PDA

View Full Version : Are the Bonkos that bad?

Bike
01-04-2010, 06:28 AM
Are the Bonkos really that bad or are we showing some improvement. I vote the latter. I really think the bonks are a locker room divided. On one side you got the shanarat holdovers, on the other side you got the rest. When josh-boy sat his star player on a game they had to win to sneak into the playoffs, the writing was on the wall and imo the rest of the shanarats said screw it. Not to take anything away from the Chiefs, as we took complete advantage and destroyed them! Sweet!
So going into next year will we have an advantage over the Bonkos? Absolutlely! I mean which situation is better: 8-8 and miss the playoffs yet again with a final game dismantling at the hands of a 3-12 rebuilding team? OR : 4-12 with a final game destruction of a division rival with solid rumours of Crennell and possibly Weiss joining us along with a helluva draft? I'll take the latter!
I admit I thought that Haley had lost this team. But I was wrong. Wwwwwrong. They played hard their final game. At 3-12 our Chiefs played as if they were headed to the playoffs themselves. Well, maybe they are. Just getting a head start going into next year....
Have a great off-season Bonkos! LOL!!!

pbatrucker
01-04-2010, 06:40 AM
:bananen_smilies046:

figcrostic
01-04-2010, 09:28 AM
We definetly played a awesome game on offense, defense not so much, Carr was getting beat like he stole something.

honda522
01-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I think it was alittle of both. Denver couldn't do anything after the first pick. We played the game and finished. We improved by scoring on the first drive, and I think the OL is getting better. No sacks for Cassel.

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Well DJ got 2 lucky pick 6s, otherwise we probably lose that game.

Chiefster
01-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Are the Bonkos really that bad or are we showing some improvement...

Yes.

matthewschiefs
01-04-2010, 11:51 AM
I would have to say both. But I said all year I did not think that Denver was that good. THere 6-0 start had alot to do with who they played. But over the last few games the Chiefs were very competive so we had improved. hopefuly denver is just as bad next year and we are better.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 11:56 AM
I wasn't able to watch the first half much. I tend to think it's a little of both...yes, we're improving, and yes, the Donk's are that bad.

I know I'm bias, but...it's been my opinion for several seasons that the Donk's have never been as good as many of their season records indicate. They seem to have much luck on their side, as well as ref calls. They have a home advantage other teams don't, with high altitude, of which helps more than most realize. They've had soft schedules by comparison, and so on. Oh yeah, and they've been known to cheat! HA! :)

The Chiefs team I saw play in the last half reminded me much of the 90's Chiefs team. I had goosebumps at times! It was awesome! Had Cassel not had the one interception, we very likely would've had a score of 51 to 17, considering the Donk's scored a TD on that interception, and we were playing well, heading for the endzone.

honda522
01-04-2010, 12:03 PM
I wasn't able to watch the first half much. I tend to think it's a little of both...yes, we're improving, and yes, the Donk's are that bad.

I know I'm bias, but...it's been my opinion for several seasons that the Donk's have never been as good as many of their season records indicate. They seem to have much luck on their side, as well as ref calls. They have a home advantage other teams don't, with high altitude, of which helps more than most realize. They've had soft schedules by comparison, and so on. Oh yeah, and they've been known to cheat! HA! :)

The Chiefs team I saw play in the last half reminded me much of the 90's Chiefs team. I had goosebumps at times! It was awesome! Had Cassel not had the one interception, we very likely would've had a score of 51 to 17, considering the Donk's scored a TD on that interception, and we were playing well, heading for the endzone.
Hell Yeah!!

:bananen_smilies046:

REPPPPP....

Seek
01-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Ty Law got lucky by returning an INT backt to the 2...

Charles had 259 rushing yards. That is not LUCK.

Bike
01-04-2010, 01:21 PM

Agreed.

Bike
01-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Well I can see MAYBE ONE pick 6 being lucky. Maybe. But 2? Nah. You make your own luck. DJ put himself into position to make those plays. And he made them.

yashi
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Not to mention most linebackers drop those passes just as Belcher did with an easy one, much less pull both of them in and manage to turn them into 6. The second one was much easier, but the first was a thing of beauty.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Not to mention most linebackers drop those passes just as Belcher did with an easy one, much less pull both of them in and manage to turn them into 6. The second one was much easier, but the first was a thing of beauty.

"Luck is a matter of being prepared when opportunity presents itself". :D

HighBoltageMD
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
"Luck is a matter of being prepared when opportunity presents itself". :D

Absolutely...

Plus the Donks suk! :sign0098:

matthewschiefs
01-04-2010, 10:26 PM
The Chiefs WON that game yesterday it had nothing to do with luck. I realy dont think it had anything to do with the fact Marshall and the other recivers they had missing. Offense was not the reason denver lost. Jamal charles won that game its that simple.

N TX Dave
01-04-2010, 11:04 PM
Well they are in a mess right now but knowing their luck they will trade Marshall for a 1st round pick. At least their pick from Bears is not a top 10 pick.

figcrostic
01-05-2010, 05:48 PM

Luck my ***, that was pure skill don't be a hater. On one of the interceptions he sets it up perfectly fakes the rush and then drops back in the throwing lane.

bigpoppachief
01-05-2010, 05:51 PM

EXACTLY ! Plus our Offenseive line cant be that bad on the run for someone to have yards like that at least we know one thign we dont need to draft now !!!! Go TEXAS ! And JC ! Jammal Chalres Jesus dont need rooting lol

Bike
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
EXACTLY ! Plus our Offenseive line cant be that bad on the run for someone to have yards like that at least we know one thign we dont need to draft now !!!! Go TEXAS ! And JC ! Jammal Chalres Jesus dont need rooting lol
JC is a stud. Its unfortunate for us that Peterson signed LJ to that huge contract - which no doubt held JC back. Major blunder. And our ol is playing better, but we still need at least 3 starting ol - and soon.

Chiefster
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM
The Chiefs WON that game yesterday it had nothing to do with luck. I realy dont think it had anything to do with the fact Marshall and the other recivers they had missing. Offense was not the reason denver lost. Jamal charles won that game its that simple.

Well yeah, all that and DJ's two picks for TD's played a big role, but even if you take those point away we still win 30 - 24.