PDA

View Full Version : Johnson and charles

WichitaChiefs
01-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Since Jamaal charles Has been the starting back, there has only been on man better than him and that's Chris Johnson.

Speaking of Johnson, Jamaal is better than Larry even when larry is at his best.(Charles broke Chiefs alsingle game rushing record)

Needless to say im ready for next season.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Agree! Especially with being ready for 2010 Season!

I'm bummed...it's a long wait till preseason in August. :(

slimdagreat
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Normally I'd disagree, because LJ was other worldly in 2005, but LJ also had arguably the best OL in football.

JC did what he did with arguably the WORST OL in football. in that regard JC's season >>>>> LJ's 2005/2006

josh1971
01-04-2010, 03:41 PM
Agree! Especially with being ready for 2010 Season!

I'm bummed...it's a long wait till preseason in August. :(

But at least in present day we have the internet to keep up with things. Remember in years past where once the season ended, we were all pretty much out of the loop until just before pre-season would begin?

The horror....

I look forward to the offseason moves the Chiefs are going to make- starting with coaching staff.

Clancy Pendergast--> :pointlaugh: <-- Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
But at least in present day we have the internet to keep up with things. Remember in years past where once the season ended, we were all pretty much out of the loop until just before pre-season would begin?

The horror....

I look forward to the offseason moves the Chiefs are going to make- starting with coaching staff.

Clancy Pendergast--> :pointlaugh: <-- Clark Hunt, Scott Pioli

That is so true! Even more recently in my case, cause I wasn't participating actively with a Chiefs website, hahaha. Now I am, so the off season will be much easier to endure! Thanks Chiefs Crowd! :D

Looking forward to and attending Draft Day at Arrowhead in April use to help. I haven't been able to attend the last two yrs due to family related issues. I was planning on attending again this year, but I was told that they've changed it so much it's not what it use to be, not worth attending??

Guess I'll wait and see when they announce plans & details for this years Arrowhead Draft Day Party.

matthewschiefs
01-04-2010, 04:12 PM
For the first time in a long time i am so excited to be a chief fan again I can not wait till next year. So much good did come out of this season despite the 4-12 record. Mostly Jamal Charles. Its an exciting time thats for sure.

wildcat
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Normally I'd disagree, because LJ was other worldly in 2005, but LJ also had arguably the best OL in football.

JC did what he did with arguably the WORST OL in football. in that regard JC's season >>>>> LJ's 2005/2006

One could argue that 2005/2006 LJ was a better runner, but he was poor at catching passes out of the backfield and making blocks. He was also not much of a team player as Jamal seems to be.

2009 Jamal is a better football player than 2005/2006 LJ in my opinion and he is only 23.

kilobytes
01-04-2010, 09:04 PM
One could argue that 2005/2006 LJ was a better runner, but he was poor at catching passes out of the backfield and making blocks. He was also not much of a team player as Jamal seems to be.

2009 Jamal is a better football player than 2005/2006 LJ in my opinion and he is only 23.
I really don't think he was poor at catching. Descent I would say. Blocking was a problem with LJ yes. LJ was really good before the injury. He had a great game in the game he got injured. I really don't think the contract had anything to do with it. Just the o line and the injury. We had QB issues and couldn't pass very well so defenses cracked down solely on LJ. Defenses are going to adjust to Charles next year like they did with LJ. LJ continued his success without Roaf the next year. We will see what Charles does with a most likely improved line and defenses to stop him.

Now Holmes was almost all O line. Not much speed or power or agility. Just followed blockers to perfection.

If Charles continues success this is what i think
Charles>LJ>Okoye>Holmes

Bike
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I really don't think he was poor at catching. Descent I would say. Blocking was a problem with LJ yes. LJ was really good before the injury. He had a great game in the game he got injured. I really don't think the contract had anything to do with it. Just the o line and the injury. We had QB issues and couldn't pass very well so defenses cracked down solely on LJ. Defenses are going to adjust to Charles next year like they did with LJ. LJ continued his success without Roaf the next year. We will see what Charles does with a most likely improved line and defenses to stop him.

Now Holmes was almost all O line. Not much speed or power or agility. Just followed blockers to perfection.

Charles>LJ>Okoye>Holmes
Now, now Mrs. Johnson. You and I both know LJ mustn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Okoye or Holmes.

AussieChiefsFan
01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Since Jamaal charles Has been the starting back, there has only been on man better than him and that's Chris Johnson.

Speaking of Johnson, Jamaal is better than Larry even when larry is at his best.(Charles broke Chiefs alsingle game rushing record)

Needless to say im ready for next season.

Nicely said!:bananen_smilies046:

kilobytes
01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
Now, now Mr. Johnson. You and I both know LJ mustn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Okoye or Holmes.
Umm he was better than them. Don't deny it.

Connie Jo
01-04-2010, 09:34 PM
Now, now Mrs. Johnson. You and I both know LJ mustn't be mentioned in the same sentence as Okoye or Holmes.

:lol:

Seriously...overall I would put LJ last. I have a habit of considering contributions off the field as well as on when it comes to where I place players on my 'the best' list. :D

Bike
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Now, now Mrs. Johnson. We both know that your son was a failure as both a football player and as a human being. Now its time for some tea and off to bed. Nighty nite....

matthewschiefs
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM

I am to young to rember Okoye his time end right around I started fallowing the Chiefs.

Priest I think was better then LJ. And thats not even including all the off the field stuff. Priest afterall is the record holder for most yards and he did it on LESS carries then LJ. Priest was also better catching the ball and could make things happen outside the run game.

I no you like LJ but thoses are just facts. Lj was very good when he wanted to be and he had his head screwed on stright. But he was not the best rb we have had.

AussieChiefsFan
01-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Now, now Mrs. Johnson. We both know that your son was a failure as both a football player and as a human being. Now its time for some tea and off to bed. Nighty nite....

Best way anyone could have put it!:bananen_smilies046:

Pro_Angler
01-04-2010, 11:06 PM
LJ never had the break awayt speed as Charles, if we could draft a good FB he will be even better next year

kilobytes
01-05-2010, 01:29 AM
I am to young to rember Okoye his time end right around I started fallowing the Chiefs.

Priest I think was better then LJ. And thats not even including all the off the field stuff. Priest afterall is the record holder for most yards and he did it on LESS carries then LJ. Priest was also better catching the ball and could make things happen outside the run game.

I no you like LJ but thoses are just facts. Lj was very good when he wanted to be and he had his head screwed on stright. But he was not the best rb we have had.
But Holmes had a great O line most of his career. LJ had one for 2. Charles never had one but he is much quicker and faster than both of them so he doesn't need one.

Everyone should just go head over to kcchiefsgames.com and compare each in their primes. Its a great site as it has a ton of chiefs games going back to the Super Bowl or go watch highlight reels of each on youtube. There isn't really much of Okoye sadly on the site :(

And to Bike....SHUT IT

chief31
01-05-2010, 02:03 AM
For the first time in a long time i am so excited to be a chief fan again I can not wait till next year. So much good did come out of this season despite the 4-12 record. Mostly Jamal Charles. Its an exciting time thats for sure.

Ditto! It feels good to be heading for the offseason with something that I know I want to see more of.

LJ's biggest problem was LJ.

He refused to run the ball to the outside. And he accepted that he was worthless for the first dozen, or so, carries per game.

He was one-dimensional, and did nothing but increase that flaw, even when his dimesion was shut down.

And LJ did not "continue his success" without Roaf and T-Rich. His effectiveness was far less. Only a record number of carries made it look better. A full yard per carry less than the previous season.

Charles>LJ>Okoye>Holmes

Okoye>Holmes>Charles>LJ

In my opinion.

yashi
01-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Holmes' field vision, patience, and pass catching ability were all on an elite level. Saying he wasn't agile is simple incorrect. He was among the shiftiest backs in the league during his prime. He wasn't particularly fast or powerful, correct, but that was not his game.

KottkeKU
01-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I could get LJ's 2005/2006 numbers... he was running behind Roaf, Waters, Wiegmann, and Shields.... the best OL KC has ever been apart of. even Derrick Blaylock scored like 200 yards/ 3 td's in one game that year... and that was in one half when they had to sit Holmes fearing embrassment to the other team lol...

LJ is def. last on the list of those 4. Holmes is still KC's best rusher until Jamaal has another solid season or two. Holmes broke the TD record for a year or so until LT broke it i think... But Okoye was a badass, you cant tell me LJ was better than the Nigerian Nightmare...

matthewschiefs
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
But Holmes had a great O line most of his career. LJ had one for 2. Charles never had one but he is much quicker and faster than both of them so he doesn't need one.

Everyone should just go head over to kcchiefsgames.com and compare each in their primes. Its a great site as it has a ton of chiefs games going back to the Super Bowl or go watch highlight reels of each on youtube. There isn't really much of Okoye sadly on the site :(

And to Bike....SHUT IT

Yes Priest did have a better oline. I wont deney that point. But look at Jamal Charles. Same oline that LJ put 2.7 yards per carry with Jamal made the oline look decent. you also cant deney that. LJ is a good NFL rb not great IMO