PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay of ESPN's guess at our 1st pick.

josh1971
01-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Anthony Davis, OT from Rutgers.

Any thoughts?

jb

matthewschiefs
01-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Dont no much about him as i dont pay to much attention to College football and wont till they get rid of the BCS but thats anther rant hopefuly whoever they pick will be a player that can help some year 1 and be a solid player for years to come.

KristofLaw
01-04-2010, 01:03 AM
I don't know much about him either. Here is a profile link (http://cdsdraft.com/profile.php?id=2785) on him. And here is a write-up from Sports Illustrated with the following, from the following...

Rutgers OT Davis entering draft (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/ncaa/12/22/rutgers-davis.ap/index.html)

Some experts have slotted Davis as the third-rated, draft-eligible offensive tackle prospect behind Oklahoma State's Russell Okung and Oklahoma's Trent Williams.

... which I find interesting.

Chiefster
01-04-2010, 01:08 AM
If he can be an immediate starter then I say go get him! :D

josh1971
01-04-2010, 03:17 AM
If he's rated behind Okung and Trent Williams, why wouldn't we take one of those guys instead of this Davis cat?

I just want to see KC start to build a wall of blockers for JC and for the passing game. Whoever that is- let's get 'em.

jb

pbatrucker
01-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Davis probably has more up side than the OT's in the draft. He can do it all very well. Problem is, he is barely 21 years old and inconsistant.
Since we are drafting 5th, Suh and Berry will probably be off the board. Logic would say Okung or McClain. Then again logic said Curry last year. Guess we'll know in April.

yashi
01-04-2010, 09:16 AM
1. St. Louis - QB Jimmy Clausen
2. Detroit - DT Ndamakong Suh
3. Tampa Bay - DT Gerald McCoy
4. Washington - QB Sam Bradford
5. Kansas City - S Eric Berry or OT Russell Okung

My dream scenario. I'd love to see both of them drop to us at 5, but if at least one makes it I'll still be a happy camper.

kcred
01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
This mock just might fall this way. Clausan may fall to #5 if this happens we may get some trade offers. By the way i am using my touch phone to write these threads so it is not my spelling, these keys are so some and i don't use my reading glasses

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 09:29 AM
1. I think we are ahead of Washington
2. Washington isn't going to take a QB, with Campbell playing relatively well in the 2nd 1/2 of the season.
3. I'm fairly certain TB would take Berry if Suh is off the board.
4. Unless we totally botch this, or Detroit decides to smarten up, we should be able to get Okung.

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 09:30 AM

Any thoughts?

jb

If that's the case, I'd rather they trade down, take Dez Bryant, or go defense.

There's guys that will be available in the 2nd round that are about as talented as Davis IMO.

yashi
01-04-2010, 09:38 AM
1. I think we are ahead of Washington

Chiefs Secure 5th Pick in the 2010 NFL*Draft - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1/3/1232252/chiefs-secure-5th-pick-in-the-2010)

2. Washington isn't going to take a QB, with Campbell playing relatively well in the 2nd 1/2 of the season.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftnewregimes.php

3. I'm fairly certain TB would take Berry if Suh is off the board.

Possibly, but DT is a much larger need for them. You do realize they've been starting our old friend Ryan Sims right?

4. Unless we totally botch this, or Detroit decides to smarten up, we should be able to get Okung.

Hopefully.

Pro_Angler
01-04-2010, 09:57 AM

Any thoughts?

jb
waste of a 4th or 5th 1st rd pick..

Pro_Angler
01-04-2010, 10:00 AM
1. St. Louis - QB Jimmy Clausen
2. Detroit - DT Ndamakong Suh
3. Tampa Bay - DT Gerald McCoy
4. Washington - QB Sam Bradford
5. Kansas City - S Eric Berry or OT Russell Okung

My dream scenario. I'd love to see both of them drop to us at 5, but if at least one makes it I'll still be a happy camper.

I like it or the other option we trade down for a few #1's??
I dont t6hink tamba bay is going to draft a QB, they might be the ones trading witrh seattle for thier 2 firsts to jump ahead of waqshington for qb pick..Thats why the 4th spot was so valuable for us over washington...trade value

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 10:07 AM
Chiefs Secure 5th Pick in the 2010 NFL*Draft - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/1/3/1232252/chiefs-secure-5th-pick-in-the-2010)

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftnewregimes.php

Possibly, but DT is a much larger need for them. You do realize they've been starting our old friend Ryan Sims right?

Hopefully.

Wow I thought we were ahead of Washington.

Oh well at any rate, I doubt Washington takes a QB, even with the new regime set to take over.

And you are quoting the same site that has KC taking Curry last season, even though 2 days before the draft, everybody knew they were taking Jackson.

That being said, while its possible Snyder will chase the big name in Bradford, its not very likely.

Also, no I was not aware they were starting mr. Sims. OUCH.......maybe I'll have to agree with you on that one then.

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 03:39 PM
McShay's top 5 Mock

1. St. Louis - Suh
2. Detroit - McCoy
3. Tampa Bay - Berry
4. Washington - Bradford
5. Kansas City - Davis

I'd rather Okung personally, I think Davis' stock is only rising because of the bowl game. Honestly I haven't watched that much film on him, but at this point I'm sure he's got to be an upgrade over my namesake Branden Albert (who I said from day 1 should be playing guard)

yashi
01-04-2010, 03:43 PM
I really dislike Todd McShay. He seems to create his big boards and mocks with controversy in mind. He has Clausen way down there on his board because he thinks that leadership issues will "arise", whatever that means. Okung has been an elite offensive lineman in college football since he was a true freshman.

josh1971
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm starting to like the idea of Berry more and more. I've stuck up for Mike Brown a lot, and he's good at some things.

Coverage isn't necessarily one of them.

Of course, taking Okung would be a nice step in the right direction, too.

jb