PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm....

josh1971
01-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Kick returner IS a position we need to fiil:

Cribbs: it's 'unlikely' he'll stay in Cleveland - NFL - Yahoo! Sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-cribbs&prov=ap&type=lgns)

matthewschiefs
01-07-2010, 05:34 AM
Cribbs would be nice. We defently could use a better kick and punt returner. And anther weapon on offense is always a good thing.

AussieChiefsFan
01-07-2010, 07:03 AM
If we got Cribbs our Offense (especially special teams) would be UNSTOPPABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading for him would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!

loyalchief91
01-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Doubt it would happen. But our offense would have another weapon so that's always good.

Ryfo18
01-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Cribbs would be nice, but I don't think he's worth the price. We should be able to draft someone that can return kicks. Granted, it's a long shot getting someone that talented. He's wanting over $2.5M a year to return kicks and probably run a few offensive plays, but he's far from an every down guy. Not worth it.

fairladyZ
01-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Well we did call on him before the trade deadline when there were rumors that Cleveland was looking to move him. Wouldn't be surprised if we were still intrested and making calls on acquiring him

SAPHOJUNKIE
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
I had Cribbs on my fantasy team this year, so I actually paid a lot of attention to him, and ended up watching Cleveland games.

Cribbs is a PLAYMAKER. He's one of those guys that just produces on the field. Former quarterback who ran out of the wildcat later in the season, and I don't think he's reached his potential as a wide receiver, either.

I'd be happy with getting him, but I wouldn't want to trade anything higher than a third round pick on him.

Bike
01-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Cribbs would be nice, but I don't think he's worth the price. We should be able to draft someone that can return kicks. Granted, it's a long shot getting someone that talented. He's wanting over $2.5M a year to return kicks and probably run a few offensive plays, but he's far from an every down guy. Not worth it.
Well, considering Devin Hester signed a 4-yr/$40 mil contract extension in Chicago, 2.5 mil don't seem so bad...:D Cribbs will most likely be looking for something similar...

KristofLaw
01-08-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm sure that's just what Mike Holmgren wanted to hear walking into the Browns organization. Seems the guy should have his agent hold up awhile don't you think.

I mean he still has three years on his contract and the Browns need players in other positions. I'm glad nobody on our team is whining over money like him.

yashi
01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
They offered their best player $1.4 million a year. LOL, the Browns just don't get it.

KristofLaw
01-08-2010, 10:47 AM
He'd be good to have, for sure I just find the situation odd.

Seek
01-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I think he is expecting the Bank.

The life of a Kick Returner is very short for many reasons.

A. He is only as good as his blocking. I don't care how good the guy is. Kicking coverage has to be one of the biggest in player turn over form year to year compared to any other team. It is impossible to establish the same blocking year in and year out because either thos players are now starting or lost out to new draft picks.

B. The team will start to incorporate him more into the every day game, and the focus on kick returns deminishes.

C. Special teams start game planning against them.

Devon Hester got a big contract and basially became silent.

Dante Hall got traded and was basically silenced.

I am not saying it wouldn't be nice, but you don't pay a kick returner a ton of money. Just like you don't pay a running back over 30 a ton of money... The probability of getting your money worth isn't there.