PDA

View Full Version : trading out of the # 3spot best for chiefs.

kcred
01-02-2010, 10:23 AM
As much as I want the chiefs to draft Suh and build a championship defense.( You win with defense) the chiefs have to many needs. To trade back would be the best thing for the team. If clausen falls to # 3 I believe the chiefs will get fair market value for their Pic. Too many teams need a qb. nfl team's with good qb's are making the playoffs .with few true first rd.qb's in this yrs draft. The chiefs will get multiple trade offers. This yrs draft is all about the second & third rounds and a team with multiple pics in those rounds can vastly impove next season.
Just my humble opinion.
PEACE, KC RED

figcrostic
01-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Yeah we definetly need some help all over the team, more pics could help but adding a pro bowler to the O-line would be nice.

Pro_Angler
01-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Um Suh wont be theree at 3 and we are drafting at 4 and we need a QB as well..

chief31
01-02-2010, 12:08 PM
I'd be all for trading back. Even if it meant getting less than the recommended value.

If we can't trade down, I am leaning toward taking Berry at #3.

I'd be thrilled to see us take Okung. But have reserved myself to the belief that the front office believes there is no need for a LOT.

kcred
01-02-2010, 12:10 PM
I think it depends on strength of schedule when it comes. To recordd. So I would think Tampa has the harder schedule. But 3or4th pic. Here's how i see it 1.suh St Louis 2. Berry lions. 3. McCoy. 4. Seattle clausen, via trade with chiefs.

Vandelay
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Who decided we were drafting at 3 anyway. We just might beat the donks sunday.:bananen_smilies046:

Sick Dog
01-02-2010, 02:16 PM

You have to be kidding me a QB as well...Here we go...my head hurts reading such stupidity.

MDChiefs!
01-02-2010, 02:27 PM
with the ungodly amount of holes we NEED to fill this off season (NT, ILB, OLB, OG, C, S) QB should be the last thing on our minds. When we upgrade the line and the WRs that automatically makes our QB better...give him a chance. Were going to need to if we plan on filling any of these other holes we need to...the QBs suck in the draft anyways. I thought Jake Locker was the only good QB

honda522
01-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I would like to trade down since we have so many holes to fill. QB is the least of our worries.

yashi
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
Trading down would be nice, but it's extremely rare for any team to trade into the top 5 these days.

NWA Chief
01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
If I remember right, Seattle may have 2 picks in the first round. Their first pick is very low and their second should be a middle to high pick in the first. They will be looking for a QB but we would have to package a deal for them to get this, such as giving them a 3rd or 4th rounder. I'd love to see it, but at the same time, there's not many chances we can get a guy like Eric Berry. Do you want to be saying to yourself next season, "Man, that guy coulda been on our team"

hometeam
01-02-2010, 08:52 PM
trading down is more value for one of the top picks, especially in our case.

matthewschiefs
01-02-2010, 08:54 PM
I dont think SUh will be there at 3 and theres not anyone eles that realy realy excites me in the draft like he does. So tradeing down and getting a extra pick or 2 would be helpful.

Coach
01-02-2010, 09:05 PM
I think it depends on strength of schedule when it comes. To recordd. So I would think Tampa has the harder schedule. But 3or4th pic. Here's how i see it 1.suh St Louis 2. Berry lions. 3. McCoy. 4. Seattle clausen, via trade with chiefs.

St. Louis will be drafting a QB at #1 if they keep the pick. I'll bet $20. Any takers?

honda522
01-02-2010, 09:26 PM
St. Louis will be drafting a QB at #1 if they keep the pick. I'll bet $20. Any takers?
I don't see why people think STL is going to take a QB.
If they would protect Bulger, he would be fine for awhile. They need a defensive player.

KottkeKU
01-03-2010, 12:22 AM
your right, i dont really think STL needs a QB as bad as they need other pos. Having said that, i still think they take a QB just because they need a new franchise QB and a new face and spark to that organization...

DMN
01-03-2010, 09:38 AM
I think that the depth of this years draft alone is going to make trading down near impossible. 3rd and 4th round picks hold more value this year... And with the ridiculous contracts top fives get and no salary cap... I for one would be happy not to have a top five pic.. seriously.

My biggest worry is that our top five will eat up "Hunt's" cap room enough to stifle free agency... we all know that Hunt's cap is just a hair lower than the nfls right now (Haha)... and free agents are going to be looking to go big.

Trade down scenario would be great..

yashi
01-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I live in StL and nobody here thinks they should take a quarterback. My friend who's a season ticket holder guaranteed me that they won't.

pbatrucker
01-03-2010, 03:49 PM
DT's will probably go 1, 2 in this draft.