PDA

View Full Version : Patience

jap1
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Lately everyone is getting super wound up over the fact that we havent announced a new OC or DC. It has not even been 1 week since the end of the regular season. We need to be patient.

On ESPN they have said that we are "in talks" with both Weis and Crennel. This will take some time, especially since we are negotiating with both at the same time. Pioli is going for the gold in getting probably the best two coordinators on the market. At this point if they dont come here, it isnt because Pioli doesnt know we need help, it is because those two people didnt want to come here.

Also, even though they will be UNDER Haley, Haley should be able to learn alot about being a HC from them. They both have experience as a HC. Although they were not successful, they can advise Haley on the mistakes NOT to make and have seen what a successful HC looks like.

Good things come to those who wait.

matthewschiefs
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Good post.

Even if we dont hire anther DC who nos maybe given anther year clancey can be a decent DC who nos. Its not like he had the most talented group in the world to work with. This D was not good last year under a "defenseive coach". It will not be a Shutdown d in all likelyhood next year no matter who the DC is. We have to take it one step at a time.

Haley said today that he is going to hire a OC. Thats good news it will let him be the HEAD coach of this team. Thats what he needs to be. If it does turn out to be weis like its looking like it will be right now GREAT. IF not we have to give whoever they bring in time. This is a process. It will take time

Patence is what we all need right now. Hopefuly we dont have to wait to much longer to here a new OC and DC have been hired. I hope we get both changed. GO CHEIFS!!!!

figcrostic
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I've only heard a couple people ***** about it, but yeah it's not even been a full week since our last game it's not been long enough to *****.

Ryfo18
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Agreed with everything said here...It takes time just to negotiate these guys' salaries before they can finalize stuff.

wildcat
01-07-2010, 10:41 AM
It sounds like we have Weiss, and Romeo may be in the works too, but I am pretty sure we will be better on both sides of the ball next year regardless. Pioli is going to bring in some talent. Even Clancy would look like a better DC next year with a talented D. Our D will be in for an even bigger turnaround if we bring in Crennel.

I believe the Chiefs are under great management now and they are doing things the right way to build for the long haul. The 10's might end up looking a lot like the 90's, accept with a little more potent of an offense!