PDA

View Full Version : No romeo to kc but we fired tim krumrie

hayden2004
01-05-2010, 02:38 PM
JasonLaCanfora (http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora)

Chiefs have fired longtime DL coach Tim Krumrie but rest of defensive staff, including DC Clany Pendergast, appear safe. More on NFLN & .com

yashi
01-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I would want Krumrie on my side in a bar fight, but man he hasn't done anything for us for years now.

hayden2004
01-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Posted: January 5th, 2010 | Jason La Canfora | Tags: Clancy Pendergast, Kansas City Chiefs, Tim Krumrie

The Chiefs have fired longtime defensive line coach Tim Krumrie, according to league sources. Krumrie, who is well respected in the coaching community, is likely to command interest elsewhere.

Krumrie appears to be the only change on the defensive at this point according to league sources, with coordinator Clancy Pendergast not told he was being to be retained. With the team already letting go position coaches, it would be very unusual for a move involving a coordinator to come later, and Pendergast has informed some around the league that he is safe.

Posted in: Jason La Canfora

matthewschiefs
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
I dont realy like the move to keep Clancy Pendergast but I cant say that its a horrible move. He like haley came into a bad spot. So I cant put all the blame on him. That being said like Haley next year he better show a BIG improvment on the deffensive side of the ball. IF this is indeed true.

yashi
01-05-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't like the move to keep him because he had all the talent in the world in Arizona and consistently coached them up to be at the bottom of the league in defense. Hopefully this is all because they're waiting to get a deal in place with Crennel before they fire him.

Vandelay
01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Clancy has to go.
He was bad in Arizona, he's been bad here.

chief31
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
I don't like the move to keep him because he had all the talent in the world in Arizona and consistently coached them up to be at the bottom of the league in defense. Hopefully this is all because they're waiting to get a deal in place with Crennel before they fire him.

I'm not big on Pendergast either. But doesn't he deserve as much of a chance as Haley does?

(Not really.) :lol:

Vandelay
01-05-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm not big on Pendergast either. But doesn't he deserve as much of a chance as Haley does?

(Not really.) :lol:
No he doesn't. Haley is an unkown as far as being a head coach, and he was successful as a coordinator before. He deserves more time.
Pendergast sucked before he came here, and has continued to suck. He needs to go.

yashi
01-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Not to mention good DCs turn around defenses immediately. Look at Mike Zimmer with the Bengals, or how much the Giants fell off the map without Spagnuolo.

chief31
01-05-2010, 03:58 PM
Not to mention good DCs turn around defenses immediately. Look at Mike Zimmer with the Bengals, or how much the Giants fell off the map without Spagnuolo.

Well, you could find similar HCing situations to make the same case, I think.

Let me reiterate that I want Pendergast gone, myself. Just playing devil's advocate a bit here.

hometeam
01-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Pendergast has never fielded a championship caliber defense, or hell even a mediocre defense.

why is he still here again?

josh1971
01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
So does that mean no Romeo Crennel at all? Or just not yet?

I would hate to think that Pendergast is going to stay in charge of the defense.

jb

Chiefster
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
So does that mean no Romeo Crennel at all? Or just not yet?

I would hate to think that Pendergast is going to stay in charge of the defense.

jb

Me too, I'm all for giving Haley a few of years but Pendergast needs to go IMO.

Bike
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Pendergast must go. Why even consider keeping this guy. He has proven he is inept.

KottkeKU
01-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Pendergast should pack his bags as well (Sorry Clancy)

but THANK GOD TIM KRUMRIE is gone... i have been sayin it for years that this guy needs to go, this is a hard but much needed move by Pioli, and a good one at that. Our defensive line (and rest of the defense for that matter) will look worlds better next year, i already know it....

Chieffaninfl
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Arizonas defense is much better this year since he is gone. And its mostly the same players. Fire Him!!!

matthewschiefs
01-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah, Arizonas defense is much better this year since he is gone. And its mostly the same players. Fire Him!!!

Not to realy defend him but Airizonas D was playing well at the end of last year. There D showed up in the playoffs thats part of the reason that Arizona went to the playoffs. But I would much rather see a change then the same. D we saw this season.

jap1
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
My interpretation of the information posted was that Clancy hasnt been told he was fired. That just means that they havent found a replacement yet. At least that is my hope.

honda522
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Clancy is safe so far.....doens't mean he is safe forever. He might be the next DB coach or something.

Sn@keIze
01-06-2010, 02:30 AM
Glad to hear Krumrie is gone. It should happened a year ago. When we broke the record for least amount of sacks in a season. Now we fire him after the DL does better. WTF?

I hope Gast is gone. And Pioli is workn some magic.

We are going to find out more about what kind of GM Pioli is.

Pioli is hopefully going try to get Crennel in.

Anybody Haley has brought in (with exception of Pope) from Cards, like Pender gast has sucked.

I personally dont like Haley either but no sense in going on about that since he will likely stay.

but its obvious he needs a DC (and a OC IMO).