PDA

View Full Version : SUH best defensive player since Reggie White

kcred
12-31-2009, 10:50 AM
Yes that's what I said. The chiefs should trade up to get him. the cost to move up should cost no more than a 5th & 4th pic along with our first pic. The rams will jump at the chance to move out. Of the first pick in the draft and still get the. Player they want.(clausan)
Teams. Would fear arrowhead again.

honda522
12-31-2009, 10:53 AM
Quit Making the same thread over and over.

Canada
12-31-2009, 10:58 AM
There is always the next joe Montana, Barry Sanders, Jerry Rice, Riggie White or Derrick Thomas coming out of the draft.

kcred
12-31-2009, 11:08 AM
The purpose of the draft is to draft players that will get us to the Superbowl. Dick vermeal could not get us there with the number one offensive in the nfl. The fastest way to fix this team is to build a championship defense. That's what is wrong with chiefs fans. Happy.Just happy to be in the playoffs

Canada
12-31-2009, 11:11 AM
The purpose of the draft is to draft players that will get us to the Superbowl. Dick vermeal could not get us there with the number one offensive in the nfl. The fastest way to fix this team is to build a championship defense. That's what is wrong with chiefs fans. Happy.Just happy to be in the playoffs

Yeah, a whole bunch of DEs would put us right over the top Im sure.

Chief Tyler
12-31-2009, 11:12 AM

If that doesn't, duplicate threads on fan message boards definately does.

kcred
12-31-2009, 11:23 AM
I guess we can talk about the game against cinn. Or 287 yrd some no name from the browns put on us. You probably liked the Jared Allen trade
30 years since we were in a Superbowl. OH I forgot you didn't see that. One. You were still crapping your diper.

Canada
12-31-2009, 11:52 AM
I guess we can talk about the game against cinn. Or 287 yrd some no name from the browns put on us. You probably liked the Jared Allen trade
30 years since we were in a Superbowl. OH I forgot you didn't see that. One. You were still crapping your diper.

LOL, r u for real? Did a 12 year old get a hold of your keyboard? Sorry I don't agree that we need ANOTHER DE. There are plenty of holes on this team that need to be filled. Or do you want a 305 lb NT so you have something to b!tch about by midseason next year?

Why would I have liked the Jared Allen trade?

Oh...and 40 years since the SuperBowl. I guess at your age the math goes first?

kcred
12-31-2009, 12:06 PM
Mabey it was the 3 degree temperature at victory parade that you were. Not able to be part of. Over 200,00 people attended. This city and their fans expect and demand nothing less than a Superbowl appearance.

kcred
12-31-2009, 12:08 PM
[mabey it was the 3 degree temperature at victory parade that you were not able to be part of. Over 200,00 people attended. This city and their fans expect and demand nothing less than a Superbowl appearance.[/B]

Canada
12-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Mabey it was the 3 degree temperature at victory parade that you were. Not able to be part of. Over 200,00 people attended. This city and their fans expect and demand nothing less than a Superbowl appearance.

Oh I get it, you are a better fan than I am. I couldn't possibly be a fan cause I have only watched them for 20 years. Get over yourself. What does any of that have to do with me disagreeing on getting Suh? Dorsey, Jackson and Suh, the 3 DE front. How does this help us win a SuperBowl?

Canada
12-31-2009, 12:11 PM

[mabey it was the 3 degree temperature at victory parade that you were not able to be part of. Over 200,00 people attended. This city and their fans expect and demand nothing less than a Superbowl appearance.[/b]

Posting it twice does not make u any smarter.

fairladyZ
12-31-2009, 12:13 PM
jesus i feel like i hear this same BS about a d lineman every year and we draft them and people complain and they don't live up to expectations.

SOoooo i got a question for you, since you believe he will turn around the chiefs defense, where do we put this so called savior?
DE? which side? then what do we do with TJ, or GD since they are making ALOT of money to just sit down.
Suh is not big enough to play the NT. Maybe put him back at safety and see what he's got since that is a HUGE position of need?

I think all you SUH lovers should take a look at a true 3-4 defense and realize our front line is not the problem. It's our linebackers and safeties. Linebackers are what need to be getting pressure. Tamba does an ok job but we need the other side to come off the edge aswell and vrabel just doesn't have it anymore. And we need a stout bada** middle linebacker that can plug up holes and not miss arm tackles. THEN our rushing defense will be good. Ron Edwards has not been horrible at NT, he hasn't been great but he does ok. If would could get Shaun Rogers, Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth. Any 1 of those 3 would work nicely for a run stopper, and all 3 of those guys are 350lbs. SUH is a no go on this team, waste of money and space that we already have

matthewschiefs
12-31-2009, 12:17 PM
jesus i feel like i hear this same BS about a d lineman every year and we draft them and people complain and they don't live up to expectations.

SOoooo i got a question for you, since you believe he will turn around the chiefs defense, where do we put this so called savior?
DE? which side? then what do we do with TJ, or GD since they are making ALOT of money to just sit down.
Suh is not big enough to play the NT. Maybe put him back at safety and see what he's got since that is a HUGE position of need?

I think all you SUH lovers should take a look at a true 3-4 defense and realize our front line is not the problem. It's our linebackers and safeties. Linebackers are what need to be getting pressure. Tamba does an ok job but we need the other side to come off the edge aswell and vrabel just doesn't have it anymore. And we need a stout badass middle linebacker that can plug up holes and not miss arm tackles. THEN our rushing defense will be good. Ron Edwards has not been horrible at NT, he hasn't been great but he does ok. If would could get Shaun Rogers, Vince Wilfork, Albert Haynesworth. Any 1 of those 3 would work nicely for a run stopper, and all 3 of those guys are 350lbs. SUH is a no go on this team, waste of money and space that we already have

I think that suh would help the pass rush. It would at least give the offenses the Chiefs are playing anther guy to worry about. Outside of Hali the Chiefs pass rush is not that good. Tamba has made the Chiefs pass rush. We need anther guy that is able to get pressuer on the QB that would help the secoundary. No matter what hall of fame CB you have you give the QB and recivers all day to throw the ball they will find a way to hurt you. We NEED a better pass rush and Suh would help with that IMO. I dont think that he will be there when the Chiefs pick so I dont think that its realy a big deal.

fairladyZ
12-31-2009, 12:20 PM
i'm not disagreeing with you at all... BUT where do we put SUH? he is 2 small to play NT. The pressure comes from the linebackers in a 3-4. You suggest we put him in place of vrabel or hali? cuz anywhere else on the line he gets double teamed and is to small to get pressure. So your point is moot. the WHOLE point of the 3-4 line is to get double teamed and clog up the inside, and leave the linebackers with one on ones for the rush from the outside. SOMETIMES NT's will get pressure and blow thru a double team, but these guys are again 350lbs, SUH is not that big and that strong to take on 2 300lb lineman and win. He will get blown out and create a huge hole for rushers to go thru. NOT a good idea

so you guys want suh. i ask you again, where do we put him?

MDChiefs!
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
haha no kidding....Suh is a DE for us, not a NT. dont need him. Waste of $$$ and a waste of his talent to even be in the 3-4 defense

N TX Dave
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
My problem with him is the rest of his DL at Neb is pretty good. The announcers last nigh said there was another DL would be a 1st round pick if he came out but he is staying another year. The question is does he make them good or do they make him good? Seems like we drafted a DE who played with a good teammate and did nothing for us that about 5 years ago.

matthewschiefs
12-31-2009, 01:38 PM
i'm not disagreeing with you at all... BUT where do we put SUH? he is 2 small to play NT. The pressure comes from the linebackers in a 3-4. You suggest we put him in place of vrabel or hali? cuz anywhere else on the line he gets double teamed and is to small to get pressure. So your point is moot. the WHOLE point of the 3-4 line is to get double teamed and clog up the inside, and leave the linebackers with one on ones for the rush from the outside. SOMETIMES NT's will get pressure and blow thru a double team, but these guys are again 350lbs, SUH is not that big and that strong to take on 2 300lb lineman and win. He will get blown out and create a huge hole for rushers to go thru. NOT a good idea

so you guys want suh. i ask you again, where do we put him?

We would have to make a move. But IF and thats a big IF hes there when we pick its a easy pick. Suh does not have to start right away. Maybe him to replace Vrable is a good idea. Not right away but Vrable is only going to be around anther year or to maybe 3 at the most. Its good to have a guy there to replace him thats not a rookie. He can spot vrable this year learn what he needs to learn to play in the NFL then be a starter if he works out. If Suh is there He is the one the Chiefs Need to pick IMO. The Pats had Drew Bledsoe when they drafted Tom Brady I think that worked out well for them. You can move guys for a pick you think will be good for you. Thats just how the NFL works.

kcred
12-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Drafting for need (ty Jackson / ot ) instead of best available is one of the reasons we are 3&12 this year. Since when would drafting the best player in this years draft and possibly. The best DT since Warren sapphire a bad thing

yashi
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Drafting for need (ty Jackson / ot ) instead of best available is one of the reasons we are 3&12 this year. Since when would drafting the best player in this years draft and possibly. The best DT since Warren sapphire a bad thing

If we had drafted Aaron Curry, we would still be 3-12.

fairladyZ
12-31-2009, 02:07 PM
the drew bledsoe and tom brady point is irrelevant. Tom Brady was a 7th round pick meant to be a backup.
If suh was available in the 7th round sure lets take him.
It seems every year there is a DT that is the next IT, and we pick them and it does not work. Suh will be yet ANOTHER wasted pick for this team. We need to draft best players available yes, but for a position we need. That's like saying we should take Tebow even though we have cassel just cause he is a good player.

We can only have so many top 5 DL and top 5 picks wallets on this team before it's time to go elsewhere.

honda522
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
If we had drafted Aaron Curry, we would still be 3-12.
Though I think he would of been a nice addition. Even if we still had a poor record. :D

fairladyZ
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
so now how bout this picture.

We don't draft Tyson and we get aaron curry.
We dont' draft Alex Magee and pick up another very nice linebacker.
We keep Tank Tyler, and McBride here cause lets face it our defense would not be any worse with them over jackson.
Now we have a spot open this year for Suh.
So now we have Dorsey, Tank/Edwards, Suh
Hali, mays, 3rd pick lastyear stud linebacker, aaron curry.
We shoot for a trade for shaun rodgers or wilfork.
We draft best safety available with our second rounder this year.
Take another cornerback late in the draft, possibly another safety aswell.

all of a sudden our defense looks real scary on paper, and who knows maybe tank and mcbride work themselves into studs.

I'm not raining on jackson yet, just think he was to big of a reach when we had plugs for the holes for now.

kcred
12-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Everyone but the Gmail knew we needed a tackle and the best one was still on the board

kcred
12-31-2009, 03:13 PM
I guess you haven't watched the big 12 for the past 3 yrs. Sun has been the most dominated player in college the past 2 years.
The chiefs would. Improve their record by 6 games next year with the addition. Of Suh. What other player in this draft would do that

kcred
12-31-2009, 03:14 PM
I guess you haven't watched the big 12 for the past 3 yrs. Sun has been the most dominated player in college the past 2 years.
The chiefs would. Improve their record by 6 games next year with the addition. Of Suh. What other player in this draft would do that

matthewschiefs
12-31-2009, 03:17 PM

I dont no that any one player is worth 6 games but He would be a good addition one that the Chiefs will not be able to ignore if he is still on the board when it comes there time to pick. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Ryfo18
12-31-2009, 03:26 PM

Listen...it's apparent you're a Chiefs/Cornhuskers fan. You have a huge man crush on Suh. If we draft him, we have an overload at DE. He cannot play NT, he is entirely too small and will get crushed by 330+ interior linemen.

If we trade up, it should be to get Berry. Safety is a bigger hole for us and he makes our defense way better than Suh will. I still don't like the idea of moving up to get him though. If he falls to us at 3, then run wild with him.

Lastly, you argued that you should go for the best player over positional needs. Curry did a good job of bringing the Seattle Seahawks from a 4-12 team into a 5-10 team this year. One player does not translate into 6 wins like you said...unless maybe said player is a Peyton Manning type.

MDChiefs!
12-31-2009, 03:52 PM
I have never heard such a :sign0053: statement before, NO rookie d lineman will ever have that impact, nor have they. Especially in the 3-4, a scheme he has NEVER played in before

kcred
12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Have you read any of the scouting reports on Suh
Go to Walters football. And read up.
Matt took the falcons to the playoffs. A 11 game swing from the year before. Not so absurd for one player to make that much of a difference

Ryfo18
12-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Matt took the falcons to the playoffs. A 11 game swing from the year before. Not so absurd for one player to make that much of a difference

And they are 8-7 this year. A -3 game swing.

I think it was a combination of him, Roddy White, and the emergence of Michael Turner, along with a pretty solid defense that led to the 11 game swing.

MDChiefs!
12-31-2009, 04:50 PM
:sign0104:

yashi
12-31-2009, 04:57 PM

You're out of your mind if you think Matt Ryan is even close to the only reason they improved so much. They drafted their franchise left tackle, signed Michael Turner who ended up being the NFC's second leading rusher, and hit a home run with a new head coach in Mike Smith.

And besides that, Matt Ryan is a QB, the most important position in football.

No single player is going to make our defense elite. But paying another defensive end 30+ million guaranteed that could be divided among several positions of need sounds like something that could kill us.

I'm well aware of how great Suh is. I've watched him a lot this year and he is amazing. But he is one player, and plays the same position we've drafted in the top 5 the last 2 years.

kcred
12-31-2009, 06:57 PM
Well third times a charm. Finally the chiefs get it right by drafting the best player in the draft, hands down

MDChiefs!
12-31-2009, 06:58 PM
love your draft strategy. Glad your not our GM

Well third times a charm. Finally the chiefs get it right by drafting the best player in the draft, hands down

chiefan
12-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Ok, I don't usually snap like this, but:

HE ISN'T A FREAKING NOSETACKLE IN THE 3-4.

It had to be said. Believe me, I like Suh a lot, hell, I even made the first post about him in here a long time ago before the season started, but that was talking about him as a 3-4 DE, which we do not need with Dorsey doing a good job. That will be all.

kcred
12-31-2009, 08:14 PM

Ryfo18
12-31-2009, 08:18 PM

Come again? I can't hear you.

josh1971
12-31-2009, 08:43 PM
I didn't watch much of the Nebraska game, but I was there for one drive with the huskers on D.

Suh had a "roughing the passer" called on him, and was in a minor fight.

I love the spirit. But in the NFL, those seem to haunt you at the worst times. Especially if you wear read and have an arrowhead on your helmet.

tornadospotter
12-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Well I am going to put my thoughts in this thread! Yes I am a Husker Fan, Yes I am a Suh Fan. Yes I say draft Suh if he is there when we draft! Fit the Defense around the talent you have or can get. Why do we have to stay in a 3-4 defense?

hometeam
12-31-2009, 10:42 PM
kcred;

this thread is stupid, along with all the other threads you have posted about SUH. There is the next 'so and so' in every draft. this player does not fit our system, we have drafted DL time and time again and they have FAILED to live up to expectations. you can post your same stupid points over and over in 40 different threads. we all know who he is, so quit your cryin about it and cloggin up this forum with your constant BS!!!

KristofLaw
01-01-2010, 12:43 AM
And they are 8-7 this year. A -3 game swing.

I think it was a combination of him, Roddy White, and the emergence of Michael Turner, along with a pretty solid defense that led to the 11 game swing.

Not to mention they played our conference last year and the AFC east this year. Plus, I don't disagree on him being great but since Reggie... that's a huge statement IMO..

chief31
01-01-2010, 01:30 AM
I think that suh would help the pass rush.

Ok. At 305 lbs, I don't hear many people arguing that he is built to be a 3-4 NT. So it seems we are all clear that that isn't what we want him for.

So that leads us to the notion that he would play 3-4 DE.

Well, applying pressure on the QB is far from the top priority of a 3-4 DE.

So if he is "helping the pass rush" then he is probably a failure of a 3-4 DE.

So, LB?

Are we really talking about drafting a DT to play LB?

TS brought the only realistic use for this player up.

If we do not stick with the 3-4 defense then we have a job for Suh.

But, since they just implemeted the 3-4 this season, I doubt that they waste all of the players' training and change the scheme again.

However, if we were to go ahead and change back to a 4-3 defense, I wouldn't be so completely against drafting Suh. Still against it. But more open to it.

Also, ten times, in the past nine drafts, we have selected a d-lineman in the first three rounds.

STOP IT!!!!!!

It isn't working. Try something else!

kcred
01-01-2010, 09:24 AM
At least someone knows what talent he is and the impact he would have on this team. Let me ask all you experts what other player in the draft would have the same impact that this Suh would bring. tell me your pic, how many wins would we have this year with your pic? I say the Chiefs have 5 more wins this yr with Suh. Someone please post his scouting report, check out walters football report.

tornadospotter
01-01-2010, 10:48 AM
These stats were forwarded to me earlier today. It's unbelievable.

The following season stats for defensive lines, submitted for your examination.
Line #1 98 Tkl, 23.5 TFL, 9.5 Sk, 20 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk
Line #2 112 Tkl, 33 TFL, 14 Sk, 48 QBH, 5 PBU, 0 Int, 1 FF, 0 Blk
Line #3 116 Tkl, 25.5 TFL, 15.5 Sk, 10 QBH, 7 PBU, 0 Int, 2 FF, 0 Blk
Line #4 82 Tkl, 23 TFL, 12 Sk, 24 QBH, 10 PBU, 1 Int, 1 FF, 3 Blk

Line #1 = Alabama.
Line #2 = Florida.
Line #3 = Texas.
Line #4 = Ndamukong Suh......by himself.

THIS WAS MENTIONED IN THE BREAKFAST NOTES BY JAMROG

This was sent to me a week ago, do not know if stats are correct, and I am not going to research it, you all can if you want. I know we need help in other positions, I know we have drafted DT's for the last few drafts, but Suh if there when we draft, we should take him.

KottkeKU
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
kcred, for all the football games you have watchd the last 40 some odd years, you obviously dont know what it takes to build a winning team... a good stat was previously mentioned by someone here, 9 out of the last 10 years we have taken atleast one D-Lineman in the first couple rounds... and our defense is horrible. Reminds me of the Lions taking receiver after receiver and look at where they are at...

it is obvious Suh is one of the best two or three players coming out this year. But he just doesnt fit our team's current situation. The only way Suh would work is if we traded Dorsey (which would be a mistake that would set back our defense a few years because Dorsey is starting to learn how to play the game now...)

And Eric Berry (although not as good of a player overall as Suh) would have a bigger impact on OUR team in their ROOKIE years...he would add a whole new element to our defense which is currently killing us.

D-Lineman just dont have an impact right out of the gate, i dont care who the DL prospect is. Suh for this reason alone is a bit overrate imo.... although he is still the best DT prospect i have ever seen come out... if you think Suh is going to singlehandedly win us games, and make our defense one of the best, you are thinking way too highly of him.

And please, stop typing like you are in Malaysia and type like a normal human.

MDChiefs!
01-01-2010, 05:04 PM
you cant say he will have a big impact on this team...when is the last time a rookie d-lineman made a huge impact? Learn something about football and how different defensive schemes work, and then come back and post. You are not making too much sense...scouting reports are worthless. Joey Harrington had an impressive scouting repoirt..

At least someone knows what talent he is and the impact he would have on this team. Let me ask all you experts what other player in the draft would have the same impact that this Suh would bring. tell me your pic, how many wins would we have this year with your pic? I say the Chiefs have 5 more wins this yr with Suh. Someone please post his scouting report, check out walters football report.

tornadospotter
01-01-2010, 06:39 PM
you cant say he will have a big impact on this team...when is the last time a rookie d-lineman made a huge impact? Learn something about football and how different defensive schemes work, and then come back and post. You are not making too much sense...scouting reports are worthless. Joey Harrington had an impressive scouting repoirt..
Neil Smith, and the next year rookie Derrick Thomas!

Ryfo18
01-01-2010, 06:57 PM
I say the Chiefs have 5 more wins this yr with Suh. Someone please post his scouting report, check out walters football report.

Earlier it was 6 wins.

kcred
01-02-2010, 09:38 AM
One players stats
Thanks for the info

Pro_Angler
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Suh dowent play the 3-4, Suh wont be there at our #4 spot, Would I love to trade up and get em sure, but are we going to a 4-3?? Not so sure..