PDA

View Full Version : wish list for chiefs new year

kcred
01-01-2010, 09:57 AM
1.a deep threat with 4.3 speed that can get off the Press, 2. true left tackle 3. Nose tackle 4. Safety. 5.guard 6.playoff win

tornadospotter
01-01-2010, 10:31 AM
My #1 wish is to be the last team drafting in the first round of a draft, and not because of a trade!

pbatrucker
01-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Those are both good wishes!!!

matthewschiefs
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Very good wishes my wishes are simply to be better then this year. maybe to sneak into the playoffs next season. Hopefuly we can see more then that.

chief31
01-01-2010, 03:44 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/1.jpg

tornadospotter
01-01-2010, 06:46 PM
http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/1.jpg
?????????:beer:

jap1
01-01-2010, 10:01 PM
My wishes:

Coaching:
A good OC (Weis?)

A good DC (Crennel?)

Free Agency:
A top tier Free Agent ILB

A veteran run-stuffing NT

A top tier veteran safety (unless we draft one)

Re-sign Chris Chambers and bring in a good #3WR who can catch

Draft:
Trade out of top 5 into the early teens and pick up an extra 2nd round pick (probably nothing but a wish)

1st Round: OT either Okung (if we dont trade down) or Campbell (if we were able to trade down).
2nd Round: Mike Iupati (OG), Brandon Spikes (OT) and if we get that trade, then the best safety available.
3rd round: A Kick Returner to complement Jamaal Charles
4th-7th round: someone who will make the team and provide depth

loyalchief91
01-01-2010, 10:40 PM
to be a better team

AussieChiefsFan
01-02-2010, 02:26 AM
My #1 wish is to be the last team drafting in the first round of a draft, and not because of a trade!

Chiefs = Super Bowl XLV Champions!
:bananen_smilies046:

KristofLaw
01-02-2010, 03:40 AM
It doesn't matter how it happens, all I wish for is to have the #1 defence in the league soon.

chief31
01-02-2010, 07:00 AM
?????????:beer:

Dammit! That picture was valid when I posted it!

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!

Let me tray again...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/3.jpg

Canada
01-02-2010, 08:36 AM

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!

Let me tray again...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/01/4.jpg

chief31
01-02-2010, 12:12 PM

PHOTOBUCKET!!!!!!!

Let me tray again...

GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

YouTube- Coach Cowher

Canada
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Screaming and yelling. What a terrible Coach.

Hayvern
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM

Canada, I get your sarcasm, but it is not just Haley's screaming and yelling, it is the reason he is screaming and yelling.

A coach like Cowher, when he screams and yells, there is no doubt that he knows what he is talking about and the reason he is angry.

When Haley screams at his players and then you see that player get back in his face, that tells me there is a problem. There is a problem that the player thinks he was right, yet the coach thinks he is wrong. Maybe the player was wrong, but that kind of insubordination points to a lack of respect for the head coach and THAT problem is the head coach's problem.

I don't ever recall a player getting in Cowher's face when he yelled at them, but I have seen that more than too many teams on the Chiefs alone this season.

fairladyZ
01-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Brandon Marshall.

chief31
01-02-2010, 01:56 PM

Lol. How many of those players lost respect for him?

He knows how to talk to grown men.

In all of his years, I have never heard a player say anything bad about him on Twitter, or anywhere else.

I have never seen a player on his team get that "defeated" look just from the coach hollering at him.

He has good relationships with his co-workers, and they loved to perform for him.

But then, he respected them, in order to gain their respect.

Ryfo18
01-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Canada, I get your sarcasm, but it is not just Haley's screaming and yelling, it is the reason he is screaming and yelling.

A coach like Cowher, when he screams and yells, there is no doubt that he knows what he is talking about and the reason he is angry.

When Haley screams at his players and then you see that player get back in his face, that tells me there is a problem. There is a problem that the player thinks he was right, yet the coach thinks he is wrong. Maybe the player was wrong, but that kind of insubordination points to a lack of respect for the head coach and THAT problem is the head coach's problem.

I don't ever recall a player getting in Cowher's face when he yelled at them, but I have seen that more than too many teams on the Chiefs alone this season.

Can you name some instances for me where players got in Haley's face this year? I've watched every game and not seen this. Why is there no doubt that Cowher knows what he is talking about when he is yelling? Because he won a Super Bowl 1 time in his 15 years as a coach? Besides, the screaming and yelling has been less and less with every game. Can you blame the guy for yelling though? I sit there and yell at my TV every week at the incompetency I see on the field.

Canada
01-02-2010, 05:09 PM

Im don't remember how much respect Cowher got in his first year in the league. I highly doubt that he got the respect he gets now. Too bad you guys arent willing to give Haley the same chance.

Lol. How many of those players lost respect for him?

He knows how to talk to grown men.

In all of his years, I have never heard a player say anything bad about him on Twitter, or anywhere else.

Yeah, cause Twitter is 20 years old. And LJ played for him.

I have never seen a player on his team get that "defeated" look just from the coach hollering at him.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah, they all took it and loved it!!

He has good relationships with his co-workers, and they loved to perform for him.

But then, he respected them, in order to gain their respect.

Again, shame you guys base your "knowledge" of Haley on an incident from last years SB and a few 30 second clips of him yelling on the sidelines. You ring off all of Cowhers accolades...remind me again how many years he coached to gain that respect.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2010, 09:06 PM

I like the fact that Haley gets after the palyers myself. Lets face it the players that are hold overs were spoiled by herm edwards when it came to being held accountable. Herm let them get out of shape or not in there best shape. All the signs of a bad football head coach what Herm Edwards is. These guys need someone to be chewing them out. ITS NOT OK. Thats the only way things are going to turn around in KC.

Now will haley lose some players yes he probley will. But are thoses players that you realy want here. Players that will not take coaching. I dont think that you win with thoses players. The great players all have one thing in common. For the most part they listen to coaches and go out there and do there job. Even T.O has never had a HUGE issue with a HEAD COACH. Players who cant take being coached should not be here. Thats just how i see it.

As for the players yelling back well thats going to take time to stop. I bet you in Cowhers first year there were a player or to that yelled back. There just were not as many camras and no internet or not much of one for all of that to be made as big of an issue as today. But Cowher i am sure had players yell back at one time. He earned respect to a point that players could not do that. Given time Haley Could earn that same respect. Its just something we are going to have to wait and see on.

brish
01-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Excellent post Matthewschiefs, o very valid point.

I just hope he gets a QB coach and an OC to help him out this year.

chief31
01-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Why is there no doubt that Cowher knows what he is talking about when he is yelling? Because he won a Super Bowl 1 time in his 15 years as a coach?

He took his team to the divion title in his first season, as well as four of the next five season and more than half of his fifteen seasons. (8)

He also got them to the Super Bowl in his fourth season.

Also, you actually get to hear the things that he is yelling. (And yelling is a requirement in a loud stadium.)

He communicated with the players.

Can you name some instances for me where players got in Haley's face this year? I've watched every game and not seen this.

Bernard Pollard during the preseason. But Brian Waters, Larry Johnson and Derrick Johnson have all spoken-up against him as well....publicly.

I am a Cowher guy. It's not that I have a problem with being tough with the players. It's knowing when to be firm, but always being fair. If it isn't working with Player A, figure out what does work.

I get tagged as a "Haley-hater". But that really isn't the case.

I have two problems with Todd Haley as our HC.

One, I don't see anything in his history that suggests that he is capable of gameplanning to win. That is easy to overlook, as he can come out and show what hasn't been seen.

Two, he started making enemies of his players right away, and has continued to do so.

There are alot things that he has done, in his first season, that I disagree with. Starting LJ until he worked his way out of here, conservative philosophy with Cassel, doing too many jobs at once. IE... HC OC QB Coach.

But I don't hate him. I don't want him removed as HC. (Cowher exception) and I am far from trying to say that he is a bad HC.

But getting rid of GOOD, or even useful, football players because you created personal issues with them is a problem that he needs to fix. And he doesn't seem to be doing that.

jap1
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
Maybe part of my wish is going to come true ...

Sources: Kansas City Chiefs likely to hire Romeo Crennel to run D - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4792324)

Pro_Angler
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
My wish list, Bill Cowher, MArshall or Boldin, Draft a stud QB, draft a stud OT, SB win

Coach
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
My wish list: Crennell, Weis, and for the OL to get better. I think the defense will get better because of Crennel.

chief31
01-04-2010, 06:19 AM
My wish list: Crennell, Weis, and for the OL to get better. I think the defense will get better because of Crennel.

I am almost scared to make any changes to the o-line. I know that we need some. But I would hate to have to wait for a new group to get a feel for playing alongside each other.

Hopefully, whatever changes we do make will not shake things up too much, as they did play alot better late in the season, than they did earlier.