PDA

View Full Version : trade value for derick johnsom

kcred
01-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I have to think D J. Could. Start for any team needing a lb. He is better than any line backer in the draft due to the fact that he is just hitting his prime. A first
round pic is what they should ask for .
Any thought on this.

AussieChiefsFan
01-03-2010, 11:16 PM
If they traded him id be pretty furious

matthewschiefs
01-03-2010, 11:44 PM
Todays play will certenly increse it

jap1
01-03-2010, 11:48 PM
He is way too inconsistent and misses way to many tackles to be considered 1st round trade value. Maybe 3rd or 4th, but that is probably me being hopeful.

He played great today, and he had one or two other games, but where was he the whole season?

Chiefster
01-03-2010, 11:50 PM
Best game I've ever seen DJ play!

AussieChiefsFan
01-04-2010, 12:00 AM
Best game I've ever seen DJ play!

I agree!

BTW check out the spelling of "Derrick Johnson" in the thread title! :lol:

tornadospotter
01-04-2010, 12:17 AM
His trade value was definitely increased today.

AussieChiefsFan
01-04-2010, 12:19 AM
His trade value was definitely increased today.

Definately

fairladyZ
01-04-2010, 12:32 AM
i will be upset if we trade him... I still think he is our best linebacker and our most athletic. He may miss a tackle here or there but have you not seen the rest of this team do the same?
Hali, DJ, Demario, Rookie stud LB in draft for start of 010 season.

Chiefster
01-04-2010, 12:38 AM
I agree!

Oh well, the spelling police I am not. If it weren't for "Word" and FireFox I would read like a complete blithering idiot. :D

matthewschiefs
01-04-2010, 12:41 AM
I agree!

Hey now lets not make fun of bad spelling or i am in trouble lol

Chiefster
01-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Hey now lets not make fun of bad spelling or i am in trouble lol

Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet (http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&utm_campaign=firefox35&gclid=CI-MjYyEip8CFQTxDAodf3Z1vg)

:D

josh1971
01-04-2010, 12:52 AM
i will be upset if we trade him... I still think he is our best linebacker and our most athletic. He may miss a tackle here or there but have you not seen the rest of this team do the same?

This. Definitely this.

Hayvern
01-04-2010, 01:10 AM
He has very little trade value because he is a free agent this season. Any trade would have to also include an agreed upon contract and I just don't see too many teams going through that kind of trouble.

He is a restricted free agent, so I would think if he is offered enough money over his current contract we would go with the draft pick, if he is offered less, we will match it.

A trade is not in his future.

chief31
01-04-2010, 05:51 AM
He is way too inconsistent and misses way to many tackles to be considered 1st round trade value. Maybe 3rd or 4th, but that is probably me being hopeful.

He played great today, and he had one or two other games, but where was he the whole season?

Riding the pine.

pbatrucker
01-04-2010, 06:35 AM
In a KCSTAR, I read were Haley and DJ talked before the game and Haley told him to get him a pick or something. That when he has a chance to play, show him something. DO you think DJ took that to heart.
Something I've been thinking about for awhile. I like Vrabel and think he can still play, but he has lost a step and no longer the pass rushing threat he once was. I still woulld to keep him , but move him to ILB. draft Von Miller, Texas A&M in the second rd.
WE would then have Miller LOLB, Vrabel, ILB, DJ, ILB and Hali ROLB. To me that goup of LB's would look real good.

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 09:41 AM
I have to think D J. Could. Start for any team needing a lb. He is better than any line backer in the draft due to the fact that he is just hitting his prime. A first
Any thought on this.

LOL @ 1st round pick.

Matt Millen is no longer in the NFL.
Maybe if Isiah Thomas were given an NFL team, but that's never going to happen.

yashi
01-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Haha 1st round pick.

They'll probably slap him with a 2nd round tender and see how things go. If nobody's interested, he'll be a Chief for at least 1 more year.

Pro_Angler
01-04-2010, 10:01 AM
yea trade the guy and have to draft another one?? doesnt make sence..

dad005
01-04-2010, 10:05 AM
DJ was similar to Jamaal Charles this year in that he got in Haley's doghouse early, which cost him playing time. With the whole debacle with LJ, Charles finally got to prove the coach wrong. It seemed like when he got a chance, DJ made some plays here and there and I think he has to be one of our few holdovers on defense for 2010.

honda522
01-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't think we should trade him, he is going to fit well with Romeo Crennel taking care of business.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM

I'd be upset if we traded him too, and agree with you for the most part, other than I'm not sure I'd say DJ is our best LB currently.

It takes an average of 5 seasons for a Rookie in the NFL to develop with playing at their peak & best, so if we traded DJ now...I have a feeling in my gut it would come back to haunt us, as has been the case with other defensive players we've traded.

I wish we still had Jared Allen, but that ain't gonna happen. I just hope as a reward for the heart and soul he played with while a Chief, and for the Vikes now...he get's a SB ring! Karma so to speak for Peterson trading him due mostly to personality conflicts & ego. Peterson doesn't have a SB ring, and doubtful he will acquire one in the future with another team.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Oh well, the spelling police I am not. If it weren't for "Word" and FireFox I would read like a complete blithering idiot. :D

I seriously doubt that...that you "would read like a blithering idiot", haha.

I don't have 'Word' or 'Firefox', nor a way to check spelling without Googling. How does one check spelling without Googling when they use Windows XP SP3 & IE8...any clue?

I have Wordpad, but no Word...wasn't included in my package when I bought my PC in 2004...which is the same one I still use today. I do have Windows Office Publisher, but only use it to create labels and such.

I've always been a good speller, but it's been a long time since school days, haha...and words/names I don't use often I have to look up at times.

josh1971
01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, also Connie, this board does alert you when you've misspelled a work, and it's pretty easy to correct them. My guess is that a lot of people don't care about it, or are in such a hurry that they just don't do it.

When the word has red under it, right click it! Everyone these days should be a good speller on the internet! :D

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, also Connie, this board does alert you when you've misspelled a work, and it's pretty easy to correct them. My guess is that a lot of people don't care about it, or are in such a hurry that they just don't do it.

When the word has red under it, right click it! Everyone these days should be a good speller on the internet! :D

So this website highlight's a word in red if it's misspelled? I've never had that happen, but I know I've misspelled words, sometimes due to typing too fast, and I've caught it and edited.

I'll have to do some investigating, figure out how to enable spellcheck on this website. I've yet to figure out how y'all do the multiple quoting, however, haha.

yashi
01-04-2010, 04:11 PM
I think it's a Firefox thing, not anything to do with this site in particular. I could be wrong.

figcrostic
01-04-2010, 04:36 PM
Any thought on this.

I hope we keep him, but I think he is worth at least a 1 low first round pick or high second.

pbatrucker
01-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I've read more than once that people around the NFL don't think much of DJ. In an interview yesterday Dj stated that on his 2nd interception he was supposed to be rushing the passer on the other side. IMO he wants to be allowed to free lance on every play. That's not going to happen here or else where. A great talent, but has to learn disipline.

josh1971
01-04-2010, 07:25 PM
I think it's a Firefox thing, not anything to do with this site in particular. I could be wrong.

Oh that could be true. I really don't use anything but Firefox, so it might be that.

jb