PDA

View Full Version : Brad Cottam's Injury

jap1
12-29-2009, 07:06 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about Brad Cottam's injury. I heard he had a fractured vertebrae in the Cleveland game. As a doctor, when I hear fractured vertebrae that equals career ending injury. Has anyone heard any more details?

He has started to look like a good TE the last few weeks before his injury.

honda522
12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
I heard the same thing. Justin Gage did the same thing. He is back on the field playing already.

Chiefster
12-29-2009, 07:51 PM
Has anyone heard anything more about Brad Cottam's injury. I heard he had a fractured vertebrae in the Cleveland game. As a doctor, when I hear fractured vertebrae that equals career ending injury. Has anyone heard any more details?

He has started to look like a good TE the last few weeks before his injury.

You're a Doctor?

brish
12-29-2009, 07:58 PM
I heard he had surgery and will make a full recovery..

matthewschiefs
12-29-2009, 08:55 PM
I heard the surgery went well as well. I think I also heard he broke part of his neck but nothing that serious. Hopefuly hes back next season and plays well.

SIC J
12-29-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't see him on the Chiefs next year anyways so it doesn't bother me. I don't think he's very good at all.

Big Daddy Tek
12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Cottam had a very small fracture in between 2 plates on his vertebrae. I'm sure that you could tell us what that means. Anyway, as far as vertebrae fractures go, it's the most minor that you can have. With that said. It's still a vertebrae fracture, which equals immediate surgery and rehab.

matthewschiefs
12-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't see him on the Chiefs next year anyways so it doesn't bother me. I don't think he's very good at all.

He was starting to show some signs that he could be a decent player before he got hurt. I hope to see him around at least in the preseaon. See if that was just a false hope or if he could devolpe into a good player.

SIC J
12-30-2009, 12:22 AM
He was starting to show some signs that he could be a decent player before he got hurt. I hope to see him around at least in the preseaon. See if that was just a false hope or if he could devolpe into a good player.

Yeah I just wasn't impressed by him at all. Maybe cuz I'm so used to TG. He has what, 9 catches this season? And I thought I saw him miss a lot of blocks.

Hayvern
12-30-2009, 12:24 AM
Was this due to that catch he made where he landed on his head? If it was, the man has guts, balls and I admire him for his go-get-em attitude out there trying to make something happen.

That was an incredible catch and an incredible way to hang on to the ball!

honda522
12-30-2009, 12:39 AM
That's why you try not to leave your feet.

AussieChiefsFan
12-30-2009, 01:11 AM
Was this due to that catch he made where he landed on his head? If it was, the man has guts, balls and I admire him for his go-get-em attitude out there trying to make something happen.

That was an incredible catch and an incredible way to hang on to the ball!

:bananen_smilies046:

jap1
12-30-2009, 01:54 AM
You're a Doctor?

Yup. Im a doctor in the Navy.

jap1
12-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Cottam had a very small fracture in between 2 plates on his vertebrae. I'm sure that you could tell us what that means. Anyway, as far as vertebrae fractures go, it's the most minor that you can have. With that said. It's still a vertebrae fracture, which equals immediate surgery and rehab.

Thanks. That makes a little more sense. I hope he recovers well.

Chiefster
12-30-2009, 02:14 AM
Yup. Im a doctor in the Navy.

Cool! Thank you for your service!

AussieChiefsFan
12-30-2009, 02:57 AM
Cool! Thank you for your service!

On the news here down under sometimes we hear a lot about the American Army, Navy and Air Force!

Canada
12-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Cool! Thank you for your service!He's your doctor?

loyalchief91
12-30-2009, 12:08 PM
He was starting to come along before his injury.. hopeful to a speedy recovery