done the same what we did. U got to think We would not be a good team no matter who we gots.

tornadospotter
12-31-2009, 09:58 PM
If there was a do over? Trade LJ for what ever I could get, draft Curry if there! Would not trade the Greatest TE in the NFL! But still would have drafted who we did as the last draft pick Mr Irrelevant, who will I think become one of the Greats, Then this next draft, Suh!

chiefan
01-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Gotten a different Head Coach earlier. McDeezy, Cowher, Shannahan, or someone else.