PDA

View Full Version : Charles passed up attempt on rushing record

SIC J
01-04-2010, 01:23 AM
Got this from nfl.com.........

Charles passed up a chance to get close to Minnesota's Adrian Peterson's single-game NFL record of 296 yards set against San Diego in 2007.

Haley said Charles approached him on the sideline after his second touchdown run and requested he give the playing time to others.

"That showed me even more a part of Jamaal that everybody doesn't get to see," Haley said.

PawnshopMarimba
01-04-2010, 01:46 AM
Jeez, that's pretty classy. WTG, Jamal.

Vandelay
01-04-2010, 01:57 AM
And LJ is an a$$.

PawnshopMarimba
01-04-2010, 02:00 AM
That he is.

Kind of awesome that we got rid of the big baby and accidentally discover that our back up is, whoops, one of the best running backs in the league.

I'm glad he at least took LJ's Chiefs single game rushing record back, though. I want everything related to Larry stricken from the books.

AussieChiefsFan
01-04-2010, 02:36 AM
That he is.

Kind of awesome that we got rid of the big baby and accidentally discover that our back up is, whoops, one of the best running backs in the league.

I'm glad he at least took LJ's Chiefs single game rushing record back, though. I want everything related to Larry stricken from the books.
Same here!

josh1971
01-04-2010, 03:13 AM
EXCEPT-

That record number of rushing attempts in one season. Please don't do that to Jamaal!

chief31
01-04-2010, 05:52 AM
EXCEPT-

That record number of rushing attempts in one season. Please don't do that to Jamaal!

Agreed. Lol.

Canada
01-04-2010, 08:45 AM
LJ 9 carries for 38 yards last night....and he was Cincys leading rusher. I sure do miss him. lol

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 09:27 AM
Agreed. Lol.

Yes LJ can keep that one...LOL

yashi
01-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned.. but JC became the first RB in NFL history to rush for 1100 yards on less than 200 carries in a season.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 03:34 PM
That he is.

DITTO!

And...WOW! Thanks for posting this Sic J...I hadn't heard that JC passed up that opportunity. Sure say's it all related to who he is on the inside, and not one of vanity or ego it appears at all. That in itself is priceless!

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned.. but JC became the first RB in NFL history to rush for 1100 yards on less than 200 carries in a season.

Didn't know that NFL fact either, thanks! :)

josh1971
01-04-2010, 03:55 PM
Now then, we need a good O-line to open some real rushing lanes for him!

Announcer quote of the day yesterday:

"Jamaal Charles... has a big hole..." :D

jb

hometeam
01-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Not that anything charles did was wrong, becuase it was a stand up move by him.

But, what about the whole 'the best players want the ball' deal? I would have liked to see him go for it, 200+ yard rushing games dont come along too often, no matter who you are.

jason1981
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I wish Haley would have said thanks but were going to get you that record just for you saying that.

kilobytes
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
That he is.

:sign0023:
Why the heck is this an LJ thread all of a sudden!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LJ was a huge improvement over Holmes (wish he would have had more opportunities before Holmes injury) and now JC is a huge improvement over LJ and I wish he would have started earlier as well. I hold no hate over LJ or any player in the NFL like most of you.
I find preserving peoples records or wiping out someone elses just because you hate them pathetic

honda522
01-04-2010, 08:37 PM
:sign0023:
Why the heck is this an LJ thread all of a sudden!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LJ was a huge improvement over Holmes (wish he would have had more opportunities before Holmes injury) and now JC is a huge improvement over LJ and I wish he would have started earlier as well. I hold no hate over LJ or any player in the NFL like most of you.
I find preserving peoples records or wiping out someone elses just because you hate them pathetic
It's funny. Cause you startered talking about how LJ is better this and that and all he said was JC broke that record and hopes he takes more records away from LJ

Your just made because people hate on LJ and you love him. :lamende:

kilobytes
01-04-2010, 08:41 PM
It's funny. Cause you startered talking about how LJ is better this and that and all he said was JC broke that record and hopes he takes more records away from LJ

Your just made because people hate on LJ and you love him. :lamende:
Because it had turned in to an LJ thread and I will continue to defend hated players. Plus I was responding to all the haters. Of course Im mad at people hating on him. They overreact and can't tolerate anyone who sort of resembles a """thug""". You on the other hand will hate no matter what.

honda522
01-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Because it had turned in to an LJ thread and I will continue to defend hated players. Plus I was responding to all the haters. Of course Im mad at people hating on him. They overreact and can't tolerate anyone who sort of resembles a """thug""". You on the other hand will hate no matter what.
There is a reason people hate LJ. Its not just because they want to hate.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM

Personally, I don't hate...takes too much valuable time that one can't get back. I admit to disliking and having no respect for some, however...such is the case with LJ. :)

It's not a matter of being petty or hate as to my personal opinion of LJ, and not wanting him to remain a Chief, or retain records as such, etc.. It's a matter of principle, honor, integrity, loyalty, respect and all that so called good stuff LJ appears to be lacking in. :)

He's full of himself, all about himself...and it will ruin his career, and possibly his life if he doesn't take a reality check, get over himself. I don't think he thought any Chief RB would ever be greater than he believes he was...wrong, and JC is already making progress to prove such.

:yahoo:

Canada
01-05-2010, 12:03 PM
Because it had turned in to an LJ thread and I will continue to defend hated players. Plus I was responding to all the haters. Of course Im mad at people hating on him. They overreact and can't tolerate anyone who sort of resembles a """thug""". You on the other hand will hate no matter what.Fu*k LJ

yashi
01-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Of course we hate LJ, why wouldn't we? Because he had 2 good years running behind Hall of Fame offensive linemen, while being a complete pain in the *** for the organization the rest of the time? Do you want to defend O.J. and Rae Carruth also since they're hated as well?

Canada
01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Of course we hate LJ, why wouldn't we? Because he had 2 good years running behind Hall of Fame offensive linemen, while being a complete pain in the *** for the organization the rest of the time? Do you want to defend O.J. and Rae Carruth also?

Yeah!!!...and fu*k LJ!!

matthewschiefs
01-05-2010, 12:53 PM
I never new that he was close to the NFL Record. Shows that Jamal is not a me first play like the guy whos job he took. Things are defently looking up. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!