PDA

View Full Version : What would you trade for Wilfork

Coach
01-07-2010, 01:42 AM
I have heard heard several people mention trading for Wilfork to fill our NT position.

What would you be willing to give NE in order to get Wilfork? 1st round pick? 1st and 2nd?

Chiefster
01-07-2010, 01:48 AM
Wow! Good question; I wouldn't have a clue.

josh1971
01-07-2010, 02:10 AM
Dwayne Bowe.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2010, 05:33 AM
2nd round pick. Thats what we got Cassle and Vrable for last year. We have an extra 2nd round pick from the Tony G trade. Not sure the pats would take that but who nos.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Having Wilfork, Charles and Cribbs next year. Beautiful.

pbatrucker
01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
IMO it's more likely that Denver will trade their problem child to the Pats for possibly Wilfork.
I have heard one rumor that the Steelers would draft Williams DT, TN and not resign Hampton.
If we could afford to package a couple of OL ( which we can't) a trade with the Packers for Picket would be a possibility.

wildcat
01-07-2010, 09:09 AM
What is the story with Wilfork? Maybe I am out of the loop, but why would the Pats want to trade their stud NT? Is he unhappy there?

pbatrucker
01-07-2010, 09:12 AM
They drafted another NT last year and might not want to pay Wilfork the big bucks. IMO they traded Seymour were they would have the money to resign Wilfork.

wildcat
01-07-2010, 10:24 AM
I see. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Too bad we probably would not be able to trade Dorsey to a team running a 4-3 for a stud NT prospect. It would work out great for everybody, but it is an unlikely scenario unless there just happens to be a team with a star NT that is moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3.

I know that Dorsey improved this season, but he would still be better off playing in a 4-3.

honda522
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Well for only a second round pick last year, we got Matt and Mike. This tells me that Belicheck doesn't want 2 first round picks. The cost you a fortune and he didn't want to shell out the price for two first round picks.

So I would consider trading him D Bowe, and maybe a 3rd or 4th round pick.

yashi
01-07-2010, 10:42 AM
I would trade almost anything outside of Charles, Bowe, Jackson, Dorsey, Flowers, Hali

Chiefster
01-07-2010, 11:21 AM
Dwayne Bowe.

Bowe had crossed my mind, however, I'd like to give him one more year, but that's just me.

Three7s
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm sick of Bowe, I'd trade him instantly.

Chiefster
01-07-2010, 11:40 AM

He has been a bit of an enigma and disappointment.

matthewschiefs
01-07-2010, 11:44 AM

If we get someone that can replace him i would not argue to trade him. He is not untradeable. But he is a good reciver someone that can help. Who would take his place. Chambers and who. Thats the only reason I dont realy want to trade bowe.

honda522
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Bowe had crossed my mind, however, I'd like to give him one more year, but that's just me.
I keep thinking give him another year, but do we want to waste a year on him? If we can get Wilfork out of it, then wow. Then he will become a star in NE.

I guess we will see how this plays out over the next few months.

Vandelay
01-07-2010, 12:19 PM
I'm kinda tired of Bowe's act as well. But even though he didn't do much after he came back from suspension, having him on the field seemed to open up the other recievers.
I would give up our 2nd, for Wilfork, but no more than that.

jap1
01-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I think the only thing we could afford would be a 2nd round pick. I honestly dont think they would be too interested in many of our players, except any of our stars that I am not willing to give up (Bowe, Charles, Flowers, Hali, Dorsey, Jackson, Cassel, Albert).

Not sure if they would take an early 2nd rounder for him, but it would definitely be worth it for us. If used our 1st 2nd rounder for Wilfork I would be very happy with this draft, regardless of what else we did.

SAPHOJUNKIE
01-07-2010, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't trade our first or second round picks for him. A third is the highest I would go.

Not that he isn't worth a first or second round pick, but our last two top five picks are already on the defensive line. We do have other problems.

That fifth overall pick could turn into a left tackle, which then shifts albert over to the right side. I, for one, believe that a pro bowl offensive line creates pro bowl running backs and quarterbacks, and not the other way around.

Jamaal Charles is clearly capable of amazing production. How much better will he be with an offensive line that consistently gets him to the secondary before first contact?

How much better will Cassel's play-action be when safeties know they aren't fast enough to tackle charles without jumping at the first sight of a handoff?

jason1981
01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
With a good draft and offseason we could be very competitive next year.

jap1
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Someone who might be a lot cheaper with not a whole lot of drop off in performance would be Shaun Rogers. That, of course, depends on what happens with his recovery from the broken leg.

KristofLaw
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Nothing. They should just give him to us.

Chiefster
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
I keep thinking give him another year, but do we want to waste a year on him? If we can get Wilfork out of it, then wow. Then he will become a star in NE.

I guess we will see how this plays out over the next few months.

Yup, anything is possible.

josh1971
01-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Nothing. They should just give him to us.

They won't have to. He's a free agent this year, which is what got me thinking about him in the first place. Casey Hampton is also a free agent this season, isn't he?

jb

Bike
01-07-2010, 08:00 PM
They won't have to. He's a free agent this year, which is what got me thinking about him in the first place.

jb
Maybe they franchise him. Like they did Cassel. Then trade him.

josh1971
01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Maybe they franchise him. Like they did Cassel. Then trade him.

They could certainly do that.

KristofLaw
01-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Yes he and Hampton are potential free agents. Could be great to land one of them via free agency, trade or give-away. :D

yashi
01-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Aren't they going to be restricted though, with the uncapped year.

josh1971
01-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Aren't they going to be restricted though, with the uncapped year.

No- they are both outside the 6 year mark that allows players to be unrestricted. I think Wilfork is right at it, and Hampton's been in the league a LONG time.

tksixtyone
01-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Why would we want to be responsible for giving New England a young replacement for Randy Moss? As soon as we trade him to NE, all we would hear was how we gave up talent to other teams all over again(Jared Allen and Bernard Pollard?). I realize Wilfork is talented, I just think the Patriots would get the better deal

josh1971
01-09-2010, 12:09 AM
Why would we want to be responsible for giving New England a young replacement for Randy Moss? As soon as we trade him to NE, all we would hear was how we gave up talent to other teams all over again(Jared Allen and Bernard Pollard?). I realize Wilfork is talented, I just think the Patriots would get the better deal

Except that really all Bowe is getting noted for- talented as he is- is dropping balls. Easy, catchable balls.

I certainly don't mind keeping Bowe, but if they traded him for Wilfork? I'd be ok with that, too.

AussieChiefsFan
01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Id trade 2rd or 2nd round pick foe Wilfork and a 3rd or 2nd round pick for Cribbs

captainamerica
01-09-2010, 12:16 AM
I'd give up a 1st round pick in 2012 draft. That's what Seymour went for and I'm willing to bet the Pats would be expecting similar compensation for Wilfork. By that time I'd expect for us to have put together a winning team and thus the 1st rounder will be a pick that happens later in the draft and it won't hurt us so badly.

josh1971
01-09-2010, 12:24 AM

Except that really all Bowe is getting noted for- talented as he is- is dropping balls. Easy, catchable balls.

I certainly don't mind keeping Bowe, but if they traded him for Wilfork? I'd be ok with that, too.

AussieChiefsFan
01-09-2010, 12:28 AM
I'd give up a 1st round pick in 2012 draft. That's what Seymour went for and I'm willing to bet the Pats would be expecting similar compensation for Wilfork. By that time I'd expect for us to have put together a winning team and thus the 1st rounder will be a pick that happens later in the draft and it won't hurt us so badly.
hmmm

captainamerica
01-09-2010, 12:30 AM
If the Pats Franchise him and we offer this trade to them after the 2010 draft is over, I bet they'd be more than willing to consider it

Fansincebirth
01-10-2010, 06:24 AM
Honestly dont think NE will let him go. Dont think that Rogers will be a free agent. Hampton is getting old and will cost too much. As far as Pickett goes he is not a big pass rusher. (And I know that is what most of us want) If we are looking for a rush Tony Brown is probably the best pass rushing NT that will be available. Of course he really will not be available either. Tenn. is not going to let him go, not after they gave up Haynsworth last year.

kcnation
01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
i would rather just go and try and sign,logan mankins the offensive linman from new england.......we need the offensive line built up better than it is first in my opinion

fairladyZ
01-10-2010, 03:55 PM
nothing after watching this game today. He has pretty much been blown out by ravens line.